The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I played on PS4 Pro and it seemed to work fine. Maybe a few minor glitches here and there though

AronDracula posted: »

I just finished playing Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. Here are my thoughts: This game is pretty....ok. I don't hate it but I don't love it

• Are you sure?

Yes

• edited December 2019

Used to be that Twi’lek from Knights of the old republic until I found out she was 14

Who is ur guy's sexy star wars waifu?

• Certainly

Melton23 posted: »

Are you sure?

• I got the Season Pass through the Super Deluxe Edition, it's unfortunate they didn't lower the price for the standalone pass.

About Control, what is it even like, I've heard some great things about it, and also caught wind of the Game of The Year worthy statements through others, but from what you've played of it, how would you rate it? And about the map, what's the issue with it? Is it all jumbled up?

Poogers555 posted: »

Out of all the sales I've only picked up the Borderlands 3 season pass (which sadly wasnt on sale) and then Control but I plan to wait until

• Nice, as long as you enjoy them, that is what matters. Personally I am not a fan of the Star Wars brand, it just isn't for me, I've heard good things about Jedi Fallen Order, but like you and iFoRias said, it suffers from several technical issues, some of which are absolutely priceless.

A lot of glitches can go under the radar during development, say if they delayed it for a couple of months, those glitches could've been ironed out. Hopefully a patch drops and you can play without any hassle. Also, while you wait, why not have a laugh at some Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order glitches in the video below? :smile:

I bought Crysis 2 and Alien vs Predator 2010 since they were on sale. As a gift, I got Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and Killing Floor 2. I

• Saints Row IV Re-Elected is a blast to play through, but I wish they would go back to their roots and have gang warfare. Good news is Saints Row V is deep in development, and according to a Saints Row oriented channel on YouTube, they got to play a segment of it, and they were very pleased with it, so hopefully, fingers crossed, we will go back to gangs

AChicken posted: »

Well, for Christmas this year I got a new backpack, two Lego sets (one pretty big), a few gift cards to various places, and some clothes as

• If those mechanics worked in those games, there's no harm in carrying them over to your own game, they aren't exclusive to a developer who implemented them first

I just finished playing Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. Here are my thoughts: This game is pretty....ok. I don't hate it but I don't love it

• edited December 2019

'Murica

May I receive 5-6 likes for this comment? pls?

Ghetsis posted: »

Why does this have so many likes lol. Awesome'd.

• I forgot the fucking fitbit, you'd think I'd remember considering it is on my wrist, but somehow I forgot :joy:

Nice, I received some adidas clothes, along with some clothes from a brand called 11º, they are a brilliant brand! Also got some new shoes, they are size 12 I think? Got some gift cards for clothes, and that's about it.

• edited December 2019

I'll never understand why there's people that defend Kenny, Jane and Lilly for whatever reason, like at all.

• Best waifu for your laifu.

OzzyUK posted: »

Jabba obviously.

• edited December 2019

I havent finished Control yet but the problem is I dont really know if I even want to finish it.

Overall its level design is pretty bad and its confusing where to go because everything looks the same, which would be fine if it had a map that made a little sense but because its the most jumbled up map I've ever seen it doesnt really help other than knowing if I should go up left right down which isnt very helpful when the whole game is mostly hallways.

Also not digging the story. Its one of those stories where it purposely keeps you in the dark, but it really just makes me not care. Its a story that makes you feel like you are missing the plot, not as in its too complicated to understand, but as in the story purposely throws you in to what feels like the middle so you have no clue whats going on even if youre paying attention, and I cant stand stories like that because it doesnt feel clever in anyway, it just feels like Im missing the parts of the story so it becomes just a little bit understandable. I love complex narratives but doing them in this way ruins it for me as it just does it to build up to the twist that I wont care about because I have no investment in the story because the story gave me nothing to get invested in.

Gameplay is easily the best part though, but sadly the overall weak story imo and bad level design kinda kills it.

I got the Season Pass through the Super Deluxe Edition, it's unfortunate they didn't lower the price for the standalone pass. About Contr

• edited December 2019

The main problem is that the mechanics were way too obvious. Especially the checkpoints with a reset option, it makes everyone who played or heard of Dark Souls go "Wow, this is so Dark Souls-ish". It isn't like The Last of Us whose third person over-the-shoulder camera was inspired by Resident Evil 4 because TLOU has a much different feel than having the same mechanic with just a different theme.

