Update Released

From Steam:
Fixes
Render Layer Issues on NVidia 400 Series Video Cards – Fixes the graphics bug that blocked players at the first snowmobile puzzle.
Text Not Displaying on Non-English OS: Fixes issue that caused all in-game text to disappear if the game was running on an OS set to any language but English.

Rules Updates
Two puzzles— Maw of Madness and Hydraulic Headache – had additional rules text added that clarifies the requirements of the puzzles.

Puzzle Updates

Room Key Confusion: In the original version, the “NINE” text was much bigger and vertically-oriented. In this updated version it appears smaller, and is horizontal. The essence of the puzzle is still the same, but the changes make it more straightforward to figure out.
Cut Your Losses: In the original version, the goal was to draw a line connecting all the players that intersected with every pane of glass. In the updated version, the goal is identical to the first football puzzle: Draw a line connecting all the players that avoids every pane of glass.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Great, a software update message description that spoils puzzles! :mad:

Edit: I'm glad they fixed those problems, though. Some of them were quite annoying.
  • edited November 2010
    Really they made the NINE puzzle easier. I figured that one out instantly.
  • edited November 2010
    So is this Steam only or do we TTG versions have it too?

Not that I had the issues listed, even with a Dutch set OS.
  • edited November 2010
    So is this Steam only or do we TTG versions have it too?
    I just downloaded the Telltale version again and it’s still v1.0.0.25, so Steam-only as yet. :(

That makes me wish Telltale and VALVe let us register our Telltale keys on Steam so we would get automatic updates.
  • edited November 2010
    I'd be fine with 100% Steam integration if we could still get the DVDs somehow. :)
  • edited November 2010
    I'd be fine with 100% Steam integration if we could still get the DVDs somehow.
    Buying directly from Telltale should still give you that benefit of course.
    A plus for Telltale would be that we would be downloading through Steam, not stressing Telltale’s bandwidth. On the other hand, they had to share the revenue of course... Oh, well, hard decision.

But still, updating one version but not the other is kind of lame. :(
  • jello wrote: »
    Buying directly from Telltale should still give you that benefit of course.
    A plus for Telltale would be that we would be downloading through Steam, not stressing Telltale’s bandwidth. On the other hand, they had to share the revenue of course... Oh, well, hard decision.

But still, updating one version but not the other is kind of lame. :(

Great, the problem I had isn't in the list of fixes. I just hope it's associated...
  • edited December 2010
    I have it for steam and the update seems not really available yet (for mac at least)..
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Telltale direct update is coming soon. It's down in QA being beaten up, but whenever it makes it out alive, we'll erlease it.
  • edited December 2010
    Jake, could you point the QA team to this thread of mine:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20796
    Two bugs I've found after the Steam version was patched.
  • edited December 2010
    I'd be fine with 100% Steam integration
    Hell no.

Talking 'bout that; Waiting for LR SE here ;).
  • edited December 2010
    Hell no.

Talking 'bout that; Waiting for LR SE here ;).

There's no real difference between Steam's DRM and Securom's online activation, fyi.
  • edited December 2010
    Enough for me to not use Steam, but use TTG's service instead...
  • edited December 2010
    I seriously don't get why people hate Steam. It's magic.
  • I seriously don't get why people hate Steam. It's magic.

Magic until you realise that they could click their fingers and whisk your account away at will. There's a reason they sell subscriptions rather than licenses and use the term 'pre-purchase' rather than pre-order.
  • edited December 2010
    Magic until you realise that they could click their fingers and whisk your account away at will. There's a reason they sell subscriptions rather than licenses and use the term 'pre-purchase' rather than pre-order.

Any other digital retailer can do the same, and they won't without good reason.
  • Any other digital retailer can do the same, and they won't without good reason.

True, but I can't think of another retailer that sells subscriptions rather than licences.
  • edited December 2010
    True, but I can't think of another retailer that sells subscriptions rather than licences.

On-Live
    Gametap
  • der_ketzer wrote: »
    On-Live
    Gametap
    Neither of those are retailers per-se.

On live is cloud gaming, the subscription is to their service (the computers and things they provide). GameTap is a rental service and you subscribe to their service.

Neither of those are comparable to Steam really.

Steam sells you a single payment lifetime subscription as if it was a license. The difference being what rights you have.

Most Steam users are under the impression they own the games they buy. ;)

Anyway, enough derailing of the thread. Where's the update?
  • edited December 2010
    I'm curious, this update now is avaible only for Steam users? It hasn't been released for who bought the game in the TT shop?
  • As far as everyone can tell, yes.
  • edited December 2010
    Looks like there's a new installer on the MyTelltale page. It's 50MB smaller and is being discussed here:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=414106#post414106
  • edited December 2010
    Another Update! WOW! Now only Earl Boen on TOMI remains...! ;)
    Even though I think that a perfect working game from day 0 is better, I appreciate the work of TT doing patches.
    But why don't give the announcement of the 2 patches on the main blog page?
    ALANNNN.......!!!!!!! :D
  • edited December 2010
    Another Update! WOW!
    It's not another update. It's the same update.

Last week Telltale only posted the update for Steam users. They finally posted the update for Telltale customers yesterday.
  • edited December 2010
    Sorry, I meant it's the second game updated (the first is Poker Night at the Inventory)! ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Most Steam users are under the impression they own the games they buy. ;)
    You don't own anything even if you buy Retail/ not on steam. Have you ever read an EULA?

Every form of digital distribution only works as long as the service you bought from is still alive (obvious P0rtal reference is obvious). Even your TTG_purchase will be useless once they should have to close unless you can always keep them installed. (beware of harddrive-crashes)
  • der_ketzer wrote: »
    You don't own anything even if you buy Retail/ not on steam. Have you ever read an EULA?

I was trying to highlight the difference between a license and a subscription. :P
    Every form of digital distribution only works as long as the service you bought from is still alive (obvious P0rtal reference is obvious). Even your TTG_purchase will be useless once they should have to close unless you can always keep them installed. (beware of harddrive-crashes)

This is why I always get my bonus discs and got them to send me retail copy of W&G instead of the bonus disc. I normally only buy DRM free things and make an exception for Telltale because of the discs.
  • edited December 2010
    I would have been more hesistant to buy TTG games too if there wasn't a disc in the deal.
  • edited December 2010
    Im confused is the update available here or only steam?
  • prizna wrote: »
    Im confused is the update available here or only steam?

It's here too now. Telltale have just neglected to make an official announcement about it.
  • edited December 2010
    So does that mean I need to uninstall my current one, downoad and install the new one?
  • edited December 2010
    If you don't have any problems with your current version and are happy with the instructions for the puzzles, you don't have to do a thing. This update just fixes a few problems with some graphics cards, and improves the puzzle instructions in a few places.
  • edited December 2010
    ok kool, thanks
  • edited December 2010
    I just downloaded the new version, and you know what? Now I’m missing text on buttons [Yes and No after clicking Quit, e.g.] like it used to be with Poker Night until it got patched. -_-
  • edited December 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »

You should still have the option of activating the games manually by using the keys you're given when you buy them, and even if that doesn't work, there will be people who will make them work, legally or not, so the masses can continue to enjoy them.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.