The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I respectfully disagree. those feminists are the core of the movement, they are the people riling everyone up and pointing out the next targets to exact their judgement upon. Without them, the movement would not be as big and influential as it is. Feminism is no longer needed in the present, all it is nowadays is people whining/throwing tantrums over not getting catered to.

Feminism in its true form is good. It's the extremists who call themselves feminists that give it a bad name.

• One day...Who am I kidding, we're stuck with these dumbass people ruining the world.

Markd4547 posted: »

Let them know how you feel about their association with someone who dedicates their free time to purposely talking over, triggering and bull

• edited December 2014

Personally, I lost some respect for Emma Watson after this speech. The "Feminism is about gender equality, I don't think people know what true Feminism is, allow me to give you the dated dictionary definition of it as though that will excuse all the atrocities my movement has committed presently <3 " schitck has been done to death. It's all bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-iFl4qhBsE Well depends Emma Watson is one of the goods ones I think like any group you get people who

• Emma Watson is the only modern day Feminist I like that actually lives in a country not oppressing women... AI, First World Countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-iFl4qhBsE Well depends Emma Watson is one of the goods ones I think like any group you get people who

• ...Tick tock...Tick tock....Tick tock...

I'm sitting in my room listening to Disney songs....I wish my GF would text me...

• I'm still listening to Disney songs and I must say that The Princess and the Frog is my favorite Disney movies...I look at the comments...Racial Arguments...

Ugh.

• ♬♪♫ Life is short, when you're done you're done, we're on this Earth to have some fun ♬♪♫

Alt text

I'm still listening to Disney songs and I must say that The Princess and the Frog is my favorite Disney movies...I look at the comments...Racial Arguments... Ugh.

• That's true, but what you're talking about is different. You're talking about people who discriminate against men - the ones who say that discrimination is the only way to prove a point. That's not true. True feminism is about equality. Not discrimination or superiority. You're overgeneralizing. Just because there are people who think a certain way, doesn't mean we all do.

Tinni posted: »

I respectfully disagree. those feminists are the core of the movement, they are the people riling everyone up and pointing out the next targ

• I've been awake for almost 2 days now...

Alt text

• edited December 2014

You can't just go saying that the feminists who commit such disgusting acts aren't "real" feminists. They identify as feminists, they align themselves with that movement, they are doing these things in the name of Feminism, they are feminists whether you want them to be or not. Saying "oh, they aren't true feminists" does not negate the terrible things they have done for and because of Feminism. And you do realize that the majority of the Feminist movement fights against men's rights don't you? That the foundation of modern Feminism is that they honestly believe there is a Patriarchy, and that men get more privileges than women, so now they're hellbent on taking rights/privileges away from men, hence the reason why Feminism is now known for hating men and wanting them all to die? Of course, this is excluding the male "white knights", who are constantly putting down their own gender, apologizing for their gender, groveling to feminists even though they did nothing wrong, and just overall being complete wimps. If you honestly believe Feminism is about equality, then go right on ahead. But I sincerely encourage educating yourself more thoroughly on the nature of the Feminist movement.

That's true, but what you're talking about is different. You're talking about people who discriminate against men - the ones who say that di

• Go the fuck to sleep mang

I've been awake for almost 2 days now...

• Alt text

Gary-Oak posted: »

Go the fuck to sleep mang

• Immortal is the best creature

Motherfucker we are watching the Creatures. Gorilla Shit The Creator Pepisman FarCry 4 The Creature Hub: https://www.youtube.

• I'm not saying that the people who do these things don't identify as feminists. They do believe they are feminists. What I'm saying is that they're wrong; their idea of what feminism is isn't correct. Someone can hate black people but not be part of the KKK. That's the same idea. Just because they identify as feminists, it doesn't automatically make them one.

What about the good things about feminism? What about Susan Anthony and her movement that gave women the right to vote? What about the injustice women face every day in daily life, or all the double standards? The lower pay? The blame of rape victims? Arranged marriages, slavery? Feminists fight to right these injustices. You can't say feminism is wrong, as a woman yourself.

You're right, there are people who claim to be feminists who do these things, but that doesn't mean we're ALL like that.

You can't just go saying that the feminists who commit such disgusting acts aren't "real" feminists. They identify as feminists, they align

• So why call it Feminism?

Want to work towards real equality? Call it Equalism.

That's true, but what you're talking about is different. You're talking about people who discriminate against men - the ones who say that di

• Fuckin' hell, Mark wants me to post here so here you go mate.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited December 2014

Oh please, someone who models like she does than bitches about people treating her like a piece if meat can't really make a good case in my book.

• I can call it whatever I want. I still know what it is and what it isn't.

AWESOMEO posted: »

So why call it Feminism? Want to work towards real equality? Call it Equalism.

edited December 2014

Sorry I'm a man!

smack

Sorry I'm white!

smack

Sorry I'm a man!

smack

Sorry I'm white!

smack

You can't just go saying that the feminists who commit such disgusting acts aren't "real" feminists. They identify as feminists, they align

• edited December 2014

Hm... what does that sound like?

"Well she was wearing that dangerously short skirt... no wonder she was raped!"

Please, give me a break. Everyone deserves respect.

Oh please, someone who models like she does than bitches about people treating her like a piece if meat can't really make a good case in my book.

edited December 2014

I'm not blaming rape victims for being raped, and I'm not saying she doesn't deserve respect if she models half-naked.

