Please Post Your Review of Season 1 on Amazon

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Same as what I've seen on amazon
  • edited August 2007
    So it was the fly-swater Max and not Max with a Bat?
  • edited August 2007
    Sorry, I thought the amazon one updated. It's the bat
  • edited August 2007
    Okay, so it's not a review, but I made a "So you'd like to" guide for the Freelance Police, based heavily on the information provided on the Summer of Sam & Max site as well as Wikipedia.

Give me good ratings, please.
  • edited August 2007
    Shows how people actually read what books are about before recommending them:
    http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-amp-Reading-List/lm/R3ASRE81R1ID6U/ref=cm_lmt_srch_f_1_rsrsrs0/002-4828486-4709626

Scroll down to #8
  • edited August 2007
    brilliant find chris

they probably saw the handcuffs on the front though and just assumed
  • edited August 2007
    Was that linked to my guide in the area where they list "related" guides other people have made? Because that's hillarious!:D
  • edited August 2007
    From your guide, scroll down until you see "More Listmania!" on the right...
    Hmm, imagine if someone were to take the fact that these guides are "related" as an indication of what the Sam & Max comics are about!:D
  • edited August 2007
    Some of the names on that S&M list would make great alternitive titles to the sketchbook
    Sir! More Sir! the Joy of S&M
    S&M: The Last Taboo
    S&M 101: A Realistic Introduction

lol
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    It's too bad that those sketchbooks are listed on Amazon at $99!!!! Someone's being a massive ripoff artist.
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    It's too bad that those sketchbooks are listed on Amazon at $99!!!! Someone's being a massive ripoff artist.

Yeah, that's been there for a while. I don't think anyone's stupid enough to buy it! :D
  • edited August 2007
    Sketchbook, as in singular. "The Effigy Mound" isn't even on Amazon yet, and if you search for it, you get a bunch of books about national monuments in the northern Mississippi River area.
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah, that's been there for a while. I don't think anyone's stupid enough to buy it! :D

You mean I could have gotten it cheaper?! &#$@~!
  • edited August 2007

Yeah, and I'm sure he didn't get the idea from anywhere on this site, especially not the store page or this sentence:
    "You'll be kicking yourself when it starts going for a zillion dollars on eBay!"
    Don't you just love sarcasm?
  • edited August 2007
    It's very naive of you all to assume that people browsing S&M products are stumbling on Sam and Max, in that order. I always knew there was something funny about these forums. ;)
  • edited August 2007
    Stranger things have happened in the world, you know.
  • edited August 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Stranger things have happened in the world, you know.

Like Bush's election and subsequent reelection.
  • edited August 2007
    I don't think you quite catch my drift. I meant perhaps the 'also viewed' lists aren't due to S&M customers clicking Sam and Max, but rather the other way round.
  • edited August 2007
    I don't think you quite catch my drift. I meant perhaps the 'also viewed' lists aren't due to S&M customers clicking Sam and Max, but rather the other way round.

Actually, it's a 'similar products list.' Amazon makes the flawed logical leap because of the sketchbook's title (The Age of S&M: A Sam & Max Sketchbook).
    edited August 2007
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    "You'll be kicking yourself when it starts going for a zillion dollars on eBay!"
    Don't you just love sarcasm?

The $99 sketchbook's been on Amazon since before we started running out of Age of S&M sketchbooks and put up that notice, though. It's just been a ripoff scammer guy from day one, with no motivation on our part (sarcastic or no). :(
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Great reviews so far. :)

Has anyone seen the game in a store? We keep going to Best Buy with the camera but it's not there yet.

I saw it in Best Buy this past Saturday. I then tried unsuccessfully to get my cousin to buy it... maybe some day :)

But hey, Emily, be glad you don't see it when you go into BB. That means it is selling faster than the PS3!
  • edited August 2007
    Derwin wrote: »
    I saw it in Best Buy this past Saturday. I then tried unsuccessfully to get my cousin to buy it... maybe some day :)

But hey, Emily, be glad you don't see it when you go into BB. That means it is selling faster than the PS3!

Anything will sell faster than the PS3. Even Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.
  • edited August 2007
    Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.
    Yeah, that was one awsome game :)
  • edited August 2007
    Wow, I didn't know they still made games like that. I don't know what's more surprising: that it ranks 107 of 3,228 (probably higher is better, but even then...) or that someone actually published it.
  • edited August 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    Wow, I didn't know they still made games like that. I don't know what's more surprising: that it ranks 107 of 3,228 (probably higher is better, but even then...) or that someone actually published it.

The reason it has such a bloomin' high ranking is because people want to check out the worst game ever made. :D
  • edited August 2007
    There is that. I almost feel inclined to pirate it. Almost.
    edited August 2007
    I bought a copy of Sam & Max Season One at Fry's this weekend! The guy who checked my receipt on the way out the door said "hey, that's a good game!" as he saw it in my bag. Woo!
  • edited August 2007
    Nice! Does this mean we're going to see pictures on the blog soon?
  • edited August 2007
    I bought a copy of Sam & Max Season One at Fry's this weekend! The guy who checked my receipt on the way out the door said "hey, that's a good game!" as he saw it in my bag. Woo!

No, he meant the other game in your bag. :p
  • edited August 2007

its not an english games shop like the evil GAME where you get looked down upon by the staff if you don't buy an fps or a driving game
  • edited August 2007
    Frys is a monster electronics retailer actually, so there's a good chance you could be walking out with a game, a refrigerator, a pack of 23-ohm resistors, and an ipod.
  • edited August 2007
    like currys or comet in the uk then
  • edited August 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Frys is a monster electronics retailer actually, so there's a good chance you could be walking out with a game, a refrigerator, a pack of 23-ohm resistors, and an ipod.

That sounds eeriely too much like the Curcit City near my house.
  • edited August 2007
    patters wrote: »
    like currys or comet in the uk then

Except probably better.
  • edited August 2007
    Except probably better.

yea there is that
    well at least it isn't argos and the laminated book of dreams
  • edited August 2007
    patters wrote: »
    yea there is that
    well at least it isn't argos and the laminated book of dreams

I still pick up every new catolouge they bring out, even though I never use it. :D
  • edited August 2007
    I still pick up every new catolouge they bring out, even though I never use it. :D

booster for the yellow pages
    edited August 2007

Burn. Except that I only bought one game. So, no, no burn at all.
  • edited August 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    That sounds eeriely too much like the Curcit City near my house.

I think you could only buy 75% of those things at circuit city though. It's rare to find a place that sells consumer electronics and electronic components. Radio shack only barely counts anymore.
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    I had lived in Calfornia for about 5 years before I ever decided to go into Frys. It's a huge place. I was blown away by their PC Game selection (not just adventures but they had a large selection in comparison to other stores). Like Doug said, they have this whole section with.... things... little circuity-things on boards and things with wires and contraptions that I wouldn't know what to do with (as well as everything else he mentioned, if not more). :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.