The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Dude this latest Star Wars rebels episode has me on the verge of losing my manlihood and crying for the remainder of today ?

• edited February 2018

Still a fan of mass effect to this day.I just saw a mod called Priority Earth Overhaul

It seems way better than the MEHEM mod which felt like a fanfiction to me.They're actually recruiting good voice actors,they are gonna restored cut content,and there's other "surprises" apparently.

• edited February 2018

I'll check it out, but with new dialogue, voice acting, etc, this sounds like even MORE fanfiction than either MEHEMs were. I still liked the final MEHEM a lot.

Granted the new "good ending" was a bit too much. I mean, the original "best ending" would have been fine(I mean without the kid obviously) if everyone didn't assume... What they did. Just editing that part would have been fine to me.

iFoRias posted: »

Still a fan of mass effect to this day.I just saw a mod called Priority Earth Overhaul It seems way better than the MEHEM mod which f

• Miami vs. North Carolina ending had fantastic ending. Less than 10 seconds left gave two clutch 3 pointers, including a nuts buzzer beater for Miami to win it. Damn fine ending.

• Just got done watching a french stop motion animated movie called My Life as a Zucchini.

It's really short, just over an hour, but it's a really great movie. The movie follows a group of orphans living in an orphanage but it focuses on Icare (or Zucchini as he likes to be called) who lived with his alcoholic mother being taken away. Man, the French do not fuck around when talking about some of the kids backstories and how they got there. This shit gets really dark but they don't linger too much on their unfortunate upbringings cause after all this is still a family movie. But one of them just straight up has PTSD from some implied sexual abuse.

Regardless of their screentime you will end up caring at least a little bit about every kid in the orphanage. Each of these kids has seen some shit, most particularly Simon (a red headed kid who's a bit of an asshole) and Camille (the new addition to the orphanage). There's also a bit of crude humor, though not much, that's played for laughs but is a bit disturbing considering who says it and the implications of their backstory.

There isn't really an overarching storyline. It pretty much just follows these kids living in the orphanage and their relationships with each other. Nice and simple. If you can get your hands on this movie I really highly recommend it.

• Took a nap with a pillow covering my face and had a dream where I was suffocating. Then I woke up and found I was suffocating. Nice.

• Maybe you're right,but i'm interested to see what this "restored cut content" is,the only thing i've seen which was cut in mass effect 3 was some lines when you talk to Anderson (about Shepard having childrens).

Johro posted: »

I'll check it out, but with new dialogue, voice acting, etc, this sounds like even MORE fanfiction than either MEHEMs were. I still liked t

• It's snowing heavily over here in the UK, and I've just finished shoveling my home's drive. Thankfully the snow has died down for now.

Oh, and I'm binge-watching DragonBall Z Abridged. Having a blast watching all 66 episodes on YouTube so far. Thank goodness for subtitles too.

• This must be the worst winter I've ever experienced. It never snowed in my town in December and January and it just starts to at the end of the season. It caused my school to close when I was supposed to get ready for simulations in March and not everyone from my family can reach my uncle's funeral.

• For everyone who owns a PS4. Sony finally did something right for Playstation Plus.

• My sub expired last month, been meaning to renew it sometime soon. Guess I'll have to in March. Best month I've seen.

AronDracula posted: »

For everyone who owns a PS4. Sony finally did something right for Playstation Plus.

• My media studies class in a nutshell is basically all of us coming up with the most absurd and most obscure theories you’ll ever find ever. We genuinely go into a deep analysis of flat earth theories and when we die we’re going to see a “game over” screen. Gotta looooove media.

• That's awesome. I've been wanting to play these games for awhile, but didn't get around to buying them. Next month's gonna be great.

For everyone who owns a PS4. Sony finally did something right for Playstation Plus.

• What’s the overall fun-level of that blood borne?

• The combat system, the weapons, various enemy types and bosses.

Melton23 posted: »

What’s the overall fun-level of that blood borne?

• edited February 2018

If I have enough memory space I may download it with my ps+ membership

The combat system, the weapons, various enemy types and bosses.

• Yeah so i looked outside and for the first time in 5 years it's snowing where i live and i don't even give a shit.I should be happy or anything but yeah no.

