The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

AChicken posted: »

Actually, yeah. I might do that. (that's what I've done for every other Telltale episode since ANF so... How could I forget?) Sorry Dabig.

• Yeah, I can see why. It's definitely an awesome addition to the scene for those who chose to keep the arm, and the scene is definitely a bit lacking without it. Oh well, I cut the arm off anyway so....

Also man that scene will never stop being amazing.

DabigRG posted: »

Yeah, I remember a few people bitchin about it months ago.

• edited August 2018

People who own HITMAN 2016, fantastic news involving the content of Hitman [Season] 2

You'll be able to play remastered versions of the maps, with updated gameplay mechanics and interchangeable unlockables FOR FREE in the sequel!

• That's awesome. I loved 2016 Hitman. I spent like 5 hours doing the ninja don't get spotted challenge on hospital map. Hyped!

People who own HITMAN 2016, fantastic news involving the content of Hitman [Season] 2 You'll be able to play remastered versions of the maps, with updated gameplay mechanics and interchangeable unlockables FOR FREE in the sequel!

• edited August 2018

It's an amazing thing to do for the previous version's owners and ensures that the game will truly be an ever-expanding "World of Assassination" like they had promised at the start with Square Enix. (So, they are retaining their original idea of a Seasonal/Episodic Hitman all under one roof, which many players assumed they had ditched when they partenered with WB making "Hitman 2" a seperate entity.)

Cool little blog post about it.

Welcome to the WORLD OF ASSASSINATION, an ever-expanding game world that will bring remastered and enhanced locations from the previous game to HITMAN 2.

Known as the HITMAN Legacy Pack, all six locations – Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido – will be accessible as downloadable content and will incorporate various new features from HITMAN 2, including a brand new progression system, addition of hiding in foliage and crowds displayed at improved fidelity, picture-in-picture mode, strategic use of mirrors, improved combat A.I., new gameplay items like the briefcase, dart gun, flash grenades, etc., new difficulty levels, and much more!
    As new elements and game modes are continually added to HITMAN 2, as well as the previous game’s locations, WORLD OF ASSASSINATION will offer a continuous experience that will never stop growing and never stop challenging players, defining the past, present and future of HITMAN.

The HITMAN Legacy Pack will be available to owners of the previous game for free. Owners of Season 1 can download the remastered and enhanced content once HITMAN 2 launches without any additional costs.

“We have been through an amazing journey with our fans and community and are extremely proud of the continued love and support,” said Hakan Abrak, CEO, IO Interactive.

“This is our way to say a big thank you and give something back. We have finally revealed our long-term vision to deliver the World of Assassination, an ever-expanding continuous universe starting from Paris in Season 1, going all the way through to the end of HITMAN 2 and beyond with our future endeavors. To create a universe like this is not only an ambitious task creatively, but also technically. I am in awe and admiration with our incredibly talented team and what they have achieved.”

Still begs the question of what exactly you have to own from S1 to get it for free since there's been like 4 different ways of buying it up until now.

That's awesome. I loved 2016 Hitman. I spent like 5 hours doing the ninja don't get spotted challenge on hospital map. Hyped!

• Anyone else here a fan of Xavier: Renegade Angel??

• Metro exodus looks TOO DAMN GOOD. I just hope my gtx 960 wont burst into flames when I launch it

• its only 10:30 and today has already been a colossal emotional shitshow on every imaginable level

• RIP Stefán Karl Stefansson. Only 43.

its only 10:30 and today has already been a colossal emotional shitshow on every imaginable level

• Aw, that's too bad.

Mind explaining what's not so good today?

its only 10:30 and today has already been a colossal emotional shitshow on every imaginable level

• It's stormy outside. Rain, wind, thunder, and lightning... I just saved some chairs from blowing off the back deck and had this song playing in my pocket.

I felt so badass just now (even though I only laid the chairs down so they wouldn't catch the wind). I got pretty soaked though!

