The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Fighterzzzzzz

Guys guys guys I need your help Which game should I buy? Dragon Ball FighterZ or Far Cry 5?

• edited March 2018

Nah man, the thing you like just isn't liked by everyone, and some people want to let you know that and they may or may not realize that how they say it might sound rude.

(EDIT: I posted this before I saw your post in the Vent/Help thread, so now I feel super bad. I didn't realize that it was really bothering you, I didn't see the fuller picture. I'm really sorry if I sounded insensitive.)

(EDIT2: And like, I don't know if I should delete this comment or not because, then (if your anything like me) your imagination will start coming up with all the terrible things that I might've originally said and it might be worse than what was actually said.)

lupinb0y posted: »

I guess I can't say I like anything on here without someone telling me "Nah man the thing you like sucks."

• Give me your wallet and I'll decide what to buy...

Guys guys guys I need your help Which game should I buy? Dragon Ball FighterZ or Far Cry 5?

• Nah it's fine you can leave it if you want, no need to worry. At least you ended up understanding my perspective :)

Nah man, the thing you like just isn't liked by everyone, and some people want to let you know that and they may or may not realize that how

• I'm going to move this to the Vent/Help thread, where it should be.

In progress...

I feel like ya gotta have more trust in yourself. It makes sense that you don't have much self-confidence if you were always made to feel

• ...That is... actually a disturbing image.

Melton23 posted: »

• Literally everything you just said makes no sense and is a super weak and poorly composed argument.

strwar3 posted: »

I'm not at all! I HATED this show badly. I mean I really didn't understand the point of(like the concept)the Rebels. I cheer more towards th

• edited March 2018

FighterZ. Far Cry 5 looks great but there are plenty of games just like it or similar to it for much cheaper. I've put 100 hours into FighterZ now and I've never played anything like it. It's fantastic and it's especially fun if you're an OG Dragon Ball fan. Z and Super fans get some love too but the original Dragon Ball has a heavy influence here.

EDIT: i responded to the wrONG COMMENT FUCK.

EDIT 2: heyo papa @Blind Sniper i said a thing and i screwed up but you can still read it ig idk

Give me your wallet and I'll decide what to buy...

• edited March 2018

Heheh. :D

Just tag in Blind Sniper's name so he gets the notification.

EDIT: Oh, so edits don't give notifications? ...Now I know.

FighterZ. Far Cry 5 looks great but there are plenty of games just like it or similar to it for much cheaper. I've put 100 hours into Fighte

• I guess edits don't give you notifications, but I'm reading the thread anyways.

Seems to be strongly slanted towards DBFZ so I might check that out sometime. I'm usually not a Dragon Ball/Anime kinda guy, but DBFZ seems like it would scratch my 3v3 fighter itch.

FighterZ. Far Cry 5 looks great but there are plenty of games just like it or similar to it for much cheaper. I've put 100 hours into Fighte

• edited March 2018

Bought a sandwich and a salad but after eating the sandwich I'm now too full to eat the salad.

i cri evrytiem

• I relate so hard, man. I'm there for you.

lupinb0y posted: »

Bought a sandwich and a salad but after eating the sandwich I'm now too full to eat the salad. i cri evrytiem

• Most of all your happiness should be top priority no matter what. Please do whatever it takes to make yourself happy. Only you can decide what that entails.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, it's not always as easy as saying "Hey, I wanna be something different today" and change the way your mind works to make you how you wanna be. But I may have found the problem. I put it in the Venting Thread, but basically I looked back through my memories and saw where this behavior began and what were the things that enforced this behavior. Now... I need to cut these ties to my subconscious, believe that this isn't what everyone is like. But jeez, it's hard to break a habit of thinking that I've had for more than half my life.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

It is possible to strike a balance between the the two extremes. You can continue to be altruistic while still having the confidence to put

• Trying to stay locked in my house. Them post feminists are in their prime on international woman’s day, it’s scary

• Two hours until the next Nintendo Direct. I'm really hyped to see what new stuff they announce for the Switch.

• No no I know It's not going to be an instantaneous change nor that it's possible to just dismiss years of conditioning overnight. I just wanted to show that I'm rooting for you on your path towards tackling the issues that are causing you to feel this way. I believe that you can do it, even if it might take some time and effort.

Most of all your happiness should be top priority no matter what. Please do whatever it takes to make yourself happy. Only you can decide wh

• Nintendo Direct is live:

• New smash bros ? Hell yeah

• Well thank you. :) This will be a glorious battle of mind over... mind.

Who know's what the outcome will be.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

No no I know It's not going to be an instantaneous change nor that it's possible to just dismiss years of conditioning overnight. I just wan

• edited March 2018

Fine, I'll use English. BS, ya buzzkill.
    So, I'm alive still. ;)

Seriously though. So, I've went through a rough time. I've spent the first month or two in denial and almost literally living here while not at work. There was an unhealthy period of time where I was, honestly, reading EVERY post on this forum. Mods could attest to this. Life, then, came crashing down and hard. At first, I was ignoring all my problems and just kept trucking on, pushing myself forward, like a "good" stereotypical German male. Eventually, problems caught up with me, as everything I let go, started to weigh and hurt me.

I have a long, sad, history of depression and other mental illnesses. I've spent ten years of my life(past, not current) in therapy and being legally drugged to the gills. I know my issues and how to productively deal with them. I did not post in the vent/help thread simple because I know my issues and how I'm supposed to deal with them. I was simply avoiding them and hoping I could move on to what I envision as a normal life. I do urge others to share their pain and issues and pursue professional help if needed. There is nothing wrong with that. Chances are, if you're here regularly, you have some issue weighing on you. There is nothing wrong with that.

