The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Yah. And thanks for that! New word shrinking powers! :joy:

THE PATCH CAN'T STOP ME NOW! Yay

Johro posted: »

My vacation coincides with spring break... but I'm not doing anything Are we having fun yet?

• edited March 2018

(Okay. Am I spelling "cool" right? I've seen it so much that it looks weird now.)

Oh, I've had that problem before. If you take the time to really look at what makes a word, or if you've just seen it so many times, it's a weird feeling. "That's a word? Looks like... not a word. Is that how it's always been spelt? Whaaa? :fearful:"

Oh cool! Thank you very much. Cool. You are cool. COOL. (Okay. Am I spelling "cool" right? I've seen it so much that it looks weird now.)

• There's actually a name for that phenomenon, but I forget what it is. But, yeah, that's not just you guys - there actually is a sensation you can induce on yourself where, if you spell out a word or say it a whole lot in a short time, it sort of "fries out" in your mind for a few minutes.

AChicken posted: »

(Okay. Am I spelling "cool" right? I've seen it so much that it looks weird now.) Oh, I've had that problem before. If you take the

• Woooaah hey how did you get it that small? teach me pl0x

My vacation coincides with spring break... but I'm not doing anything Are we having fun yet?

• edited March 2018

Let's test that theory.

Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears!

...Oh god, you're right. My brain kept saying "Are you really saying B-EE-RS"?. Had to go google it. :lol:

There's actually a name for that phenomenon, but I forget what it is. But, yeah, that's not just you guys - there actually is a sensation yo

• edited March 2018

Oh, it just happened to me.
    I was fiddling around with Paint.net (basically the better "Photoshop" version of your average MSPaint tool), and was making a random title card/banner thing. The keywords I was inserting were "The Council". I had stared at it for too long, and it started to look really odd. "The Council". Council. COUNCIL. C-O-U-N-C-I-L. COUN-CIL.
    I'm tellin' ya. I hate this feeling. Makes me feel like what I'm seeing is somehow fake.
    ...moving on...

In other news, I just discovered that you can easily use Google Chrome to get image/gif "direct links" [so, links that end in .jpg, .gif, etc. since that's what this site is mostly compatible with] without having to mine through various websites the usual Google site funnels you through. There's an actual "Open Image in another tab" option, instead of "Open in another tab" (aka open website in another tab.) Hooray!

Let's test that theory. Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears! ...Oh god, you're right. My brain kept saying "Are you really saying B-EE-RS"?. Had to go google it.

• Just came back from Clearwater Marine Aquarium. I got to see Winter and Hope in person! They were so amazing and cute!

• Just saw Judas Priest in concert, what an amazing show. These guys are in their 60's and still kicking ass, especially Rob Halford.

That's the good, the bad is that I now have to pull an all nighter to catch up on work I couldn't get to and finish a presentation I have to present in about 12 hours.

• #gooddaysbaddays

• edited March 2018

#thesedays - Macklemore & Rudimental

#gooddaysbaddays

• edited March 2018

I will forever be shocked at how surprisingly compelling the Pocket God comic series was. It had great art and had well written stories and characters, and the fact that it's based off of a simple mobile game makes it even better.

Too bad the publisher had financial troubles and it ended up getting cancelled.

It doesn't help that it ended on a cliffhanger with only one more issue needing to be made before the final story arc was done.

• One of our presidental election canditates looks like Vernon Dursley and it makes me crack up every time I see him? lmao. He also got the least amount of votes. That's what you get, dirty muggle!

• Holy shit he does.

One of our presidental election canditates looks like Vernon Dursley and it makes me crack up every time I see him? lmao. He also got the least amount of votes. That's what you get, dirty muggle!

• “Do not pity the dead, Harry. pity this living muggle man who looks like your horrible uncle Vernon.”?

One of our presidental election canditates looks like Vernon Dursley and it makes me crack up every time I see him? lmao. He also got the least amount of votes. That's what you get, dirty muggle!

• the bad is that I now have to pull an all nighter to catch up on work I couldn't get to and finish a presentation I have to present in about 12 hours.

Damn dude, sounds like you had a busy night ahead of you. Hopefully it worked out.

Just saw Judas Priest in concert, what an amazing show. These guys are in their 60's and still kicking ass, especially Rob Halford. That'

• I was able to get a couple hours of sleep, but the whole project ended up being a lot more than I was anticipating, which is why I needed to work on it so late.

the bad is that I now have to pull an all nighter to catch up on work I couldn't get to and finish a presentation I have to present in about 12 hours. Damn dude, sounds like you had a busy night ahead of you. Hopefully it worked out.

