Spirit of TWDG Forum

Here is a place to post TWDG related things in absence of the actual forum, which has unfortunately been locked apparently as a proxy to Telltale no longer possessing the rights.

Feel free to discuss or link whatever you please!

Tagged:

Comments

• edited September 2019

Courtesy of @Feedingfrenzy91, here is a link to his bio/review on Omar.

• So has anyone listened to the Done Running commentary yet? Any interesting tidbits to share?

• There's a lot of pretty neat info. Here's all the important bits in a list:

• The website version of the "Make your own Clementine" thing was created in After Effects, whereas the in-game version was painstakingly recreated in the Telltale Tool, which was a difficult process due to the engines limitations.
    • The car Clem and AJ drive in at the start was called the Barbalok, which is named after Mark Barbalok, who voiced a bunch of Telltale characters (including the cop who drives Lee to prison in the original game).
    • Disco Broccoli was created by Chris Rebbert when he was a nine years old. The rest of the band was created by him during the production of the Final Season.
    • Taylor Parks was original cast as Tenn before getting the role of AJ, and the voice of Tenn, Zaire Hampton, was cast of AJ before getting the role of Tenn.
    • The walker couple at the trainstation was originally going to be where the deer skull is, but they found that it was too easily miss-able so they were moved to the inside of the building.
    • There was going to be a fairly detailed backstory in the saferoom that the player could uncover explaining why the couple killed themselves and warning a some named Vern (in reference the the Ernest films), who had left the couple at some point, about the grenade under the trapdoor.
    • They talk about how if you play the game with a controller, it vibrates along with certain actions and events like killing walkers, explosions, etc.
    • Kent Mudle isn't in the credits until episode three because of Telltale's weirdly strict adherence to titles. Once the team moved over to Skybound they finally managed to get him along with a few other people credited.
    • Marlon, in an early draft, was going to be more of a bullying type character.
    • Tenn was going to be more of a mute character. Not that he was mute, just that he didn't talk too much.
    • Melissa and Gideon had never met each other until the recording of this developer commentary, because it's very common for VA's to record their lines separately.
    • They thought that Omar becoming this big chef god meme on Reddit was hilarious.
    • They couldn't show Louis in any of the E3 footage because they had not yet figured out how to make his dreadlocks move.
    • Gideon Adlon (voice of Violet) originally auditioned for the role of Ruby but Jack Fusting, their sound designer, asked her if she could also read for Violet.
    • Early versions of Violet had her with a really thick country accent. Gideon had done her audition with a southern accent.
    • The scene with Clem and AJ watching Louis play the piano was very difficult to program due to the limitations of the Telltale Tool.
    • Sterling Sulieman, the voice of Louis, actually nailed the "Oh, My Darling Clementine" recording on the first take but they had him re-record it because the first take sounded too good, whereas they wanted Louis to sound like an amateur.
    • Chris Rebbert and Lauren Mee wrote the lullaby sung by Violet and later on Minerva.
    • Chairles was inspired by their cinematic artist, Jonah Huang, who got a second chair at their desk and named it Chairles.
    • In another version of episode 4 there was going to be a birthday part for AJ and Louis in some branches would have given him a stool leg named Chairles Jr. or Stoolio.
    DabigRG posted: »

So has anyone listened to the Done Running commentary yet? Any interesting tidbits to share?

• Aw man this is all such cool insightful details! How'd you get it? Did someone stream the game early with Dev commentary on?

lupinb0y posted: »

There's a lot of pretty neat info. Here's all the important bits in a list: * The website version of the "Make your own Clementine" thi

• edited September 2019

Skybound uploaded the commentary for Final Season: Episode 1 on their YouTube channel.

In the Definitive Edition there'll be five episodes of developer commentary. There's one for each season (sans Michonne) except for TFS which has commentary for the first and last episode. I wish they did one for each episode but they probably didn't have time or something.

What I listed is pretty much all the big details they revealed, but it's still worth listening to since they talk about some other stuff as well.

AChicken posted: »

Aw man this is all such cool insightful details! How'd you get it? Did someone stream the game early with Dev commentary on?

• О_о

When your murderbaby doesn't want to murder you

• For those interested, Bryan Dechart (Detroit Become Human) will be streaming season one of TWD next month. At one of the streams he will have Melissa Hutchison and Cissy Jones as guests.

https://www.twitch.tv/dechartgames/events

Bryan and Amelia haven't played TWD yet, I can't wait to watch them cry. >:)

• I'll let this speak for itself.

• Someone made an upscaled version of the original retail cover.

• Saw this and remembered that "concept" art I never did.

