The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I think Resident Evil 4 was definitely a revolutionary game that did a lot right, but I also think that that praise could have been better given to many other games that came out the same year and pushed boundries a lot more than Re4 did. I mean that was the year that Condemned: Criminal Origins came out and that game literally took horror video games to a new extreme, but everyone was focused on 4. I think that's just because 4 is in all actuality a perfect sequel when you think about it.

Not a perfect game by any means but it's exactly what a sequel should be. Takes the idea from the previous game and greatly expands upon it with new mechanics and new gameplay ideas, pushing what was previously possible to new heights. 4 added a lot to the ResE formula and changed up a lot, and along with that it's just a solid game overall. Lot's of replayability and some great incentive to explore or become better at the game.

Again, me personally? Not a big fan. I think 2, 3 and Revelations are far better Resident Evil games a much better basis to build the design of future entries off of, and on top of that they're just more frightening experiences. But I super get why people like it and think it's the most praise-worthy game ever and I think for a game that came out in the first month of 2005? It holds up super strong.

still can't get why people give ocarina of time so much credit thoughwsiadfasdgfsd

Acheive250 posted: »

So, it is often considered one of the best Resident Evil games (with 7 and 2), some even call it one of the greatest games of all time. And

• Those fascist mods deleted dozens of posts honoring the late Leiand and left mine up for some reason ¯_(ツ)_/¯
    they better hope they don't find themselves alone in alley heh heh heh

I must ask... why?

• hey guys i'm doing a stream where i draw requests i get in ms paint for fun because my life is a lie and everything around me is falling apart rn come by and request shit it'll be fun i'll turn on specific music if you request it too

• nvm i guess because my 200 dollar windows 10 computer likes to act like it's a 13 year old macintosh i found in a dumpster lol

• Me everytime I see a certain someone type in their short "fanfiction" in The Walking Dead forum.

• edited August 2018

Could someone please guide me to the nearest TWD: Final Season E1 impressions thread? I literally just got to the beginning of the game and I'd really like to gush about stuff, since I know I'm going to be (well, already am at the time of writing this) giddy as a kid in a candy shop.
    I'm just so impressed and I haven't started playing yet.

...Plus I'll need that thread once I'm done and need to write down my full thoughts.

[there's way too many threads in the section I don't know where to start without stumbling upon a thread that starts with a spoiler OP]

• How fitting--the ship with Louis is farting.

lupinb0y posted: »

The Walking Dead forum now.

• Here's the one I made when I couldn't find any one.
    This is your lucky day.

AChicken posted: »

Could someone please guide me to the nearest TWD: Final Season E1 impressions thread? I literally just got to the beginning of the game and

• If there isn't already one, you're always welcome to make your own impressions thread.

Could someone please guide me to the nearest TWD: Final Season E1 impressions thread? I literally just got to the beginning of the game and

• I just got through watching an LP part and boy, I gotta tell ya, seeing Classic Sonic pose in midair above Violet's concerned face is odd.

• edited August 2018

Actually, yeah. I might do that. (that's what I've done for every other Telltale episode since ANF so... How could I forget?)

Sorry Dabig.

If there isn't already one, you're always welcome to make your own impressions thread.

• Heck no! Although I thinking about putting something like my nickname and middle initial, but then I changed my mind

WarpSpeed posted: »

Oh, good! When you first started here, you were full of enthusiasm and energy, and I was concerned that after you've had a rough time lately, that you wanted to switch to something more depressing.

• They'll never be as good as the originals

Pipas posted: »

Eh, I don't think it's that bad. But it'd be nice if people could tone down the number of the threads, there are like 6 of them already.

• Damn straight.

Green613 posted: »

They'll never be as good as the originals

• Yeah, I really need my personal space. I even find handshakes with people I've just met difficult, although I prefer it over a hug. I hate going on a train that's full of people. I hate crowded areas too. Come to think of it... I JUST HATE PEOPLE IN GENERAL- nah, just kidding. :)

Random virtual hugs are nice
    though.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

That was just a cute GIF I found. In reality, no, with someone you don't really know (or without giving them the offer for one first) that's

• Yeah, I really need my personal space. I even find handshakes with people I've just met difficult, although I prefer it over a hug. I hate going on a train that's full of people. I hate crowded areas too.

