SBCG4AP release dates announced!

Update! Episode 1, Homestar Ruiner, will be available Worldwide on the PC and on WiiWare in the US on Monday, August 11. The release on WiiWare for Europe, Australia, and New Zealand will follow very soon thereafter.

The best news of all is that we have opened up preorders for SBCG4AP for the PC! You can find out more at http://www.telltalegames.com/store/sbcg4ap

Comments

• edited August 2008
    It's now up to two "very"s. Hmm...
  • edited August 2008
    wbwolf wrote: »

On the Nintendo channel? sweet.
  • edited August 2008
    Good idea, *staring at it until it changes*
  • edited August 2008
    NOOOOOO! We were so close to becoming the most pointless thread on the forum!!

In all seriousness, I think a release date discussion thread is pointless. People are just going to find stupid published speculation or make their own speculation and pass it off as the actual release date. So a new thread won't really help new users find info about the game. It just refreshed the page for spammers.

But I suppose something like that is nessicary to retards can vent their frustration about the fact that it's not out yet and how they're going to kill theirself.

Done now. :)
  • edited August 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    ...But I suppose something like that is necessary to retards can vent their frustration...

There is already a place for that, just not release date discussion. Its name even implies that it is for venting. General Ramblings Section, anyone?
  • edited August 2008
    The best thing to do I guess would be to paste the last comments from emily and tabacco in the old thread. They kinda answer all questions we could have. But not our pointless guesses, I guess.
  • edited August 2008
    wbwolf wrote: »

Mine still only has the one very.... I wonder why.
  • edited August 2008
    InfamousDS wrote: »
    Mine still only has the one very.... I wonder why.

I was referring to Tabacco's post. Jake had earlier posted info would be posted "very soon".
  • edited August 2008
    Yea one question, WILL IT COME OUT MONDAY!?!?!?!?
  • edited August 2008
    Usually, how many days before the release date does Nintendo confirms it to the developer?
  • edited August 2008
    no
    ,probably not
  • edited August 2008
    Hey tabacco, do YOU think it will come out on the 11th? If not do you think in august?
  • edited August 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    NOOOOOO! We were so close to becoming the most pointless thread on the forum!!

In all seriousness, I think a release date discussion thread is pointless. People are just going to find stupid published speculation or make their own speculation and pass it off as the actual release date. So a new thread won't really help new users find info about the game. It just refreshed the page for spammers.

But I suppose something like that is nessicary to retards can vent their frustration about the fact that it's not out yet and how they're going to kill theirself.

Done now. :)
    I think there's more to it than that. There's no other way to avoid a billion and two release date threads being made. If there's a big damn announcement right at the top of the page saying "WE DON'T HAVE A RELEASE DATE STOP ASKING," it wouldn't stop the threads. Having a stickied thread for the purpose seems to stop some. There have been a few, but it's not like the entire front page is "WHY ISN'T THE GAME OUT RAAAAHHH" threads. I've seen places get like that... not fun.
  • edited August 2008
    *sigh* I'm not surprized by delays anymore. Once I get a release date. That's when I'll be surprized.
  • edited August 2008
    I bet SBCG4AP will come out next Monday!
    On the trailer on the nintendo channel
    SB walks past a calender that says 12 on it.
    That would be ...Tuesday...
    nevermind.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    The calendar's said the 12th on it since our original tech demo. Good eye, though.
  • edited August 2008
    This game will be boss no matter what date this game comes out.:)
  • edited August 2008
    I'm guessing a Monday 11th release then, if you'll be announcing soon. :)
  • edited August 2008
    I think that asking about when episode one will come out seems overdone. the thing pressing on my mind is, can we still expect a new episode once every month after the first episode? or are we looking at a month and a half or something like that.
  • edited August 2008
    will it be 1000 points? yes it's a VERY, VERY obvious question, but I want to know for sure so I can get Zelda:D
  • edited August 2008
    it's the 18th!!!!!!!
    no the 11th!!!
    no the 28th!!!!

oh....
  • edited August 2008
    release date auction,do i hear 11th.
  • edited August 2008
    *raises paddle* Here
  • edited August 2008
    I have a question for someone from TT (Or if anyone else know)
    I've been a little confused with the millions and MILLIONS of Release date theories/conspiracys/lies/pranks and Im just wondering, is the 2nd reason for the delay (Cause we all know its firstly cause of Videlectrix) Nintendo or TTG's fault? Has the delay come from telltale fully refining the game? or is it because of Nintendo doing something to get it onto the wiiware system properly?
  • edited August 2008
    release date auction,do i hear 11th.

