The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I've been playing a lot of OG Fallout lately, and I must say, it has been a really time since a game has made me feel so stupid.

I get to the part where the Brotherhood sends you to The Glow. 18 Day (in-game) travel. I stumble upon a gang war, and solve it by murdering everyone involved, making it out with 1 HP. I fall down steep terrain constantly. Finally reach The Glow where I discover that I need rope, and I then quickly die of radiation poison because I didn't know what I was doing. Didn't save since leaving the BoS. I talk to a Paladin I neglected to talk with before. He warns me that the area is heavily irradiated. Great. I travel all around the map trying to remember who I sold my rope to before I realize I can just buy some. Off to The Hub. Buy all of the rope and some Rad Away. I meant to buy Rad-X. I don't realize this mistake untill I've already traveled back to the Glow, and fought through raiders and radscorpions.

I'll beat this game one day, and when I do, I'll throw a damn party.

• Say what you want about the overall quality of the game but the alternate ending to Metal Gear Survive is pretty neato.

• Courtesy of @Poogers555 , we now have (official!) avatars of Frank from Season 1 of Batman!

• Praise Papa Poogs

Courtesy of @Poogers555 , we now have (official!) avatars of Frank from Season 1 of Batman!

• edited March 2018

God Telltale,give him his damn sock already he deserves it.

Courtesy of @Poogers555 , we now have (official!) avatars of Frank from Season 1 of Batman!

• You're not the only one,i absolutely hate these Battle Royale games,this and Overwatch it's everywhere i'm sick of it.

AronDracula posted: »

Am I the only one who is sick of hearing people talking about Battle Royale games like PUBG and Fortnite?

• Damn. My father has some of these traits...

And I had no idea.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/counseling-keys/201403/how-handle-crazymaker

• It makes sense, considering some of the things you've said about him... :/

Damn. My father has some of these traits... And I had no idea.

• Hey, is it normal for people with normal 9 to 5 jobs to have no time to think and relax? To feel disconnected from themselves and their feelings and from other people as well? Like, there's no time to live and be yourself, only to do what needs to be done?

• who has 9 to 5 jobs??? no one would have time for themselves with that amount of jobs. Even if you are the kind of "hard working" person.

Hey, is it normal for people with normal 9 to 5 jobs to have no time to think and relax? To feel disconnected from themselves and their feel

• It was just a term I used to describe a general, "normal" job where you work a few hours a day every weekday.

MegaXD posted: »

who has 9 to 5 jobs??? no one would have time for themselves with that amount of jobs. Even if you are the kind of "hard working" person.

• Welp. Star Wars Rebels is now over. I'm really sad now :(

• By 9 to 5, I think she means 9AM to 5PM working hour jobs. Not actually having 9 jobs, that'd be insane.

who has 9 to 5 jobs??? no one would have time for themselves with that amount of jobs. Even if you are the kind of "hard working" person.

• edited March 2018

Ah, yes! That's what I meant! I didn't realize that's what @MegaXD thought I meant! I admit I was kinda confused by their reaction... :D

Acheive250 posted: »

By 9 to 5, I think she means 9AM to 5PM working hour jobs. Not actually having 9 jobs, that'd be insane.

• Ooh... I thought she meant the amount of jobs, not hours lol I'm so slow, sorry @Psychokinesis now I understand haha tbh who would have 9 jobs?

Acheive250 posted: »

By 9 to 5, I think she means 9AM to 5PM working hour jobs. Not actually having 9 jobs, that'd be insane.

• It's totally fine. It gave me a little laugh, which I kinda needed. :D

Ooh... I thought she meant the amount of jobs, not hours lol I'm so slow, sorry @Psychokinesis now I understand haha tbh who would have 9 jobs?

• To be honest, I'm sure he wasn't trying to be that way. He's diagnosed with ADHD, which made it tough for him to concentrate on single subjects for more than a few moments. This could've lead to their not being enough time for the conversation to build onto my side of the discussion before his brain decided to switch subjects. But still, I was only a kid when this was going on and I had no idea what his diagnoses really meant. I took this behavior the wrong way for all those years...

God I wish I knew back then.

It makes sense, considering some of the things you've said about him...

• "Everything has a good reason. Nothing has a good excuse."

To be honest, I'm sure he wasn't trying to be that way. He's diagnosed with ADHD, which made it tough for him to concentrate on single subje

• Yah. What's done is done. The only thing that can change is what happens next.

And thanks for the article btw. :)

So, all those years he made me feel that my opinion was unimportant, I need to find a way to wipe that clean. Get a new perspective.

