The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• me watching a mediocre episode of the simpsons win an emmy over the third best episode of bojack horseman

"not only did it win, it won over better call saul, this is us..."

• Better Call Saul is one of the few good shows on these days where the creator actually feels like he cares about what he puts out

"not only did it win, it won over better call saul, this is us..."

• just finished watching pink floyd's the wall for the first time. the album has been a favorite of mine for a while but i haven't gotten a chance to see the film until tonight. it was incredibly good, maybe a little slow in places and the decision to not include "hey you" was an odd one, but it's a very interesting take on the album and presents a story of it's own.

• edited September 2019

Well we still got to edit the whole thing together, colour grading, subtitling, etc which hopefully won't take too long. Looking back at the footage, the other main character really could not act lmao, but he was really nice so I can brush that off.

I am sure that at some point people will see how he is and actually give you credit for persevering with the guy, the truth always comes out.

Eh probably not since I doubt he ever wants to do anything like this again. He left me feeling pissed off for the rest of that day but I'm not too hung up on it anymore.

Speaking of which, and I don't mean to be nosey, but what was the short film about?

It's a comedy about a student from Hong Kong who's come to Melbourne, Australia to study and it pretty much follows his first day in uni where he makes a friend and gets invited to a party. The camera is essentially his thoughts, so every so often he'll break the fourth wall by turning to the camera to talk to the audience in English/Chinese (he only ever speaks Chinese to the camera or to his parents).

I was the scriptwriter/doctor, cameraman and I'm currently editing a rough draft of the full short. I also directed a couple shots and scenes.

Fair enough mate, at least he provided some use and benefit to you and your group with his talents. But with an attitude that he sounds like

• New trailer for The Last of Us Part 2 will come through this stream. Stay tuned, my boys.

• I'll have this thread know that Sharknado is a cinematic masterpiece, and it deserves a higher Rotten Tomatoes score. The series gets even better by Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! starring David Hasselhoff.

• finally someone is making sense

I'll have this thread know that Sharknado is a cinematic masterpiece, and it deserves a higher Rotten Tomatoes score. The series gets even better by Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! starring David Hasselhoff.

• COMING IN FEBRUARY 21ST 2020, MY DUDES!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sharknado got a higher score than 5%?

AronDracula posted: »

Rotten Tomatoes can go suck a dick and die. There are a lot of movies in that site that are getting unfair scores. How come Sharknado got a

• So I bought The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series yesterday, and it is almost done installing. While waiting for it to install, I watched the "Return of The Walking Dead" Documentary (which turned out to be pretty interesting and fun to watch!) as well as the Dev Commentary for Done Running. Early on into the Commentary, Chris Rebbert recalls drawing another food based character by the name of "Punk Rock Pork Chop" when he was a child (I think?) which I found to be hilarious, but that laughter soon turned to sadness as I wish I could see how they'd look...

• Who needs them some sneakers?

• edited September 2019

Did people like The Boo Crew that much that it needed a concert over 10 years later?

DabigRG posted: »

Who needs them some sneakers?

• quit my job today, finally free of that hellhole. gonna have way more free time working at my new job so i can finally finish my movie and be known as the guy who made a movie and not the guy who keeps saying he's gonna make a movie.

• Ooo what kind of movie are you making? Is it a short film or is it "feature length"?

quit my job today, finally free of that hellhole. gonna have way more free time working at my new job so i can finally finish my movie and be known as the guy who made a movie and not the guy who keeps saying he's gonna make a movie.

• probably not either, it'll likely clock in at about 45-50 minutes, but i'd love to make a feature length film. as for the kind of movie it is, it's a horror film about therapy

lupinb0y posted: »

Ooo what kind of movie are you making? Is it a short film or is it "feature length"?

• edited September 2019

So what's your role in it? How many people you got on-board, or is it a one man production?

Sorry if I'm asking too much :grimace:

probably not either, it'll likely clock in at about 45-50 minutes, but i'd love to make a feature length film. as for the kind of movie it is, it's a horror film about therapy

• i'm the director, writer and editor. i've got 4 people to do the soundtrack, a co-writer, one of the actors and a possible DP

So what's your role in it? How many people you got on-board, or is it a one man production? Sorry if I'm asking too much

• Where are you posting the short movie?

i'm the director, writer and editor. i've got 4 people to do the soundtrack, a co-writer, one of the actors and a possible DP

• That's awesome! Good luck with the project!

i'm the director, writer and editor. i've got 4 people to do the soundtrack, a co-writer, one of the actors and a possible DP

• not sure yet, i was planning to do a one night only theatrical release at my local theater and then post it online but since i dont work there anymore it might be tough. i can't post it to youtube either out of fear of their guidelines changing again and my very much R-rated movie being taken down forever. if anybody has any suggestions i'd love to hear it because i'm going into production early 2020.

Where are you posting the short movie?

• You could still try uploading it on YouTube and see if it sticks, if not then Vimeo would probably be the best place to put it then since they're a lot more lax about their content. A lot of people upload their shorts on there.

If you don't mind, what do you mean by "very much R-rated"?

not sure yet, i was planning to do a one night only theatrical release at my local theater and then post it online but since i dont work the

• If you don't mind, what do you mean by "very much R-rated"?

well if it isn't disturbing then i can't much call it a horror movie. i'm gonna get some special effects buddies to work on gore and creature designs, there'll be plenty of swearing and a lot generally frightening shit. it's not like i'm gonna write in a character that's made specifically to say the n word and then sexually exploit my actresses or anything like that, similar to a certain italian fellow, just the general concept of disturbing imagery and violence which is not safe for kids.

