The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• One more day until Avatar The Last Airbender goes on netflix in the usa...

God, I am so hyped right now.

• edited May 2020

They are already developing Unreal Engine 5? I don't think I remember any important games made through UE4, can someone list me those games?

• edited May 2020

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games#Unreal_Engine_4

Just scrolling through teh list I see Dead by Daylight, the remastered arkham games, spyro remastered, hellblade, little nightmares, life is strange 2, kingdom hearts 3, gears of war 4 and 5, borderlands 3, A way out, star wars jedi fallen order, state of decay 2, street fighter v, outer worlds, the sinking city, we happy few, what remains of edith finch (fantastic game), the wolf among us 2 whenever that rolls out, and same for bloodlines 2. And fortnite.

Those are the ones that I know just by quickly scrolling through anyway.

AronDracula posted: »

They are already developing Unreal Engine 5? I don't think I remember any important games made through UE4, can someone list me those games?

• from what i remember the most important games made on UE4 were The Outer Worlds,Borderlands 3,Gears 5,Days Gone,Kingdom Hearts 3,and PUBG

AronDracula posted: »

• Yeah, there's also Dragon Ball FighterZ.

But damn, most of the games made in ue4 were awesome!

captainivy1 posted: »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games#Unreal_Engine_4 Just scrolling through teh list I see Dead by Daylight, the rem

• edited May 2020

Speaking of PUBG , Season 13 of PUBG is having action figures which looks exactly like Power Rangers which I’m less impressed considering I like militaristic/ apocalyptic and warrior outfits etc.

It would be extremely insulting if they had a season 14 reference to Teletubbies ..

iFoRias posted: »

from what i remember the most important games made on UE4 were The Outer Worlds,Borderlands 3,Gears 5,Days Gone,Kingdom Hearts 3,and PUBG

• I’ve been baking quarantine cakes since all of this started 🤠 that is all

• edited May 2020

Covid-19 + the Asian hornets = Dead Rising

Melton23 posted: »

I’ve been baking quarantine cakes since all of this started 🤠 that is all

• It would be extremely insulting if they had a season 14 reference to Teletubbies ..

Dude don't insult my boy Tinky-Winky like that. Teletubbies was the shit when I was 2 years old.

Speaking of PUBG , Season 13 of PUBG is having action figures which looks exactly like Power Rangers which I’m less impressed considering I

• I would assume they may have approached the voice cast first? Nothing to really confirm how it all went down, just that Erin said AdHoc wasn't on board until November. If there was a voice actor who knew before everyone else it was probably Adam, but Erin probably was told not long after. I'm sure actors like Dave, Gavin, and Melissa are all going to return as well and really the people who were all pretty common in reoccurring roles in Telltale games, I do wonder if there will be any recasting. (For example I know Jack's voice actor was never really much of an actor and has seemingly either stopped acting or has not been offered or applied for more roles.)

lupinb0y posted: »

they did say "modified UE4" which I thought was weird and could be what he was referring to UE5 but I kinda doubt that. There have b

• edited May 2020

Do we know if it (Wolf 2) is Unreal Engine 4 or 5? They're early enough in the development processto upgrade to Unreal Engine 5 without wasting money.

All Jamie Otillie ever said was it will be "Unreal Engine." He never speciifed.

captainivy1 posted: »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games#Unreal_Engine_4 Just scrolling through teh list I see Dead by Daylight, the rem

• I'd assume its probably still UE4, fairly certain the reveal trailer is done in UE4.

Granted not a lot of work has been done and it is mostly just creating assets so porting what they do have probably wouldn't be the hardest thing to do. But it really comes down to how well of a relationship New Telltale and Epic have and if New Telltale who is just starting up wants to risk working on brand new tech. (Granted UE4 to UE5 is mostly a tech jump and realistically shouldnt be a jump that would leave people who use UE4 in the dark, but Telltale may want to just play it safe and use what they know the people they will be hiring have full understanding of.)

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Do we know if it (Wolf 2) is Unreal Engine 4 or 5? They're early enough in the development processto upgrade to Unreal Engine 5 without wasting money. All Jamie Otillie ever said was it will be "Unreal Engine." He never speciifed.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Apparently AdHoc joined kinda last minute according to Erin Yvette saying AdHoc was not approached until November.

Ooh, where did you read about that? I hadn't heard about that.

Poogers555 posted: »

Wolf 2 has been completely rebooted from scratch. Old Telltale was going to use Unity, New Telltale is using Unreal Engine 4, which I doubt

• edited May 2020

I cant remember where exactly it is said time wise, 90% sure she says during one of their breaks, its not said during the first 5 minute "pre-show" though.

