PC System Requirements

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I bought the walking dead game before the system requirements came out. Turns out my computer is not good enough. Surprising because Telltale normally makes fairly low power games. :(:(:(
  • edited April 2012
    zackzeeper wrote: »
    No no he didn't.
    I bought it and i cannot play it. I want my money back. :(

What's your specs?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    No no he didn't.
    I bought it and i cannot play it. I want my money back. :(

Then e-mail support please instead of multiple posts with the same topic. The game's not even released, I'm sure a refund will not be that much of a problem.
  • edited April 2012
    Before asking my question I'd like to state that I did look through the FAQ's and looked at gameplay footage and I know that this is NOT going to be a shooter.

However the main question I have that sets me back from pre-ordering it right now is "Is the gameplay going to be primarily point and click?"

I've played a handful of tall tale games in the past and love zombies (George A. Romero is my hero), but a point and click adventure zombie game makes me a bit weary and I will most likely just wait for it to come out or play a demo rather than throw my money at you.
  • edited April 2012
    NecroGi wrote: »
    Before asking my question I'd like to state that I did look through the FAQ's and looked at gameplay footage and I know that this is NOT going to be a shooter.

However the main question I have that sets me back from pre-ordering it right now is "Is the gameplay going to be primarily point and click?"

I've played a handful of tall tale games in the past and love zombies (George A. Romero is my hero), but a point and click adventure zombie game makes me a bit weary and I will most likely just wait for it to come out or play a demo rather than throw my money at you.

Stopped reading there. How do you guys even get to this website without knowing the name?
  • edited April 2012
    I bought the walking dead game before the system requirements came out. Turns out my computer is not good enough. Surprising because Telltale normally makes fairly low power games. :(:(:(

I could build you a computer that would run this and every other game out for less than $700. Or build one that can run TWD for $450 lol

Time to upgrade my friend
    edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Stopped reading there. How do you guys even get to this website without knowing the name?

It's a common mistake. In the first Back to the Future trailer, the company name is even displayed as "talltale" as a joke:

2zh4l86.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    Cool down with the newbies, Gman. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    By the way....i have a doubt...is there a limit of counts to download the game?

I mean. I wanna download it to my note...and try to play...if I see problems...I'll download to another (future) pc......
    edited April 2012
    There is a limit John, but mostly only in theory. You will have no problems installing and playing the game on different PCs. We've never been told a specific number of downloads/activations before TTG gets suspicious, but I also haven't ever seen a complaint on these forums in the past years that a certain game download stopped working because of too many downloads of a single game. No need to worry at all here. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Hum...Danke schön Vainamoinen!
  • edited April 2012
    I was wondering, it says that Intel integrated graphics is not recommended. Would I still be able to run the game decent?
  • edited April 2012
    L33T_B3AN wrote: »
    I was wondering, it says that Intel integrated graphics is not recommended. Would I still be able to run the game decent?

Sorry, but no. That's why we don't recommend them.
  • edited April 2012
    Intel "HD" integrated chipsets are a joke. For outputting video only, barely suitable for watching HD video.

Of course, playing most games on laptops is also something I laugh about, and someone with a desktop PC with Intel integrated graphics only is...... I can't even say it
  • edited April 2012
    Please help me. Since it was mentioned here that the required specs would be the same as JP (which ran fine on my PC) I thought I wouldn't have a problem. Now I am reading that I need 3GB RAM to play the game and I have only 1,5GB Ram. Can I play the game?

CPU: Pentium 4 - 3GHz (with HT)
    Memory: 1,5 GB (DDR1 400)
    Graphic Card: NVidia GeForce GTS450 PCIe (1GB DDR3)

Before I preorder I need to know if it is possible for me to play the game.
  • edited April 2012
    ADavidson wrote: »
    I could build you a computer that would run this and every other game out for less than $700. Or build one that can run TWD for $450 lol

Time to upgrade my friend

Seems to me that you have too much money since 450$ are not much for you.
  • edited April 2012
    Hey, I was wondering if i'll can play TWD on this PC: http://www.packardbell.ae/pb/en/AE/content/model/LX.BRE02.027
  • edited April 2012
    MarkoH01 wrote: »
    Seems to me that you have too much money since 450$ are not much for you.

