PC System Requirements

edited May 2012 in The Walking Dead
I've seen this asked a couple of times (once by me) but have not seen a response. I've searched the net but only found something on gamedebate.com - which is not always the most accurate. I apologize in advance if this info is somewhere obvious, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

What are the PC system requirements for this game?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Im also interested, since i have a low performance pc. A polite way of saying it's an old piece of crap.

But i could run Jurassic Park without a problem.

The fact that the game is gonna be available for iOS could hint that you don't need anything fancy to run it, but i don't know, i don't own a tablet i just have the idea they don't pack too much gaming hardware.

But it could be wishfull thinking from my part, trying to belive my pc is still better than a phone.
    The poor thing.

Im sorry i called you an old piece of crap. Let's not fight again.
    *kisses the monitor*
  • edited March 2012
    Ignatius wrote: »
    Im sorry i called an old piece of crap. Let's not fight again.
    *kisses the monitor*

lmao

I can handle the other TellTale games, too, so I'm hoping TWD will be no exception.
  • edited March 2012
    My machine is by no means poop, but to get 30fps or higher on more recent telltale games I have to run everything pretty low. Poker Night I run windowed with no shadows or AA, and that's just a poker game. I can run the Arkham games no problem at near full settings. I hope they done more optimising for Walking Dead so it's more smoothly running than Jurassic Park.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2012
    IIRC, Poker Night had unusually high system requirements because it tried to integrate two different graphic engines (the Tycho character worked pretty different from the other ones). But don't quote me on that!
  • edited March 2012
    Im gonna guess if you can handle jurrasic park you should be fine by that gameplay footage i seen it looks like they are using the same if not similar game engine which is easy on the rigs.Kinda why i like telltale games they dont seem to aim at the highend gaming rigs like the big big games do.
  • edited March 2012
    The only difference with the other Telltale games it's the cell shading (except Poker night as said Vainamoinen), I think, so the system requirements will be very similar to JP, surely.

May be slightly higher.
  • crofaelcrofael Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012
    The PC system requirements for The Walking Dead are identical to the ones for Jurassic Park.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited March 2012
    crofael wrote: »
    The PC system requirements for The Walking Dead are identical to the ones for Jurassic Park.
    Which means:

Windows Operating system: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
    Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
    Memory: 3 GB RAM
    Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM
    Direct X 9.0c
    Audio card required
  • edited March 2012
    And those are the recommended requirements.
    I've got only 1 GB and Jurassic Park runs perfectly. Still, this time it could be different, we'll see.
  • edited March 2012
    Well, I can run Mass Effect 3 very nicely although by no means maxed out, so I'm hoping TWD will be good to go; although, I have seen some games with less demanding graphics but have high sys req. I guess that's what AAA games are good for, huh? Let's hope for scalability.

It is kinda interesting that we're a month (maybe?) away from release date and have not seen anything official on the requirements.
  • harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012
    crash665 wrote: »
    Well, I can run Mass Effect 3 very nicely although by no means maxed out, so I'm hoping TWD will be good to go; although, I have seen some games with less demanding graphics but have high sys req. I guess that's what AAA games are good for, huh? Let's hope for scalability.

It is kinda interesting that we're a month (maybe?) away from release date and have not seen anything official on the requirements.

Oh hey, what's this over here?

Hopefully that helps!
  • edited March 2012
    Yep. I checked the forums before watching Q&A 2. Oops. I guess that answers that!

Pre-order is on its way!
  • edited March 2012
    crash665 wrote: »

Well since its a telltale game id say its pretty close if not exactly the same specs as most their games they use the same game engine for most their games their games are adventure games so donbt come in thinking its gonna be in par with the behemoth games like mass effect series if you can run me3 chances are you will run this game smooth as butter.
  • edited March 2012
    so i've never done anything like this , ima huge walking dead fan and want the game so i have windows 7 is that fine ? do i need to download anything specific or do i just buy the game and im done ? and do you guys know how many episodes there are ? i know each episode is 5 bucks.
    edited March 2012
    Welcome to the forums, RosaReynoso! ;)

