Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway Hardcover Numbers

Comments

• edited August 2008
    What'd be really creepy is if you got number 666. It'd probably mean that this book will break easily and cause something terrible (like, say, your toast burning) to happen. Damn Satan!
  • edited August 2008
    or if you had 999 and mistakenly started reading the book upside down from the back...hmmm, satan wins again.. curse you big man
  • edited August 2008
    152, go consecutive primes.
  • edited August 2008
    i have 351
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    I'm starting to get the feeling that U.K. customs hate people.

Danish customs hate people more had to pay $52/£28.51.
    Anyway got #1385, great book :D
  • edited August 2008
    Anyway got #1385, great book :D

:eek:
    That almost makes me feel lucky for what we get charged.
  • edited August 2008
    That makes me glad that I wasn't charged a customs fee for four CDs I ordered from Japan!
  • edited August 2008
    how much did you order? only the hardcover or half the ttg-store?? because if you only ordered the book....that would be over 100% import tax/customs fee. that's quite ridiculous, if you ask me.:eek:
  • edited August 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    how much did you order? only the hardcover or half the ttg-store?? because if you only ordered the book....that would be over 100% import tax/customs fee. that's quite ridiculous, if you ask me.:eek:

Ordered the hardcover and season one soundtrack. The import tax was not that much, but the customs fee was a joke.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm boiling.... It's because of fear that this could happen to me I'm afraid to get the bonus disks...I have to call the president and ask him how much would the customs cost in romania
  • edited August 2008
    Well I'm wanting to order season 2 game and the poster and case fle, do you think it would be cheaper because of customs to order the game seperately?
  • edited August 2008
    im no expert but as far as i know theres only one import tax, no matter how many things you buy...
  • edited August 2008
    ..but isn't import tax calculated on a certain percentage of the total value of the shipment? pretty much like vat? i believe it is...so is the customs fee, but these vary depending on what type of item you ordered. like software is charged higher fees and taxes than books...so if you were charged for software you should contact telltale support about it. it has been a recent problem..
  • edited August 2008
    One way to get around the customs fee is for TTG to send each item separately. I guess that would jack up the shipping fee though.

Here in Norway, everything at or above 200 NOK (about $37) gets a 25% import tax, except books and a couple of other items. On top of that, there's a $18-20 fee, which really sucks if you buy something worth 205 NOK. :(
  • edited August 2008
    Avel wrote: »
    152, go consecutive primes.

where did 3 go?
  • edited September 2008
    #1316 - Wahoo!
  • edited September 2008
    patters wrote: »
    where did 3 go?

31, 37, 41 and 43 mugged him.
  • edited September 2008
    I've got the 272. yeaaaah! :)
    oh my gosh, it's a sum of four consecutive primes (61 + 67 + 71 + 73)!!! :eek:
  • edited September 2008
    So no-one here got a book below 100 yet (aside from Jake)?
  • edited September 2008
    This may sound strange, but if anyone gets #0512, I am interested in trading my #0123 (still in its shrinkwrap). Number 512 is now very important to me and I would really appreciate a book with that number. :)
  • edited September 2008
    Oh you and your crazy powers of 2.
  • edited September 2008
    My employee number at the office is 255. That's the highest number that can be made with 8 bits. Or 2^8-1. Yeah, powers of 2!
  • edited September 2008
    1480 here ^_^ Must say I'm very impressed with it - awesome work again Telltale ^_^
  • edited September 2008
    I'm still waiting for my order from 1st August :| This is somehow odd i think. Its not here till now.

Hope it arrives soon, haven't any answer from support since a week.

Sincerly, murphy
  • edited September 2008
    murphy wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for my order from 1st August :| This is somehow odd i think. Its not here till now.

Hope it arrives soon, haven't any answer from support since a week.

