The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Not only that, but they’ll also get Ashly Burch, who’s a much bigger and expensive name now than what she was in 2012, to return as Tina, but they’ll recast Rhys, who plays a much bigger role in the overall game than Tina does. I’ll repeat, Rhys plays a more important role, appears in more scenes, has more lines, and contributes more to the story, than Tina.

I’m really not exaggerating on that point. Tina is in the game for like 15 minutes and is involved in one mission. Rhys plays a role in several missions and actively helps and talks to you in many of them. Sure Tina is involved in a couple more side quests than Rhys, but that’s it. The fact that they didn’t even try to get Troy Baker again is made even worse with this information.

Poogers555 posted: »

Both are fine but theres points where you can very easily tell it isnt them. Like MetallicaRules said when Claptrap does a higher voice its

• Apparently they’ve also completely dropped Fiona?

Both are fine but theres points where you can very easily tell it isnt them. Like MetallicaRules said when Claptrap does a higher voice its

• I have many things to say. One, oh cool the TTG forums are back up. and two, woohoo! Borderlands 3, and three, where is my wife, Fiona the Con Artist?

• I found that pretty annoying. I've finished the main story now and just likes the leaks said, Rhys had a major role, his story line is one of the longest and you spend a lot of time with him, way more than you will with Tina. Its really jarring because its not like "well Rhys has a small role and its mostly just an easter egg so lets not spend the extra money on Troy" Rhys is a big part, so I dont see why they went "nono too expensive" and then just lied about how it all went down, I mean even Troy said if money was a problem he'd do it for a lot cheaper. (but I guess Randy is still Randy and has to taint Gearbox in someway and just lie about these things)

Not only that, but they’ll also get Ashly Burch, who’s a much bigger and expensive name now than what she was in 2012, to return as Tina, bu

• Fiona isnt mentioned in anyway, so yes. Im assuming theres going to be some sort of DLC story that brings her back, but as of now she doesnt even have a small reference.

Melton23 posted: »

Apparently they’ve also completely dropped Fiona?

• Do you remember?

• Oh god... It's... Today.

Do you remember?

• Judging from your profile pic, I'm surprised you're not asking where Gaige is? Outside of an ECHO where she's referenced, she's absent from the game altogether.

I have many things to say. One, oh cool the TTG forums are back up. and two, woohoo! Borderlands 3, and three, where is my wife, Fiona the Con Artist?

• Because Randy is a money hungry piece of shit, I've been saying it for years even before the debacle with Troy Baker and the Epic exclusivity.

Here are my questions: let's say we were to, one day, get a Tales From the Borderlands Season 2. Whether it's Pierre Shorette's Adhoc, the new Telltale Games, or Gearbox, whatever, who do they get to voice Rhys? If it's Gearbox, they'd probably go for Ray Chase, but if it's Adhoc or even the new Telltale, will they spring for Troy Baker, or does Baker feel spurned by the whole situation and will refuse to return regardless? Will Gearbox force whoever produces it to cast Chase because that's who they got to voice him now? If Troy does return, then it'd be weird to go from Troy to Ray to Troy again, like it's musical chairs but with VA's.

To think this confusion, irritation, and bad publicity could have all been avoided if they at least reached out and tried to get Troy. Like even just make the attempt, even if you aren't really trying to get him back because you know it's too expensive, at least now you can say you made the attempt and don't have to lie about it. Half the reason this got out of hand was because Troy publicly called Randy out on his bullshit. Make the attempt, you can say you couldn't come to an agreement, causing Rhys to be recasted, and that's it. People would still be upset, but they'd understand that it happens sometimes and move on.

I found that pretty annoying. I've finished the main story now and just likes the leaks said, Rhys had a major role, his story line is one o

• I have way too much fun with my arachnophobia. Fucken spider made an appearance in my room and has gone missing m8. Now I’m suffering with paranoia somebody call the police pls now

• tfw Telltale died on Sept 21st and the fact September has those lyrics is painfully poetic.

AChicken posted: »

Oh god... It's... Today.

• I doubt Troy would say no, but I was thinking the same, what happens if theres another Tales game with Rhys as a main character? Is it Troy or Ray? Im guessing if its Gearbox made or published it will be Ray.