Edit: 1 hour 4 minutes is where she starts talking about orignal Wolf 2 development and how she hopes the original idea is turned into twau 3.

1 hour 6 minutes she brings up how LCG got involved and a month before the game awards

(in retrospective re-listening I cant tell if she means she was approached to do the voice or AdHoc was approached, but she does say development pretty much just started so I would assume that means November is when she and AdHoc were approached.)

dojo32161 posted: »

Apparently AdHoc joined kinda last minute according to Erin Yvette saying AdHoc was not approached until November. Ooh, where did you read about that? I hadn't heard about that.

• 18 minute special presentation on Ghost of Tsushima gameplay just aired

• These guys developed a text-to-speech AI that can simulate emotion and it's pretty damn impressive! It actually sounds like a human being with feelings. It's meant for commercial use so it's not free for everyone to just test out.

How the program works is that there are a number of voice models that you can choose from to perform dialogue you wrote, then you "direct" the voice by changing the level of emotion from subdued to full blown crying as seen in the video, the pacing of the dialogue and a few other things.

• It's been years and I just remembered this place. Thought that I would pop back in and I'm surprised to see it's still around.

• Hey! Long time no see. It's pretty relaxed here, and surprisingly it's still around. Good to see you again.

It's been years and I just remembered this place. Thought that I would pop back in and I'm surprised to see it's still around.

• Hey! I might end up hanging around, actually. I only visited on whim, but I realize that I kind of missed this place. It's good to see you too and that this place is still around.

Hey! Long time no see. It's pretty relaxed here, and surprisingly it's still around. Good to see you again.

• We never met but welcome back anyway always good to see some old members popping in sometimes.

It's been years and I just remembered this place. Thought that I would pop back in and I'm surprised to see it's still around.

• @MetallicaRules

Avatar The Last Airbender is now out on netflix in the USA!!!

God, I am so excited. I am gonna watch it when I get done with my classes. This'll be fun.

• edited May 2020

Enjoy it, man. You're probably at a great age to discover it and enjoy it all. It's fun, well-written, and at times pretty mature. I really wish I'd found out about this show 10, 15 years ago since I feel like I missed out on the awesome hype train. Plus, I'm sure my child self would have loved it. (Er, not that I don't enjoy it now, but c'mon. It's a dope cartoon for anyone, it's just geared towards kids.)

Up here in Canada, we've had ATLA for just under 2 years on Netflix. But for me, I just got to the ending so I'll be watching the 4-part finale for the first time tonight. Wooo!

@MetallicaRules Avatar The Last Airbender is now out on netflix in the USA!!! God, I am so excited. I am gonna watch it when I get done with my classes. This'll be fun.

• Welcome back! @AChicken took over your Birthday Thread, so it's still going!

• Yeah, I've watched the first two episodes. This good so far, can't wait to continue watching this.

Up here in Canada, we've had ATLA for just under 2 years on Netflix. But for me, I just got to the ending so I'll be watching the 4-part finale for the first time tonight. Wooo!

Maple syrup, and ATLA on Netflix before the USA... Man, you are lucky.

AChicken posted: »

Enjoy it, man. You're probably at a great age to discover it and enjoy it all. It's fun, well-written, and at times pretty mature. I really

• Maple syrup, and ATLA on Netflix before the USA... Man, you are lucky.

He also gets poutine with actual cheese curds.

Yeah, I've watched the first two episodes. This good so far, can't wait to continue watching this. Up here in Canada, we've had ATLA f

• edited May 2020

Apparently AdHoc joined kinda last minute according to Erin Yvette saying AdHoc was not approached until November.

Do you have a link for it? I believe you, but I'd like to see the tweet/comment/statement for myself just to read over what Erin said

EDIT: Never mind, saw you already shared it with dojo, thanks for doing that

Poogers555 posted: »

Wolf 2 has been completely rebooted from scratch. Old Telltale was going to use Unity, New Telltale is using Unreal Engine 4, which I doubt

• So Paper Mario: The Origami King was announced yesterday:

Haven't played any title in this Series, but I like the look of this, it seems fun, and very pleasing to the eye.

• The Epic Games Store is currently having a Mega Sale with some pretty nice deals, I'll list some below, note these will be in Euro, so the price may not be the same in your region:

The Division 2: €9.89
    Slime Rancher: €7.99
    The Telltale Batman Shadows Collection: €12.49
    Far Cry New Dawn: €17.99
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey: €19.79
    Metro Exodus: €19.99

And Grand Theft Auto V is the Free Game for this week, I feel these are all good deals, so if you are looking for some good games at decent value, I'd be on it like a car bonnet

• edited May 2020

Is anyone in this community going out at this point prior to the current situation with Covid?

