The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• WOW you must have a lot of money to not be taken aback by a price like that and freely give away your credit card to anyone that asks for it. ...Actually, on second thought, you shouldn't have any money at all. But who am I to judge?

That must definitely be some fancy, high-grade fresh jersey cow milk imported from Europe, well worth the money! I doubt that it could have possibly contributed to your feelings of sickness. I will defend his milk in the name of CHOCOLATE MILK.

He sounds like he’s having it rough, but he is a very legitimate milk salesman, I bet my credit card on it. Whenever I visit him again, that is. It’s so crazy, one cup of chocolate milk costs the same as a flat screen TV, who would have thought?

• It should be illegal to get exposed to something this Cute

Curse you Reddit

• "Silver linings." ...Wait, are you being sarcastic? :D

When you deprive yourself of sleep so that you don't have the energy to be as anxious, are you still able to enjoy yourself, or not?

Well, having less sleep than usual did help with one thing. Between the effort it took to stay awake and alert, and trying not to cough, I d

• More truth, but I like to make it seem like a joke.

I say it's more half and half. Sometimes it just makes me feel terrible and other times it gives this sense of detachment from the world that feels comfortable to experience every now and then. Same with times that I decide the fast for a few days, but the highs and lows are much more noticable.

"Silver linings." ...Wait, are you being sarcastic? When you deprive yourself of sleep so that you don't have the energy to be as anxious, are you still able to enjoy yourself, or not?

• A yellow rose means just-friends, but she might read things into it anyway. A red rose is just, Hi, this is a reminder of what you don't have. Basically, there's a lot of ways it could go wrong, so I'd advise against it.

If you want to get her a token gift, visit the dollar store's silly-stuff section, and get something that reminds you of her.

Johro posted: »

Scenario: A divorced friend of mine invited me to lunch because we haven't seen each other in a while(FOREVER for most of you, it's been ov

• Yeah, yeah, we’ve all used the just friends excuse when we totally don’t mean that ? yeah, you should totally do that rose thing, I’d be pretty excited if ANYONE gave me a rose out of the blue

Johro posted: »

Scenario: A divorced friend of mine invited me to lunch because we haven't seen each other in a while(FOREVER for most of you, it's been ov

• My secret has been exposed, I am no rich man, I am but a poor young woman who enjoys lounging around drinking chocolate milk. For knowing my secret, I reward you with the eternal blessing of always mixing the perfect chocolate milk, an art that takes YEARS to perfect.

WOW you must have a lot of money to not be taken aback by a price like that and freely give away your credit card to anyone that asks for it

• My little dog can’t eat the treats that the big dog does because he’s on a strict diet for a sickness he has. He hates the diet, but I don’t want to sneak him any treats that the big dog eats because they’re not really good for him either way. Instead, I feed him certain vegetables and fruits that I’ve done some research on. It’s something I also did for a dog we had that passed away while she was on a special diet.

Blueberries are on his treat list and they’re actually his favorite, like this dog begs for blueberries more than anything. I’m convinced that he’s not actually a dog and just a really overgrown guinea pig.

• edited February 2018

So. The riveting conclusion to the rose scenario:

The rose actually didn't survive the night. It was too cold. I picked up a few carnations and brought those. It went fine. I think she was just taken back by the surprise. She appreciated them, thanked me, and put them in her vase of previously artificial flowers.

I think it was a nice thing to do. I'm glad I did it. We hung out and chatted for a couple hours after lunch, it didn't seem like it bothered her at all. Keep in mind that we've known each other for 15 years. I would also not suggest this for people you don't know too well.

• I'm very confused by the part of the Doctor Who fanbase who hate the overalls on the new Doctor because they look tacky. but I don't see any complaints for one of the older Doctors who literally had a stick of celery pinned to his lapel.

• edited February 2018

Just finished season one of American Horror Story...

Ohhh boy...

