Lucasarts: "we are considering all of our options"

"If you're wondering about Indiana Jones or any other LucasFilm properties, by the way, wonder no more: according to an EA spokesperson, this agreement is for Star Wars only.
LucasFilm confirmed that. "Regarding the other titles, no titles are being announced at this time but we are considering all of our options," a LucasFilm spokesperson told Kotaku. "The deal with EA is for the Star Wars franchise only." "
From Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/ea-snags-exclusive-deal-to-make-star-wars-games-493178983

Well, Telltale, THIS is the right moment to ask rights, I think.
But my fear is: is it the right moment FOR YOU?

Comments

• edited May 2013
    It would be nice to know if Telltale is still interested in the MI license if it's available.
    I guess not but the hope is the last one to die...
  • edited May 2013
    Agree with Bloody Eugene!
  • edited May 2013
    Telltale, for the love of SCUMM, do SOMETHING. Walking Dead was great, Fables looks like it will be great, but don't forget your roots. There are many more stories to be told in the world of Monkey Island! As Abe Lincoln said in Sam and Max 104, the time to act is now!
  • edited May 2013
    Something tells me we might be in for a surprise if Lucasarts is considering doing something with the other franchises.
  • edited May 2013
    If they do sell Monkey Island, I'd rather it go to Ron Gilbert than anyone else. It's his baby, and nobody would treat it better than him.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Monkey Island, huh.

If they can get Indiana Jones for a new full fledged adventure game, the first after FoA, how cool would that be.

Unfortunately, as Dan has put it, that's "not a huge focus for Telltale right now". But who, I ask you, who else could pull that off satisfactorily?

I don't see ONE other company around which could. Not one.
  • edited May 2013
    Monkey Island, huh.

If they can get Indiana Jones for a new full fledged adventure game, the first after FoA, how cool would that be.

Unfortunately, as Dan has put it, that's "not a huge focus for Telltale right now". But who, I ask you, who else could pull that off satisfactorily?

I'd say Double Fine, but they wouldn't be interested either...

Maybe some German company like Daedalic Entertainment?
  • edited May 2013
    That is just PR speak for.. "meh"
  • edited May 2013
    Ah well, Animation Arts did well with "Lost Horizon" and King Art did well with "The Book of Unwritten Tales"... Daedalic seems to be too busy anyway, but there ARE options.

Still, I'm dying for Tales 2, so DO THAT TELLTALE, GORRAM IT!!!!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Ah well, Animation Arts did well with "Lost Horizon" and King Art did well with "The Book of Unwritten Tales"... Daedalic seems to be too busy anyway, but there ARE options.

Daedalic doing MI or Indy...

... let me think about that. For a while. :cool:

Not sure Ms. Kesterton would be up to it. But I might be wrong and we might still never find out.
  • edited May 2013

The Firefly reference kinda makes your post... doubly depressing :(
  • edited May 2013
    Maybe I should have typed "Season 2" for it to work both ways...
  • edited June 2013
    I think telltale should secretly fund themselves a serious amount of dough for buying the Monkey Island rights to finish it.
  • edited June 2013
    I read that Disney have renewed the license for Maniac Mansion, but that could just be them covering their butts in case someone else wanted to do something with it. At the moment, things are looking pretty grim for the old adventure IPs. We can only hope that someone will snatch up the rights to MI and MM form Disney, maybe even Ronzo himself, Telltale don't seem interested in doing straight adventure games anymore :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.