New Telltale Games News - The Wolf Among Us 2 Reannounced Not 2020, Batman Shadows Released

dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
edited December 2019 in General Chat

News

August 28th, 2019: New Press Release Announcing LCG Entertainment purchased the defunct studio's assets, trademarks, technology, and select intellectual properties made possible by a pool of investors.
Key Points
* The new Telltale Games will be headquartered in Malibu with a satellite office in Corte Madera, California.
* Day-to-day operations will be handled by Ottilie and Waddle, with Ottilie responsible for studio management and technology, and Waddle running business development, finance, and operations.
* Both will work closely with Athlon Games, who will handle marketing and publishing for back catalog and new games, allowing the new Telltale to focus on development and studio growth.
* Key talent from the original company has either been rehired or contracted by the new Telltale.
* News regarding the reissue of specific back catalog titles and new games in existing IP’s will be announced in the coming weeks.

August 29th, 2019: Telltale Games 2.0 Fireside Chat

December 12th, 2019:

December 17th, 2019:

Batman Shadows Edition - A Telltale Bundle released on Xbox One and Steam.

December 21st, 2019: We are creating the stories episodically, but how they will be released is still to be determined. I think the important distinction here is that we will no longer be developing episodically. If we do release the game in episodes, all of them will be ready before the first one hits the store

Tagged:

Comments

• The Fireside Chat is mostly stuff we already know.

"We would love to bring back everyone who wants to come but that just isn’t the economic reality of the games industry and it would be irresponsible of us to do so.”

They've hired and contracted a mix of former Telltale employees, with most of them being contracted for the moment and that rehiring everyone who might want to come back as unrealistic which is understandable.

The Wolf Among Us 2 is on their shortlist of projects to hopefully work on.

• They might get a new IP for their games, No Idea what it would be. because didn't netflix give the developers of Dead By daylight the IP for stranger things temporarily?

lupinb0y posted: »

The Fireside Chat is mostly stuff we already know. "We would love to bring back everyone who wants to come but that just isn’t the eco

• That was for their Stranger Things DLC which has a couple of the characters from the show as survivors and the Demogorgon as a new killer.

They might get a new IP for their games, No Idea what it would be. because didn't netflix give the developers of Dead By daylight the IP for stranger things temporarily?

• exactly. Do you think they'll maintain the IP for it?

lupinb0y posted: »

That was for their Stranger Things DLC which has a couple of the characters from the show as survivors and the Demogorgon as a new killer.

• Not how it works, just because one game has the Stranger Things license doesnt mean no other game studio is able to obtain it as well.

exactly. Do you think they'll maintain the IP for it?

• Well then, there's hope for this game!

Poogers555 posted: »

Not how it works, just because one game has the Stranger Things license doesnt mean no other game studio is able to obtain it as well.

• There's hope for a game in the future but that old stuff is abandoned ware at this point. I doubt they can just take those assets and start from where they left off.

Well then, there's hope for this game!

• I think that they would have to do some legal work and they'd have to get the people who worked on stranger things to go back to telltale.

There's hope for a game in the future but that old stuff is abandoned ware at this point. I doubt they can just take those assets and start from where they left off.

• Wolf 2, baby!

• edited December 2019

so new telltale make an original game and it's not on consoles evil but as long as wolf among us 2 is on consoles I be happy

• Well, not necessarily an original game, just a new IP Telltale hasn't worked with before.

donmike84 posted: »

so new telltale make an original game and it's not on consoles evil but as long as wolf among us 2 is on consoles I be happy

• If it's going to be released before twau s2 I doubt it'll get the recognition it needs since it's relatively a new start to a somewhat new company/people doubt this company atm.

dojo32161 posted: »

Well, not necessarily an original game, just a new IP Telltale hasn't worked with before.

• It's after TWAU 2

If it's going to be released before twau s2 I doubt it'll get the recognition it needs since it's relatively a new start to a somewhat new company/people doubt this company atm.

• Batman Shadows

Sign in to comment in this discussion.