All right, maybe you could read divisonten's fantastic general Telltale FAQ first, this might answer the fundamental question "What does Telltale do?" up front! I'll try and answer your more concrete questions directly nonetheless. ;)
    1. Windows 7 is of course OK, but you will need to check the system requirements also for this to work!
    2. When you buy TWD over here at the Telltale Store, you buy the entire Season for PC/Mac at once (the five bucks per episode thing is only for consoles).
    3. Somewhen on release day in April (NOT AT MIDNIGHT ;) ), a download link will appear on your "my games" page (icon upper right, joystick symbol). From there, you can download the installer, which also includes the first episode. You install the game, log in once with your forum account data and you're set to play immediately (at least that's how it worked in previous games).
    4. As soon as another episode releases, current info implies that you can download these from within the game (previous Telltale episodes were downloaded and installed separately). I'd assume that the episodes will release roughly monthly, but there is no definite timeline and has never been for previous games. Release dates for specific episodes - when they're given at all - are usually revealed only days before the actual release.
    5. The Walking Dead game will consist of five episodes.
  • edited March 2012
    okay that cleared up ALOT , thank you but do you know how much the entire game would cost , i would just pay with a credit card right ? and do you know anything specific i have to do to the system requirements ? thank you sooooooooo much , this is so helpfull. :)
    edited March 2012
    okay that cleared up ALOT , thank you but do you know how much the entire game would cost , i would just pay with a credit card right ? and do you know anything specific i have to do to the system requirements ? thank you sooooooooo much , this is so helpfull. :)
    The entire game is currently on sale for $22.49 (see banner currently at the top of this page). The price should go up to $24.99 once the pre-order period is over (when the game is released in April).

I posted the system requirements above. Here they are again:

Direct X 9.0c
    Audio card required

If you're not sure whether your computer meets the requirements, do a dxdiag to find out.

DjNDB to the rescue:
    DjNDB wrote: »
    dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Open the file and press Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C to copy the contents, and paste them in a reply by pressing CTRL-V.
    Sometimes the Forums spam filter catches long posts like this. Don't worry, we can still see them and make them visible.
  • edited March 2012
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    The entire game is currently on sale for $22.49 (see banner currently at the top of this page). The price should go up to $24.99 once the pre-order period is over (when the game is released in April).

I posted the system requirements above. Here they are again:

Direct X 9.0c
    Audio card required

If you're not sure whether your computer meets the requirements, do a dxdiag to find out.

DjNDB to the rescue:

If there are the same Jurassic Park requirements, the MINIMUM are as follows:

•Processor: 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
    •Memory: 2 GB RAM
    •Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
    •Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 256 MB RAM
    •DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
    •Sound: Direct X 8.1 sound device

Maybe you said the RECOMMENDED. ;)
  • edited March 2012
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    Which means:

Direct X 9.0c
    Audio card required

I think my notebook will be able to play it!
    edited March 2012
    The_Ripper wrote: »

I got the requirements from the game's page in the Telltale Store.
    They are indeed different from the ones posted on the game's home page.
    Odd...
  • edited March 2012

System Information
    Time of this report: 3/29/2012, 22:11:06
    Machine name: NICAURI-HP
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: s5743w
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/18/11 07:40:53 Ver: 6.05
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3840MB RAM
    Page File: 1923MB used, 5753MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4200
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9710)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9710&SUBSYS_2AB1103C&REV_00
    Display Memory: 1916 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 252 MB
    Shared Memory: 1663 MB
  • edited March 2012
    so here it is , (please dont hack me or whatever) and so after you have this info what does it do ? and you guys are LIFESAVERS.
    edited March 2012
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4200
    Dedicated Memory: 252 MB

Looks fine to me. You're above the optimum in most respects, only the graphics card is at the minimum. Maybe the community could still chime in concerning notebook compatibility of Telltale's games, because I have NO experience in that respect.
  • edited March 2012
    oh thank goodness !!! you guys are really awesome . can't thank you guys enough really.
  • edited March 2012
    any chance this or any of your other games will be available on android. because i would love to play this on my motorola xoom tablet?
  • crofaelcrofael Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Astro Boy wrote: »
    any chance this or any of your other games will be available on android. because i would love to play this on my motorola xoom tablet?

We currently have no plans to do releases on Android. The main reason has to do with hardware. iOS devices all have a similar profile: there's an easily identifiable minimum amount of memory, CPU and GPU power that we can target from an engine standpoint.

Now think about Android. How many different Android devices from how many different manufacturers are available? In the hundreds. And for the most part, they are all extremely disparate in their hardware specifications. Between this device fragmentation and the fact that most Android devices on the market are not all that great for gaming, we'd rather focus on making our engine better on the platforms we already do support.