I don't have a problem with handshakes or hugs but yeah cramped crowds make me uncomfortable, just very awkward to have stand so close to strangers like that.

Come to think of it... I JUST HATE PEOPLE IN GENERAL- nah, just kidding. :)

lol

Random virtual hugs are nice

though.

Yeah sometimes I just like to post cute stuff I find like that, in real life I don't just go up and randomly hug people haha :smile:

Yeah, I really need my personal space. I even find handshakes with people I've just met difficult, although I prefer it over a hug. I hate g

• Anyone recognise these?

• My ears are bleeding just from remembering the theme song to Angela Anaconda.

Martin Mystery was great though, loved watching that show after school. I've heard and seen a tiny bit of Jane and the Dragon but I haven't heard of The Future is Wild.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Anyone recognise these?

• My ears are bleeding just from remembering the theme song to Angela Anaconda

MY NAME IS ANGELA HEY HELLOOOOOOOO!!!!

My ears are bleeding just from remembering the theme song to Angela Anaconda. Martin Mystery was great though, loved watching that show after school. I've heard and seen a tiny bit of Jane and the Dragon but I haven't heard of The Future is Wild.

My ears are bleeding just from remembering the theme song to Angela Anaconda MY NAME IS ANGELA HEY HELLOOOOOOOO!!!!

• edited August 2018

I've done a live Escape Room game with my sister and her boyfriend, and I only just realized at the last minute that the Doll Maker room I had booked was considered to be the hardest of the rooms.

We still managed to escape in under an hour, with 4 minutes and 10 seconds to spare before the Doll Maker killer got us.

• edited August 2018

Ooh boy.

I'm being left home alone for the next week while the parents go out to the cottage -- I've got a paper to finish for school and work to go to -- so... Yeah. Never been left alone this long before, especially alone to this degree: They're dragging my sister and the family dog out there with them too.

Complete test of responsibility and survivability and sanity begins now...
    This is gonna be an interesting experience

• WEEK LONG PARTY AT @AChicken's HOUSE!!!

Just kidding, I'm sure you'll be responsible.

(for something....)

Ooh boy. I'm being left home alone for the next week while the parents go out to the cottage -- I've got a paper to finish for school and

• MIGHT ANYONE HERE HAVE ANY KIND OF DEGREE IN PHYSICS, OR A GENERAL UNDERSTANDING OF HOW SPACETIME WORKS??? IF SO, PLEASE RESPOND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I HAVE A QUESTION REGARDING SAID FIELD OF SCIENCE ONLY YOU COULD ANSWER

• I have a theoretical degree in physics. Does that count?

MIGHT ANYONE HERE HAVE ANY KIND OF DEGREE IN PHYSICS, OR A GENERAL UNDERSTANDING OF HOW SPACETIME WORKS??? IF SO, PLEASE RESPOND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I HAVE A QUESTION REGARDING SAID FIELD OF SCIENCE ONLY YOU COULD ANSWER

• At this point, anything helps I guess :D As you might've seen before but chose to ignore, I posted this:
    ­
    I'm not a genius when it comes to physics. To say I know very little about physics is an huge understatement. I am aware wormholes are completely theoretical, and that no one can actually know for sure what they're like. But if anyone has any knowledge that can help answer my question, even in the slightest bit, I'd be very grateful. My question is:
    ­
    Would the speed one is traveling inside this wormhole be the same once they have exited it, causing them to shoot straight out, or would they exit at the same speed they had entered? I ask this because I don't know if gravity would have any effect on this, assuming there's gravity in a wormhole, or if the velocity of the "flow" would affect the speed at which one would be traveling the moment they exit this wormhole.
    ­

To my understanding, I think it would probably be similar to a marble that's been placed in a water current that's traveling through of a tube, where the flow velocity is really high.
    I was trying to wrap my head around how teleportation would work and had some questions :D

I have a theoretical degree in physics. Does that count?