• edited February 2018

I would like to thank @Cocoa2736 , for just being a truly amazing person

He saw that I was a little down for the past few days and offered me his support when I thought I didn't need any. And then, he just did something I didn't expect at all. He offered me a gift to try and cheer me up. Just his intent was a priceless gift he had given. I'm so touched by it. I didn't take his gift, but he is willing to let others take it in my place.

I wish there were more people like him in this world. It's something that I want to be, but I let so many insecurities get in the way of it.

Let's give it up for my man, ~Cocoa~

In honor of him, I nominate @AronDracula to receive the gift. He's been going though some tough times with his recent Uncle's passing, and with weather complications making it hard for his family to come together and mourn his passing. He's had more of a reason to be down, yet he doesn't let any of his emotions get the better of him and lash out at the people of the forum. You are truly brave.

• The engineers were cut as well, which was restored in MEHEM(or another mod)... I ran ME3 with like 5 mods, so I'm not sure.

If they restore Legion, call me impressed. They were supposed to appear earlier , but there were no actual scenes left intact, only odd bits of reactionary dialogue.

iFoRias posted: »

Maybe you're right,but i'm interested to see what this "restored cut content" is,the only thing i've seen which was cut in mass effect 3 was some lines when you talk to Anderson (about Shepard having childrens).

• edited February 2018

Wreck-It-Ralph is back!

But I gotta say, I am unsure about this. The first movie was great in that it was a movie about video games and the characters that inhabit them. This... just looks like it was put in the same room with the Emoji Movie and made them breed.
    Not enough "game homage" like the first one had, just internet stuff. The previous movie was good in that it was actual "true" game worlds, and the characters would come and go within them. There was groundwork, and it was recognisable -- Tapper's bar being used, Sugar Rush being the Mario-Kart clone, that space bugs game being satire on FPSes... this is just the random personification of the internet. No groundwork to bounce off of. Random Wifi terminal, the "internet" looking like a giant mall... (And the company/product references? Holy moly that just looks kinda weird to me. All over the place, and unavoidable to the eye.)

Edit: Granted, this is only just the teaser. We have no idea what the actual plot will be, but hopefully it still stays in the gaming genre. I vaguely remember early interviews stating it'd focus on online games and the like. Maybe MMOs or something.
    But these jokes about the internet and "how it looks" feel old to me. Someone on Reddit said it best:

I just had flashbacks of the Futurama episode where they go online.
    -Flying over the city
    -Trying to avoid spam
    -Websites appearing as buildings
    -Heading into eBay for an auction
    -Heading into a video game (although the reaction cutaway was fucking hilarious)

• That's very flattering, thank you for the kind words but I don't think I deserve that kind of high praise. I'm glad you were so touched by the gift. I was just hoping it might brighten your day up a bit and it's nice to know that it did.

Have a good one :smile:

I would like to thank @Cocoa2736 , for just being a truly amazing person He saw that I was a little down for the past few days and offere

• edited March 2018

Went to the tram stop and waited a few minutes before a tram finally stopped by. A bunch of people were walking out so I stood by and waited til everyone left and when everyone did, I walked up to the door aaaandd...

The fucking door closed in front of my face. Then the tram left. Fuck you tram driver. I hope you stub your toe.

Also my debit card expired so I can't withdraw any money and I'll have to rely on the money I have in my wallet right now for the next few days.

• Oh my gosh, I think that little girl it shows at the end was baby Moana. I love Disney Easter egg.?

AChicken posted: »

Wreck-It-Ralph is back! But I gotta say, I am unsure about this. The first movie was great in that it was a movie about video games and

• Woke up this morning to see that there's more snow to be seen outside.

I don't think I've seen this much snow in years. Anyone who is reading this from the UK, keep warm and stay safe out there.

• It isnt a Easter egg, they reused Moana's baby model lol the animators do that a lot, if you want an example just look at Anna and Elsa, their faces are the exact same, changing the hair color and eye color.

Kng0604 posted: »

Oh my gosh, I think that little girl it shows at the end was baby Moana. I love Disney Easter egg.?

• I'm in the middle of the U.S., where there's currently no snow on the ground, but at work yesterday I was on a conference call with some people with the U.K., and one of them couldn't make it because he had to go rescue his kids from school. I guess today I should expect even less. Oh well, have fun in the snow!

