The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited May 2020

Why not, I'm just going to say what I've been thinking,

It's a shitty game anyway. Nobody should care. Use your money elsewhere rather than buying the game.

When a mofo trys to spoil a game for you but you've seen the leaks already.

• edited May 2020

havent posted on here in a while but i just wanna say i beat all the uncharted games and 1 and 3 are a 6/10 at best, 2 is great, and 4 is in my top 25 easily. and i finished playing them all just in time for naughty dog's latest drama lmao

• It doesn't matter what you think. Forming an opinion by taking pieces of advice from someone else seems way too ridiculous, especially for Naughty Dog fans like me. As someone who has been a fan since I played the first Uncharted game, it's better for me to analyse their latest game by recording my blind playthrough and share my thoughts. My expectations for the game are pretty low, just like everyone else but at least I need to see why they executed the story that way.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Why not, I'm just going to say what I've been thinking, It's a shitty game anyway. Nobody should care. Use your money elsewhere rather than buying the game.

• I don't know why, but I looked at my schedule for the last few days of school I have. And it made me feel emotional.

For almost twelve whole months, I've been working my ass off while dealing with that shitty divorce. And I was a fucking jack-off, that's not to say I'm not one. But, look at me now. I've pretty much become a different person, I have a few people on this forum who pretty much turned me around. (You guys know who you are.) I remember being a pissy little brat who was always so mentally exhausted and frustrated. And, I've gotten over some of that.

To me, it's almost like that wasn't even me.

I've changed myself, so much. And it's not even to the point where it's scary, it's to the point where it's good. I've learned so much from then, I really have. Halfway through the year, I was put in the 'Junior National Honours society'. And, it boosted my confidence. If there was a way to get high off of confidence, I'm sure I figured it out. lol

I know, I know; this was sorta random, just felt like sharing. As you guys have put up with me, for a long time. lol

Anyway, cheers to a better school year for my fellow students. (And one without a fucking pandemic.)

• edited May 2020

Remembered I still own A New Frontier since I didn't sell it and thinking of replaying it for its own sake, plus I seem to recall there being updates a while back. Here's my previous choices via the mic function while I'm at it though:

you and 45.4% of players chose to head back out on the road you and 52.2% of players chose to let the driver go you and 5.7% of players were allowed to roam free you and 50.3% of players went with Eleanor to the junkyard you and 15.9% of players escape with your family

you and 60.8% of players told David that Kate want to believe in you and 40.6% of players surrendered you and 13.8% of players tied his hands together you and 10.6% of players like Conrad cat for Clementine you and 95.9% of players capitulated to Max's demands

you and 65.7% of players demanded Justice from Ariana's murder you and 15.1% of players didn't risk using the medicine you and 5.3% of players let someone else kill bad you and 56.5% of players brought Max back with you you and 46.7% of players chose to leave with Kate

you and 91.4% of players promised you'd help Kate you and 46.3% of players refuse to kill lingard you and 22% of players didn't share Kate's feelings you and 41.4% of players try to save Tripp you and 43.4% of players chose to take the deal

you in a personal players disappointed David when you didn't stand with him I also got the Caitlin goes missing ending remember anything else

Edit: the reason the other choices are missing is because the game apparently didn't save when I last beat the game beyond achievements and the guts/Tudor scene