Too much money? ANYONE who can't play this game obviously needs a new computer, and are most likely on Windows XP or older, a 12yr old program.

$450 is nothing to spend on a new computer. A new refrigerator, washer or dryer, dishwasher or stove all cost that much too.

MY computer here at home retails for about $1900, but no I don't have too much money. Computers are important to me. I have a paid off car. IF you have a new car these days you're paying $350 to $450 EVERY MONTH, how is $450 for a PC too much?

Anyway, any of you guys need new PCs or have computer questions you can't get answers to, send me a PM. I'm offering free general help to people. As far as I've seen that isn't against forum rules. Please don't remove, I'm helping the community.
  • edited April 2012
    Arsun97 wrote: »
    Hey, I was wondering if i'll can play TWD on this PC: http://www.packardbell.ae/pb/en/AE/content/model/LX.BRE02.027

YES! You will be able to play this game perfectly fine. With 4GB Ram and that GT540M dedicated graphics, you'll have no problems play just about any game
  • edited April 2012
    YES! You will be able to play this game perfectly fine. With 4GB Ram and that GT540M dedicated graphics, you'll have no problems play just about any game

Thanks man!;) I cant wait!:D
  • edited April 2012
    Too much money? ANYONE who can't play this game obviously needs a new computer, and are most likely on Windows XP or older, a 12yr old program.

Yes, I still use XP and I still think it is the best Win OS - don't like Win7.
    $450 is nothing to spend on a new computer. A new refrigerator, washer or dryer, dishwasher or stove all cost that much too.

That still doesn't mean that is it not much money!
    MY computer here at home retails for about $1900, but no I don't have too much money. Computers are important to me. I have a paid off car. IF you have a new car these days you're paying $350 to $450 EVERY MONTH, how is $450 for a PC too much?

It is not too much for a PC it is too much if you don't earn that much money - and a PC is not that important for living...it is just a hobby. Whatever - if TTG does confirm, that you really need 3GB to play TWD then I will sadly have to pass.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Whatever - if TTG does confirm, that you really need 3GB to play TWD then I will sadly have to pass.

Like you said in a previous post, crofael mentioned on the first page of this thread that the requirements would be the same as for Jurassic Park and those requirements, as posted on the game's page in the Telltale Store, are as follow:

Windows Operating system: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
    Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
    Memory: 3 GB RAM
    Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM
    Direct X 9.0c
    Audio card required

So, if you managed to run Jurassic Park despite not meeting the posted requirements, there's no reason why The Walking Dead won't run on your computer (and if for some reason it didn't, I'm sure that Telltale's customer service would take care of you).
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah you can build a brand new PC and still use Windows XP if you so desire. Windows 7 is better than XP in many ways, but I do still miss things from XP as well. Point is, why are you even bothering visiting forums or considering buying a NEW PC game when you have a 10yr old machine??? Doesn't make sense and you should get a hobby that you can do successfully... Also it is just after tax season. If you don't make enough money to buy a bottom dollar PC, you can get earned income credit among others and put part of that towards a PC. I'd even build it for you at cost(parts+shipping) cuz that's just sad. Anyone interested in games whatsoever should have a computer capable of playing TellTale's games, as they are pretty much the least graphics intensive games out there. You're missing out on a world of Skyrim and Witcher 2, Rock of Ages, etc

Or just buy it for PS3 or xbox if you have one of those. If not, gaming is not your hobby
  • edited April 2012
    @ADavidson You guys can help each other as much as you want, it's a nice and noble gesture. Even so, please send your business related e-mails through the forum's Personal Messaging System. The last thing you want is for a bot to grab it and send you hundreds of spam e-mails.