Tate was the best character. He could be very emotional at times and at others a cold-hearted killer. I found him very interesting. I'm still sad over what happened to him in the end. He always tried to do what he thought was right... Right?

Is there a "What are you watching right now?" thread? I feel like we need one...

• Hey, that's a great idea!

Acheive250 posted: »

Just finished season one of American Horror Story... Ohhh boy... (Spoiler) Is there a "What are you watching right now?" thread? I feel like we need one...

• Oh, thank you, I very much appreciate the chocolate milk blessing but I am quite humble with my chocolate milk craft already. I think I will pay it forward and give it to someone that needs it. ( ...Like poor Mr. Shady Milkman) :)

My secret has been exposed, I am no rich man, I am but a poor young woman who enjoys lounging around drinking chocolate milk. For knowing my

• edited February 2018

Who would'a known that a comment about chocolate milk would spark such conversation?
    This community is amazing.

I'm gonna give it a go...
    I'm eating ice cream for dessert, even though I'm still full from dinner. I am the definition of the word "mistake".

• I'm planning on working a 9 hour shift without breakfast or lunch. I am the definition of the word "mistake".

• edited February 2018

Aargh, I need a bit of help. I probably should know this but I don't. What is a fleet discount with car sales? I've been working on this math test for days I tell you, DAYS! And it's talking about percentages and fleet discounts and Sally's shopping blah blah
    The context it's in is: Purchase 4 new cars - $10,000 each less an 14% discount. I don't get it.

• Holy shit. I just searched up the definition of "mistake" and look what I found:

• Aaaw... is everything okay? :(

"I acheived him for the mayor" lol what :D

Holy shit. I just searched up the definition of "mistake" and look what I found:

• Ask the person who wrote that stuff! I was thinking the same thing!

Aaaw... is everything okay? "I acheived him for the mayor" lol what

• edited February 2018

Ah, okay. Is this asking you to figure out the normal selling price of the car, using the hint that 14% of the number is 10,000?

Did that make sense?

Aargh, I need a bit of help. I probably should know this but I don't. What is a fleet discount with car sales? I've been working on this mat

• edited February 2018

Ah ded, de-ent ah???

Ask the person who wrote that stuff! I was thinking the same thing!

• edited February 2018

... Um, no I still don't get it. Well those numbers aren't the actual numbers in the question, I changed them around so no one would give me the answer, but maybe that doesn't work because the numbers have to do with the--- I don't know.

And it's actually asking me a whole crap-ton of questions that I got to add up altogether but it's this part I don't get, is it an English error? "$10,000 each less an 14% discount"

Ah, okay. Is this asking you to figure out the normal selling price of the car, using the hint that 14% of the number is 10,000? Did that make sense?

• edited February 2018

Let's simplify your question to "$10,000 each less an 10% discount" (Yeah, I think that's an error)
    I think what they're asking you to figure out is the RRP of the car, using the hints of what it's sale price is.

If 10% of the RRP is 10,000. Multiply 10,000 by 10 (as that would add up to 100%) and you get $100,000, which would be the RRP. Does that make sense? I might not have even interpreted the question correctly, that's just how I saw it.

(Man, I've been helping a lot of people with maths lately...)

... Um, no I still don't get it. Well those numbers aren't the actual numbers in the question, I changed them around so no one would give me

• edited February 2018

I know right, who would've thought I'd be here getting math advice at this time of day?! By the way, thank you so far, I really appreciate it. :)

Hmm, I just noticed the OTHER question says "Purchase 2 cars - $15,500 each less a %18 fleet discount" ...does that make any more sense?

(I'm thinking I'm going to have to skip this question...)

Let's simplify your question to "$10,000 each less an 10% discount" (Yeah, I think that's an error) I think what they're asking you to figu

• Sometimes it can get too exhausting to care about anything and that feeling of detachment is like a way of temporarily escaping from it all. It's not the best solution, but yeah, I think I understand.

