They should make telltale texas hold em 2

I love the concept.. and well I love texas hold em.. The key to there being a next game is.. the ability to save your highest score..or highest stack..that would add to the replayability(is that a word?) anyway if you had about 10 characters in the second game.. the ability to play tournaments.. ability to play limit and no limit.. this would turn a really fun game into something you'd play quite often..hey better than solitaire.. If you mix the characters great voice acting and great writing with a game that has a lot of replay value..then you got a winning formuka for the "casual gamer" that telltale seems interested in.. What do you think?

Comments

• edited March 2006
    I agree with you one hundred percent on what TTHE is missing.

It may be a while before you see Telltale Texas Hold Em 2 but we are brainstorming similar concepts

Dudebrough, Shakey, Krinkle and Weinhead shall return
  • edited March 2006
    Thanks for the reply Dan.. Looing forward to those developments :)
  • edited March 2006
    I love the game too - but wouldn't it be a nice idea to be able to play with friends over the net? Maybe this is an option you can consider in the second edition.
    Did not find any game where you can invite your friends to play some poker without having to pay some extra fee.

This would not replace a face to face poker once a month - but it would be nice training... :)
  • edited March 2006
    Maybe a new card game? Like Hearts? I used to have this old Win98 Hearts game. It had animated characters that had some dialog, but no voice, just text. It was actually a fun game.

Or how about a Telltale Monopoly game? I still have my old Westwood Studios Monopoly game. It was fun, back in the day, to log into their server using the WCHAT program, and play with people online. I think online games like this, would build a great community for Telltale.
  • edited March 2006
    I Like those ideas Wile E.. they'd have to get the rights though wouldn't they? a Telltale Clue game I would love.. It was dudebrough in the basement with his bong! :D
  • edited March 2006
    I once had a dream about a sequel. It still had Ted and Boris, but it also had some crazy retired military general and the ghost of one of Grandma Shakey's husbands.
  • edited April 2006
    Personally I would not like to see a sequel. There are plenty of casual game makers out there, we certainly do not need another one of those.
    I would much rather have Telltale focus on adventure games and games with great stories (and not make them really easy to please very casual gamers like they sort of seem to be doing at the moment).
  • edited November 2006
    Would it be that hard to add a few characters? i mean a few new faces, change the level of their dificulty and change around the dialog a little. Seems like it wouldnt be that hard.

I chose this game over others because in the demo i liked the dialog and the jokes, i want to write em down and remember when i play real cards.
  • edited December 2006
    More players. More cash and such would be nice features to have :) also maybe skill levels or auto learning A.I the more you play the better they get or so..
  • edited May 2007
    I love Telltale Texas Holdem too , and it would be nice to add a few new characters like maybe Sam and Max XD or let you play other versions of poker ...
  • edited May 2007
    Brilliant!!! Telltale Texas Holdem: Sam & Max Edition! :D
  • edited May 2007
    Now that would be cool! Imagine Max when he lose a game :)
  • edited May 2007
    That could be a very, very dangerous situation. :(
  • edited May 2007
    I'd say upgrade it, and I'll buy it. It's just too simple right now. No high scores even! I've tried other similar poker games that offer a even cheaper price than this, which gives a lot more for the money.

A upgrade or a new sequel? What would a sequel have to offer, that a upgrade wouldn't have?
  • RyanRyan Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    Unlockable characters and locations, such as General Israel Putnam and the creepy cellar from the movie Frailty, starring and directed by Bill Paxton.
  • edited June 2009
    Yes, they should make a second...With Sam, max, Wallace (and maybe Gromit), Strong Bad, and Bone as playable characters...and of course, the original crew
  • edited June 2009
    First of all, I'd rather it not be called Telltale Texas Hold'em 2. That makes it sound too sequel-ish.

Second, there should be a character list you could choose from (personally, I don't care at all for Harry Weinhead).
  • edited June 2009
    Yes, they should make a second...With Sam, max, Wallace (and maybe Gromit), Strong Bad, and Bone as playable characters...and of course, the original crew
    I like this idea. I also like the idea that another card game be the focus (Blackjack, Hearts, something else)

Incorporating both ideas, why not a menu with a small selection of games, say three or four different card games? Add to that a host of TTG's characters (perhaps, excluding the CSI squad) that you may choose to play against. There is a large primary and supporting cast to choose from and only so many seats to fill around the table. You could get some interesting card game banter by mixing and matching characters.

I especially like an idea of a Bridge tournament with the option to choose a partner from the cast of TTG characters. I envision each character having his own way of hinting at the cards he's holding.

P.S. It just occurred to me that such a game could be used in marketing/advertising. You must realize that someone might be purchasing only one game or series from TT. Sure, they see the other games being offered, yet aren't sold on the game's promotion page alone.

