The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I’m guessing everyone’s done with their Holiday/Christmas shopping?

• Not even close. But now would be a good time to get most of it done.

I’m guessing everyone’s done with their Holiday/Christmas shopping?

• True, I bought my mom a Christmas tree and since she wanted a new one but other then that I’m going to finish my holiday shopping online.

Not even close. But now would be a good time to get most of it done.

• Don't worry. There, have a gif.

... Did I say something? I was blackout drunk the other night and did alot of stupid shit I don't remember. Didn't see anything out of ordinary in my comment history though.

• edited December 2019

@Poogers555 @MetallicaRules @DeliciousDeku

Thanks for the support guys.

After some investigation I think I've got it all figured out. It's unfortunately legitimate.
    I can't move into the second semester because my Term GPA for the Core Acting courses and my Skills courses are lower than the average required: a C grade minimum (or 2.3 GPA)

The Acting courses comprise of Test Piece, Acting I, and Storytelling.
    I got a Pass for TP, and a D+ for both Acting and Storytelling. This is a 1.3 average. Dissapointing, but I clearly understand why I got those marks and what I should have done to improve it.

(Acting had a big written test in the middle of the semester. The test was on 5 different plays. I had studied and knew the info, but the stress of it all got to me on the day and my mind blanked. I failed that assignment, so that brought down my grade a bunch I'm sure.)
    (Storytelling had a few assignments where I got a few low C marks, but there is one assignment that I did not have time to complete and present, so I failed that one.)

Then comes the Skills courses. That's Dance, Vocal Music, Voice, and Movement.
    I got a 2.02 GPA on that.
    Vocal Music got a B-, in Dance I got a C, with Voice and Movement being a C- each. So that's juuuust below a C average.

Currently I've organised a meeting between me, the Program Coordinator, and the Theatre Arts school chairman tomorrow morning to discuss what to do next.
    Hopefully I can convince them that I can improve and can stay in the second semester.
    I've also emailed the proper teachers to see if there's anything I can do. To improve my grade to stay in the program or if they can advocate for me in staying. Again, I was given no indication that I was failing their course and it would get me into trouble moving into the 2nd semester.

This year so far has been one big test of adaptability, and by the end of the Sem. I managed to improve my attendance and work ethic and put out some good work.
    So, this is scary, but I know what I did wrong and I'd love to (need to) stay in this program and manage to apply myself a lot in the second semester.

• In other news, I've got a fever and am bedridden/couch-ridden today. Curse you, cruel world!

• Although it sounds scary, it'll be okay!
    Praying that your meetings with the supervisor and your talks with the proper teachers can get you somewhere. Don't forget, you've got this!

AChicken posted: »

@Poogers555 @MetallicaRules @DeliciousDeku Thanks for the support guys. After some investigation I think I've got it all figured out.

• I hope you'll feel better soon!

In other news, I've got a fever and am bedridden/couch-ridden today. Curse you, cruel world!

• Like you said, your professors didn’t give you any indication that you were in any sort of danger, especially if they all, or at least most of them, said you were doing fine. I’m praying and hoping that some of them will vouch for you and you won’t be put on hold.

@Poogers555 @MetallicaRules @DeliciousDeku Thanks for the support guys. After some investigation I think I've got it all figured out.

• Hope you get better.

In other news, I've got a fever and am bedridden/couch-ridden today. Curse you, cruel world!

• edited December 2019

I am so sorry to hear that, I was meaning to get around and reply to this, but my mind went astray and other things came up. Anyways, enough about me, that's bullshit they have you on academic hold.

Surely they have to give a notice a week or two before those meetings to inform you on what is happening?

It could be an error on their side, but if I were you, and you probably already had this idea, I would print out the email and your report card and present it to the tutors, and point out how it doesn't add up.

As I said above, their system may have been encountering some faults, ask them to examine it. I'd also tell them that this whole debacle has caused a great deal of stress and uncertainty for you, that should push them into doing something.

I am sorry if I haven't been much help or didn't make much sense, I hope that this is resolved as quickly as possible, because it has clearly caused you a lot of stress, you have other things to worry about than some stupid system emailing you and telling you that you aren't doing well.

