The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Lol,? no it's not king. K is the first letter of my name.

Speaking of the "rule the Earth" thing, I've always read your username as "king". Does it stand for anything?

• Well I haven't seen anything else that's annoyed the shit out of me so it seems the torture has ended for now :pensive:

Apparantly Google was getting hit with bogus copyright lawsuit stuff so they just took away that feature. You can still just right click and open in a new tab anymore so it's just a minor inconvenience.

AChicken posted: »

Edit: well I got this to work at least.. @lupinb0y argh please no more Okay, anyone else's Google Images search become a lot more re

• I got my PS4 controller back. So happy playing Bloodborne again.

• Yeah, since your username is made of consonants, I have to add a vowel to be able to pronounce it (not that I pronounce it out-loud, mind you, just out-loud in my head) and I instinctively chose the "i" vowel for some reason. Of course, unless it's an initial then it'd be pronounced "Kay-En-Gee".

I'm kinda tired and so I'm just making things more complicated than it needs to be, sorry. :D

Kng0604 posted: »

Lol,? no it's not king. K is the first letter of my name.

• No need to be sorry.?

Yeah, since your username is made of consonants, I have to add a vowel to be able to pronounce it (not that I pronounce it out-loud, mind yo

• That is the perfect reaction.

Edit: well I got this to work at least.. @lupinb0y argh please no more Okay, anyone else's Google Images search become a lot more re

• Ah, merci, mon ami.

lupinb0y posted: »

Well I haven't seen anything else that's annoyed the shit out of me so it seems the torture has ended for now Apparantly Google was gett

• edited February 2018

You ever try to get out of a door in a public area but get wedged in between 2 other people? Yeah, my awkward life in a nutshell, folks! ?

• A human taco, if you will. It is pretty embarrassing. My favorite though is when you keep bumping into someone when trying to pass each other. A classic.

Melton23 posted: »

You ever try to get out of a door in a public area but get wedged in between 2 other people? Yeah, my awkward life in a nutshell, folks! ?

• Even more embarrassing when you are wearing a sixth form uniform while everyone else is still in secondary school and you’re in that human taco. Being in year 12 has it’s pro’s but it definitely has its drawbacks ?

A human taco, if you will. It is pretty embarrassing. My favorite though is when you keep bumping into someone when trying to pass each other. A classic.

• The best. But whenever I get that I start to move from side to side to see which way the other person will go. They follow my lead and do the same thing, forming the special "Awkward Shuffle". The best improv dance two people can share. ?

A human taco, if you will. It is pretty embarrassing. My favorite though is when you keep bumping into someone when trying to pass each other. A classic.

• Huh. Just noticed a spelling mistake in the OP of the thread.

If you just want to kick back and get to know other community members better, than this thread is the place to do so.

AHEM it should be -- "If you just want to kick back and get to know other community members better, then this thread is the place to do so."
    Used as a replacement for "In that case," then is the word to use. "Than" is for comparisons between things.
    I think I have this right...

• Fixed it.

Huh. Just noticed a spelling mistake in the OP of the thread. If you just want to kick back and get to know other community members be

• edited February 2018

You wrote it, didn't you? :p

Actually, it was probably vain or chris

Fixed it.

• Good spotting! I find it annoying when their are grammar mistakes like these...

Huh. Just noticed a spelling mistake in the OP of the thread. If you just want to kick back and get to know other community members be

• edited February 2018

Posting these has been oddly therapeutic for me when I come across something that upsets me. I'd be so focused on looking for cute shit to post that I'll have gotten over whatever dumb shit I saw.

• What have you been looking at over the past two weeks to make you post so many of these gifs? if I might ask...

Your browser does not support HTML5 video! https://i.imgur.com/lWAYMnS.gifv Posting these has been oddly therapeutic for me when I

• People on YouTube, Reddit and also sometimes people on this forum :p

But it's not like these things absolutely infuriate me they just kinda annoy me. Pretty much to give myself an excuse to post this stuff.

What have you been looking at over the past two weeks to make you post so many of these gifs? if I might ask...

• That puppy is adorable lol

Mwahahahaha Your browser does not support HTML5 video! https://i.imgur.com/EpvdsjM.gifv

• What happened to your conroller before?

AronDracula posted: »

I got my PS4 controller back. So happy playing Bloodborne again.

• First official game of Spring Training today, baseball is almost back baby, and my Yankees are looking to kick some ass.

• Looking t the rest of the AL East... Yeah, most likely. Doesn't look like we'll be getting a high end comp. Like 2-3 years ago.

First official game of Spring Training today, baseball is almost back baby, and my Yankees are looking to kick some ass.

• edited February 2018

My mom took it away from me so I can focus on exams in this month. I accomplished that and she gave me it back.

What happened to your conroller before?

• edited February 2018

I find it interesting that I'm discovering games, which Japanese developers proudly call "visual novels", actually have more involved gameplay than some games North American developers refuse to use that title on.

This isn't a shot at Telltale, because it's not just them. I've been playing a few foreign visual novels(which had sub-genres listed) and I've been surprised just how involved they are and just how much easier they are to lose.

I know that Japanese games(from JRPG experience) are generally more difficult than North American games, but I am surprised just how freely they use the term "visual novel". I'm not even talking about Steam. Directly on their websites, the games are called that. I really just find it curious how that term doesn't have the stigma it does over here. I felt like playing through a few stories, so I picked some up(WAY cheaper to buy directly than through Steam btw) which had sub-genres listed(I'm positive that there are some that are just clicking through a story as well) and wow. The first couple in which I tried, the sub-genre was actually more prevalent than the story aspect.