You could still try uploading it on YouTube and see if it sticks, if not then Vimeo would probably be the best place to put it then since th

• Wow, sounds like a big project! How far are you into production?

Also from the sounds of it, you should be fine uploading it onto YouTube.

If you don't mind, what do you mean by "very much R-rated"? well if it isn't disturbing then i can't much call it a horror movie. i'

• Try pitching it to a company! If all goes well then they wont be too corporate and they'll touch up your movie.

not sure yet, i was planning to do a one night only theatrical release at my local theater and then post it online but since i dont work the

• i'm actually gonna avoid pitching to a company for my first movie. it's way too often that good movies get destroyed by studio meddling and i'd rather not have my vision tossed around from exec to exec. thanks for the suggestion though!

Try pitching it to a company! If all goes well then they wont be too corporate and they'll touch up your movie.

• production wise i won't be starting til 2020, but i've been working on the film for 6 years and there's been 14 different versions of the script. this final one i'm working on is the final draft and the definitive version of the film i've wanted to make.

Wow, sounds like a big project! How far are you into production? Also from the sounds of it, you should be fine uploading it onto YouTube.

• Six years. You've been working on this ever since 2013? If you need any additional writers PM me okay?

production wise i won't be starting til 2020, but i've been working on the film for 6 years and there's been 14 different versions of the sc

• edited September 2019

WOOOOO! Disney and Sony have reached a deal and Spider-Man is back in the MCU!

The new deal between the two companies will have Disney co-financing 25% of the next Spider-Man movie and receiving 25% of the overall profits of the movie. They will also continue to own the merchandising rights for the character.

As of right now, the new deal will have Spider-Man starring in one more Homecoming movie (releasing in 2021) as well as one other MCU movie (TBA). There have also been hints that the deal would give Sony the ability to have Tom Holland's Spider-Man crossover with their own Marvel universe (Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters) along with Spider-Verse.

“Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

• Glad it happened, I think most people figured everything would get back on track in due time, but glad to see that drama is over.

WOOOOO! Disney and Sony have reached a deal and Spider-Man is back in the MCU! The new deal between the two companies will have Disne

• For only one last film.

WOOOOO! Disney and Sony have reached a deal and Spider-Man is back in the MCU! The new deal between the two companies will have Disne

• I just discovered a roller coaster in Borderlands 3 that you can ride. And if you shoot all the targets during it, it unlocks a red chest with some really good gear. Say what you will about it’s story, but you can’t deny that BL3 is a fun game.

• Try Vimeo. Their guidelines are less bullshit than YouTube.

• If it wasn’t obvious to you, I am a huge fan of Metallica (shocking I know). The band has toured across the globe (literally, they were the first band to play Antarctica even), have sold millions of records, and are one of the highest earning bands on the planet. And always at the forefront has been James Hetfield, the band’s guitarist, vocalist, and primary songwriter.

Today, James announced he has to step away from the band for a while to enter rehab. James has dealt with alcoholism for many years, it was a huge problem for him, and most importantly, his family. He’s talked a lot about how the alcoholism was destroying his family and feared the loss of them because of it. In 2001, he went to rehab the first time, and since then, he had become a better person, but more importantly, a better husband and father. He had been sober ever since, but sadly, it appears he has fallen off the wagon, and is seeking treatment once again.

Alcoholism and addiction are serious problems, and it sucks to see it affect someone as genuinely passionate, caring, and good as James. I commend him for stepping away to focus on his own mental health and his family. I said all that in the beginning because as awesome as the fame and fortune sound, the pressure, the stress, all of it takes its toll on you and can bring you down dark and tumultuous paths. James has lived it once before, he fought it and won, he came out stronger because of it. I’m sad that he has to go through that fight again, but I know he’ll win again, like he did before. I’m praying for you James, and all those who also suffer from addiction.

• Hey metallica, I watch your channel! Love your content. I strongly agree that BL3 is a fun game.

I just discovered a roller coaster in Borderlands 3 that you can ride. And if you shoot all the targets during it, it unlocks a red chest with some really good gear. Say what you will about it’s story, but you can’t deny that BL3 is a fun game.

• DAMNIT META, YOU MADE ME CRY! :'(

If it wasn’t obvious to you, I am a huge fan of Metallica (shocking I know). The band has toured across the globe (literally, they were the

• I just learned that a former High School classmate of mine just got cancer 7 months ago and it makes my heart melt with depression. I dunno how much time left she has and I couldn't help but donate for her and hope for the best.

• please stop bumping my old threads

• Sorry about that.

please stop bumping my old threads

• it's ok. it's just that every time i'm reminded of a thread i made when i was 14-16 i just feel really embarrassed and angry at myself. you couldn't have known though so we're cool. no hard feelings.

and to answer your question, the book was fine. didn't change my thoughts about the series when the book was first released and now that my overall thoughts on the series are grown and changed it hasn't changed my mind now. but it's probably the closest cawthon has gotten to a coherent story imo.

Sorry about that.

• I loved the book series, My favorite was the twisted ones.

it's ok. it's just that every time i'm reminded of a thread i made when i was 14-16 i just feel really embarrassed and angry at myself. you

Sign in to comment in this discussion.