The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Thanks you :) Finally, a club I can fit into!

Acheive250 posted: »

Happy Birthday! You may now join my club of friend-less 16 year olds. We gotta stick together, y'know? (Interstellar is a great movie, BTW)

• Sadly, I'm the only one among my schoolmates. None of them even got me a present, duh.

Melton23 posted: »

I thought I was the only friendless 16 year old. Then again, not friendless, my friends are just all dickheads.

• Thanks)

iFoRias posted: »

Happy birthday dude

• Thanks a lot!

AronDracula posted: »

Happy Birthday

• WHYYYY

Eh, thanks anyway :P

WarpSpeed posted: »

Happy Birthday! Here's something embarrassing from four years ago! https://telltale.com/community/discussion/73475/the-walking-dead-fanf

• Sadly, it was the exact day my mom's studies start (she's soon to become a psychotherapist) so she only came home at the evening. We did have a nice cake with some tea. My dad came to visit too with a new phone as a present. Sadly, my sister lives in another city but I'll see her next month, I hope. My family is small but they love me a lot so that's something :)

Happy birthday! Yeah, I know what you mean, those "special ages" don't really feel that special... I prefer to stay home for my birthday,

• Thanks. You're goddamnd right.

Happy birthday. Believe me, spending your day at home without the fear of socializing with other people is the best thing imaginable.

• Thanks!

MegaXD posted: »

Happy birthday!

• Oh yeah, it's Valentine's Dy, greeeaaaaat. More importantly, it's Ash Wednesday, remember to go get your ashes.

• Get ashes... Sure! Time to go make some! ??? ???

Oh yeah, it's Valentine's Dy, greeeaaaaat. More importantly, it's Ash Wednesday, remember to go get your ashes.

• Do your stories have some light moments in it to break it up, or a good reason for the darkness and madness? A moral to the story? A light at the end of the tunnel? A small reward every now and then for the characters who stick out the tough times?

Shit, man. Why are all my stories so dark? I can't seem to write anything but really dark stories and it's depressing! I wish I could wri

• Awww that's really sweet what you said about your family. :)

Sadly, it was the exact day my mom's studies start (she's soon to become a psychotherapist) so she only came home at the evening. We did hav

• I like the way you think.

Get ashes... Sure! Time to go make some! ??? ???

• English muffins & tea are actually a great combo. Pretty underrated :tongue:

• hooray another valentines day alone im so glad im not at work today seeing happy couples would depress the hell outta me im probably gonna watch some anime because its raining outside and im sad

• What @Psychokinesis said. A story doesn't need to be all happy, It can have almost everything be dark, but give a moment that just-- tears a hole in the darkness. Something to remind us what keeps them afloat from the grasping hands of pessimism and hopelessness.. Even if it's not themselves they're hoping for.

Heh.. Just thinking of the concept leaves me holding back tears... God I'm weird.

But sometimes, finding the balance is important. It doesn't feel good when you don't know when things will be good again, but that's what makes you want to cherish the moment. You don't know how long the good times will last, either, which can also add to the moment.

What you want to focus on also affects how many dark moments you want to put in. If you want give more details about the brighter side of life, like more social commentary and character interaction, limit the dark sides and give more neutral moments. If you want to turn the focus on how the world can really be like, and shattering our sense of what life truly is, bring on the dark.

But hey. This is coming from someone who doesn't really write stories.

Shit, man. Why are all my stories so dark? I can't seem to write anything but really dark stories and it's depressing! I wish I could wri

• Valentine’s Day... the loneliest and most depressing time of the year. I’m living the life tho, feet kicked up with pancakes messing around in roblox wearing pink underwear and a stormtrooper helmet. Living the life amarite?

hooray another valentines day alone im so glad im not at work today seeing happy couples would depress the hell outta me im probably gonna watch some anime because its raining outside and im sad

• Roblox you say? Remind me again, what type of Roblox games do you play? I recently picked up playing the popular "Pizza Place" game. It was pretty fun, I was always the best employee. No surprise there

Valentine’s Day... the loneliest and most depressing time of the year. I’m living the life tho, feet kicked up with pancakes messing around in roblox wearing pink underwear and a stormtrooper helmet. Living the life amarite?

• Happy Valentine's Day to everyone who has a boyfriend/girlfriend and is not lonely like me hahaha time to stay in home the whole day so I won't need to see all the happy couples and feel miserable

• edited February 2018

Was playing this role playing game where I was fighting someone and none of us would accept the terms and die. Remember being a kid and playing army or something on the playground, but the guy u are shooting won’t fall over and it turns into a big “I shot you so fall and die” argument? Yeah, basically that. Although I only play the game anymore just for laughs, I sometimes enjoy it when they aren’t throwing out updates that make the game even worse, such as the removal of tickets and the genre search tab .
    I’m a huge fan of role play, no matter what game it is, digital or physical, I’d probably love it.