• on my way to work this morning i got word that my grandfather ernie had died, and worse yet it was in the middle of nowhere alone, and they have no idea what happened. the most likely conclusion people are coming to is suicide. i just cannot stress enough how shitty it feels when i lost my great grandpa 2 weeks ago and now this out of nowhere.

idk man it just really takes a toll you know? he and i were super close.

Aw, that's too bad. Mind explaining what's not so good today?

• that's not really what put me in a shit mood but dude trust me if it didn't make me feel worse. i thought the dude was gonna be okay man, that's so fucking shit.

RIP Stefán Karl Stefansson. Only 43.

• I'm sorry to hear that, both about your great grandpa and your grandpa Ernie.

on my way to work this morning i got word that my grandfather ernie had died, and worse yet it was in the middle of nowhere alone, and they

• I feel so awful for you. That's terrible.

on my way to work this morning i got word that my grandfather ernie had died, and worse yet it was in the middle of nowhere alone, and they

• Yeah-, you taught those storm clouds a lesson! They'll think twice before blowing over your chairs again.
    (at least till you can't bring apposite music to confront them)
    May they never triumph from this day forth!

It's stormy outside. Rain, wind, thunder, and lightning... I just saved some chairs from blowing off the back deck and had this song playing

• I’m so sorry my dude. I actually thought after I wrote my comment “Maybe something bad happened to someone he knows”. Sorry if I came out as insensitive, I did not mean. Hope you feel better, we are here for you.

that's not really what put me in a shit mood but dude trust me if it didn't make me feel worse. i thought the dude was gonna be okay man, that's so fucking shit.

• It’s storming where I live too, but I was playing XCOM 2, and I didn’t notice till 5 minutes ago. It was really bad early this morning on my way to the DMV.

I always love the chair deck grab before a storm. It’s exhilirating. You see the clouds, feel the wind, hear the thunder.

It's stormy outside. Rain, wind, thunder, and lightning... I just saved some chairs from blowing off the back deck and had this song playing

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2018

Sorry to hear that... :( Whether his death was intentional or natural, I at least hope he passed in a somewhat peaceful manner.

• you're alright man, no harm done. you couldn't have possibly known, i would never hold that against you or anyone else. i appreciate the well wishes.

I’m so sorry my dude. I actually thought after I wrote my comment “Maybe something bad happened to someone he knows”. Sorry if I came out as insensitive, I did not mean. Hope you feel better, we are here for you.

• you don't have to feel bad for me. i don't really deserve the sympathy, and i don't know if i want it either since it makes me feel selfish in a way? all i want right now is a place to vent and people to talk to ya dig. it's shitty and i'm gonna be thinking about it for a long time but i'd rather not dwell on it because it just makes everything worse.

I feel so awful for you. That's terrible.

• i really appreciate it, thank you. i'm sure they're both sharing a brewski and talking about how bad the royals suck in some nicer place. i mean shit, i gotta hope they are right?

I'm sorry to hear that, both about your great grandpa and your grandpa Ernie.

• thank you blind, i'm sure he would have appreciated your kind wishes if he was still with us.

Sorry to hear that... Whether his death was intentional or natural, I at least hope he passed in a somewhat peaceful manner.

• edited August 2018

Ohhhh finally... It's like 1 am right now but I'm finally done writing my last Philosophy paper for school! My 2017-18 year is over!!
    Goodbye [blank] University, Hello [redacted] College!

Long story short, the teachers' union was on strike for 3 months this year, effectively pushing back all work (yes, all work) until it was resolved. We finally got stuff to do by late June.
    I re-auditioned for the practical theatre courses at schools again this year. A college I signed up for accepted me into their smaller 1-year prep course, and that's all I got. It sounds better than what I'm doing right now though so yeah I took it. Hands-on learning here we go!

...I probably could have left some work for tomorrow given that our deadline is on Thursday, but I've procrastinated on writing parts of it these past few days so I thought I'd just get it all done to free myself. (work drained me, and coming home only to do more school work made me feel even worse)

• Woah, their deaths were really close together. That's a lot to go through in a short amount of time.

Going to work after hearing that news would've been hard.

I express my condolences. May your grandfather and your great grandfather rest in peace.

• Stormy weather makes anything exciting!