UPDATE:
    I just saw your recent update on your situation, that is horrible mate. Hopefully this meeting goes well tomorrow, show them that you can do better and you will do better, I am confident that you can :smile: I don't mean to jinx, but I think they will give you another chance, but, use the holidays as an opportunity to relax for a couple of days, then develop a plan on how you'll approach every assignment going forward. Put your heart into it, and you will get the results, I have faith in you :smile:

So I'm gonna have nightmares tonight. School nightmares. I'm in a theatre program at a college. At the mid and end-points of the semester

• Alright, I'll have to wait and see for myself what it's like, but cheers for letting me know what you thought of it :smile: It's appreciated

Poogers555 posted: »

Gameplay is really good but story is by far the weakest part.

• Thanks for the extensive list of features mate, in regards to story, I'll have to wait and see what I personally think of it, but thanks for letting me know what you thought of the game :smiley:

* Gameplay is the best in the entire series, hands down * The loot is absolutely insane, and the drop rates are really good. * Endgame con

• So a few bushfires have broken out in my local area (Frankston). One's under control but another has spread to nearby grass and buildings.

This really is insane. We're getting into bushfire season in Australia but this is the first time I've seen bushfires in urban areas like this.

• 5 more days before Christmas.

• Ah Kos....or some say Kosm...

I never get tired of playing Bloodborne. It's just soo good.

• I’m waiting for Tales DLC and a discounted GOTY edition

Poogers555 posted: »

I'd highly recommended Borderlands 3, Im fairly certain all the big sales are going to start tomorrow as well as the first DLC releasing for BL3. Low key hoping the season pass will get a bit cut off.

• Me seeing all the Star Wars drama on the forums

• It is sad because Episode 9 was supposed to be the conclusion of Skywalker saga but no, they pulled a Game of Thrones Season 8.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Me seeing all the Star Wars drama on the forums

• I agree with you

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Me seeing all the Star Wars drama on the forums

• For some weird reason I can’t stop thinking of (time travel) since I’ve been watch documentaries on YouTube about time travel is still comes to my subconscious mind When they where talking about (Black Holes) it could ether send you to a different dimension , universe or even traveling to the future or past?

It’s so fascinating to me at this point not trying to sound obsessive or anything but it could come into reality

Hopefully this could be accomplished and see all different parts of the universe .

• Hopefully this could be accomplished and see all different parts of the universe .

I wish this would happen in my lifetime, but alas, I was probably born too early for that. All of us likely were. But hey, some scientists say they getting close to being able to transfer brains so maybe we'll live forever soon enough :blush:

For some weird reason I can’t stop thinking of (time travel) since I’ve been watch documentaries on YouTube about time travel is still come

• For me personally, as much as I am terrified of death, I wouldn't like being able to live forever, even if a procedure like transferring brains becomes a reality, which it most likely will, wouldn't ageing slowly damage our brain? Cells are made and cells die very often, but as you age, more cells are dying, so even if we were given the chance to move our minds to another vessel, we wouldn't be able to carry over everything that makes us who we are. I hope I made some sense with that :joy:

captainivy1 posted: »

Hopefully this could be accomplished and see all different parts of the universe . I wish this would happen in my lifetime, but alas

• Okay, so I met with my program heads this morning. They informed me that I can up my Acting grade (and the Core Acting average) by retaking the Play Test. The prof just has to tweak the test first. That'll probably happen Friday Jan. 3rd.
    As for the storytelling course, the teacher has yet to respond, but we assume that I'd be able to send in a video recording of the presentation I missed by email. Or, there's this Storytelling event that happens every week that the prof recommends we go attend (and get bonus marks for), so if I attend that during the break she can probably up my grade a bit.

So, all is not lost for me!

….Unfortunately we got word from a super awesome, supportive member of our class that she's being kicked out of the program, since she got a failing mark for one of her classes, and that it's not salvageable. So that really sucks, both for her and for us since we're all really supportive of each other.

• Awesome!
    Wishing you the best of luck on your retakes!

Okay, so I met with my program heads this morning. They informed me that I can up my Acting grade (and the Core Acting average) by retaking

• I’m sorry to hear about your friend, but that’s terrific news for you at least. I know you’ve been pretty stressed about this, so it’s good to see some results and support from your professors and heads. Good luck with all of that, and don’t stress too much, you’ve got this.

Okay, so I met with my program heads this morning. They informed me that I can up my Acting grade (and the Core Acting average) by retaking

• edited December 2019

The IGN article linked in there has an interesting bit of info about TWAU2.