Roblox you say? Remind me again, what type of Roblox games do you play? I recently picked up playing the popular "Pizza Place" game. It was pretty fun, I was always the best employee. No surprise there

• I can see it having it's moments. I pretty much only play for the laughs, too. The pizza game was funny for me because most the other employees were just trolls throwing pizzas in the floor and setting the place on fire by shoving themselves in the ovens. I kept having to clean up after them and telling the manager to fire them (ban them). And trying to work the supply delivery is glitchy as shit :lol:.

There's also another game called Lost in the Jurassic, where you kill dinos and use the points to buy bigger and better weapons. It is such a toxic community with it's friendly fire, but it's gameplay is fantastic (and glitchy as hell). If you know how to glitch the game, you can ride a T-rex and have it kill other players by walking over them. :joy:
    I don't know how you can top that

Also, I've had a max builder club membership for the past few months, and I know have 5000 Robux I don't know what to do with, any ideas?

Was playing this role playing game where I was fighting someone and none of us would accept the terms and die. Remember being a kid and play

• edited February 2018

Mods? What did I say that made you delete my comment? iS RoBloX TOo pOLiTICaL FOr yoU?

• One question for Bloodborne players: Does the clothing matter for our strategy in the game or you take the same damage from your enemies no matter what you wear?

• I wish people would just be more tactful when discussing controversial issues. Respectfulness and maturity are both mandatory when dealing with sensitive topics and anyone who thinks otherwise should not be given a say in serious matters. It's a shame that the rule-abiding have to be penalized for the faults of the toxic.

• edited February 2018

I'm not in a very positive mood. It has nothing to do with Valentine's Day(or yesterday's events). I didn't even realise it was coming until someone said something on twitter last night. That probably doesn't help though. I'll be alright. I'm not fishing for sympathy. Hard to justify feeling sorry for yourself at 34. I like it here though and felt like saying something.

Edit: See, I'm in a good mood for now. You folks cheer me up(well, get my mind off things).

• Shit. That got depressing pretty quickly.

Thanks you Finally, a club I can fit into!

• @Psychokinesis and @Zombiekiller3121

I mean, most of my stories do have lighter moments generally when developing character relationships, but the one I'm writing at the moment has literally NO room for happiness. Like, it wouldn't make sense, at all.
    Well, actually, there are some bits that might be considered happy, but at that point you already know the depressing truth of it and what comes after, so... Eh. We'll see how it goes.

Do your stories have some light moments in it to break it up, or a good reason for the darkness and madness? A moral to the story? A light at the end of the tunnel? A small reward every now and then for the characters who stick out the tough times?

• Many writers have had long careers dragging their characters through the mud continuously.

@Psychokinesis and @Zombiekiller3121 I mean, most of my stories do have lighter moments generally when developing character relationships

• I post one whenever I see a comment that pisses me off :p

But I also do it because they’re cute as fuck.

AChicken posted: »

What is it with you and all the doggo (and occasional kitto) gifs lately? I'm not complaining, keep 'em coming!

• That moment is when Johro realized the GIFs have been posted right after his comments the last three time.

lupinb0y posted: »

I post one whenever I see a comment that pisses me off But I also do it because they’re cute as fuck.

Johro posted: »

That moment is when Johro realized the GIFs have been posted right after his comments the last three time.

• Finally Valentine’s Day, the most depressing day of the year, has ended! ?

• Pretty good movie.

WARNING: Spoiler's for the Move: Coco

A lot of people I've talked to about it talk about how sad it is and that they cried a lot. And although I came close during the movie, I didn't cry at the end. I mean... What's to cry about? It was a nice, happy ending.

So I watched Coco...

• I've been pretty good, actually. That's new. Feeling excited, yet at the same time, so very anxious about life. It's, uhh, kinda nice.

Hope you're doing okay.

Yeah, lol. I've been hanging in. How have you been?

• I think it was more tears of joy rather than tears of sadness. At least, that’s the reason I choked up.

Pretty good movie. WARNING: Spoiler's for the Move: Coco (Spoiler)

• Ah, that makes sense.

I think it was more tears of joy rather than tears of sadness. At least, that’s the reason I choked up.

• I was trying very hard to hold back manly tears during COCO, but alas it was just too good.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited February 2018

Surf’s Up memes are the future. I’m calling it right now. I have to predict this as a citizen of the Internet. I am the origin of this.

I mean look at this guy:

• I support this

Surf’s Up memes are the future. I’m calling it right now. I have to predict this as a citizen of the Internet. I am the origin of this. I mean look at this guy:

• I've been watching the film Hush on Netflix, and it's one of the few films that had me feeling anxious from beginning to end, mainly due to how having a hearing disability means that you need to be made more aware of the dangers around you, especially in your own home.

The main character is a deaf-mute, and the idea of living on my own, not being able to hear anything at all, and not realize that a burglar has just sneaked into the same room as I was moments ago terrifies me.

I definitely enjoyed this film more than I did with Cloverfield Paradox.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.