• edited August 2018

I think it would probably be similar to a marble that's been placed in a water current that's traveling through of a tube, where the flow velocity is really high.

It'd probably be like your analogy honestly.

I was trying to wrap my head around how teleportation would work

I don't think it would work at all. If we're talking about sci-fi teleportation like in Star Trek the machine would have to break you down molecule by molecule and rebuild you in the location you're moving to. Which would probably kill you. That or it makes a copy of you in another location then kill you. If we're talking about moving faster than the speed of light to another location... It'd probably also kill you.

At this point, anything helps I guess As you might've seen before but chose to ignore, I posted this: ­ I'm not a genius when it comes to

• I don't think it would work at all. If we're talking about sci-fi teleportation like in Star Trek the machine would have to break you down molecule by molecule and rebuild you in the location you're moving to

No, I don't mean teleportation in that way. Think of it as getting from point A to point B without occupying the space between them through the use of a wormhole, where you'd be traveling the distance between them, except in a parallel plane. Once you enter the wormhole, you'd traveling the distance from A to B in the parallel plane without physically crossing the space between them in the plane you're already on.
    If I could create a video to better explain it, I would.

I think it would probably be similar to a marble that's been placed in a water current that's traveling through of a tube, where the flow ve

• I think you just made my eyes deaf.

MIGHT ANYONE HERE HAVE ANY KIND OF DEGREE IN PHYSICS, OR A GENERAL UNDERSTANDING OF HOW SPACETIME WORKS??? IF SO, PLEASE RESPOND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I HAVE A QUESTION REGARDING SAID FIELD OF SCIENCE ONLY YOU COULD ANSWER

• edited August 2018

Tonight, gonna have myself a real good time...

Probably going to watch Captain America 1, haven't seen it in ages.

• The first night or two, you become hypersensitive to every sound that is made. Eventually you relax a bit as you get use to the different atmosphere. Then you realize that you can sing as loud as you want and won't disturb others or embarrass yourself; it becomes blissful.

Then you realize you can TALK to yourself; you have this amazing sense of freedom that you can now verbalize all of the arguments and insanity that would usually become congested inside your mind!!! ...Just kidding about that last one.

It'll be a new experience. You'll be fine. :) And you know that if you ever feel too lonely, you can always jump onto the forum and chat with some of the locals.

(And invite me to the house party plz. We can play TFS and binge on chocolate.)

Ooh boy. I'm being left home alone for the next week while the parents go out to the cottage -- I've got a paper to finish for school and

• I'll write this down as 'the 5 stages of isolation':

1. Hypersensitivity to noises.
    2. Relaxation.
    3. Weakening of mental barriers, possible translation to auditory space.
    4. Lunacy, potential singing, complete shutdown of social norms in a household.
    5. Readaptation to human contact.

The first night or two, you become hypersensitive to every sound that is made. Eventually you relax a bit as you get use to the different at

• Finally a song made for me.

• That feel when Telltale actually made another Walking Dead game that a majority of people liked so you gotta dig deep to criticise it with masterful points such as;

"Anyone else bothered that people call her Clem instead of Clementine?"

and

"I don't like AJ because he's not Lee's kid."

• This is such good news.

• Yeah, I go through that about every two weeks.

I'll write this down as 'the 5 stages of isolation': * Hypersensitivity to noises. * Relaxation. * Weakening of mental barriers, poss

• Tomorrow, at 4 AM, I'm going to college with my mom's car in Groningen, Netherlands. I think I'm going to cry a lot.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited August 2018

Wait a minute, they removed the glass shard from the Armed With Death scene in No Time Left in the remastered version of TWD S1? How did I never know this?

• Yep, that was nothing but a downgrade. It ruined the most badass moment in Season 1.

Wait a minute, they removed the glass shard from the Armed With Death scene in No Time Left in the remastered version of TWD S1? How did I never know this?

• Yeah, I remember a few people bitchin about it months ago.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.