When I was a kid(we're talking around the early 90's), it was taboo to have a mental health issue. When I was a teen, it was 1/10. When I became an adult(around 2000), it was 1/5. What is it now? 1/2? All I'm trying to say is that I encourage people to seek help. It doesn't necessarily mean to call up a psychiatrist. Most people just need to recognise their problems and find a way to keep going.

I have a fist-full of issues, yet, I'm a manager at a major company, making a livable income, with a handful of close, good, friends. While I do not feel lucky or privileged, In hindsight, I am. I am lucky and fortunate. This is all I'm going to say on the matter. I really dislike talking about the subject and seeming "weak", but, I hope that this helps somebody. You're also not "weak" for needed someone.

I'm going to post this in the help thread. As an adult, well WELL past my school years, I think an adult perspective would be good as well.

• 私は大丈夫です

• Crash Bandicoot Remake is coming to PC, Switch and Xbox One.

• I have a question for Half Life fans.

Should I play the first game or I can just jump right into the sequel?

• it's recommended you play the first game as there's a lot of story context in it and gameplay wise, at least in my opinion, it's a far better game. but required? not really. any human with a brain will be able to understand what's going on through context given in the opening of the game. the rest of the story is super good and well written so it works as a standalone regardless. personally though i just suggest playing the first game before 2.

AronDracula posted: »

I have a question for Half Life fans. Should I play the first game or I can just jump right into the sequel?

• you're a good dude johro. i'm real sorry life has been kicking you in the dick so hard, but you got a good head on your shoulders and i hope life goes nowhere but upwards for you in the future.

Johro posted: »

Fine, I'll use English. BS, ya buzzkill. So, I'm alive still. Seriously though. So, I've went through a rough time. I've spent the f

• Well, aren't you a cool dude for saying he's a cool dude.... dude. :grin:

you're a good dude johro. i'm real sorry life has been kicking you in the dick so hard, but you got a good head on your shoulders and i hope life goes nowhere but upwards for you in the future.

• I've noticed some odd site glitches on mobile.
    A few OPs of threads trail off the screen to the right, though I can still scroll that way to see the whole post.

• edited March 2018

Thanks. They say "you are your own worst enemy" and that is very true in my case. I just needed to say something. There are times where I'm a complete dick to people. That, includes on here. I just felt that I should explain that a bit. I do suffer from clinical depression. That means that it pops up without rhyme or reason. I could be texting my bff, while watching my favourite show and chowing down on sweets, yet still want to disappear off the face of the Earth. Besides that, I also project my mood onto others. I can be a very toxic person in that regard.

I don't want sympathy and to be honest, I was completely hammered last night when I posted that. That's kind of the way it goes. Liquor is my truth serum. Have a bunch of drinks and you can ask me anything. I don't regret it though. I think it is good. Someone whom has been here for a very long time, whom seems fairly normal(albeit a bit of a jerk sometimes), actually does struggle with his own demons, and is able to pick himself up and carry on. I know that when I was a kid, as some people here are, it felt pretty hopeless. So, I was basically wanting people to know, first hand, that it's not and it gets better.

You learn to deal and while there are still bad days, you have good ones too.

• edited March 2018

Just going to watch Archer..

• Just saw The Florida Project for the first time. Amazing film, deserving of awards.

• hell yea my dude. it's definitely one of my favorites of 2017. have you seen the director's other works? he has a really fantastic movie titled "tangerine" and it's shot completely on an iPhone 5. i definitely recommend it if you liked the florida project.

ClemRanger posted: »

Just saw The Florida Project for the first time. Amazing film, deserving of awards.

• edited March 2018

So I just got back from a week long vacation in Sedona, Arizona with my family. Beautiful weather all 7 days we were there, temperatures ranged from the high 60’s to the low 70’s, and I got 5 rounds of golf in during that span. We fly back into New Jersey today, and guess what I have to do as soon as I get home? I had to shovel snow out of our driveway because we got a huge snowstorm while we were away. Fuck you New Jersey, I want to go back to Arizona.

• I also watched it yesterday and I was on the verge of tears in the end. The kids were absolutely great, their acting is phenomenal. Bobby was a very sympathetical character. Also I felt bad for Halley because she might be irresponsible and bitchy but she loved and genuinely cared for her daughter :( Such a heartbreaking movie.

ClemRanger posted: »

Just saw The Florida Project for the first time. Amazing film, deserving of awards.

• Was just watching a movie and during a sex scene I saw the camera man in the mirror. Yay. Continuity. I’m dead inside

• today is my last day of vacation yay back to wake up every day at 6 AM

• Why is it that we still have to help our parents with computers?

Mom: "Where's the search button?!"
    Me: [sigh] "...It's right above where you're looking..."

• It’s my first night back at college, and I go to get dinner at my school’s student center. Now the food at my school isn’t great to begin with, but I can’t say I’ve had any health problems with it. I order a chicken patty sandwich and take it back to my dorm. Not really thinking twice, I start eating it, not until I’m 90% done do I see mold on the bottom bun, right where I bit into it. I’m going to have to have a word with the management tomorrow.

• ...That's gross, dude. :(

It’s my first night back at college, and I go to get dinner at my school’s student center. Now the food at my school isn’t great to begin wi

• I feel bad for you, I've already experienced something similar, I bought food at my school and I was eating it, the taste wasn't so great but I dont like to waste food, until I started feeling really bad, I throwed the rest in the trash. It was friday and I ended up sick the whole weekend.

It’s my first night back at college, and I go to get dinner at my school’s student center. Now the food at my school isn’t great to begin wi

• That’s awful, sorry to hear that happened to you.

MegaXD posted: »

I feel bad for you, I've already experienced something similar, I bought food at my school and I was eating it, the taste wasn't so great bu

Sign in to comment in this discussion.