i bid 12
  • edited August 2008
    *raises paddle* 18th
  • edited August 2008
    11th again!
  • edited August 2008
    I'm feeling melancholy watching the old giant release date thread slowly go lower and lower down the page... Oh, and I bid for the 25th. It makes sence that the game would come out the same week that school starts again for me.
  • edited August 2008
    I have a question for someone from TT (Or if anyone else know)
    I've been a little confused with the millions and MILLIONS of Release date theories/conspiracys/lies/pranks and Im just wondering, is the 2nd reason for the delay (Cause we all know its firstly cause of Videlectrix) Nintendo or TTG's fault? Has the delay come from telltale fully refining the game? or is it because of Nintendo doing something to get it onto the wiiware system properly?
    The game is finished. It is in the final stages of submission. Telltale has repeatedly stated that it's not Nintendo's fault at all and everything's been working well.
  • edited August 2008
    Well I guess my question would be, is there even any point in asking about release dates?

According to gonintendo.com the answer is no. They obtained the following statement from NOA regarding today's 3 (promised by their respective companies) unreleased VC titles.

"A number of variables can affect a game’s release date. Therefore, the Wii-kly Update is the only authority for confirmed release dates of Virtual Console games." - Nintendo of America

I'm just going to assume this holds true to Wiiware titles as well, unless you guys can tell me otherwise.
  • edited August 2008
    Well I guess my question would be, is there even any point in asking about release dates?

According to gonintendo.com the answer is no. They obtained the following statement from NOA regarding today's 3 (promised by publishers) but not released titles.

"A number of variables can affect a game’s release date. Therefore, the Wii-kly Update is the only authority for confirmed release dates of Virtual Console games." - Nintendo of America

I'm just going to assume this holds true to Wiiware titles as well.

Yeah, that's pretty much what telltale's been telling people for months now, but they insist on asking when the game would come out anyway
  • edited August 2008
    Still it makes me wonder if the good ol folks at Telltale are having to check the Wii-kly Update to see if their own game came out.
  • edited August 2008

According to gonintendo.com the answer is no. They obtained the following statement from NOA regarding today's 3 (promised by their respective companies) unreleased VC titles.

I'm just going to assume this holds true to Wiiware titles as well, unless you guys can tell me otherwise.

That actually isn't true, almost every single video game has a date attached to it as soon as a video for it is up on the Nintendo Channel. Since WiiWare is full new(ish) games and not remakes of old games, I would say that once a release date is set, they keep it. Just like for disc games.

The SBCG4AP video is the very first one to not have a release date in the catalog entry, out of every single Wii, DS, and WiiWare game to ever be featured in the Nintendo Channel Game Catalog (accessed through "Search by Category" under Find Titles for You at the top of the video list). Even Sam and Max Season 1 Wii has a release date listed, so you can't say they hate Telltale. It is just that they haven't settled on a date yet.

I will admit that the SBCG4AP video is the 6th ever WiiWare video to be featured before actual release, and the first ever since the official launch of WiiWare. But what I say still holds true.
  • edited August 2008
    I never said they hated Telltale :P I was just alluding that they might have control issues.
  • edited August 2008
    Well, crap.There went my possible Thousandth post bragging rights.Immature pride aside,Locking a thread, then making another with the exact same premise doesn't make sense.Morons will eventually taint this thread with moronic, baseless speculation and suicidal tendancies.And bad spelling.
  • edited August 2008
    I never said they hated Telltale :P I was just alluding that they might have control issues.

I have heard people claim Nintendo was out to get Telltale, that was for them not you. And Telltale will control sales of the game once Nintendo finishes the finalization process, if my understanding of this is correct.
  • edited August 2008
    Still it makes me wonder if the good ol folks at Telltale are having to check the Wii-kly Update to see if their own game came out.

No, we have these things called telephones, on which we call people. Also, we have this thing that's like mail, but it's completely electronic ;)

We have better ways of finding out, in other words. Sadly, despite all these wonders of technology at our disposal, we don't have anything to report just yet. But soon!
  • edited August 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    No, we have these things called telephones, on which we call people. Also, we have this thing that's like mail, but it's completely electronic ;)

We have better ways of finding out, in other words. Sadly, despite all these wonders of technology at our disposal, we don't have anything to report just yet. But soon!

The future of technology, or at least what people won't shut up about, is wireless. You know, things like walkmans, flashlights, and solar calculators.
    Look, I can make mine say "oboe shoes"! (53045 3080)
  • edited August 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    Look, I can make mine say "oboe shoes"! (53045 3080)

At school, I couldn't.I wanted to show everyone in the class I knew ho to make calculators say things upside down.I couldn't do it, too many numbers
  • edited August 2008
    tabacco wrote: »

Electronic mail? What is this wonder you speak of? How do you operate the telegramophone whilst wearing gentlemen's sport gloves?

I'm confused. I guess I'm just going to keep checking this topic for that report. Here hoping for some good news... soon!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.