What Are You Currently Watching?

1181920212224»

Comments

• I watched three movies this year: Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Deadpool and Wolverine, and Alien Romulus.

While I enjoyed these films, I wouldn't praise them to infinity. All of them were like 8/10. It feels like some blockbuster films are taking a safe route which isn't always a bad thing. But I wish they did something unique to be reminded for.

• edited September 7

Nick went from skinny to fat back to skinny. I'm glad he's finally done this. And hopefully he stays this way.

• The fact that we got Niko's redemption's arc before The Wolf Among Us 2.

What kind of world am I living in anymore?

Menofthe214 posted: »

Nick went from skinny to fat back to skinny. I'm glad he's finally done this. And hopefully he stays this way.

• He did it in a shorter timespan than the time of GTA 5 and GTA 6.

AronDracula posted: »

The fact that we got Niko's redemption's arc before The Wolf Among Us 2. What kind of world am I living in anymore?

• edited September 16

I watched Transformers One and I thought it was pretty damn great! Way more compelling, emotional and much funnier than the marketing would have you believe. The tragedy of the relationship between Orion Pax (Optimus Prime) and D-16 (Megatron) deserves nothing but praise. While I was initially hesitant with the "all star" cast, I do honestly think everyone does a great job with their performances, especially Chris Hemsworth and Brian Tyree Henry who are absolutely wonderful. Hemsworth really impressed me during moments where he damn near sounds exactly like Peter Cullen. I was also really surprised with Steve Buscemi as Starscream even if he isn't in the movie a whole lot. I had no idea it was him at all but he does a great job being a sniveling asshole. The action in the movie is great, really fun and cool looking without being incomprehensible to look at, even with a high number of characters on display.

Obviously, not all the humour in the movie hit me, but there were some legitimately great jokes that had me laughing pretty hard. Bumblebee borders on being incredibly annoying for me since he rarely shuts up, which is also kind of a funny in itself considering the live action movies go out of their way to ensure he never speaks. Unfortunately the soundtrack also isn't super memorable, I don't think they even used the Transformers theme anywhere in the movie which was surprising. There's also a couple moments that I think could have been improved to further push the themes and character moments in the story, but they're pretty spoilery so I'll just leave it at that.

Overall I thought it was great. In my opinion it's the best storytelling I've seen in any of the Transformers movie, even if the bar isn't exactly high in that regard, and the characters are especially great. It's really fun, has a lot of heart, and surprisingly emotional. This might be one of my favourite movies of the year so far!

• I watched Silence of the Lambs for the very first time.

While I didn't understand everything about it, I had a helluva time with it and I am already crushed on Jodie Foster's character. A true gem.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.