• edited August 2018

I can’t believe no one has written about Stefan Karl Stefansson yet. I just heard he passed away and it really hurts me. Lazytown remains a cute memory from my childhood, mostly because of his talented acting. Robby was my favorite character. I know that Stefan fought real hard with his cancer and appreciated all the support from the meme community... What a bright and positive man. I wish he could live longer.

Farewell, Stefan. You will always be our number one :’(

• Hold on, that guy from Lazytown is Karl Stefansson?

Ugh that is sad. Like you, I used to watch that show as a kid when it first came out. And it's amazing how various parts of it became a meme just recently.
    It's still strange to think that this guy (and the show) is mainstream internet knowledge now...
    He truly was Number One...

I can’t believe no one has written about Stefan Karl Stefansson yet. I just heard he passed away and it really hurts me. Lazytown remains a

• I'm thinking about getting Life is Strange: Before The Storm, but idk if it's as interesting and suspenseful as the first. Is it? Also what recommendations might you have?

• Got some money in the bank, my relationship with my family is decent, and I may or may not make some headway in regards to my career in the future.

Life is... not bad. Not spectacularly or even pretty good, but... not bad.

• I have a mansion, forget the price.
    Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice.
    I live in hotels, tear out the walls.
    I have accountants pay for it all...

Got some money in the bank, my relationship with my family is decent, and I may or may not make some headway in regards to my career in the future. Life is... not bad. Not spectacularly or even pretty good, but... not bad.

• what recommendations might you have?

Get drunk and just play. I especially recommend that for a particular scene in Episode 2 that just has to be seen to be believed. My God that scene is so stupid.

Dex-Starr posted: »

I'm thinking about getting Life is Strange: Before The Storm, but idk if it's as interesting and suspenseful as the first. Is it? Also what recommendations might you have?

• Reminder that if any of you are interested in For Honor, the starter edition for it is now free on Steam for a limited time. If you add it to your library you'll get to keep it forever.

• I arrived in Netherlands just okay but I still need to rent a room for me. Right now, I'm living in my sister's room while she stays with her boyfriend. Why is it so hard to rent a room? I gave messages but none of the owners answer them.

• i recommend asking for recommendations from a forum that isn't primarily comprised of people who either hate the game and everything it stands for or love the game and won't accept criticism. get a solid middle ground source.

I'm thinking about getting Life is Strange: Before The Storm, but idk if it's as interesting and suspenseful as the first. Is it? Also what recommendations might you have?

• Did you like the first one? If so then you'll probably like this. Personally I think it's just a bit better than the previous. Better voice acting, characters and a more cohesive story.

• Yeah, the first one was really good. The friendship Chloe and Rachel built in ep 1 of BTS felt forced and rushed imo. Also, Rachel was being way too over dramatic about finding out her dad was cheating. Chloe lost hers and here Rachel is, burning pictures of her and her dad, all because he's cheating, but that's her. Also, when she spazzed on Chloe at the junkyard is what made me not like her a little bit. Like, Chloe didn't come out all this way with you to be disrespected. One thing I wasn't feeling was how everyone's like "oh, i didn't know you and Rachel Amber were close friends", yet they were only together the moment they were leaving. Now to see what ep2 has in store for the two of them

lupinb0y posted: »

Did you like the first one? If so then you'll probably like this. Personally I think it's just a bit better than the previous. Better voice acting, characters and a more cohesive story.

• Yeah there are quite a few plot inconsistencies and if you're expecting Rachel to get better then you're gonna be a bit disappointed.

Yeah, the first one was really good. The friendship Chloe and Rachel built in ep 1 of BTS felt forced and rushed imo. Also, Rachel was being

• There was never a doubt in my mind she wasn’t going to change?

lupinb0y posted: »

Yeah there are quite a few plot inconsistencies and if you're expecting Rachel to get better then you're gonna be a bit disappointed.

• I think it's made even worse that they bring up an idea about their relationship that would have made Rachel more interesting albeit more unlikable, but they back down on it.

There was never a doubt in my mind she wasn’t going to change?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.