Besides, that way, it's your responsibilty entirely, not ours, to be careful regarding the persons you are sharing personal info with.
  • edited April 2012
    @ADavidson You guys can help each other as much as you want, it's a nice and noble gesture. Even so, please send your business related e-mails through the forum's Personal Messaging System. The last thing you want is for a bot to grab it and send you hundreds of spam e-mails.

Besides, that way, it's your responsibilty entirely, not ours, to be careful regarding the persons you are sharing personal info with.

Indeed, thanks. I'll make sure to do that from now on. No more email addys in posts.
  • edited April 2012
    crofael wrote: »
    The PC system requirements for The Walking Dead are identical to the ones for Jurassic Park.

FALSE.

Here are the real official ones:

TWDMR.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Steam seems to be convinced that a 512 MB graphics card is the minimum, while the information directly from Telltale still settles on a 256 MB card as sufficient. It's a little confusing now!
  • edited April 2012
    The PC system specs are in Steam. I'm gonna paste it here for PC and Mac:

System Requirements (PC)

Minimum:
    Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
    Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
    Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM (Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics)
    DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
    Sound: Direct X 9.0c sound device

Recommended:
    Processor: Core 2 Duo 2GHz or equivalent
    Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 1024 MB RAM (Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics)
    DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
    Sound: Direct X 9.0c sound device

System Requirements (MAC)

Minimum:
    Processor: 2.3 Ghz Intel
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Video Card: 512 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card
    Additional: Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics or Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks

Recommended:
    Processor: Core 2 Duo 2GHz
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Video Card: 1024 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card
    Additional: Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics or Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks
  • edited April 2012
    Point is, why are you even bothering visiting forums or considering buying a NEW PC game when you have a 10yr old machine??? Doesn't make sense and you should get a hobby that you can do successfully...

Oh Boy! There wasn't ANY Telltale Game I couldn't play on my machine without spending so much money. I don't buy much games since I have enough games that I like and which also run fine. You don't have to buy or posess a new PC to have PC gaming as a hobby...there are still enough games out there which don't require the newest PCs. TTG Adventures were one of them. So I am ony waiting for TTG to confirm that TWD will or won't run on my PC so I can decide If I preorder or if I don't. I have never asked if somebody can help me to spend more money on a PC or to build a new one (I am capable to do this myself If I'd want to but I won't).
    Also it is just after tax season. If you don't make enough money to buy a bottom dollar PC, you can get earned income credit among others and put part of that towards a PC. I'd even build it for you at cost(parts+shipping) cuz that's just sad. Anyone interested in games whatsoever should have a computer capable of playing TellTale's games, as they are pretty much the least graphics intensive games out there. You're missing out on a world of Skyrim and Witcher 2, Rock of Ages, etc

You still don't get it - don't you? I have much more important things to do with my money than to spend it on a new PC. I did those things years ago but now my priorities have changed. If TWD will not run on my PC then I will not buy it - it is nothing my life depends on. I am also NOT interested in games which only have nice graphics - the game itself is important fo me - again TTG here is my favorite.
    Or just buy it for PS3 or xbox if you have one of those. If not, gaming is not your hobby

So gaming is not my hobby when I am willing to spend enough money on it or I don't have a console? Sorry - but that is just nonsense!
  • edited April 2012
    intergrated card are never good for gaming just throwing that out there they are just good for runnin your display for work related stuff. mainly because they normally dont have a shader .
  • edited April 2012
    Steam seems to be convinced that a 512 MB graphics card is the minimum, while the information directly from Telltale still settles on a 256 MB card as sufficient. It's a little confusing now!

To be totally clear: 512mb video cards are definitely the minimum requirement. If it still states otherwise on our site somewhere, I'll make sure it gets taken care of tomorrow.
  • edited April 2012
    So I should be able to run it on my 2011 Mac?

I can play Back to the Future just fine on it.

2.5Ghz
    4GB Memory
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB
  • edited April 2012
    HectorB wrote: »
    So I should be able to run it on my 2011 Mac?

I can play Back to the Future just fine on it.