This game would allow the player to sample all of TT's characters for one low price. I can see a Nick Park fan only here to purchase W&G games, see a card game, which includes the characters of Wallace and Gromit as players and purchase it too. Then, he gets introduced to the other TT worlds by selecting their characters to challenge in a card game. He might then be compelled to try a different game, like Bone or Sam and Max based on his introduction.
  • edited June 2009
    I don't know if someone's already suggested this or not.
    It would be really awesome if they could incorporate connections over WiFi so that you could play with other players from across the globe.
  • edited June 2009
    Well, it would seem that TellTale are considering it. I got my free copy of the original after doing the survey, but I'd like to see a second one! Perhaps with crossovers of characters (as mentioned above).

One thing I noticed in the original that I'd like to see in a new one is more interaction between the characters. They didn't really talk to each other much. More talking would be nice.

Customizable computer AI would be nice, as well as multiplayer support (offline, and maybe online too).

What would be really awesome is if you had a commentator like the televised poker games. That would be epic!!!!
  • SkySky
    edited June 2009
    A sequle would be good. I'd love to see reacuring characters from the Tell Tale universe as well as online play (real money maybe... then again, I'd be a regular customers at the cleaners if that was the case).
  • edited June 2009
    Even if you don't make a sequel, can you get hold of the original voice actors? Adding a few choice new dialog bits every month or so would be fun. Like a downloadable patch, I guess...

I've been playing awhile so it's mostly re-runs for me now - although there's still a new one popping out every once in a while!
  • edited June 2009
    chemistx2 wrote: »
    Even if you don't make a sequel, can you get hold of the original voice actors? Adding a few choice new dialog bits every month or so would be fun. Like a downloadable patch, I guess...

I've been playing awhile so it's mostly re-runs for me now - although there's still a new one popping out every once in a while!

I believe all the voice actors were the programmers themselves. The game was supposed to be an internal tech demo, but it was so awesome they released it as a game to the public.
  • edited July 2009
    imagine playing Telltale Texas Holdem with Superball! :D
  • edited July 2009
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    imagine playing Telltale Texas Holdem with Superball! :D

Sam: I think you're bluffing.
    Superball: Negative sir. I never bluff.
  • edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    what can this mean, is it because of tth2 or something else
  • edited August 2010
    I can see cards in the hands of all the characters, definitely looks like a new Texas hold'em game using popular characters from various games notably Tycho, Max, Heavy and Strong bad.

If this is correct I hope it includes great facial animations and original voice overs. You wouldn't want a heavy character that doesn't use the voice actor from TF2.
  • edited August 2010
    I think Telltale Texas Hold'em 2 would be a silly. I mean, what, it's the same game as the first Hold'em, just with a new set of characters and voices? What's the point? If they're going to do that, they might as well just make a character pack or something for the first one.
  • edited August 2010
    Bwahahaha this is gonna be so bloody epic if this is the game :D I can just picture heavy insulting Max or strong you. HEAVY COME FOR YOU!
  • edited August 2010
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Bwahahaha this is gonna be so bloody epic if this is the game :D I can just picture heavy insulting Max or strong you. HEAVY COME FOR YOU!

That is, of course, assuming that that's what the crossover game turns out to be.
  • edited August 2010
    It could also be an announcement that the original Telltale Texas Hold'Em is coming to other home consoles, and each of those characters is an exclusive character based on the console. Like, the Heavy would be on the 360 version, Max would be on the PS3 version, and Strong Bad on the Wii version.
  • edited August 2010
    Yawn.

Why do we need the exact same game with new character models?

It's not like Texas Hold-em has changed.
  • edited August 2010
    It could also be an announcement that the original Telltale Texas Hold'Em is coming to other home consoles, and each of those characters is an exclusive character based on the console. Like, the Heavy would be on the 360 version, Max would be on the PS3 version, and Strong Bad on the Wii version.

But then that wouldnt be that "these guys would get together" as the trailer says.
  • edited August 2010
    It doesn't say anywhere that this is another Texas Hold'em game and quite frankly I don't think it will be. As you said, it'd be silly to make a sequel with only different characters.

If this was a Super Smash Bros game with Telltale characters though, it'd be epic!
  • edited August 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    If this was a Super Smash Bros game with Telltale characters though, it'd be epic!

Hah. I said that on my Twitter the other day. Though games by Telltale have usually not been violent and have been heavy on comedy and storytelling (and puzzles) so a SSB game would be out of character for them...
  • edited August 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    It doesn't say anywhere that this is another Texas Hold'em game and quite frankly I don't think it will be. As you said, it'd be silly to make a sequel with only different characters.

And yet, they're making 2 full episodic series based on Jurassic Park AND Back to the Future, so I doubt they would have the time or resources to throw a THIRD episodic series in development.
  • edited August 2010
    It's coming out. see article.
  • edited September 2010
    Well turns out there is a new poker game. Happy now?
  • edited September 2010
    Well, that was a bit of a surprise...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.