Just saying that if you model half-naked, don't be surprised when people notice it, if it's your intention to look appealing to men and go on a shooting for a magazine, don't be surprised when some creeps jack-off to it.

She can't model like this:

Alt text

and then say that it's disgusting when men act like horndogs around her, she pushed the buttons that made them horny, and believe it or not, it's hard for them not to be horny when you try to make them horny.

She can't complain about things like that if she goes to model half naked, that's like baking a cake, putting it in front of my face and calling me a fatass when I start to drool.

Hm... what does that sound like? "Well she was wearing that dangerously short skirt... no wonder she was raped!" Please, give me a break. Everyone deserves respect.

• edited December 2014

So that automatically means her case isn't true? Because she made a couple of men horny? Her point is that she wants women to be equal to men. Just because she wears revealing clothes like that doesn't mean she shouldn't be able to get it. I don't see half-naked men get beat down for wearing a speedo in a fashion magazine.

I'm not blaming rape victims for being raped, and I'm not saying she doesn't deserve respect if she models half-naked. Just saying that i

• If feminists want to make a point, they shouldn't send someone who says someting and does another.

And its a known biological fact that men had always been hornier than women, there's a reason most of the naked humans on magazines would be women and not men, because men are a lot easier to appeal to.

And I personally think those males are douchebags if they model like that and then go against women who do the same.

So that automatically means her case isn't true? Because she made a couple of men horny? Her point is that she wants women to be equal to me

• If feminists want to make a point, they should send a woman. Because in this case, any woman's opinions matter, regardless of her actions.

And its a known biological fact that men had always been hornier than women

That's not always the case. I think men and women are both the same when it comes to that. Society just pressures women to be less vocal about it.

If feminists want to make a point, they shouldn't send someone who says someting and does another. And its a known biological fact that m

• If this is to end in fire, we should all die together, watch the flames climb high into the night.

edited December 2014

Any woman's opinion? Even those who some don't see fit as "real feminists"? What about woman who changed genders? What categorizes a female fit to talk for feminists?

If feminists want to make a point, they should send a woman. Because in this case, any woman's opinions matter, regardless of her actions.

• We gladiate but I guess we're really fighting ourselves, roughing up our minds so we're ready when the kill time comes, wide awake in bed, words in my brain, "Secretly you love this do you even wanna go free?", let me in the ring, I'll show you what that big word means.

• Yes. Any woman. The ones who claim to be "feminists" still have a voice, they just choose to use it wrongly. Transgendered women are still women, as long as they classify as one.

Any woman's opinion? Even those who some don't see fit as "real feminists"? What about woman who changed genders? What categorizes a female fit to talk for feminists?

• Gustav_KennyGustav_Kenny Banned
    edited December 2014

Everything I say falls right back into everything.

• edited December 2014

Everything I say falls right back into everything

I'm not in the swing of things, but what I really mean is "not in the swing of things yet"

Everything I say falls right back into everything.

• You and I were friends from outer space, afraid to let go, the only 2 who understood this place, and as far as we know, we were way before our time, as bold as we were blind, just another perfect mistake, another bridge to take, on the way of letting go, but this ain't goodbye.

• So if the one to speak was a feminist you find to be wrong, it would still count as the feminist voice, whilst according to you, sending a man with the same views as "feminists" wouldn't be ok, because he's not a "woman".

People allowed to speak for a group no matter what their views are, as long as they're one gender and not the other?

That's what you feminists would call "double standards".

Yes. Any woman. The ones who claim to be "feminists" still have a voice, they just choose to use it wrongly. Transgendered women are still women, as long as they classify as one.

• Shake it up, shake up the happiness! Wake it up, wake up the happiness! Come on ya'll, it's Christmas time!

• edited December 2014

You're putting words into my mouth. I didn't say only women were allowed to speak for feminism. You asked me "what categorizes a female fit to talk for feminists?" and I answered it. I said that they should send a woman because, in this case, Emma Watson is a woman, and so I was speaking in terms of women. Of course men can speak up for feminism. In fact, it's encouraged.

So if the one to speak was a feminist you find to be wrong, it would still count as the feminist voice, whilst according to you, sending a m

• But Emma isn't fit to talk for feminists if that's what you're saying, because of what I said earlier about her.

If feminists want to make a point, they should send a woman. Because in this case, any woman's opinions matter, regardless of her actions.

sounded like you you encouraged women to speak, not men.. Don't know how else I should have taken that sentence.

You're putting words into my mouth. I didn't say only women were allowed to speak for feminism. You asked me "what categorizes a female fit

• I'm encouraging women to speak, because you said that Emma Watson wasn't allowed to, because of her previous actions. So I countered that by saying that ANY woman should speak, if not Emma than anyone else. I guess I could have worded that differently, but the meaning is the same. Any woman should speak for the rights of women. Any HUMAN should, not just women. But in this case, because Emma Watson is a woman, any woman at all could have just as easily taken her place.

But Emma isn't fit to talk for feminists if that's what you're saying, because of what I said earlier about her. If feminists want to

• If Emma goes to do what she does and then speak for all women, I can't take her seriously.

I'm encouraging women to speak, because you said that Emma Watson wasn't allowed to, because of her previous actions. So I countered that by

• Well, sorry for that, but her opinions have weight, despite what you think.

If Emma goes to do what she does and then speak for all women, I can't take her seriously.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.