2.5Ghz
    4GB Memory
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB

Yes you will be able to play at least medium settings at high resolution
  • edited April 2012
    Oh Boy! There wasn't ANY Telltale Game I couldn't play on my machine without spending so much money. I don't buy much games since I have enough games that I like and which also run fine. You don't have to buy or posess a new PC to have PC gaming as a hobby...there are still enough games out there which don't require the newest PCs. TTG Adventures were one of them. So I am ony waiting for TTG to confirm that TWD will or won't run on my PC so I can decide If I preorder or if I don't. I have never asked if somebody can help me to spend more money on a PC or to build a new one (I am capable to do this myself If I'd want to but I won't).

You still don't get it - don't you? I have much more important things to do with my money than to spend it on a new PC. I did those things years ago but now my priorities have changed. If TWD will not run on my PC then I will not buy it - it is nothing my life depends on. I am also NOT interested in games which only have nice graphics - the game itself is important fo me - again TTG here is my favorite.

So gaming is not my hobby when I am willing to spend enough money on it or I don't have a console? Sorry - but that is just nonsense!

I'm sorry. I sincerely apologize for being a douche. I have inlaws visiting my house for the past week and it's crunching down on my like zombies outside my front door.

I guess I was just a bit baffled that someone without a console and without a decent cheap PC was frequenting a game forum. I shouldn't have made such bold rude assertions.

If you ever do need any PC help, or some parts, let me know. I have distributor accounts and special prices on 2-day or overnight shipping. Hope your gaming goes well for you.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm sorry. I sincerely apologize for being a douche. I have inlaws visiting my house for the past week and it's crunching down on my like zombies outside my front door.

I guess I was just a bit baffled that someone without a console and without a decent cheap PC was frequenting a game forum. I shouldn't have made such bold rude assertions.

If you ever do need any PC help, or some parts, let me know. I have distributor accounts and special prices on 2-day or overnight shipping. Hope your gaming goes well for you.

No problem and no need to apologize :)
    Thank you very much for your offer to help me with my PC - I appreciate that but I don't think I'll need it. :)
    edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    To be totally clear: 512mb video cards are definitely the minimum requirement. If it still states otherwise on our site somewhere, I'll make sure it gets taken care of tomorrow.

Oh damn. Should RosaReynoso contact you with a refund plea, I'd have to support her (him??). :(
  • edited April 2012
    I've contacted Mike via PM about my 1,5GB vs 3GB (min.) RAM Problem.. He told me the game will probably not run well on my PC. Since however JP did run well (min req. also 3GB) I just preordered.

And now I'm hoping and praying and wishing upon a star that the game wil run against the odds. If not then I have at least tried it...
  • edited April 2012
    The minimum requirement on Jurassic Park wasn't 3gb. It was 2gb.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    The minimum requirement on Jurassic Park wasn't 3gb. It was 2gb.

Sure? Copied from your site
    http://www.telltalegames.com/store/jurassicpark

"PC System Requirements: Windows Operating system: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent Memory: 3 GB RAM Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM Direct X 9.0c Audio card required Mac: OS: Snow Leopard (10.6.X) Processor: 2.3 Ghz Intel or equivalent Memory: 4 GB RAM Video Card: 512 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card Not recommended for Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks"

Anyhow - I don't even have 2GB so Jurassic Park should habe been a problem regardless of the fact that the requirements were stated as 2GB or 3GB. So I am keeping up the hope.
  • edited April 2012
    Sure? Copied from your site
    http://www.telltalegames.com/store/jurassicpark

"PC System Requirements: Windows Operating system: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent Memory: 3 GB RAM Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM Direct X 9.0c Audio card required Mac: OS: Snow Leopard (10.6.X) Processor: 2.3 Ghz Intel or equivalent Memory: 4 GB RAM Video Card: 512 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card Not recommended for Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks"

Anyhow - I don't even have 2GB so Jurassic Park should habe been a problem regardless of the fact that the requirements were stated as 2GB or 3GB. So I am keeping up the hope.

LOL

I think they know their games more then us:):eek:

Now where's that bloody sarcasm button?
This discussion has been closed.