I'm still not going out 😆

• You should stay in. In our area almost everything have gone back to normal, besides still having online-only schools and needing a masks still be recommended to go into store. Not many people care about the quarentine anymore, though the people in charge are still cautioning against it. My mom is fed up with it :D . She literally wants to go down to their office or wherever they live and give them an earfull.

Is anyone in this community going out at this point prior to the current situation with Covid? (Spoiler)

• Anyone here have shadows edition on Epic?

I've been curious as to how it works. As far as I'm aware, I'm pretty sure they had to compile the two games into a collection with new menus, since the store listing isn't a bundle. Want to see the new menus (and maybe datamine it if it isn't the same as Steam)

The Epic Games Store is currently having a Mega Sale with some pretty nice deals, I'll list some below, note these will be in Euro, so the p

• Good to hear you enjoy it so far, it just gets better and better with every season.

@MetallicaRules Avatar The Last Airbender is now out on netflix in the USA!!! God, I am so excited. I am gonna watch it when I get done with my classes. This'll be fun.

• I live in New Jersey, pretty much everything is still shut down. Courses just opened last week, but other than that, places like gyms, barbers, and restaurants are still closed. Even the courses are extremely limited, about 25%-50% capacity and only letting people go out in twosomes.

I was down in Georgia/South Carolina last week to visit my mother for Mother's Day. Georgia has started reopening, and South Carolina, while a little behind, has also started. And I got to tell you, it was great. Restaurants are doing outdoor seating, using disposable menus and utensils, and maintaining social distancing. Courses are operating at almost normal capacity. Barbershops and salons, as well as gyms and other businesses, are open as well. And what they're seeing so far is that there hasn't been a huge increase in cases, Georgia reported their lowest cases a couple of days ago.

So long as people are responsible, which they have predominantly been, there should be no harm. People know there's still a risk, but they also know we can't stay locked up forever and want to go back outside, live their lives, and go back to work.

Is anyone in this community going out at this point prior to the current situation with Covid? (Spoiler)

• Picked up gta this morning. Not even 7% finished downloading 🙃

The Epic Games Store is currently having a Mega Sale with some pretty nice deals, I'll list some below, note these will be in Euro, so the p

• Ngl, I actually stopped going out once news broke out. I think about a week or two after it was announced I got sick, so I took the day off of work, which then turned into 2 weeks because of the pandemic, and just when I’m getting ready to go back it’s become indefinite until every becomes under control. Went a bit insane the other day though and visited by aunty (who’s a nurse so we were safe) for her birthday. Literally the only time I’ve left the house in like 2 months tho I swear.

• I have gone out a number of times, the majority of which were walking my two wonderful Yorkshire Terrier dogs that belong to the family, another occasion was when I went to the football pitch with three of my friends.

Over here in Ireland, some public facilities like football pitches are becoming available for use again, and I think today, the government is allowing groups of up to four people to be together, while maintaining a 2 metre distance between each other.

I honestly think we have handled it pretty well, we can't deny that the amount of loss that this coronavirus pandemic has caused is great (by great I mean large), the government(s) is under constant scrutiny over attempts to bring back normality, and I think that stems from the fear of things worsening, but if attempts aren't made to try and re-establish a sense of normality, that fear will stick, we'll adapt to it, we'll get by it, and we will apply what we learned from this into the future, we have to.

To conclude, I want to say I hope everyone is doing alright, and wish you all, your family and friends continued safety

• Haha unlucky mate, let it download at night, there's less network traffic during the later hours, so it'll hopefully be faster for you, that's what I do anyways :joy:

Picked up gta this morning. Not even 7% finished downloading 🙃

• Majority of my relatives live in Toms River NJ , it’s been a crappy experience for my family their not too mention my cousin graduates in her living room.

And worst part she spied her coffee on her laptop while doing her finals.

I live in New Jersey, pretty much everything is still shut down. Courses just opened last week, but other than that, places like gyms, barbe

• I’m still a under lockdown gyms reopened but it’s not worth it.

Ngl, I actually stopped going out once news broke out. I think about a week or two after it was announced I got sick, so I took the day off

• Are they happy or reluctant to hear that Murphy is planning on getting the beaches open? I have a few friends who are still in college doing a 5th year, and they're also having their commencement pushed to online because of everything. Hopefully the laptop wasn't too damaged.

Majority of my relatives live in Toms River NJ , it’s been a crappy experience for my family their not too mention my cousin graduates in her living room. And worst part she spied her coffee on her laptop while doing her finals.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.