The first major game out of the new Telltale is The Wolf Among Us 2. Details are sparse, but Ottilie says that this is a “complete reboot” of the game. It will not be associated with a previously announced Wolf Among Us sequel that was announced by the old Telltale. Which, again, adds a layer of confusion to Telltale’s current situation.

As announced, The Wolf Among Us 2 will be on a new, Unreal-based engine. But the company says it is “in the process of recreating the most important aspects of the Telltale tool for the new pipeline." To help, Telltale hired Zac Litton, the former VP of Engineering at the former Telltale and head of the Telltale Tool, as CTO.

Telltale also reached out to AdHoc to develop The Wolf Among Us 2. Adhoc is a separate company made up of ex-Telltale developers including The Wolf Among Us 1 directors Nick Herman and Dennis Lenart and The Wolf Among Us writer Pierre Shorette.

On working with Adhoc, Ottilie says:
    "We approached AdHoc. We started the conversation very early on in the process because we really wanted The Wolf Among Us 2 to be a faithful sequel to the original and to be the first new game to enter development at the new Telltale. We spent quite a bit of time discussing the project with the team and AdHoc, making sure that this would be a good partnership The team at AdHoc was always our first choice to lead the narrative and cinematic direction for this game, and we are thrilled to be working with them."

However, with the old Telltale name and working on an already announced sequel developed by former developers, on a new engine that’s being worked on by the former head of the old engine; new Telltale will likely continue to face some confusion over how exactly it will be different from old Telltale.

“Of course, we’re frustrated by people who have suggested this is opportunistic or simply a money grab for the catalog of games without even giving us a chance,” Ottilie says. “We have all jumped into this with the intention of standing the company back up and continuing the legacy of telling stories that people want to play. However, most of this was expected and, really, all we can do is put our heads down and focus on making great content worthy of the Telltale name.”

• That's great news for you, I knew things would pan out in your favour :smile: Take a couple of days to relax, as this hasn't been a stress-free period for you, then have a crack at studying for the tests, you will do well mate.

I am deeply sorry about your classmate, I don't understand why she's being removed from the program, she has other classes that she may be doing well in, so why kick her out because of a result she had in a single class?

That, to me, is unfairly strict. I hope she returns at some point and gives it another try

• edited December 2019

My reaction to the Cats movie trailer.

• .> Buys a fallen company with a tarnished reputation with only a few games making profits

.> This guy made a CASH GRAB

Shoot yeah that'd be frustrating

CEO frustrated by cash grab accusations https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/new-telltale-games-ceo-frustrated-by-cash-grab-accusations

• Considering Wolf 2 is already sounding miles better than what we would have gotten "this year" if Telltale didnt shut down I can understand that for sure. Maybe before they announced anything you could say this, but now it comes off as pretty dumb seeing how they're already putting in more effort than Old Telltale was.

• edited December 2019

It's 12 more minutes of Todd! Hayseed. Sheriff Todd Hayseed. (#1 came out 2 yrs ago wow) It must be a miracle!

• How’s everyone’s weekend going so far?

• edited December 2019

This may not interest many people, but I am still in shock as to how Cristiano Ronaldo pulled off this header. The height he reached to head the ball is insane. The man isn't even human...

Skip to 1:47 to view the goal, it is remarkable

• He's the best example of "hard work pays off" I respect him for that, But sorry I'm a Messi fan hehe

This may not interest many people, but I am still in shock as to how Cristiano Ronaldo pulled off this header. The height he reached to head the ball is insane. The man isn't even human... Skip to 1:47 to view the goal, it is remarkable

• I prefer CR7, but Messi is an incredible talent, he and CR7 are two of the best players of all time in my eyes. Best and Maradona were also very talented, but I feel that Messi and CR7's consistency is what edges it for me.

He's the best example of "hard work pays off" I respect him for that, But sorry I'm a Messi fan hehe

• Not the best, but Christmas is close, so that's raised my spirits. How was your weekend? :smile:

How’s everyone’s weekend going so far?

• Doing good, going to the gym keeping myself busy etc,etc.😎

Not the best, but Christmas is close, so that's raised my spirits. How was your weekend?

• Awesome, I wish I could go to the gym, my college has a gym that's available for use, but I haven't used it for a while, I thought what's the point in doing it if I will be stuffing my face on Christmas Day. Once I get back to college, I'll be going as frequently as possible to get myself back into shape. I used to be so athletic

Doing good, going to the gym keeping myself busy etc,etc.😎

Sign in to comment in this discussion.