Tales From The Borderlands: Redux! - Leaked trailer!

Comments

• Hyped if this is true doesn't look fake to me but you never know

• I usually don’t buy remasters or new editions. But for Tales from the Borderlands? Gladly.

I hope this true

• We need butt-stalion for season 2.

• Holy Rhyiona!

Season 2 confirmed?!

You know what that means guys...

50 Rhyionas DARKER

• So if this is real does that mean other leaker guy was correct with Poker Night 3 and some of that Wolf 2 news as well?

I don't know about this. Its overall pretty convincing but Im fairly certain I could make this myself if I wanted to. Most of it is from the original game.

• If this is real, they reused Omid's death animation for august.

Poogers555 posted: »

So if this is real does that mean other leaker guy was correct with Poker Night 3 and some of that Wolf 2 news as well? I don't know abou

• Glad for others but pretty useless for anyone like me that owns a ps4 and live in europe.

• Omid had both hands on his chest.

If this is real, they reused Omid's death animation for august.

• edited March 2020

Hmmmmmmmmm

Would be very cool if it's true. Again, take everything this trailer says with a grain of salt.

The Batman Shadows Edition was "leaked" to come with more bonus features, improved graphics, and a skin selector for characters (unlockable by finding new collectibles) and that was all not included.

Maybe because it's still in development, but man, the trailer here does look weirdly edited. Music cuts out at weird times.

And if this is true... And there is X0 minutes of new content (I.E. a mini-episode), then what is Telltale doing? I thought they would only work on one small project at a time -- like Wolf 2. And with their shift to Unity, why would they make their employees venture back into the cold, dead hands of the Telltale Tool?

I don't know, but congrats to whoever made this whether it's true or not. They put in the time to make a pretty good-looking trailer.

IF this is true
    Who keeps leaking these things, and why are they so easily leaked? New Batman Mode and Wolf 2 was confirmed in December a few weeks before the real announce, the odd reddit text-leak of too much information in January, and now this filmed trailer.

But, we only got 5-second gifs last time, so it's pretty suspicious to me that someone has managed to leak the whole unfinished trailer.
    Eh, maybe they're working from home cause Telltale closed for 2 weeks.

• edited March 2020

I really doubt this is real. We are in an age of technology where pretty much everyone has a phone that can be used to film a full length movie with amazing clarity. Why on Earth does the footage look like it was filmed with an old Nokia phone from the mid 2000's? And like @AChicken said, the "trailer" is very weirdly edited with the music cutting out at certain times and why would they go back to the Telltale Tool? Also that bit with Rhys and Fiona falling into the vortex just did not look right. Like two action figures being thrown into a washing machine.

Again, it just seems to be a person/small group of people with an amazing amount of free time that they use to troll an incredibly niche fanbase.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Hmmm... I'd honestly say this is a pretty good fake trailer. I wouldn't mind if it was real, but it does come across as fake with how they're presenting it. But again, I would love it to be real, I'd be very interested in seeing episode commentary, concept art and unused concepts.

• What strikes me as odd is the music choice. "Working for the Weekend" is a popular, iconic rock song, so I'm sure it's a pricey license to buy.

lupinb0y posted: »

I really doubt this is real. We are in an age of technology where pretty much everyone has a phone that can be used to film a full length mo

• edited March 2020

And with New Telltale just only having rose from the ashes, it seems unlikely that they'd want to spend money on licensing songs just to essentially republish an old game.

AChicken posted: »

What strikes me as odd is the music choice. "Working for the Weekend" is a popular, iconic rock song, so I'm sure it's a pricey license to buy.

• edited March 2020

I don't see any logos either (though it is unfinished) so I don't know if this if coming from Gearbox, Telltale, or -- heck -- even Adhoc, since there's supposed to be 'commentary' tracks. That usually means writers/directors: people now at Adhoc.

What am I thinking there's logos at the start

dojo32161 posted: »

Hmmm... I'd honestly say this is a pretty good fake trailer. I wouldn't mind if it was real, but it does come across as fake with how they'r

• Honestly it happening so often is probably why its fake.

Also New Telltale isnt using Unity, they are using Unreal Engine. For why they would go back to the Telltale Tool I have no idea other than Im guessing if this was real it would be similar to Batman Shadows Edition where if you already owned it you pay 5 bucks to upgrade. Batman Shadows was also made with Telltale tool still so I guess its possible they made a mini episode. Doesnt help we dont know the episode length. The first number is cut off but it seems it has to be either 30, 60, or 80 minutes.