All that being said, I'm a programmer and so I'm not up to speed on what our sales and marketing plans are for the future, so it's entirely possible that at some point we'll start putting our games on Android. But in the meantime I'm afraid it's not in the cards.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :/
  • edited April 2012

System Information
    Time of this report: 4/6/2012, 03:10:36
    Machine name: CEREBRO
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330)
    Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)
    System Manufacturer: LENOVO
    System Model: 4328
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.60.4240CN05WW(V2.04)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 1992MB RAM
    Page File: 2096MB used, 1886MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
    DxDiag Previously: Crashed in Direct3D (stage 2). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information

Display Devices
    Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Manufacturer:
    Chip type:
    DAC type:
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_397517AA&REV_09
    Display Memory:
    Dedicated Memory: n/a
    edited April 2012
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    [highlight]Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Display Memory:
    Dedicated Memory: n/a[/highlight]

We HAVE to find a better way. These dxdiag thingies are MUCH too long.

peiro, that looks like on-board graphics to me and you would need a proper ATI/Nvidia graphics card to run the game, SORRY!!
  • edited April 2012
    We HAVE to find a better way. These dxdiag thingies are MUCH too long.

peiro, that looks like on-board graphics to me and you would need a proper ATI/Nvidia graphics card to run the game, SORRY!!

Damn! What if I run the game with graphics at the lowest?

Currently Im playing Dragon Ball Online with Graphics at max and it works perfectly.

DBO requires an Geforce 6200 o X800.

Are you sure it won t work?
    edited April 2012
    Unfortunately, very much so. A proper graphics card was always among the most elemental requirements for Telltale's games. :(
  • edited April 2012
    What about mine?

Property Value
    JOÃOGABRIEL-PC (Acer Aspire 4736Z)
    Summary
    Manufacturer Acer
    Model Aspire 4736Z
    Version V2.05A
    Serial Number Base Board Serial Number
    Bridge
    North Bridge Intel GL40 Revision 09
    South Bridge Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M) Revision 03
    CPU
    Name Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz
    Cpu Socket Socket P (478)
    Max CPU Speed 2200 MHz
    Memory Summary Wrong values reported by BIOS
    Memory Type DDR2
    Installed Memory 4096 MBytes
    Available Memory 4026 MBytes
    Channels Dual
    Maximum Capacity 8192 MBytes
    Maximum Memory Module Size 2048 MBytes
    Memory Slots 2

Property Value
    JOÃOGABRIEL-PC (Acer Aspire 4736Z)
    Video Adapter Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Video Processor Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Adapter DAC Type Internal
    PCI ID 0x8086 / 0x2A42 - Intel Corporation / Mobile Integrated Graphics Controller
  • edited April 2012
    What about mine?

Sorry, no, that system wouldn't meet the minimum requirements for the game. It might run, but it probably wouldn't run well enough to be playable.
  • edited April 2012
    My gosh...

Guys, all we need to know is:

- CPU
    - System Memory
    - Video Card model and memory

Please, don't paste ALL the info from your system over here.

Now, John:

Seems that your video card is integrated. I think that this kind of video card is not supported. Sorry. :(
  • edited April 2012
    Sorry, no, that system wouldn't meet the minimum requirements for the game. It might run, but it probably wouldn't run well enough to be playable.

Oh my!
    Bad news :S

Thanks for answering me.
  • edited April 2012
    Now, John:

Seems that your video card is integrated. I think that this kind of video card is not supported. Sorry. :(

Huuuum :´(

I need to solve it soon!!!!

why isn't there USB video cards?? hahahahah
  • SegSeg
    edited April 2012

DxDiag Previously: Crashed in Direct3D (stage 2).
    This and the lack of properly filled out info for the graphics card makes me a bit concerned that there's a configuration issue.

Can you give me the make and model of the computer? I tried to search for it myself using this information, but couldn't find it.
  • edited April 2012
    I love the way Telltale handles system specs. :) Will be running TWD in full detail for sure! :D
  • edited April 2012
    My 3 gtx 570's will kill this game, if only it had 3D support now that would be sick!
  • edited April 2012
    crofael wrote: »

Steam now says something completly different.
  • edited April 2012

No no he didn't.
    I bought it and i cannot play it. I want my money back. :(
This discussion has been closed.