Announcing Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People

EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
It's official!

We'll be updating the site with a trailer, screens, and an FAQ at about 1:00 Pacific time, so make sure to check back for that. :)

Comments

• edited April 2008
    NO WAY! NO WAY! NO WAY! NO WAY! Strongbad rocks and this is from Telltale! NO WAY! You guys rock! Now I can't wait to hear about pricing and the exact release date!

Now, which version do I buy? PC or WiiWare?
  • edited April 2008
    wow. I know I didn't see this one coming. I heard there were two new properties, and didn't expect Homestar Runner's Strong Bad to be one of them. I might have to break down and get a Wii now. . .

. . . if I can find one.
  • edited April 2008
    Woooot! looks like I have to get a Wii now!
  • edited April 2008
    This...this is beyond epic.
  • edited April 2008
    What if...what if...what if Sam & Max made an appearance? Could you imagine how awesome it would be to have Sam & Max talk to Strongbad?
  • edited April 2008
    Sam & Max, Bone, and now a Homestar Runner game... It's like they're picking my mind of all my favourite things!
  • edited April 2008
    So... that's about 9pm GMT, I think.
    Will the Wiiware and PC games come out at the same time? I'm swaying towards getting the PC version, just because that's where my gaming heart lies.
  • edited April 2008
    Great license! This is gonna be awesome.

Also, though I'm a proud Wii owner and will surely be buying the WiiWare version of this game, I'm happy to see that the series won't be limited to the service.
  • edited April 2008
    Three hours to go...
  • edited April 2008
    ive got one thing to ask... will trogdor make an appearence?
  • edited April 2008
    If Modestly Hot Homsar doesn't feature, you're getting some angry fan mail...
  • edited April 2008
    I can't wait to play SBCG4AP! My biggest hope, though, is that we get some more coherent thoughts out of Senor Cardgage :P
  • edited April 2008
    Telltale + Strong Bad + Wii = Mind blown.
  • edited April 2008
    Came for the Sam and Max, staying for the Strong Bad.

LOVE it.
  • edited April 2008
    So, that site they told us about should be up any minute now. I'm so excited!
  • edited April 2008
    *head asplodes*

This is FANTASTIC news! Telltale, you spoil us. :D
  • edited April 2008
    You're five minutes overdue. I'm afraid Telltale now suck.

(just kidding, of course!)
  • edited April 2008
    Uh oh, almost 15 minutes overdue now! :p
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
  • edited April 2008
    We've been working as fast as we can for the past 30 hours straight to get this stuff to you, so bear with us for another few minutes please :)
  • edited April 2008
    I love you Will! :D

That trailer left my computer a smoldering crater!*

*Trailer did not really leave my computer a smoldering crater
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    I had nothing to do with this and deserve no thanking. The flash was done by the Chaps, the in-engine 3D stuff by Nick and the massive massive amount of webpage stuff soon to be released is Doug, Jake, Mike, Eric and Emily.

And I could list all the guys who made the engine, modeled the characters, etc, but that's pretty much the entire company. They rock.
  • edited April 2008
    I know, but you posted the link, which gave me something to do for the next few minutes of waiting. :D
  • edited April 2008
    Hahaha! "From the people who brought you... Rabbit dog and Bunnyman".
  • edited April 2008
    All three of the glorious D's!!
  • edited April 2008
    Hahaha! "From the people who brought you... Rabbit dog and Bunnyman".

Rabid dog surely?
  • edited April 2008
    Rabid dog surely?

Sorry, that's what I meant. :p It was a typo. Sewiously you guys.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Actually I'm pretty sure it said "rabbit dog" in the script. :p
  • edited April 2008
    :p

Wait, does this mean we could see some Strongbad merch in the Telltale store in the future as well?

I didn't think I would be as excited or surprised by the new game announcement as I am for some reason. :D
  • edited April 2008
    Emily wrote: »

Sorry, that's what I meant. :p It was a typo. Sewiously you guys.

Actually, if we're going to be completely honest here, I was torn between putting 'rabbit' or 'rabid', only to decide on the latter. And then along came my typo! I'd personally say that 'rabbit dog' is probably better because of the fact that the second name is either a bunny or a man.

And as this post ends, my sleep is soon to begin.
    No, wait, forget that! Coffee here I come!
  • edited April 2008
    So, any updates on how much longer it might take? No rush, I'm just wondering :D
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    We'll launch it as soon as we possibly can. :)
  • edited April 2008
    Emily wrote: »

Great, now everybody knows I was wrong... :P
  • edited April 2008
    Will wrote: »

NOOOOOOO!!!...

I can't access that page from work...
  • edited April 2008
    http://telltalegames.com/strongbad/ - for refreshing fanatics. I'm liking the cool shade of blue that you guys have chosen.
  • edited April 2008
    Thanks for the link Guybrush :D
  • edited April 2008
    http://telltalegames.com/strongbad/ - for refreshing fanatics. I'm liking the cool shade of blue that you guys have chosen.

I misinterpreted that as being refreshing for fanatics. I'm not a fanatic of refreshing, sadly, since our DSL is slugging along slower than ever before. At least I can see the H*R trailer - and I love the art style! Considering that H*R characters are notoriously impossible to express in 3D, I like how the gameplay retains that flat hand-drawnlylike-shaded quality. Unless I only imagined that, in my insomnia-induced stupor - I should watch it again.
  • edited April 2008
    This...this is beyond epic.

What he said.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm aware of homestarrunner.com, been a few times over the years to check out Peasant Quest etc, but don't know much about the characters there at all - however the trailer (pure win) has really piqued my interest, so now I have another way to procrastinate during the workday! Thanks Telltale.
  • edited April 2008
    We just posted this in the interim: http://www.telltalegames.com/strongbad/faq

Most of the info in there will be familiar to a lot of you, but you never know. The rest of the Strong Bad site is coming soon, still.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.