If it was up to me I'd probably turn it into a joke where Rhys is voiced by Ray for a little bit and then he gets hit in the head or something and he sounds different and he makes note of it. At least then its kinda played as a joke without being super disrespectful to Ray Chase (because he really isnt that bad as Rhys, its just not the same. Its just knowing what could have been)

Because Randy is a money hungry piece of shit, I've been saying it for years even before the debacle with Troy Baker and the Epic exclusivit

• when you see a spider in your room so you get a paper towel to kill it and you come back and it gone

I have way too much fun with my arachnophobia. Fucken spider made an appearance in my room and has gone missing m8. Now I’m suffering with paranoia somebody call the police pls now

• Lol, so me and my university group were filming the final bits of our short film earlier and the main actor was giving me some attitude.

I was directing him on what to do in the final shot of the day and he completely ignored me. He looked everywhere but me, looked at his phone and walked away while I was halfway through my instructions.

What an ass.

• No shame on him, luckily for you, you probably won't need to interact with him again given that you were finishing up a few bits and pieces for your film.

Did he do that at any other point in filming, or was it something that came up just on the last day?

lupinb0y posted: »

Lol, so me and my university group were filming the final bits of our short film earlier and the main actor was giving me some attitude.

• Earlier in the Summer I entered a Competition where I told the Story of an Inspirational Teacher I had. I was very in-depth, I poured my heart and soul into it, as the Teacher I nominated means a lot to me, she was there for me when I needed someone, and always looked out for me, my peers and everyone in the School Community.

Around the end of August, I was contacted by the Competition Hosts, they informed me that my nomination was successful, and that the Teacher I nominated was on a shortlist to win a National Award.

On Monday I attended a very prestigious College for the shortlist announcement, I managed to make it to national television and appeared on major radio stations across the country, where I got to tell my Story. The Teacher has since been receiving praise from all across the nation for being on the shortlist.

I am attending a Ceremony in two weeks time where they will announce the winner, I am fairly optimistic that the Teacher I nominated will win, but regardless of whether or not she wins the Award, she will be renowned across my country for her efforts, kindness and empathy towards Students.

• These are popular games? Eh, everything before was better.

well to be fair, bad devs have put out great games before. even though scott cawthon is most famous for the five nights are freddy's games,

• My group member at one point told me that he's a bit troublesome and said that the guy was annoyed in one of the filming days. Also at one point in production we were afraid that he was going to drop out of the whole thing, despite having filmed most of everything, because he didn't want to do it anymore.

No shame on him, luckily for you, you probably won't need to interact with him again given that you were finishing up a few bits and pieces

• That's awesome!!

Earlier in the Summer I entered a Competition where I told the Story of an Inspirational Teacher I had. I was very in-depth, I poured my hea

• I enjoy modding in Witcher 3. I managed to to change Yennefer to Anna Henrietta (because I think it's funny and that Geralt is dating the Duchess of Beauclair XD).

• game of thrones season 8 winning the emmy for outstanding drama is like green book winning best picture at the oscars. genuinely i don't know who votes on these pieces of media but they need to be publicly executed

• Sounds like he didn't have his heart in the production, even before he said he didn't want to do it any longer.
    That was a bit unfair for you and the rest of your group by having to work with someone who clearly lacked any sort of interest in what you were filming.
    There's a lesson to take away from everything, one that I see from this particular instance is to avoid doing any form of production with that guy in the future unless he sorts out his attitude.
    But fair play to you and your group for managing to make it work and completing it, you were determined, and all of that will become apparent when the film is submitted and viewed by your teacher

My group member at one point told me that he's a bit troublesome and said that the guy was annoyed in one of the filming days. Also at one p

• :blush: Thank you, at one point, they actually had me on this set for an interview, they had a microphone attached to me, cameras all around me, they even used a clapperboard (Thank you Google for telling me the name) to shoot the interview. I had to do a couple of takes just so they had more material, I feel the first shoot was the best one, as I wasn't thinking of the cameras, the second shoot was dreadful, I was stuttering, shaking, freaking out, the whole shebang. But fortunately it won't reduce her chances of winning, it is like a short film to explain why I nominated her

AChicken posted: »

That's awesome!!

• D & D not winning the award for best writing and directing is the only thing I can find consolation in. Their expectations must've been subverted.

game of thrones season 8 winning the emmy for outstanding drama is like green book winning best picture at the oscars. genuinely i don't know who votes on these pieces of media but they need to be publicly executed

• Is it just me or is rotten tomatoes the most unreliable review website there is, either full of trolls or people who try too hard to be actual reviewers but just aren’t? Seriously I can’t find a single good review for any movie other than a few classics and some of the new marvel movies. There are soooo many good movies out there that have bad reviews on rotten tomatoes, yet amazing reviews on everything else. Is it just me or is there actually something going on there?