Or.... Just leave it the way it is.

There are benefits to both sides to it. But which side is more worth keeping?

Keeping this would mean that my self value stays below everyone else, I stay humble to other people and it allows me to still be willing to help, cherishing the moments when it shows I do make a difference.

The downside is that I'll still want to keep silent during most conversation, not having the confidence to say want I want to say.

Letting go of this would mean that I won't have this feeling of unimportance weighing on me anymore. But my prediction is that this could spell disaster. Self value goes up, which could cloud my judgement on the value of helping others. I would have more freedom to say what I want without me always second guessing myself. But, my more sporadic thoughts would have less restraint, making me come off as more of a wacko than I already do on here. And maybe more complications I may not be able to think about in this perspective.

Your thoughts?

"Everything has a good reason. Nothing has a good excuse."

• If you have a full-time job, spouse, and kids, that can pretty much take up all your time if you let it. That doesn't mean that it's 100% only doing what needs to be done, though, because some of that is enjoyable! There are still a few times to think:

• When taking a shower, if there isn't someone banging on the door complaining you're using all the hot water.
    • During a commute, if it takes a while and you aren't carpooling or listening to get-you-angry radio.
    • Whatever breaks you have at work. They do let you take breaks every now and then.
    • If you're watching TV, except it's not really something worth paying attention to, so you can just let your mind wander instead, until the people watching it with you make some comment about the show and you realize you have no idea what just happened.
    • Whenever you have to wait for anything, like getting a haircut and so on, if you don't use the time to concentrate on your cell phone.

It's harder to make time to play video games, and it's easy to generate a backlog of stuff you wish you had time for but don't. I think it's preferable to spending six hours bored out of your mind, though.

Hey, is it normal for people with normal 9 to 5 jobs to have no time to think and relax? To feel disconnected from themselves and their feel

• edited March 2018

I believe it's possible. I know it's hard to think that you can have a more relaxed time while working. But, depending on if the job is more physically demanding rather than mentally demanding, you can have time to allow yourself to go into our own thoughts while you work. And depending on the people you're with and what rules you have for your interaction with other employees, they can be a good stress outlet, too, cause they're going through the same thing and can relate. (which, I don't do most of the time cuz of my goddamn.. social anxiety!)

And plus, people with jobs like that get vacations every now and then, and options to work from home given where you're working. Like my step-father Tim, he works at the Big Globe here in new england, working on the programming it takes to run the GPS systems across the world. He has the option to work there or, to work from home, having the ability to connect to their servers via Wifi.

And plus, every now and then, you can get work parties, and cool gifts, and more, depending on what the boss decides to do to keep the employees in high spirits. Sometimes, bosses can be jerks, like @pandoranwanderer 's situation, but that's not what really happens in general. Plus if it does turn out that you feel uncomfortable in the workplace, don't you have the right to find a more suitable work environment?

Different work departments, other work opportunities, there are different places you can become employed that require different activities, if you know where to look. And I bet, there is even a way to switch between jobs every now and then so you don't get bored doing the same thing (as long as your bosses are okay with it). Life is what you make of it, right?

• It’s only a matter of time for rebels 2.0, don’t worry about it ?

lupinb0y posted: »

Welp. Star Wars Rebels is now over. I'm really sad now

• I'm not at all! I HATED this show badly. I mean I really didn't understand the point of(like the concept)the Rebels. I cheer more towards the empire rather than just watching Rebels give this inspiring speech(it wasn't inspiring at all to me very underwhelming cause you know Disney loves Rebels more than the Empire)to fight off the Empire.

Like I now understand why China REALLY hates Rebels or literally any sort of concept of glorifying the Rebels coming from Disney. Like I have feeling that China and Asian markets cheer more and lean towards the Empire.

Welp. Star Wars Rebels is now over. I'm really sad now

• I finished Dead Space 2. It was phenomenal. I love the story, I love the new kinds of necromophs even if some of them are annoying it. It gave me some flashbacks from Tales from the Borderlands, Isaac Clarke's story was to get rid of his ghost wife who was helping him through the entire game only to plan on killing him at the end of the game.

I love this game much more than its predecessor. Some things that bothered me was lack of bosses and the game was giving me too much ammo and weapons at the beginning of the game which makes it less challenging.

Now I'm sad because Dead Space will never have a future again because Electronic Assholes just shut down Visceral Games. Also, just like Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3 isn't on Steam.

