Bone: The Film

edited July 2012 in Bone

Comments

• edited March 2008
    If they mess this up I'll cry. But I trust Jeff Smith knows what he's doing. He turned down alot of opportunities in the past to make this a film because he knew they'd mess it up.

They better do a trilogy because squeezing this into one film would really water the whole thing down.
  • edited March 2008
    I'd much prefer it to be animated over live action.
  • edited March 2008
    I guess we won't know until someone gets hold of the script, but I'm being hopeful about it until I have no other choice. I doubt they have any kind of multi-film contract about it though. It'll be a 'produce the first and see if it sinks or swims' setup, if that.
  • edited March 2008

I agree. But if it's animated, I don't think CG could do it justice.
  • edited March 2008
    Mh... I've gotta admit I can't decide if I prefer it to be animated or live action... both ideas sound appealing to me. Having just the Bones (and several creatures of course) CG and the rest live action might be my preference though... not sure...
  • edited March 2008
    Robin Williams for Smiley!
  • edited March 2008
    OH YES IM ANGRY! NICK TRYED TO MAKE A MOVIE BUT WITH POP SONGS BY BRITTNEY SPEARS AN NSNYC CAN U IMAGINE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:
    THANKS jeff for turning down the offer fone bone is saved!!!:p:)
  • edited March 2008
    Okay then.
  • edited March 2008
    From the Dark Horizons report:

"An animated version was previous in development at Nickelodeon Films but fell through due to the studio wanting to make a kiddie-orientated film complete with pop songs."

That's probably what #1bone fan is talking about.

He didn't mean NickTTG
  • edited March 2008
    Oh I know... that was an epic post though.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Yeah I originally read that as being about Nick who works near me in the office, not about Nickelodeon.
  • edited March 2008
    Ditto. Actually, when I saw that they couldn't decide, my first reaction was "What the hell is wrong with you people? There's no way this could work as live action."
  • edited March 2008
    A live action Bone movie would be too weird. I'm pretty sure it's going to be CGI. Would be a nice movie for Pixar. Imagine how they could create the valley...

--Erwin
  • edited March 2008
    They could pull it off in a Lord of the Rings type fashion. The Bones, animals, dragons, and locusts could be done the same as Gollem, and the valley people would be real. I really hope that they don't just use a crappy director and script.
  • edited March 2008
    Jeff Smith comments on the Bone movie.
  • edited March 2008
    I really really hope Jared Emerson-Johnson gets a shot at doing the score! How can we help make this happen!?
  • edited March 2008
    So Mr Smith is thinking of doing it 2D?!? No-one here had even suggested that, but thinking about it, I suppose it's not a bad idea. I'd prefer 3D, but that may be exposure to telltale...
  • edited September 2008
    Mh... I've gotta admit I can't decide if I prefer it to be animated or live action... both ideas sound appealing to me. Having just the Bones (and several creatures of course) CG and the rest live action might be my preference though... not sure...

Just like Garfield or Scooby Doo or Alvin and The Chipmunks?!:p
  • edited September 2008
    A mix of CGI and live action could work if it's done right.
  • edited October 2008
    I know some of you people think this wouldn't be right, but I think the bone film could be stop motion!

I know it may not SOUND right, but they've made new stop motion technology!

Jeff, I hope your reading this!
  • edited October 2008
    New stop motion technology? What would that be?
  • edited October 2008
    The stuff they're using to make Coraline in 3D, maybe?
  • edited October 2008
    Shooting physical sets in 3d isn't anything new :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCuA6Iungq8
  • edited October 2008
    I think Bone in Stop Motion would look pretty cool.
  • edited October 2008
    I hope that the movie is succesful, and Telltale starts thinking about making the rest of the Bone series into games.
  • edited October 2008
    wait a second theres a bone MOVIE coming out? JOY!!!!!!
  • edited November 2008
    Hi Guys,I am new on this Thread.I love to watch Bones Episodes.The show is quite interesting.....
  • edited November 2008
    Umm, Its episodes, but its not a show. Its a game.
  • edited November 2008
    No, I would recommend cartoon animation, because I'm too hooked on the novels.
  • edited January 2009
    Molokov wrote: »
    From the Dark Horizons report:

"An animated version was previous in development at Nickelodeon Films but fell through due to the studio wanting to make a kiddie-orientated film complete with pop songs."

That's probably what #1bone fan is talking about.

He didn't mean NickTTG

You know, about the music, I think that the best music for this film is the music of: Led Zeppelin (please don't be mad at this comment, I've been reading Bone with this music, and it sounds awsome) or at least the Doors. This is a tipe of music that would fit into any fantasy film.
  • edited January 2009
    Animation or CG I don't care. Stop motion would be cool but no one is willing to make a stop motion film.
  • edited January 2009
    Stop motion might be interesting (although pointed out before... not new at all).
  • edited March 2009
    This may not go well.

Do you peoples remember when Nickelodeon tried to make a Bone movie? HA!!! Britney Spears is not good for a teen-action movie...
  • edited March 2009
    Limenut wrote: »
    So Mr Smith is thinking of doing it 2D?!? No-one here had even suggested that, but thinking about it, I suppose it's not a bad idea. I'd prefer 3D, but that may be exposure to telltale...

Wow, this just popped an idea into my head!

So, animation is best. I would love stop motion, but I highly doubt it.
    Molokov wrote: »
    The stuff they're using to make Coraline, maybe?

Firstly, I loved that movie. Which is why I know that it took SEVEN YEARS to make. I doubt that WB would take seven+ years to make a movie. Henry Selick would, but only because he loves stop motion. 2D animation would rock, and CG comes last. It's what I expect WB to due, because it's cheap and fast.

But, I think the movie should be done in 3D! But none of that red-and-blue stuff. RealD 3D ONLY! Or maybe glasses-less 3D, like in Avatar...

The Great Cow Race would flourish (If they made a sequel or if it was all squished into one movie) and Ted the Bug's antennae would fly out at'cha, etc.! Not to mention how cool everyone thinks 3D is, and that would get more people to see it without knowing what it is because it's 3D. This would make the movie more money, and we just might get a sequel! Unfortunately, 2D animation wouldn't work with 3D.

Whadda you guys think? Bone in 3D? No? Yes? Maybe?
  • edited May 2009
    It would be great if it were 3D! :D Please make it 3D! I also want the film to go out into the movie theaters! I'm a big fan of bone, and it would be great if the film will be 3D, and it would be great if it was about 1 hour! So good luck with the film.
  • edited May 2009
    It would be great if it will be done in 3D.
  • edited May 2009
    AW MAN! I WOULD LOOOOOVE TO SEE AN ANIMATED BONE MOVIE! But if Warner Bros. ruins this opportunity, Jeff Smith will be dead to me just like that. Like i would literally throw all my bone books out my window. I'm not joking. I will. Anyway, i hope it's the right humor involved with some uptight action. I just hope i will not have to somehow sue Warner Bros. for this.......Will i?
  • edited May 2009
    what?
  • edited July 2009
    this movie sounds promising. And since I don't know much about Bone then if they screw it up I won't notice...
  • edited August 2009
    I just hope its 2-D animated, to make it feel like the comics. I personally think 3D couldn't do justice for Bone getting a movie.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.