• You're shitting me. GOT S8 actually won? What a joke.

game of thrones season 8 winning the emmy for outstanding drama is like green book winning best picture at the oscars. genuinely i don't know who votes on these pieces of media but they need to be publicly executed

• edited September 2019

Poogers' Batman Avesta meme may have gotten a nice shoutout in that one Player's Space video, but he's no longer alone in community recognition.

At the end of their most recent livestream, IO Interactive played my silly video I sent to them of their Community Developer doing crazy hand movements last month on camera.

http://www.twitch.tv/iointeractive/v/485379999?sr=a&t=5481s

• Rotten Tomatoes can go suck a dick and die. There are a lot of movies in that site that are getting unfair scores. How come Sharknado got a higher score than:

• Home Alone
    • Hook
    • Jumanji
    • Man of Steel
    • Batman v Superman
    • Freddy vs Jason
    • Saw
    • Top Gun
    • Die Hard With A Vengeance
    • Independence Day

Sharknado has no redeeming quality, it's not even so bad it's good. It's just bad.

And how the fuck did The Last Jedi get 91%? It doesn't matter if you love the movie, one thing we can all agree for sure is that this is the most divisive movie of the 21st century so far. There are tons of people who hate it and a lot who love it. A divisive movie like that should be at least between 50% and 60% because it is NOT a flawless movie.

Is it just me or is rotten tomatoes the most unreliable review website there is, either full of trolls or people who try too hard to be actu

• not only did it win, it won over better call saul, this is us, ozark and pose. 4 shows that are not only better but having their absolute best content as of this awards season.

You're shitting me. GOT S8 actually won? What a joke.

• man of steel, batman v superman, freddy vs jason and die hard with a vengeance are all worse films than sharknado and the last jedi is definitely not the most divisive movie of the 21st century, but beyond that, yeah, rotten tomatoes is a garbage fire of a website. the way it works is inconsistent, idiot wannabe filmbros use an RT score as a base for a film's quality despite it not working like that, tons of movie get super high or low scores purely based on the critic's political stance, it's just a dumpster fire. just use metacritic. you'll get a lot better of an idea of a film's quality and general consensus on metacritic than rotten tomatoes.

AronDracula posted: »

Rotten Tomatoes can go suck a dick and die. There are a lot of movies in that site that are getting unfair scores. How come Sharknado got a

• man of steel, batman v superman, freddy vs jason and die hard with a vengeance are all worse films than sharknado

That is so debatable. Every movie you mentioned above has redeeming qualities

• Man of Steel: Superman's origins
    • BVS: Warehouse attack
    • Freddy vs Jason: all the fight scenes between the villains
    • Die Hard 3: I actually never seen any Die Hard sequels. I don't know even know anything about it but if someone threatened me to decide which movie I should choose to watch, I would definitely choose Die Hard 3.

And what does Sharknado have? Absolutely NOTHING. It's garbage from start to finish. There is no scene that I would rewatch so many times on youtube. If you like it as a guilty pleasure, what is wrong with you? There are much better shark movies to just enjoy while eating popcorn. Best examples are Deep Blue Sea and Shark Night.

the last jedi is definitely not the most divisive movie of the 21st century

Yes it is. Star Wars is the most influential movie franchise ever made and that being said, The Last Jedi will always be remembered as the entry that divided the audience.

man of steel, batman v superman, freddy vs jason and die hard with a vengeance are all worse films than sharknado and the last jedi is defin

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2019

"not only did it win, it won over better call saul, this is us..."

not only did it win, it won over better call saul, this is us, ozark and pose. 4 shows that are not only better but having their absolute best content as of this awards season.

• edited September 2019

Yeah when the group member (director) told me that he also said that the guy is a bit of a bitch to work with in general, so I complained to him asking why he would get him to do the part of the lead in the first place then if he was going to act like this. The director said that he got him because the guy fit the role perfectly.

Now no matter how much I don't like the actor, he actually does fit the role pretty well despite having no prior acting experiences, but boy did I want to call him out on his bullshit when he was being an ass to me.

Also I'm pretty sure it's just me and the director that know how troublesome the guy actually is. So the others are lucky to not know what a dick the guy actually is.

Sounds like he didn't have his heart in the production, even before he said he didn't want to do it any longer. That was a bit unfair for

• So I received an email from my electricity provider regarding them being bought out by another company and some of the changes this will bring. They said that due to the change of ownership I would be getting a slightly reduced charge on my next electricity bill.

Cool right?

They even included a comparison between the next bill and the previous bill in order to showcase the difference in price.

It was three cents less.

What a deal.

