The Video Game Awards 2022 - Less Runtime, More Ads

Well, starts at 7:30 PM EDT

Comments

• Telltale didn't Tweet anything fellas...

(Also me when I contribute to Dojo's notification spam.)

• This time, I'll watch the show. I don't expect much, I am more in for any game reveals or trailers.

• While I have a love-hate relationship with how this event focuses way more on the ads and game reveals than the Awards and people behind the games, I am hoping there's an appearance of Oxenfree II tonight.

• edited December 2022

As usual, I'll just watch the game trailers the next day since it's at like 2 AM for me.

Hoping we'll see Wolf once again. B)

• Apparently this one is suppose to be shorter and shouldn't be as ad focused, guess we'll see if that is true or its actually just same ads with less show.

AChicken posted: »

While I have a love-hate relationship with how this event focuses way more on the ads and game reveals than the Awards and people behind the games, I am hoping there's an appearance of Oxenfree II tonight.

• Hm. That sounds good... I just hope they stop doing the "back-to-back-to-back" awards in the span of 5 minutes between game trailers. That's always felt so disingenuous on the part of the winners.
    Or, heck, god forbid we get more awards announced, but during the pre-show.

Poogers555 posted: »

Apparently this one is suppose to be shorter and shouldn't be as ad focused, guess we'll see if that is true or its actually just same ads with less show.

• edited December 2022

1 Hour and 57 Minutes in and you hear it:

"Bigby, mate. You really thought you'd get rid of me, eh? Wellll, it ain't gonna be that easy to take a man out of his own bloody!"

He Will Rise Again.

• Amazing title btw.

• The Following Program May Contain Content some Viewers Find Offensive

I guess we're going to see a Hotel Mario sequel revealed.

• Oh hey a new Valiant Hearts! It's been a while since Ubisoft released a smaller "indie" styled game.

• I like how not even 10 minutes into the pre-show it already went to ads lol

• They're giving away awards during the pre show again wtf

Sifu deserved better

• Sifu isn't a fighting game, why was it being nominated for that category?

• edited December 2022

OH SHIT HELLBOY I'D RECOGNISE MIGNOLA'S ART ANYWHERE

• something something he fights people

At least it's still in the Action and Indie categories

lupinb0y posted: »

Sifu isn't a fighting game, why was it being nominated for that category?

• Hoping if Wolf 2 shows up it isnt pre-show like Expanse was

• VR Horzon game is interesting.

• Viewfinder OOOH love a game with good portals and perspective

• After Us looks like a third person version of games like Inside and Limbo, colour me intrigued!

• Replaced looks absolutely gorgeous! It looks like The Last Night on steroids.

• How dare they do Family Game in the pre-show.

(I get that the main show will probably have mature content, but still, this is still a pretty major category (for Nintendo lol)

also WOO KIRBY WON YES GIMME MORE PLS

• It's Geoff time

• Immediately goes into promoting the trailers lmao goddamnit

• lmao why is Al Pacino here

• They got THE DUNK??!? what

• Damn! They got that guy from the Dunkin' Donuts commercial to present an award. He must be real honored.

• edited December 2022

WHY? What does Al Pacino have to do with video games?

Get on with it already !

• This already off to a fantastic start lmaoooo

• I get that they're trying to legitimize video game acting by using a Hollywood name actor to present it but... but please why couldn't they choose someone who actually plays games and knows about this stuff.
    The connection here is so off

• I couldn't tell you a single thing about Plague Tables. But hey, Kratos in the house with that badass suit.

• Well earned from Christopher Judge at least. Dude played Kratos brilliantly.

• I'm just happy Plague Tales even got a nomination lol. Well earned by Christopher Judge!

• Al Pacino sitting in his home

Geoff arriving to tell him that he will present at the VGAs

• Pacino when he sees Geoff breaking in:

Poogers555 posted: »

Al Pacino sitting in his home Geoff arriving to tell him that he will present at the VGAs

• edited December 2022

I feel like Christopher Judge winning best performance was the one award I felt had really no other outcome, glad he won. Last year was really weird for this category as it felt way more character of the year rather than performance.

• edited December 2022

Al Pacino after arriving

Pacino when he sees Geoff breaking in:

• Good for them for not playing him off, this dude laying out his heart woo
    (I don't want to be mean, but it could've been better rehearsed maybe?)

• Can we wrap this up please. Like, how much longer are we going to let this go on

• lol they're playing the get off the stage music, hurry up Judge we need to see the Subway Fresh Indie Game!!!

• No one throws Kratos off stage! NO ONE!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.