Hmmmmmmmmm Would be very cool if it's true. Again, take everything this trailer says with a grain of salt. The Batman Shadows Edition

Looking at the number, only the top part has curvature to it, however, if it is suppose to be a 2, that's a bit high up for what the font is.

Honestly it happening so often is probably why its fake. Also New Telltale isnt using Unity, they are using Unreal Engine. For why they w

• I dont think its possible for it to be a 2. I think its something like this

dojo32161 posted: »

Looking at the number, only the top part has curvature to it, however, if it is suppose to be a 2, that's a bit high up for what the font is.

• edited March 2020

Oh shit, that's something I wasn't expecting to see today. (or at all, to be honest) I really want it to be true, because this silence from Gearbox about TftB's possible return to the store even after they promised they'd look into it is really grinding my gears.

If this is a fake then whoever made this did a damn good job.

• Honestly, for a second I thought they were proudly announcing 0 minutes of new content. Was a pretty confusing and funny second.

I dont think its possible for it to be a 2. I think its something like this

• I think it's kinda like batman shadows edition except the fact that it contains several extra mitutes of episode 5 because of unclear finish of episode 5. I hope it's true to see what happened after they were teleported.

• edited March 2020

I’d kill a man for this to be true but I really don’t think it is...

The animations are giving me SFM vibes just like the Bigby footage from that “wolf 2 video”

I think whoever keeps making these leaks is the same guy, since this is really similar to the wolf 2 videos. Also how the guy keeps using r/GamingLeaksAndRumors

If anything, I hope this shows Randy Pitchford and 2k/Gearbox how much more valued the Tales cast is compared to the regular Borderlands cast, so we can see more of them in the future rather than the annoying unlikable main series characters like Ava, Ellie, and Tannis. Maybe they’ll actually put the game back on store shelves after 10 months of it being off...

• I'm sceptic. I mean, there have been too many fake leaks already. Fake gifs of "TWAU2 trailer" (the actual teaser turned out to be completely different), fake info on Batman: Shadows Edition... Not to mention the earlier screenshots of weird looking Bigby, not-TWAU looking Snow and a few other characters. As much as I'd love to play a remaster of TFTB, or even better, a sequel, I really think someone's just trying to make some noise.

You know, this trailer nails the feeling of a Gearbox style trailer, but not so much a Telltale styled one.

• I'd agree I do think this could be SFM. The person seems to be semi-competent at it though. I've been trying to learn it for a long ass time and the best thing I ever made was probably that Tales 2 menu thing I made and even then it looked ass lmao

And I agree, I hope if anything this makes Gearbox go "huh maybe we should actually put the game back on shelves like we said." Maybe maybe it will make them get AdHoc for a Tales 2 if it ever happens as well.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

I’d kill a man for this to be true but I really don’t think it is... The animations are giving me SFM vibes just like the Bigby footage f

• I'm saying it looks like 30 minutes. But even then I'm skeptical.

Unless there's a ton of fully-animated, textured scenes with appropriate voice lines, adding more stuff to the game seems like an uneccesary hassle.
    We know the Telltale Tool is hard to work with, so I don't see why they would bother with using its archaic systems to create new content from scratch.

30 minutes is a long time. That's a lot of stuff to animate. And if we're talking about telltale, there's a lot of cut voice lines+animation they'll need to add in, unless they reuse some stuff.

BIG DOUBT on this leak.

I dont think its possible for it to be a 2. I think its something like this

• If this is fake, then I must say, props to the person who put this together, he did make it seem really convincing and believable.

If this is true...

• I tracked down the song from the trailer

• edited March 2020

its fake. Definitely fake. It looks a little too amateurish in the font placement, but compared to other fakes this is pretty top tier. Almost had me fooled the first watch

• Really hope this is the real deal

• tfw Biggo the Wolf was the only leak Telltale publicly said wasnt real and ignored all others.

Was Biggo reality?

ʸᵉˢ ᴵ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᶜᵃᵐᵉ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ˢᵗʳᵃⁿᵍᵉʳ ᵗʰᶦⁿᵍˢ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᶜᵒⁿᶠᶦʳᵐᵃᵗᶦᵒⁿ ᶦᵐ ᵗʳʸᶦⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵐᵉᵐᵉ ʰᵉʳᵉ

• edited March 2020

considering the quality of other leaks besides Biggo wulf I don't blame em. Winter wolf sure as hell wasn't catching news sites or the many DM'd "leaks" we'd get from time to time back then.