I'm not necessarily saying it's a bad thing but it makes me feel EA wants to earn forgiveness by just looking at games that people love the most and use them to make a combination of the beloved projects to earn their audience back. I'm not letting them fool me more than twice.

If those mechanics worked in those games, there's no harm in carrying them over to your own game, they aren't exclusive to a developer who implemented them first

• edited December 2019

Checkpoints with respawning enemies from Dark Souls

dark souls did not invent, nor popularize this. this was a thing in many different forms since the ps2.

Climbing system from Uncharted

uncharted did not invent the climbing system it uses. yes, it popularized and perfected it, but it did not create the trend.

Exploration environment from God of War

yeah, every zelda game, resident evil game, silent hill game and spyro game didn't happen before god of war i guess. two whole devil may cry games, 3 whole jak games and shadow of the colossus didn't happen before god of war. exploration in environments was invented in march of 2005 as we all know.

Challenging combat from Sekiro Shadows Die Twice

*******WHEEEEEZEEEE*********

frankly i'm not even mad you shit all over jedi: fallen order because of your anti-EA bias, i haven't even played the game yet and frankly i have no interest. it's more the complete lack of respect for gaming history that makes me sad boy hours

• edited December 2019

Leia, Rey and Padmé

• I knew it was gonna be a Twi'lek.

Used to be that Twi’lek from Knights of the old republic until I found out she was 14

• Bruh, you just a normie pleb.

Leia, Rey and Padmé

• Lol ok ok I'll stop messing around

I'll be honest, Princess Leia

Bruh, you just a normie pleb.

• I don't view EA in the best of light, but perhaps Respawn, the developer, examined aspects of critically acclaimed titles, and wanted to fit them into their game? You don't have to credit that to EA, credit it to Respawn.

But, in all fairness, EA should be given some amount of credit for letting Respawn have control over what Jedi Fallen Order is and was to become, rather than demand it be a live-service, pay-to-win product like other titles under the EA umbrella.

Like I said previously, mechanics aren't exclusive to a developer, everyone is free to use them, even EA, despite their rather terrible reputation.

The main problem is that the mechanics were way too obvious. Especially the checkpoints with a reset option, it makes everyone who played or

• edited December 2019

This doesn't interest me all that much, but for those who are interested in Star Wars, more specifically, the games, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order 2 may be in the works. According to gamesradar:

A sequel to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order could already be in the works at Respawn Entertainment, with three new job listings on the developer's website confirming that the Apex Legends studio is creating a new game set in a universe far, far away...

Three postings for a Senior Character Artist, Level Designer, and Senior Software Engineer reveal that Respawn's "Star Wars team" is working on a "third person action/adventure game", a description which fits the same genre that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order comfortably sits in.

While the vacancies don't outright confirm that this new project is a direct sequel to Respawn's recently released Star Wars title, it wouldn't be a surprise if such a thing has already been greenlit. The game broke sales records for publisher Electronic Arts, while Respawn Brand Strategy Director Charlie Houser recently told GamesRadar that the team would love to continue the story of Cal Kestis if it got the chance.

I shared most of the interesting details above, but for those who prefer to read the article, here's the link: https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-sequel/

EDIT: I found Respawn's career page, which does show the job listings, if anyone wants to take a gander, then here you go: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/worldwide-studios/respawn

• What can I say, we 'muricans are blessed by the gods.

'Murica May I receive 5-6 likes for this comment? pls?

• No love for us Irish :cry:

What can I say, we 'muricans are blessed by the gods.

• edited December 2019

Man GameStop ain’t doing so well ,if they want to bring back customers stop making used games more expensive than new ones

It’s been 7 to 8 years since I last visited there.

Hell even I miss Blockbuster in the sense last time I went to Blockbuster I saw TTG The Walking Dead cardboard Cutouts of Lee Everett and Clementine.

Man how times have changed and good memories die hard.

• I think the increasing use of purchasing games digitally is playing a hand in Gamestop's decline, last generation they were a brute, they were successful, but with the start of this generation, physical copies of games have become a rare commodity, only really purchased by players who prefer physical discs, rather than have something purely digital.

Their pricing doesn't really help either I guess, I wouldn't know as I didn't go to Gamestop ever in my life, at least, I do not recall, but I can see why they would have expensive items, such as old games, being quite expensive. They are losing money, they are declining.