your experience with David was dysfunctional you except they were saying is that the punched you with on the night of your father don't you try to leave Richmond without Rich David in his time of need to distance yourself from David after the Cascade shot in the Birmingham from Turner
    the expanse wiki was friendly you're relieved to see KO laughing at junkyard you support a case plan to escape Richmond anything's once and for all you would get the key after you say Richmond Kate was nowhere to be found
    your experience with gay boys considerate you upset gay by not staying in the trailer for the night you told Gabe the truth about his neighborhood friend after David drove away with gave you went after your nephew you encourage gave to honor the memories of those we lost
    you rescued trip by promising you wouldn't cause trouble in Prescott then you went behind trips back to get to the junkyard sooner finally picked up the lift but Jones shot him to teach you a lesson you took Eleanor up on her offer to sneak away on horses to the junkyard been Illinois Link your plant inside resident resistance against Joan ultimately you did not forgive Eleanor for her betrayal I don't remember that but okay
    clementines who gave up on her offer to meet join the New Frontier then you convinced able to help you after you she caught you and gave stealing guns in the end despite your not picking her to live a fat Jack's BBQ on the overpass Clement I'm heated Len guards medical advice regarding AJ can you refuse to give lingard a lethal injection after the chaos Lynn. Told you where it was locate
    you coach francini through Conrad's poker game in the end Conrad wouldn't have made it without you also will you told Conrad that Francine had good taste in books when you first met Jesus you didn't trust him so you found his hands then you promised Jesus to always do the right thing and it's helping Richmond survive last week you told Jesus you didn't want to leave Richmond
    you told Joan the New Frontier was to blame for Mariano's death then you brought mix to expose Joan to the Richmond Council currently Jones whereabouts are unknown click kick you out of Richmond for stealing gas then you took Clint steel in spirit Jones life finally David shot Clint on stage after you agreed to Clint's deal
    you ain't percent disappointed day but we didn't stand up with him you want to pick up soon 15.9% of players can I have the mission with Kate but David believe you even 36.5% of players fought back as David took his anger out on you you ain't 35.9% of players when I forgave after the fight with David, and followed her own plant splitting up with you and 53.3% of players
    your Clementine became selfless and share they travel solo for dangerous territory in her brief to have a new frontier she will try to live up to the standards of group but didn't hesitate and physically judge their hypocritical behavior when Javi and David fought at water Tower clean remember to a similar fate long ago on snow-covered rest stop police shot to stop David spots without killing them once they've it left in the truck we gave clam knew she needed to look out for the needs of her group first and foremost is that help feet and sealing the breach in Richmond

• your experience with gay boys considerate you upset gay by not staying in the trailer

um ok dabig very cool

DabigRG posted: »

Remembered I still own A New Frontier since I didn't sell it and thinking of replaying it for its own sake, plus I seem to recall there bein

• your experience with gay boys considerate you upset gay

Remembered I still own A New Frontier since I didn't sell it and thinking of replaying it for its own sake, plus I seem to recall there bein

• edited May 2020

@iFoRias I'm okay dabig very cool

Yeah I saw that and thought y'all would get a kick out of it. :sweat_smile:
    I guess I was just talking too fast at that point, cause it understood his name perfectly before.

Shout-out to Caitlin, Araina, gave up, and friggin Illinois while we're at it.

lupinb0y posted: »

your experience with gay boys considerate you upset gay

• YouTube's latest update sucks...not only. Switch the recriminations with comments but especially the comments when you click on a comment and exit out you can't scroll down a comment section you have to start over from the top comments and make your way down again.

Which by far pisses me off I wonder then YouTube is going back too the old update because this is trash.

• your experience with gay boys considerate you upset gay by not staying in the trailer

• Me getting sniped by a hack while hiding in a perfect position.

your experience with gay boys considerate you upset gay by not staying in the trailer

• I think i'm guilty of doing that to someone on roblox. lol

Me getting sniped by a hack while hiding in a perfect position.

• Either reread the first paragraph or see the follow-up post, buddu

your experience with gay boys considerate you upset gay by not staying in the trailer

• edited May 2020

Same, used to play this game in roblox used to use the gravity spring to jump into a tree with a sniper rifle and pick people off at distance. Until they saw where the bullets came from and did the same to me. :\ As did the same while riding on the head of a killer T-rex. That game was bugged as frick.

I think i'm guilty of doing that to someone on roblox. lol

• A new Playstation State of Play stream coming on Thursday. It'll focus exclusively on Ghost of Tsushima, including new looks at gameplay. No PS5 news yet.

• Just smile and wave boys. Just smile and wave.

Praise @InGen_Nate_Kenny

• I'm finished with classes until the Fall, I'm still without a job, and lord knows when all this chaos is finally gonna end. I can't help but feel like this is gonna be a really long three months.

• Me, not-so-casually waiting for Avatar The Last Airbender to hit netflix.

• Unreal Engine 5 has been revealed!

• Me when I wait for my package from Amazon.

Me, not-so-casually waiting for Avatar The Last Airbender to hit netflix.

• TWAU2 is going to be on Unreal engine. I wonder if it's meant to be a launch title for UR5 or if they're going to release it on 4.

Unreal Engine 5 has been revealed!

• Im assuming some devs do have the engine already and due to Wolf Among Us 2 having a deal with Epic it is possible Wolf 2 will use Unreal 5. But realistically I think it will probably still use 4.

booper posted: »

TWAU2 is going to be on Unreal engine. I wonder if it's meant to be a launch title for UR5 or if they're going to release it on 4.

• edited May 2020

I found a really interesting interview with Troy Baker recently about how he started up in the industry and some great career developments for him. Here's some best bits.