• It’s Official: Justice League is the Lowest-Grossing DCEU Movie

Justice League officially ended its theatrical run after four months, and in doing so it has become the lowest-grossing film set within the DC Extended Universe thus far.

Given that Justice League marked the first time the eponymous superhero group united on the big screen — a la Marvel’s The Avengers — the expectations for the Warner Bros. film were high, with many predicting it would go on to smash box office expectations. Unfortunately, after multiple misfires — with the lone exception of Wonder Woman — the mixed reviews for Justice League, as well as its behind-the-scenes problems, led to a film that failed to connect with audiences.

That became evident when it opened in November to just $93.8 million, down from not only Wonder Woman but essentially every DCEU film prior to it. Now, with the totals in, it’s official: Justice League is the lowest grossing DCEU film with just $657.9 million worldwide.

...yowza!

• That feel when Black Panther (a former C-list superhero) outgrossed the A-list of A-list superheroes.

It’s Official: Justice League is the Lowest-Grossing DCEU Movie Justice League officially ended its theatrical run after four months,

• I would've made a "The Man Who Killed Batman" reference, except that movie had near 30 senior production members. No wonder it was a mess. Didn't anyone take notes from Alien3?

• edited March 2018

Was just surfing the internet like I usually do when I suddenly hear one of my dormmates started screaming bloody murder. Like straight out of a horror movie scream yelling "HELP MEEE!" and all that. This goes on for another solid few seconds just to make sure this was actually serious. The screams continued and they were loud as fuck too.

So I jumped outta my chair, put on some pants and burst outta my room only to hear laughing. It was all just a prank. A really loud and heart attack giving prank.

Fuck you too bitch.

• Welp when he actually does get murdered I doubt he'll be getting any help.

lupinb0y posted: »

Was just surfing the internet like I usually do when I suddenly hear one of my dormmates started screaming bloody murder. Like straight out

• Was a she, which made it all the more authentic to me. Next time I hear something like this I'll just be like

Welp when he actually does get murdered I doubt he'll be getting any help.

• Yeah, she should be made aware that that's not funny, and if she wants to be taken seriously in a real emergency, she ought not to do that again. Real emergencies do happen to people who may still be young enough to think otherwise.

Was a she, which made it all the more authentic to me. Next time I hear something like this I'll just be like

• Well, ain't this cute....

• Why does everything have to be so complicated? Why isn't it ever like on the movies?

• I love this. I hope he does more of these in the future.

Well, ain't this cute....

• poop

Acheive250 posted: »

Why does everything have to be so complicated? Why isn't it ever like on the movies?

• edited March 2018

[Your Gif]

I like that quote.

I'm not saying I expect everything to be perfect and hunkydory, I just wish things were simpler.

poop

• edited March 2018

"poop"

I know, it's magnificent isn't it?

Also I kinda just wanted an excuse to post that gif because it's a good gif :P

I didn't actually think that you wanted everything handed to you.

Acheive250 posted: »

[Your Gif] I like that quote. I'm not saying I expect everything to be perfect and hunkydory, I just wish things were simpler.

• To do stuff with the things you got??

poop

• Night School Studio's new game Afterparty

• Looks like leave WAS possible. You just need to be able to handle your liqour.

Night School Studio's new game Afterparty

• Oops, haha. I didn’t mean to quote the “poop”

"poop" I know, it's magnificent isn't it? Also I kinda just wanted an excuse to post that gif because it's a good gif :P I didn't actually think that you wanted everything handed to you.

• YES ! I loved oxenfree i'm getting that game for sure.

• This looks like the kind of game you’d play during an acid trip

• Jesus we really are getting to the point where video games could look like real life. Just look at how real Andi Serkis looks.

• How come this man never won an Oscar? He is easily the best actor in terms of motion capturing.

Jesus we really are getting to the point where video games could look like real life. Just look at how real Andi Serkis looks.

• I have a 2 hour media studies test tomorrow as soon as I walk through the gates. End my suffering ??

• ...Did you study?

Melton23 posted: »

I have a 2 hour media studies test tomorrow as soon as I walk through the gates. End my suffering ??

• I'm guessing he didn't.?

...Did you study?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.