The first time I put on the first game, I've already had a few drinks, and I just kept getting a game over screen. Yeah, on a "visual novel". Again, it's an interesting culture gap. I guess that we, as North American gamers, just dislike losing more.

(Turning this into a PSA. Seriously, if you think you're "fine" to drive or make decisions while drinking, try to play a new strategy or stat sim while intoxicated. That'll knock your ego down a peg or two.)

• 3 years of professional art class(not school) and I wasn't as good as this guy. Sometimes, artists just overthink it. That's why you're either born with it or not.

Genius.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=MUAXFrhy-Zo Oh goodness...

• Finished watching Blade Runner 2049 recently.
    Too much to delve into right now, I need to think (or maybe sleep on it). But right now I think it's as good if not better than the original. Took the same world and feel of the original, and made it bigger. (literally in terms of the city)

The soundtrack was phenomenal. Probably the best part of the film. Awesome deep synth, mysterious music... All the panning shots of the mega-city were gorgeous. Eerie, but awe-inspiring.

• I own it; It's on my table right in front of me. I have not watched it yet, but as a big fan of the original, you have set lofty expectations.

I must ask, for the original, are you comparing it to the theatrical(human) or the director's cut(replicant) release?

Finished watching Blade Runner 2049 recently. Too much to delve into right now, I need to think (or maybe sleep on it). But right now I th

• edited February 2018

Do you even have to ask, puny human? :neutral:
    I'm talking about the Director's Cut/Final Cut.

Though it's been a few years since I last saw the film, so I don't remember the whole package. But I do say regardless, this sequel was quite the film. It deserves the name "Blade Runner". Hope you enjoy it.

Edit: I tend to be quite energized after watching something I love, so my opinions are usually exaggerated in the first few hours afterwards, but we'll see how I think of it over time. Good thing I stayed shut on plot details, don't want to spoil this movie for you!

Johro posted: »

I own it; It's on my table right in front of me. I have not watched it yet, but as a big fan of the original, you have set lofty expectations. (Spoiler)

• Sounds good to me. Now I just need to set aside a good 2.5 hours to full enjoy it. I know it's one of those films that I need to be in the mood to fully immerse myself in. I recently watched the original(director's cut, of course) and still love it. Nobody creates that dirty, grimy, futuristic look quite like Scott. That monologue, man. That monologue.

Do you even have to ask, puny human? I'm talking about the Director's Cut/Final Cut. Though it's been a few years since I last saw the

• edited February 2018

They do nail the atmosphere in this movie. So goooood.

(I watched the movie in an IMAX theatre, so the sound was humongous. Soundtrack=Epic)

ok I'll stop now. I've set expectations too high.
    [Brain: Sᴛᴏᴘ! Yᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ғᴀʀ! AHHH]

Just... when you do watch it, go in expecting more Blade Runner. I know it gives you that, at least.
    sigh

Johro posted: »

Sounds good to me. Now I just need to set aside a good 2.5 hours to full enjoy it. I know it's one of those films that I need to be in the

• I'm really enjoying Metal Gear Survive getting a lot of backlash. It isn't just a bad Metal Gear game, it's also a bad game in general for many reasons:

• It makes you pay 10$ for save lots unless you delete your official one. Can you believe it?
    • It forces you to use internet connection while playing this game.
    • The combat system is choppy, clunky and unsatisfying.
    • The zombie AI is easy, terrible and stupid. You can easily kill a horde of zombies by standing on a high ground and use the spear on every single one of them cause they don't know how to climb (They can run but they cannot climb?) or just build fences in front of them cause they're not smart enough to go around them unless you build them on an entrance.
    • The hunger and thirst systems are atrocious. Your character gets starved in 10 minutes every single time and when you're starving, you get a blurry vision which is annoying as shit.
    • The characters are flat and unlikable.
    • Pay-to-Win Microtransactions.

It clearly proves that Konami doesn't know how to make a Metal Gear game WITHOUT Kojima and ignored the controversies of SW Battlefront 2.

• When I had to do my exams, I relied on blackmailing my parents. Basically when they tried to take them away to make me revise, I just didn’t, but when they allowed me to play on my PS4 I revised for them. It was basically a win-win that way, and as long as I get my way everyone is happy :)

AronDracula posted: »

My mom took it away from me so I can focus on exams in this month. I accomplished that and she gave me it back.

• Well, look at you being able to control your parents :D

My sister tries to get what she wants, too. And we usually confront her on it because we can't trust her with anything.

When I had to do my exams, I relied on blackmailing my parents. Basically when they tried to take them away to make me revise, I just didn’t

• I do it with everyone, if they want something from me then they’ll also need to do something for me. Mutual benefits and all that.

Well, look at you being able to control your parents My sister tries to get what she wants, too. And we usually confront her on it because we can't trust her with anything.

• edited February 2018

Sure...

I've been always kind of a "Yes-man" So I wouldn't really know what that's like. Unless it's someone that really annoys me, I would at least try to help. Plus, the gratitude can be all that's really needed to do something for someone. It's enough to brighten my day, and I get a sweet high off that shit.

I do it with everyone, if they want something from me then they’ll also need to do something for me. Mutual benefits and all that.

• I moved on to NG+2 in Bloodborne and before that, I completed every single questline to make sure I didn't miss anything important. Also, Moon Presence wasn't that good for a boss, it took me 2 minutes to take him out.

• Telltale need improve their games Batman enemy within worst telltale game played so far they need complete revamp gameplay, plot, graphics all outdated full of bugs use have cool story to make up for it know they don't. They had something special just lazy writing now same formula. Use come this forum a lot but the games demoralise me now

• Like catching fish in a basket

Your browser does not support HTML5 video! https://i.imgur.com/J98J7HL.gifv

Sign in to comment in this discussion.