"So in 2007, 2008, a guy I had never met before named Jack Fletcher told Square Enix, 'This is the guy that I want to play this new character Snow in the Final Fantasy game, and if you don't say yes, then I quit,'" Baker tells me of how he got the role of Snow in the English dub of Final Fantasy 13. "It was a power play on his part because he wanted to know that the team trusted him, but believe you me, when I walked into that session, he told me, 'Don't you fuck this up, because both of our jobs are on the line.' So all of a sudden I go from just being Soldier A or whoever, to thrust into a lead role in a triple-A franchise."

As of late, Baker's been pursuing being on "the other side of the glass." He's directing more, after dabbling with it every now and then with anyone who "was kind enough to go, 'Hey, why don't you do this?'" He got his first shot at formally directing under Monolith Productions, as a performance capture director on Middle-earth: Shadow of War. The bonus gig, on top of him already portraying the lead, Talion, was offered by Monolith after a conversation about looking for directors. It was a teaching moment for the actor.
    "I learned then that directing something that you're the lead of is really, really hard to do," he says. "Especially when it's your first big, triple-A title. [You] probably shouldn't be the director and the lead, and they were kind enough to lovingly be patient with me through that."

Baker's now voice directing the adventure-musical Chorus, which after a successful crowdfunding round on Fig, is in active development alongside acclaimed composer Austin Wintory (Journey, The Banner Saga) and former BioWare lead writer David Gaider, among others. Actress Laura Bailey is the lead. (The two have been co-stars many times over the years, from the upcoming Marvel's Avengers to Catherine.) Baker's background as a musician makes it a project near and dear to his heart.

In November, Baker appeared as the villain Higgs in Metal Gear Solid director Hideo Kojima's latest project, Death Stranding. It's a game that stars more household names than maybe any other video game before it, and among them is video games' own A-list star: Troy Baker. And he was cast, pretty much, before he even knew it.
    "Hideo came to me and I think it was actually at DICE, and was like, 'I want to put you in the game.' I was like, 'Dude, I will work for you any day of the week and twice on Sunday.' And then that just kept building. Then one time we were at Comic-Con at the EW party, and I get a tap on my shoulder and [Hideo] goes, come here I want you to meet somebody. And it was Norman [Reedus]. He goes like, 'Here's your costar.' [Norman's] like, 'Oh, you're the guy they've been telling me about!' I'm like, 'What is happening right now?' And that's how I found out I was gonna be in Death Stranding."
    [...] Luckily for Baker, a seasoned pro on the mocap stage at this point, his frequent on-screen co-star Norman Reedus was down for basically anything. Even that one scene.

"[H]e had to give me permission to do some stuff like lick his face," adds Baker. "That was the first day of shooting. I was like, 'this is going to get real awkward, real quick.' I think it was the third scene, the second scene that we shot. They were like, 'No, you're gonna actually, we need you to lick his face.' I'm like, [claps], it's mocap. You guys can do amazing things. And [Norman's] like, 'Fuck it dude, let's go for it.' He's a good dude. Really really good dude. [...] A good actor is a good actor. Whether it be on TV film or on stage or on mocap stage."
    Here's that weiiird scene in question. Troy seemed to have a really fun time playing Higgs in the game.

• I can't believe he actually licked Norman Reedus's face! XD

Whenever Troy's voice goes low during that scene it sounds exactly like Joel. Didn't notice the first time.

AChicken posted: »

I found a really interesting interview with Troy Baker recently about how he started up in the industry and some great career developments f

• I can't believe he actually licked Norman Reedus's face! XD

GAH! I can't believe it either! When I first saw it, I thought it was some mocap trickery, but no!! This dude actually licked Norman Fucking Reedus' face!

I can't believe he actually licked Norman Reedus's face! XD Whenever Troy's voice goes low during that scene it sounds exactly like Joel. Didn't notice the first time.

• edited May 2020

SMH. I can already tell that the LGBT community made fanarts for the ship between Norman and Troy.

I can't believe he actually licked Norman Reedus's face! XD GAH! I can't believe it either! When I first saw it, I thought it was some mocap trickery, but no!! This dude actually licked Norman Fucking Reedus' face!

• First Reedus Fetus, now Joel licking Daryl.

• edited May 2020

Unreal 5 will only launch mid 2021 and it seems like they're still be working on it since development only started in 2018, so I don't think it's been made available to developers yet and if it has then possibly only to Sony since Epic is working closely with them on this.

Interestingly enough, Fortnite seems to be the first game that will be using UE5.

booper posted: »

TWAU2 is going to be on Unreal engine. I wonder if it's meant to be a launch title for UR5 or if they're going to release it on 4.