If they don't say anything relatively soon de-confirming it. I think it has to be real considering how many people have covered this one in particular so far.

tfw Biggo the Wolf was the only leak Telltale publicly said wasnt real and ignored all others. Was Biggo reality? ʸᵉˢ ᴵ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᶜᵃᵐᵉ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ˢᵗʳᵃⁿᵍᵉʳ ᵗʰᶦⁿᵍˢ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᶜᵒⁿᶠᶦʳᵐᵃᵗᶦᵒⁿ ᶦᵐ ᵗʳʸᶦⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵐᵉᵐᵉ ʰᵉʳᵉ

• edited March 2020

I've thought about this too. I think it was real just based on the site it was found on; it wasn't some fan site or indie dev, it was a studio with actual ties to Telltale. I don't know if Telltale saw the reception Biggo got, panicked, and pulled a Sonic the Hedgehog by telling the Wolf team to play it off as fake so they could go back to the drawing board and change the design, or if it was concept art, or what, but I don't think it was a hoax.

Something to also keep in mind: all the post-closure interviews for Wolf 2 have said that the only thing done other than the season outline was concept art. It's possible Biggo was one of the finished pieces.

tfw Biggo the Wolf was the only leak Telltale publicly said wasnt real and ignored all others. Was Biggo reality? ʸᵉˢ ᴵ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᶜᵃᵐᵉ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ˢᵗʳᵃⁿᵍᵉʳ ᵗʰᶦⁿᵍˢ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᶜᵒⁿᶠᶦʳᵐᵃᵗᶦᵒⁿ ᶦᵐ ᵗʳʸᶦⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵐᵉᵐᵉ ʰᵉʳᵉ

• It came from Funlabs who worked with Telltale which is why it got traction. It was probably a proposal of some kind and Telltale denied it, so then they used it as part of their gallery but then people thought it was leaked. Then Telltale just said they had no idea what it was because that sounds better than "it was a proposal we didnt take." Might as well just completely distance yourself from the thing everyone is actively shitting on.

I dont think Biggo was actual concept art though. But then again one dev did say "concept art of it already leaked" and I dont think anyone has ever found any of it, and the time Biggo leaked would add up to Wolf 2's early/first development stage. I still dont think so though. The only concept I ever found about the original Wolf 2 was a video of what potential UI and pause menu for Wolf 2 could look like (reusing 90% of Wolf 1's assets)

booper posted: »

I've thought about this too. I think it was real just based on the site it was found on; it wasn't some fan site or indie dev, it was a stud

• lmao fake

• edited March 2020

The 20? minutes of new content are probably unused, right? Idk if this is real, but it's unfinished.

Hmmmmmmmmm Would be very cool if it's true. Again, take everything this trailer says with a grain of salt. The Batman Shadows Edition

• Man now that a day has gone by I do hope this is real. After replaying Tales a few weeks back I realized how much I really missed this game. I doubt its real but damn I hope it is. Tales 2 being made with Im assuming AdHoc would be incredible.

• I hope at the end of this redux version rhys would be able to kiss fiona or get out of the vault and kiss sasha!! :D

• welp this showed up on the same subreddit as the last one as well as the last other "Telltale leaks" account deleted like the last too but I would assume its the same person

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/fmgyn4/tales_from_the_borderlands_redux_clip/

https://i.imgur.com/YT0whU5.mp4

Interesting at the very least but Im still getting fake vibes. How many times have we seen "Telltale leaks" now in the last few weeks?

• edited March 2020

It's really suspect that the sound is fucked up; I'm assuming it's to stop us from being able to tell if Troy Baker and Patrick Warburton are doing the voices. That being said, if you raise the volume all the way up and listen carefully, you can kind of hear Vasquez's last line ("That's because you are.") but I can't tell if it's Warburton or not. It's definitely voiced, though.

If it's a fake, it's the best one I've seen yet. Has anyone tried to tweet at AdHoc or Gearbox for what they think?

welp this showed up on the same subreddit as the last one as well as the last other "Telltale leaks" account deleted like the last too but I

• edited March 2020

That footage right there looks way too "Source Filmmaker-like" to me. The characters move a bit too fluidly. When Rhys checks his hand, it looks like there's a bit of motion blur to it, kind of like what I've seen in other SFM videos.
    This is definitely not Teltlale.

booper posted: »

It's really suspect that the sound is fucked up; I'm assuming it's to stop us from being able to tell if Troy Baker and Patrick Warburton ar

Sign in to comment in this discussion.