I wonder if there's a healthier way to distract yourself though?

More truth, but I like to make it seem like a joke. I say it's more half and half. Sometimes it just makes me feel terrible and other tim

• For "fleet discount" just read "bulk discount", the amount the seller takes off the price when you're willing to buy several.

I read the questions as saying here's the amount a single car would cost, but when you buy this number of them, they'll take this discount percentage off. You could do the problems that way, and write a note that you're not sure you understood the question, but this is what you think they want to know.

I know right, who would've thought I'd be here getting math advice at this time of day?! By the way, thank you so far, I really appreciate i

• ...Okay, now this is starting to get on the weird side.

lupinb0y posted: »

Your browser does not support HTML5 video! https://i.imgur.com/OI2SR8Z.gifv

• Where is any news about anything telltale related. Nothing about Batman, Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us. This is getting really annoying.

• Me after the latest episodes of Rebels

Damn you Dave Feloni.

• You’re very gracious and the chocolate milk gods will not forget this. Some fortune cookie will give you good results whenever you get one next, I’m out of fortune cookie strips myself.

Oh, thank you, I very much appreciate the chocolate milk blessing but I am quite humble with my chocolate milk craft already. I think I will pay it forward and give it to someone that needs it. ( ...Like poor Mr. Shady Milkman)

• edited February 2018

Hmm, thanks @WarpSpeed, I guess that kinda makes sense in relation to the other questions. I'll try it like that...

And thank you too @Acheive250, I don't think I explained the question properly, and quite frankly, I still don't understand the question properly, but the test is not super important. (in my opinion anyway) If I mess up then whatever, I should make up for it with my literacy. (unless im deloosionnol)

I appreciate your time :)

WarpSpeed posted: »

For "fleet discount" just read "bulk discount", the amount the seller takes off the price when you're willing to buy several. I read the

• You saw it too? ?

lupinb0y posted: »

Me after the latest episodes of Rebels Damn you Dave Feloni.

• Everything Acheive ever has and ever will do. Lmao,? this gave me a good laugh.?

Holy shit. I just searched up the definition of "mistake" and look what I found:

• edited February 2018

Can't find the old "Site update" thread for complaints and suggestions, so I'll just post it here. (edit: ooh how fitting for what this comment is about)

In the future, could we please have the secret search function a genuine feature on this site? It's nice to have right now, if you'd like to search for something, but it's far from perfect.
    It searches the entire catalog -- from most recent, to least recent -- by individual word, regardless of title or comment. It would work much better if you could set it to search for just a thread title, or comment, or mixture of the two.
    I like to keep things organised (at least I do on here), so having this function be a viable way of looking for a specific topic without creating an entirely new thread and segregating a new slew of comments would be great. Throwing that out there for the web team.

• Oh, she killed herself? Damn.

AronDracula posted: »

Yeah, regardless of the movies he directed like Batman V Superman, he didn't deserve to see his daughter commit suicide. It's so fucked up.

• Not only have I lost my Grandma yesterday when it had looked as if she was recovering from pneumonia, I've also found out that someone was stealing from her in the hospital she stayed in.

Never in my life have I felt so angry.

• I'm soo sorry for your loss, mate. Why the fuck would someone steal things from dying people? I can't even imagine. I hope that asshole gets caught.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Not only have I lost my Grandma yesterday when it had looked as if she was recovering from pneumonia, I've also found out that someone was stealing from her in the hospital she stayed in. Never in my life have I felt so angry.

• I’m sorry for your loss, you’ve got every single right to be angry. Whether dying or in perfect health, stealing from anyone of any age isn’t okay.

Not only have I lost my Grandma yesterday when it had looked as if she was recovering from pneumonia, I've also found out that someone was stealing from her in the hospital she stayed in. Never in my life have I felt so angry.

• That's horrible, I'm so sorry for your lost and that someone was stealing from her when she couldn't even do anything to stop it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.