• edited October 2019

I know Skybound is making a Walking Dead VR game. But has anyone heard any rumors of future walking dead titles?

• Is that an actual poster? I've looked and I can't find anything telling me one way or the other

Someone made an upscaled version of the original retail cover.

• edited October 2019

Yeah Telltale showed this off around the release of the first episode and I think it was supposed to be the original cover for the physical releases as well (not sure about that though).

Is that an actual poster? I've looked and I can't find anything telling me one way or the other

• Pretty much, though I think it was after the premiere.
    What could have been.

Yeah Telltale showed this off around the release of the first episode and I think it was supposed to be the original cover for the physical releases as well (not sure about that though).

• Well this is a relief. I needed this video, lol.

• You're the inspiration for a dislike button ;)

• There's barely any spirit anymore.

• Admittedly, I have been shitposting as of late.

There's barely any spirit anymore.

• Damn bro never been so happy to be Rick Rolled tbh

• I dont wish to see an end to Walking Dead games altogether; but I feel like a S5 would undermine the ending to S4. Clem's alive and everybody's happy. Probably best to leave it at that

Poogers555 posted: »

Damn bro never been so happy to be Rick Rolled tbh

• Is it an actual poster you can buy? I havent found any links that suggests you can

• Is it a poster you can actually buy? I havent found any links suggesting you can

Pretty much, though I think it was after the premiere. What could have been.

• Thank [whoever it was] on Reddit

Poogers555 posted: »

Damn bro never been so happy to be Rick Rolled tbh

• Not that I'd know of. It's just an unused cover.

Is it a poster you can actually buy? I havent found any links suggesting you can

• Well, thanks anyway

Not that I'd know of. It's just an unused cover.

• I remember it being shown off in Telltale's email newsletter after releasing Ep1. It was just a cool piece of art for the new season an artist there made.

• Yay, my first actual meme!

• It's good but you should always consider finding ways to make it easier to read as you make the meme.

Yay, my first actual meme!

• I’m not even mad, it’s a good song

• Okay, thanks! <3

Ghetsis posted: »

It's good but you should always consider finding ways to make it easier to read as you make the meme.

• The best memes are the obea without captions; so only meme lords will understand. Or memes with only two sentences are good too

Okay, thanks!

• edited October 2019

I don't think I ever heard these three before.

• I just remembered that I intended to do a Failed Aspirations about this.
    Oh cruel fate

• Nick was apparently gonna be knocked out near the end of All That Remains, as there is a file called sk54_action_zombie200Knocks Out Nick.anm

• edited October 2019

What ANF should have been:

Focus on the relationship between Clem and Javi similar to Lee and Clem except this time she's a young sole survivor fighting along side with someone (Lee would be proud), scrap characters like Gabe and David keep Kate as a mother figure to Mari and a friend or love interest for Javi, have Mariana (his niece) as the only thing Javi has of family left, with AJ and Mari being captured by the New Frontier and the main motivation for both Clem and Javi, have Clem with Kenny/Jane play a major role of the story along with Javier. (Not sure about Wellington... yet).

Have the New Frontier have conflicts with many others community's that they take people by force and use them as slaves, you can build your own army, make friends, allies to fight in an All Out War against the New Frontier (Lilly would be working with TNF).

And finally, have both Clementine and Javier being the two main protagonist of the season and two main playable characters. (Similar to TFTB with Rhys and Fiona).

• Not bad

What ANF should have been: Focus on the relationship between Clem and Javi similar to Lee and Clem except this time she's a young sole su

• Thanks

Not bad

• Personally to fix "ANF" to me would have been to have it so episode 1 starts you off wherever you left off in Season 2. You'd also always be Clem. If you're in Wellington for example, youd be with people like Tripp. At Howes, youd be with people like Eleanor, ect ect. If you had Wellington I'd also make it so Kenny is let in at this point. If alone, Javier is with you.

So the point here is each ending, you are now in a group with certain people. The story goes on until ANF kidnaps you and your group, and then you all get placed in. This means characters like Tripp from Wellington are now meeting characters like Eleanor, who you would have met before if had gotten the Jane ending for example.

To fix the Kenny and Jane thing, Javier would be introduced for the alone ending. He would not be in the base game other wise, only for players who have the alone ending. This way there is "one" "special character" whos role in the story is largely the same just that based on your choices its either Kenny, Jane, or Javier. This way the story largely flows the same because it wouldnt have a character spot just missing.

Thats how I would fix one of its biggest issues of choice feeling pointless.

What ANF should have been: Focus on the relationship between Clem and Javi similar to Lee and Clem except this time she's a young sole su

Sign in to comment in this discussion.