• chillax man

Rotten Tomatoes can go suck a dick and die. There are a lot of movies in that site that are getting unfair scores. How come Sharknado got a

• Personally I don't rely on reviews, they only tell the story of what the reviewer thinks, which is sometimes very laughable.
    A reviewer could give a perfect score to a film that may not be acclaimed as much to be considered perfect, and another could give a film a poor score even though it is widely acclaimed to be amazing.
    It all comes down to what you think really, go watch a film that catches your eye, if you like it, then money well spent, if not, then at least you know that you don't like it, only you can decide if you like a film or not, a reviewer can't do it for you man :smile:

Is it just me or is rotten tomatoes the most unreliable review website there is, either full of trolls or people who try too hard to be actu

• Fair enough mate, at least he provided some use and benefit to you and your group with his talents. But with an attitude that he sounds like he has, that will squander his potential.

I am sure that at some point people will see how he is and actually give you credit for persevering with the guy, the truth always comes out.

Now that the project is done and dusted, I am quite sure you feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders. Speaking of which, and I don't mean to be nosey, but what was the short film about?

Yeah when the group member (director) told me that he also said that the guy is a bit of a bitch to work with in general, so I complained to

• edited September 2019

Copied and pasted from a previous comment I made on the same topic because I don't feel like explaining this again.

When looking at the TomatoMeter, it's important to keep in mind that the percentage isn't an accurate representation on what critics feel the quality of the movie is. It's just the percentage of positive reviews the film got that are catalogued on the site. It doesn't take into account, the level of enthusiasm the reviews have. For example, all of the critics could have said "Yeah, this movie was decent, I guess. Wouldn't watch it again, but worth at least one viewing" and the TomatoMeter would still be 100%. If you want to a different aggregation site that catalogues what critics feel the actual quality of a film is, Metacritic is more reliable for that.

Also...

If you like it as a guilty pleasure, what is wrong with you?

You have no right to criticize people for the movies they enjoy, guilty pleasure or not. Just because you don't see any value in it doesn't mean others don't. Stop being a dick.

• Man of Steel: Superman's origins

that was kind of the weakest part of the movie imo. it's a very big telling sign of just how much zack snyder misses the point of superman and what he means to people, and as a massive dc cocksucker i've gotta say it's a bit of a letdown.

BVS: Warehouse attack

yes, that scene is shot well and it has le epic cool moment, but i don't care about any of the characters involved. none of them mean anything to me. why should i have any investment in the scene if i dont care about anybody involved and i don't have any stakes in the fight? it's like when people defend the mcu movies for having very le epic action. a lot of those movies just have cgi dudes punching each other and i don't care about either of them

Freddy vs Jason: all the fight scenes between the villains

fuck man you got me there actually.

Die Hard 3: I actually never seen any Die Hard sequels. I don't know even know anything about it but if someone threatened me to decide which movie I should choose to watch, I would definitely choose Die Hard 3.

die hard 2 is the best die hard sequel though. yeah it's just a worse version of the original, but a worse version of a perfect movie is still a pretty enjoyable movie.

And what does Sharknado have? Absolutely NOTHING.

idk i think it's pretty funny. i think that's a thing of value. i can't laugh at any of those other movies. i can't laugh at man of steel man the entire climax of that movie is people dying. that's not fun that's sad. sharknado however has the chainsaw scene which never fails to kill me.

If you like it as a guilty pleasure, what is wrong with you?

wow. harsh.

There are much better shark movies to just enjoy while eating popcorn. Best examples are Deep Blue Sea and Shark Night.

well first of all deep blue sea is a masterpiece not a guilty pleasure and i'll thank you to refer to it as such, secondly shark night is very boring but i see the enjoyment one can have in it. third of all you can enjoy sharknado as a guilty pleasure to eat popcorn to, you just gotta understand the context behind the film. you can't just take everything at face value, because then you'd be cinemasins. and cinemasins is bad. so don't be bad. rent sharknado 2 on blu-ray instead.

Yes it is. Star Wars is the most influential movie franchise ever made and that being said, The Last Jedi will always be remembered as the entry that divided the audience.

yeahhhh i don't really agree. throughout the various communities i'm apart of and browse through, i've seen people far less divided on the last jedi (the general consensus is that it's ok at best) and way more divisive on films like donnie darko, the green inferno, hostel, mother!, hereditary, etc. the reception is WAY more mixed and divisive on those movies than the last jedi. maybe it's different in whatever parts of the internet you're going through, and i won't deny that the last jedi is very divisive, i'm not THAT stupid, but there's way more of a divide on those other movies from what i've seen.

man of steel, batman v superman, freddy vs jason and die hard with a vengeance are all worse films than sharknado That is so debatab

Sign in to comment in this discussion.