New Telltale Games News - The Wolf Among Us 2 Reannounced Not 2020, Batman Shadows Released
August 28th, 2019: New Press Release Announcing LCG Entertainment purchased the defunct studio's assets, trademarks, technology, and select intellectual properties made possible by a pool of investors.
* The new Telltale Games will be headquartered in Malibu with a satellite office in Corte Madera, California.
* Day-to-day operations will be handled by Ottilie and Waddle, with Ottilie responsible for studio management and technology, and Waddle running business development, finance, and operations.
* Both will work closely with Athlon Games, who will handle marketing and publishing for back catalog and new games, allowing the new Telltale to focus on development and studio growth.
* Key talent from the original company has either been rehired or contracted by the new Telltale.
* News regarding the reissue of specific back catalog titles and new games in existing IP’s will be announced in the coming weeks.
August 29th, 2019: Telltale Games 2.0 Fireside Chat
December 12th, 2019:
- Wolf Among Us 2 - The Game Awards Teaser Trailer
The game will not release in 2020, Telltale’s CEO told me, and the company’s next game is likely to be based on brand-new IP.
It’s an Epic Games store exclusive for PC only.
- Telltale is producing the game in partnership with Adhoc Studios, a company formed by several ex-original-Telltale employees including directors Nick Herman and Dennis Lenart and writer Pierre Shorette. Jared Emerson-Johnson will be returning to compose and in addition a couple voice actors are confirmed to return, Adam Harrington as Bigby and Erin Yvette as Snow White.
- Zac Litton, the original Telltale’s vice president of engineering is now Chief Technology Officer for the new Telltale.
December 17th, 2019:
Batman Shadows Edition - A Telltale Bundle released on Xbox One and Steam.
December 21st, 2019: We are creating the stories episodically, but how they will be released is still to be determined. I think the important distinction here is that we will no longer be developing episodically. If we do release the game in episodes, all of them will be ready before the first one hits the store
The Fireside Chat is mostly stuff we already know.
They've hired and contracted a mix of former Telltale employees, with most of them being contracted for the moment and that rehiring everyone who might want to come back as unrealistic which is understandable.
The Wolf Among Us 2 is on their shortlist of projects to hopefully work on.
They might get a new IP for their games, No Idea what it would be. because didn't netflix give the developers of Dead By daylight the IP for stranger things temporarily?
That was for their Stranger Things DLC which has a couple of the characters from the show as survivors and the Demogorgon as a new killer.
exactly. Do you think they'll maintain the IP for it?
Not how it works, just because one game has the Stranger Things license doesnt mean no other game studio is able to obtain it as well.
Well then, there's hope for this game!
There's hope for a game in the future but that old stuff is abandoned ware at this point. I doubt they can just take those assets and start from where they left off.
I think that they would have to do some legal work and they'd have to get the people who worked on stranger things to go back to telltale.
Wolf 2, baby!
so new telltale make an original game and it's not on consoles evil but as long as wolf among us 2 is on consoles I be happy
Well, not necessarily an original game, just a new IP Telltale hasn't worked with before.
If it's going to be released before twau s2 I doubt it'll get the recognition it needs since it's relatively a new start to a somewhat new company/people doubt this company atm.
It's after TWAU 2