Slashing prices, which would be good, and generate a good buzz from customers, is a decent option, but, I view it as a bit of a risk too, if they are not earning a lot of money, then lower their prices, they may make even less money, as then it'll boil down to if people want a physical copy or digital, and with digital distribution being as popular as it is, to me, it seems that may only hurt Gamestop even further.

Man GameStop ain’t doing so well ,if they want to bring back customers stop making used games more expensive than new ones It’s been 7

• I have some irish blood.

No love for us Irish

• Dude, I never even said that copying those mechanics was a bad thing. I don't even hate the game. The way the game is unoptimized is what I actually hate.

Checkpoints with respawning enemies from Dark Souls dark souls did not invent, nor popularize this. this was a thing in many differe

• 100% sure?

Certainly

• edited December 2019

Lbh tho them Star Wars aliens low-key kinda do slap, especially Klaud

DabigRG posted: »

I knew it was gonna be a Twi'lek.

• So, someone tried to dub over onision's rage. And its hilarious!
    https://twitter.com/DanielTG85/status/1210631055696433152

• edited December 2019

I'm not necessarily saying it's a bad thing but it makes me feel EA wants to earn forgiveness by just looking at games that people love the most and use them to make a combination of the beloved projects to earn their audience back. I'm not letting them fool me more than twice.

Eh, for me it seemed a lot like something on the developer's side. As in, they like parts of these games and want to make a Star Wars game, simply put, and the pitching process is like "how about Star Wars Dark Souls? (e.g., etc.)" so yeah I agree it feels really inspired and maybe even too familiar for its own good. I agree with you that EA wants to earn forgiveness, but the developers could've made a great star wars game in a number of ways, I think EA gave Respawn the reigns for this one and they didn't dictate how they gameplay would work.

The main problem is that the mechanics were way too obvious. Especially the checkpoints with a reset option, it makes everyone who played or

• Who?

Lbh tho them Star Wars aliens low-key kinda do slap, especially Klaud

• Kenobi, of course

• Bitch, you just want a sugar daddy.

bruzdaa posted: »

Kenobi, of course

• Anyone listening to Linkin Park Marathon before 2020 begins?

I miss that band😓

• I just finished day 1 of the saitama training regime.... What?!? It's a new years resolution!

• ...For 2019? Kinda late to start now, 3 days left of the year. Better late than never I guess.

I just finished day 1 of the saitama training regime.... What?!? It's a new years resolution!

• No, its for 2020. I'm starting early.

captainivy1 posted: »

...For 2019? Kinda late to start now, 3 days left of the year. Better late than never I guess.

• Anyone want to say anything about their 2019 experience ?

I just wanted to say that it was an decent year I mean sure we get to finish The Walking Dead : TFS which I know most of the people here were less then thrilled not just the ending but how some of the episodes were written I try too look at the bright side of things but yeah I wish Take Us Back headed to a different route which would’ve made the game much more enjoyable.

The positive side note was that at least they made up their mistakes on what they did in ANF but over all was the best TTG I’ve ever played.

Secondly about 2019 when it comes to the movies I did have some movies that were worth watching like Crawl which by far was worth watching even though I haven’t been that active on going too any movie theater to be honest and if I do go to the movies hopefully James Cameron's Avatar will come out.

when it came too social media this year, it was meh??

With what’s going on Facebook,Twitter and now Youtube I don’t know what to say other then the bombardment of censorship taking a toll on its content creators and google needs to learn not to be doing that because they don’t want to be the next MySpace and they don’t want to risk that.

The gaming awards was something , seeing trailers of the upcoming Resident Evil 3 reboot looked sick and looking forward in the future.

When it comes to memes the baby Yoda was adorable but the OK Boomer is disrespectful and I understand why that meme had to be created but yeah I don’t think that meme ain’t going away anytime soon.

How about you guys how was your 2019 experience ?

• This year was the shittiest of all my years.

I dealt with depression.

My mom and dad are getting a divorce.

I found out my dad was cheating on my mom.

My dad had secret kids with multiple random chicks when my mom and dad were married.

My dad tried to hurt me.

My dad tried to hurt my mother.

My dad threatened to kill my mother.

Anyone want to say anything about their 2019 experience ? I just wanted to say that it was an decent year I mean sure we get to finish Th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.