• Previously Recorded- Metal Gear Survive So I watched this and just makes sooooooo much sense a lot!

strwar3 posted: »

I'm not at all! I HATED this show badly. I mean I really didn't understand the point of(like the concept)the Rebels. I cheer more towards th

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2018

Far Cry 5's Map Editor ("Far Cry Arcade") seems like it'll be cool. It lets you use assets from other UbiSoft games like Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, previous Far Cry games, and more.

• Actually my argument is just right!

Melton23 posted: »

• I think you’ll find mine just as right

Actually my argument is just right!

• edited March 2018

I feel like ya gotta have more trust in yourself.

It makes sense that you don't have much self-confidence if you were always made to feel like your opinion is not important. It might not seem like much, but that kind of thing slowly chips away at one's self-worth.

You seem like a genuine, caring person. You can still care about others and be confident. In fact, you'll be able to help others even more by feeling more confident. Confidence is not cockiness.

I need to find a way to wipe that clean. Get a new perspective. Or.... Just leave it the way it is.

...Well, I'm going to assume that's what you've been doing your whole life, I could be wrong, but has it benefited you in any way?

From your other post: To be honest, I'm sure he wasn't trying to be that way. He's diagnosed with ADHD, which made it tough for him to concentrate on single subjects for more than a few moments.

Everyone makes mistakes. Even the most caring people can mess-up and accidentally hurt people. It's how we deal with our mistakes that really counts. Do you feel like he owns up to his mistakes?

(By the way, having ADHD doesn't mean someone lacks empathy. Not that you implied that, but it's a common misconception about ADHD and Autism in general.)

But, my more sporadic thoughts would have less restraint, making me come off as more of a wacko than I already do on here.

Well, for what it's worth, I don't think you sound crazy. You sound like you suffer from a lot of anxiety, but that doesn't make you crazy. Although it can make you feel like you're crazy. You're aware of your problems and you want to try and fix them. Crazy people do not believe that they are crazy or need to change themselves.

I think that you may benefit from reading this article. I am linking it to you because, judging by some of the things you've said, I feel like there might be someone in your life that's like this: https://psychcentral.com/blog/signs-of-emotional-abuse/

Yeah... I don't know if I'm being helpful or not. I struggle with anxiety and depressive thoughts as well. I just feel that I'm slightly a little bit more aware of why I feel this way... Although I can often forget...

Yah. What's done is done. The only thing that can change is what happens next. And thanks for the article btw. So, all those years he

• edited March 2018

I guess I can't say I like anything on here without someone telling me "Nah man the thing you like sucks."

• Noo..I like Rebels and i'm sure everyone likes it !

I guess I can't say I like anything on here without someone telling me "Nah man the thing you like sucks."

• You hated Rebels because it followed a group of rebels?

I'm not at all! I HATED this show badly. I mean I really didn't understand the point of(like the concept)the Rebels. I cheer more towards th

• edited March 2018

It is possible to strike a balance between the the two extremes. You can continue to be altruistic while still having the confidence to put your foot down and say what's on your mind. Confidence doesn't have to be without restraint and humbleness doesn't mean you can never act for yourself. Selfishness isn't an inherently bad thing; there are many times where it is important to think of yourself for your own wellbeing. When you have the right amount of confidence and responsibility you will be able to choose what thoughts you feel are worth expressing and decide who is deserving of the help you can give.

Most of all your happiness should be top priority no matter what. Please do whatever it takes to make yourself happy. Only you can decide what that entails.

Yah. What's done is done. The only thing that can change is what happens next. And thanks for the article btw. So, all those years he

• Nah man, that's just who he is, you know?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• This has happened a few times before. So I guess some people here just like telling others that the thing they like sucks.

I dunno ¯_(ツ)_/¯

AChicken posted: »

Nah man, that's just who he is, you know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• it's the internet, what do u expect?

• Pretty much this

it's the internet, what do u expect?

• Guys guys guys I need your help

Which game should I buy? Dragon Ball FighterZ or Far Cry 5?

• Dost thou like 2D Fighting Games, or First-Person Shooters more?

If you've got other friends who'd be into Far Cry 5 then that'd be the best choice. All I've heard is good stuff from that franchise, and it's a good co-op experience. (that, and the incessant nagging of a friend of mine who wants us both to get into it when it's out. Not so sure myself.)
    Eh, the recently announced Arcade Mode seems like a done-deal.

You do you, man. :blush:

Guys guys guys I need your help Which game should I buy? Dragon Ball FighterZ or Far Cry 5?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.