McFarlane Toys Have Announced a Lee Everett Figure

McFarlane Toys have announce a Lee Everett action figure

enter image description here

At the moment you will only be able to buy it from New York Comic Con but you will probably be able to purchase it online at a later date.

http://www.skybound.com/the-lee-everett-action-figure/

Personally i don't think it looks that much like him so i am unsure if i am going to buy it yet.

Comments

• Yay, Lee! It's him! Except the head.

• YES!! He'll look awesome next to my Clem! Please do Kenny next I beg you!! :D
  • edited October 2015
    Ahahaha yes! Interchangeable amputate-able arm! I was waiting for them to make one of these lolol!

Though I have to agree with you on how it doesn't really look like him; to put it bluntly, he doesn't really look as dark-skinned and dark-haired as he seems to be in the game. In fact, it looks like they've modeled the figure off of the picture of Lee on that packaging, right down to the eyebrows. I do like the details on the clothes though and the blood splatter effect, similar to the Clem figure.
  • DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    They could honestly do with improving the head a bit. Rest of it looks spot-on, though.
  • And omg, omg! Lol look at the little stickers on the walkie talkieee!

• Looks better than Clem did.

Excuse my bluntness, but I just cannot figure out any better way to say this, so I'm just gonna say it: he doesn't look black enough.
  • The face looks off to me, and his skin doesn't look dark enough. But the details on the rest of it, damn pretty. The detachable arm though is so cool It's about time they made one on Lee. I wonder if they'll do anymore in the future.

Say, can they make one of Luke now? >.> you know, with some plastic ice cubes in the packet as his accessory item? In fact they should do a bunch of them. Kenny can have the detachable beard with both a little boat and rubber ducky accessories, while Jane can have a nail file and a survival manual of 'Why not to hide babies in a ZA from slightly unhinged people'.

Make it happen Skybound, make it happeeeeeen.

No, they need to make a Ben figure

Complete with a set of doors

with a removable hatchet

Lilacsbloom posted: »

The face looks off to me, and his skin doesn't look dark enough. But the details on the rest of it, damn pretty. The detachable arm though i

• YES! And the expression on his face resembling this:

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k589/BrainBoxLtd/BenHatchet_zpsde33d352.png

Deltino posted: »

No, they need to make a Ben figure Complete with a set of doors with a removable hatchet

• He looks.... too light.

• Pretty Much

Excuse my bluntness, but I just cannot figure out any better way to say this, so I'm just gonna say it: he doesn't look black enough.

• Holy hell, that's cool. I'm not an action figure person, but that looks like something even I'd want.

• I. WANT. IT!!! ^-^

• edited October 2015

damn, i didn't think they would make a lee figure, so i got the clementine figure, humm i may have to think about getting this.

pic of the clementine figure

http://pre02.deviantart.net/3833/th/pre/f/2014/361/3/a/clementine_action_figure_2_by_thestalkinghead-d8besho.png

• edited October 2015

The scary thing is, these promotion pictures always have the figure look a lot better than the actual thing you'll receive. Clementine's looked near perfect in the promotion pics, and look were that went.

What I want to say is that this model, in comparison, does already look more flawed than the promotions for Clem, which probably means the end result will be pretty horrendous.

• Ah brilliant! Wanted a Lee one forever, I'll be getting this as soon as it's available.

edited October 2015

I've been looking at this a bit more, and on second thought, I really don't think there's a problem with his face. I think the reason it looks off is because it doesn't have any of the detail lines that he does in the game: the outlines of his forehead crinkles, cheeks, nose, bags around his eyes, his scribbled stubble, etc.

To test that theory, I shittily drew over the figure in MS Paint a bit. It's not perfect, but as soon as you start adding that detail, the more like Lee it starts to look. Mileage may vary, though. In fact I'm guessing most people are going to think it looks worse. To me though (obviously), it looks a lot closer to Lee's design than the original figure.

enter image description hereenter image description here

• Looks worse.

I've been looking at this a bit more, and on second thought, I really don't think there's a problem with his face. I think the reason it loo

• this figure looks so much like Spartacus (Andy Whitfield version).

• edited October 2015

Adding on to your artistic touches, how 'bout something like this? I just darkened his hair and his skin tone a bit.

Lol I haven't played with MSPaint in forever. Whoops, my finger slipped...

Spiffy Lee is spiffily dressed! Whoo! XD

I've been looking at this a bit more, and on second thought, I really don't think there's a problem with his face. I think the reason it loo

• I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who thought so.

• actually i agree (maybe slightly better done) however this may just be one of the problems that can come with the production of these things, those lines would probably add much more time and require much more skill to put on a figure, it would likely more than double the cost.

also the axe should have red paint on it.

• yeah, human males all look the same

Brodester08 posted: »

this figure looks so much like Spartacus (Andy Whitfield version).

On the bright side, if you're a real go-getter, you can just buy the figure and paint them on yourself for the bragging rights

Which is something I am 100% not planning to do in any way shape or form

nope

actually i agree (maybe slightly better done) however this may just be one of the problems that can come with the production of these things

• edited October 2015

if i got 1 and got one free i would, but they are too expensive for me to potentially ruin one.

i wish this person painted them:

awesome paint jobs

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal05/2012/5/14/12/enhanced-buzz-8839-1337013851-10.jpg

On the bright side, if you're a real go-getter, you can just buy the figure and paint them on yourself for the bragging rights Which is something I am 100% not planning to do in any way shape or form nope

• This looks really cool! I feel like his skin should be darker however.

• I know, right. Why Telltale is making the skin tone so light?

Lilacsbloom posted: »

The face looks off to me, and his skin doesn't look dark enough. But the details on the rest of it, damn pretty. The detachable arm though i

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The official Walking Dead twitter account posted a closer pic of Lee in the box and he does look slightly darker than he does in promotional photo.

• I'm tempted to use that as my profile picture...

sialark posted: »

Adding on to your artistic touches, how 'bout something like this? I just darkened his hair and his skin tone a bit. Lol I haven't played with MSPaint in forever. Whoops, my finger slipped... Spiffy Lee is spiffily dressed! Whoo! XD

• No... why...

• He looks white. The skin color and the facial features are disoriented

• Better... much better...

Adding on to your artistic touches, how 'bout something like this? I just darkened his hair and his skin tone a bit. Lol I haven't played with MSPaint in forever. Whoops, my finger slipped... Spiffy Lee is spiffily dressed! Whoo! XD

• Lol I'd be honored and flattered if you did. XD

CosmicSouls posted: »

I'm tempted to use that as my profile picture...

• edited October 2015

I WOULD... if I didn't love my current one so much. Sorry :P

Lol I'd be honored and flattered if you did. XD

• Lol no prob. XD What is your current one, anyway?

CosmicSouls posted: »

I WOULD... if I didn't love my current one so much. Sorry :P

Adding on to your artistic touches, how 'bout something like this? I just darkened his hair and his skin tone a bit.

Your example (on top of being better than mine) is pretty much what I was trying to get at in my post. Simple touch-ups to the base figure fix almost all the problems: some outlines, and a darker skin tone, and it's nearly perfect. No major changes to anything, just some paint-overs.

• A character from Watch_Dogs, his name is Defalt, a reference to Deadmau5.

Lol no prob. XD What is your current one, anyway?

• Why all these figures look derpy?

OzzyUK posted: »

The official Walking Dead twitter account posted a closer pic of Lee in the box and he does look slightly darker than he does in promotional photo. https://twitter.com/TheWalkingDead/status/650113347124236288

• Good on you, sir!

papai46 posted: »

A character from Watch_Dogs, his name is Defalt, a reference to Deadmau5.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.