Sincerly, murphy

If you wrote to support and didn't get an answer, you might want to check your spam folder. We reply to pretty much every ticket within 24 hours, but sometimes they get filtered out at the recipient's side.
  • edited September 2008
    1396, a rather wimsical number, hehehe, not really, but I've come to like the number, it just sort of looks and sounds neat.
  • edited September 2008
    i simply must get another one of these when I can, wonder how many are left, and why there is such a huge hole of people not reporting numbers! Dont they care!! *sniffle sniffle* dont they understand *wimper cry*.. lol

heres to telltale (raises glass)
  • edited September 2008
    I really like your message board! Please put me on the book list! I am thrilled and honored to have #1! I'm Steve's sister Deb! It's nice to have a place to share the excitement of this!

frontcover1.jpg

numberone1.jpg

insidesammax1.jpg

And just for fun!
    protectedby.jpg
  • edited September 2008
    :eek: You have one... a Protected by Sam & Max car window decal...

I bet you get into all the Pixar premires too. :D Thank you for dropping by the board and posting those pictures!
  • edited September 2008
    Ms. Deb, what's this about making your brother fear dolls? (in your dedication)

:) hehehe
  • edited September 2008
    Awesome.
    By the way, sorry about the list being down for a couple days. There has been an obscene amount of dust floating around the house due to the counter tops being refinished, so I decided it wouldn't be good to run a server 24/7 with all of that dust. It's back up now.
  • edited October 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    :eek: You have one... a Protected by Sam & Max car window decal...

I bet you get into all the Pixar premires too. :D Thank you for dropping by the board and posting those pictures!

I HAD one but it's gone now... :( I took the picture when I had to let the car go! I wish I could get another one for the car I drive now! I don't know if there are any more floating around anywhere or not.:)
    Ichabod wrote: »
    Ms. Deb, what's this about making your brother fear dolls? (in your dedication)

:) hehehe

Ummm, LOL, Sometimes childhood events have unintentional consequences! :o
    In the long run I think Steve used and is using ALL his interesting life experiences in his creative endeavors!!! I wanna think that anyway, 'cause Steve's one of my favorite people in the world! I don't want to feel guilty!
    I was probably his first "fan" and still I may be his biggest fan!:D I have to admit I'm very sappy and I got choked up that I got a dedication! When he told me I was getting #1 I was really surprised and excited!!:)
    dg10050 wrote: »
    Awesome.
    By the way, sorry about the list being down for a couple days. There has been an obscene amount of dust floating around the house due to the counter tops being refinished, so I decided it wouldn't be good to run a server 24/7 with all of that dust. It's back up now.

I think the list is a great idea, I was glad to see someone was doing it! Thanks for including me! I've been lurking around for awhile while I was waiting for Steve to send me #1. This is a great message board with an interesting, diverse group of posters! I like it! :D
  • edited October 2008
    I need to find my black overalls and plan the break in of this Debs house.

You lucky gibbon!
  • edited October 2008
    It's so awesome that you graced us with your presence, Ms Deb. =D I hope you "pull up a chair" and stay a while with us. ^^
    Sister wrote: »
    I HAD one but it's gone now... :( I took the picture when I had to let the car go!

And the Sam & Max decal curse lives on! ...sorta. ^^;
  • edited October 2008
    Shouldn't Steve give that #1 book and the nice big poster (see behind Deb!) to his brother, as it was him who first drawn Sam&Max? (or does he get all the royalties?)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    barchetta wrote: »
    Shouldn't Steve give that #1 book and the nice big poster (see behind Deb!) to his brother, as it was him who first drawn Sam&Max? (or does he get all the royalties?)

I'm pretty sure Steve is plenty capable of deciding who he gives his books to :confused:. Seems like a weird thing to try and make judgmental calls on for him.
  • edited October 2008
    Oh man, that decal is so freaking awesome. And GO NUMBER ONE! I was curious as to who Steve would give it to heh.

Fantastic to see you Debs, thanks for sharing with us. Oh the humiliating tales you could tell us of your dear siblings mwhahaha. I'm sure we'll milk a few juicy tid bits out of you, oh yes.
  • edited October 2008
    Heh, I love that decal. Wish I could find one myself. Anyway, welcome to the board Deb!
  • edited October 2008
    Thanks for the stories Mrs. Deb!
    :D
  • edited October 2008
    wow deb haha nice poster and book to be sure! (been looking for an official poster like that forever since we cant legally make them here only europe lol)
    I actually have one of those stickers but heck if its on my car! you rock to the nth degree. Ive ordered my 2nd book and will post that number later! its for my brother though! lets see what I get!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.