RichWalk23 posted: »

Woke up this morning to see that there's more snow to be seen outside. I don't think I've seen this much snow in years. Anyone who is reading this from the UK, keep warm and stay safe out there.

• edited March 2018

My ears are cold. I’m wearing a where’s wally onesie with a Christmas tree jumper with bells on it and school socks. Fucken prepared m8

RichWalk23 posted: »

Woke up this morning to see that there's more snow to be seen outside. I don't think I've seen this much snow in years. Anyone who is reading this from the UK, keep warm and stay safe out there.

• Man, Rehab by Amy Winehouse did not age well.

• That bunny was adorable.

AChicken posted: »

Wreck-It-Ralph is back! But I gotta say, I am unsure about this. The first movie was great in that it was a movie about video games and

• Two nights ago I had a dream with Danny DeVito. I saw his bald head and I wanted to take a picture with him to show my friend, who is a big fan of him, but he said no and I didn’t get the picture.

• I wish i had dreams like you.

Two nights ago I had a dream with Danny DeVito. I saw his bald head and I wanted to take a picture with him to show my friend, who is a big fan of him, but he said no and I didn’t get the picture.

• Then it must've been a nightmare...

Two nights ago I had a dream with Danny DeVito. I saw his bald head and I wanted to take a picture with him to show my friend, who is a big fan of him, but he said no and I didn’t get the picture.

• I don't know, it seems like something Disney would call an Easter egg to me.

MegaXD posted: »

It isnt a Easter egg, they reused Moana's baby model lol the animators do that a lot, if you want an example just look at Anna and Elsa, their faces are the exact same, changing the hair color and eye color.

• Doubt it. Disney has a major case of same face syndrome.

Kng0604 posted: »

I don't know, it seems like something Disney would call an Easter egg to me.

• edited March 2018

Avatar fans rejoice: a new set of comics has officially been announced.

The first of which is set to be Part One of a new trilogy (making this the 6th in total) called Imbalance. It will feature new comic writer Faith Erin Hicks and new artist Peter Wartman, who will be replacing Gene Luen Yang and Gurihiru as the writer/artists. It will focus on the characters dealing with a conflict between benders and non-benders (fans of The Legend of Korra may enjoy this one as it appears to help lay more of the groundwork that set up the main conflict of Season 1). Set for release on October 10th.

The second set is more of an anthology series, entitled Team Avatar Tales (I would have preferred GAang tales, but that's just me). Following in the steps of The Lost Adventure comics from years ago, it will be a series of one shots that focus on both humorous adventures and deep reflections. Along with Hicks and Yang returning to write some of the stories, it will feature a bunch of different creators, possibly even some of the former writers (but that's just my speculation since they did the same thing with The Lost Adventure comics). Set for release on September 5th.

More info can be found here: http://ew.com/books/2018/02/26/dark-horse-announces-new-avatar-the-last-airbender-comics/

• edited March 2018

I'm downloading Dead Space 2 on Steam, it's got a short price. God, I hope it runs well on my computer.

EDIT: It WORKS!!! AMAZING!! But it forced me to make an EA account. Fucking EA.

• OH MY GOD IT'S HAPPENING
    Archer is back on April 25 for season 9 !

• Well, the new Weird Al single was pretty underwhelming. It's a polka(if you don't know, his polkas are medleys of other artist's songs done in a polka style) of songs from the musical, Hamilton, which I don't know.

It had a gunshot though(a semi-tradition of his polkas).

• I really like it, but I don't have any sort of attachment to Hamilton (never seen it) so I would have preferred a more traditional Weird Al polka.

Johro posted: »

Well, the new Weird Al single was pretty underwhelming. It's a polka(if you don't know, his polkas are medleys of other artist's songs done

• Oh I appreciated it. I just wasn't really thinking it'd be a polka when he announced a new single was coming. A lot of his newer fans(say, last 10 years) really dislike them and I was almost expecting him to stop making them when he decided to not sign with a record label.

lupinb0y posted: »

I really like it, but I don't have any sort of attachment to Hamilton (never seen it) so I would have preferred a more traditional Weird Al polka.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.