• not gonna lie dude, the tone of this comment feels super weirdly dismissive and passive aggressive towards the lgbt community. kinda getting weird vibes from it.

AronDracula posted: »

SMH. I can already tell that the LGBT community made fanarts for the ship between Norman and Troy.

• Wolf 2 has been completely rebooted from scratch. Old Telltale was going to use Unity, New Telltale is using Unreal Engine 4, which I doubt will change, I dont think they will switch to UE5. (iirc they did say "modified UE4" which I thought was weird and could be what he was referring to UE5 but I kinda doubt that.)

I do wonder when the game will release or start to truly begin production. Apparently AdHoc joined kinda last minute according to Erin Yvette saying AdHoc was not approached until November. (It was probably their goal to always get AdHoc but they most likely wanted to get everything in order to really show to them that "Hey we really care about making this correctly." So they'd hop on board.)

Unreal 5 will only launch mid 2021 and it seems like they're still be working on it since development only started in 2018, so I don't think

• edited May 2020

they did say "modified UE4" which I thought was weird and could be what he was referring to UE5 but I kinda doubt that.

There have been a number of games that use modified versions of game engines. It's usually just a version of the engine that has been upgraded/tweaked to specifically fit the kind of game they're making. Off the top of my head there's the Titanfall 1, 2 and Apex Legends which run on heavily modified versions of the Source Engine (not Source 2) which allows for better visuals, lighting and physics. Dontnod used a modified UE3 for Life is Strange which they created for their previous game, Remember Me and then a modified UE4 for Life is Strange 2 in order to get some of the effects they used in the games.

If Adhoc are using a modified version of UE4 then maybe it's been tweaked to achieve the same kind of artstyle, lighting and gameplay the original Wolf had.

Apparently AdHoc joined kinda last minute according to Erin Yvette saying AdHoc was not approached until November.

Did New Telltale approach the voice case first before approaching Adhoc?

Poogers555 posted: »

Wolf 2 has been completely rebooted from scratch. Old Telltale was going to use Unity, New Telltale is using Unreal Engine 4, which I doubt

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited May 2020

They are going to be rereleasing/remastering the Mafia game series.

I loved Mafia 1 when first came out and haven’t played it for years and would love to replay it with updated graphics.

• I can't resist these fur balls

• I wonder if they'll leave Mafia 3 untouched or not, since I've heard that M3 was (and still is) an underbaked, buggy game that really needed more time in the developer oven.

OzzyUK posted: »

They are going to be rereleasing/remastering the Mafia game series. https://twitter.com/mafiagame/status/1260570564844040194 I loved

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

They are remastering all three games, Mafia 2 is good too but i found the missions in Mafia 3 to be a bit repetitive.

I wonder if they'll leave Mafia 3 untouched or not, since I've heard that M3 was (and still is) an underbaked, buggy game that really needed more time in the developer oven.

• Gosh, I hope they won't mess it up. Mafia 1 is one of my favourite games and most people only played Mafia 2, so it'd be sad if their only experience with the first game was a glitchy remake.

Still, I heard some rumours that they'd only announce Mafia 2 and 3 remasters, so getting Mafia 1 as well is a nice surprise. I'm pretty excited. Those screens look great. Hopefully they won't change the soundtrack too much, I think they removed some tracks when they re-released it on Steam... Also I'd love it if they included the original Czech dub, but that's probably just wishful thinking, kek.

They are going to be rereleasing/remastering the Mafia game series. https://twitter.com/mafiagame/status/1260570564844040194 I loved

• i found the missions in Mafia 3 to be a bit repetitive.

Yeah that was the biggest issue I had with the game. The game looked great, had a great story, and well written characters with unbelievably good voice acting, but my God was the game extremely repetitive.

They are remastering all three games, Mafia 2 is good too but i found the missions in Mafia 3 to be a bit repetitive.

• I just realized another highly-anticipated game this year that slipped my mind is 12 Minutes. A top-down narrative thriller about a man stuck in a time loop.

The devs still say this thing will be out in 2020, so hopefully that happens. Their twitter page is chock full of development updates and behind-the-scenes work on the game, it's pretty impressive.
    It will be out for Xbox and PC, so I guess I'll have to pray my computer can handle it.

• Yeah, I couldn't finish it due to the repetitiveness. (And I rarely leave games unfinished, so that's saying something) It's a shame, because I was enjoying the story.

i found the missions in Mafia 3 to be a bit repetitive. Yeah that was the biggest issue I had with the game. The game looked great,

• The owner has the special power of knowing what a fox hat is like without having to kill one and skin it.

I can't resist these fur balls

Sign in to comment in this discussion.