The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• After a year in a half... Nintendo Switch still don't got games

• edited February 2021

Lemme see the new Splatoon 3 idols Nintendo.

Also I love that weird fat fish pet thing with the hairdo.

• edited February 2021

After it was seemingly "released" from mail customs over 2 weeks ago, it finally arrived.
    A limited edition plush of DeadlyComics' raccoon avatar.

It's a small 16cm (~6inches) but it's so worth it. I love the guy, love his work, and this plush is really well made. It's got nice soft fabric.

One of these days, I will make do on my resolution. I will try to make a moving picture. It's just so... Daunting to think about
    But I will do it!! :triumph:

• edited February 2021

Never Gonna Give You Up but in 4k 60fps.

• edited February 2021

Yo that's cute as fuck.

One of these days, I will make do on my resolution. I will try to make a moving picture. It's just so... Daunting to think about
    But I will do it!! :triumph:

I believe in you! Also same, I'd love to work on a moving picture. I've luckily worked on a few smaller projects so baby steps (hopefully) :grimace:

AChicken posted: »

After it was seemingly "released" from mail customs over 2 weeks ago, it finally arrived. A limited edition plush of DeadlyComics' raccoon

• edited February 2021

I have no experience at all with 2D animation, only through seeing a lot of it.

But when I was a wee child, I took quite a few summer camps centered around 3D Claymation. So there's that.

lupinb0y posted: »

Yo that's cute as fuck. One of these days, I will make do on my resolution. I will try to make a moving picture. It's just so... Daunt

• They released some animation stills of HBO Max's Aquaman: King of Atlantis, some weird DC animated show I've never heard of.

Every day, we must suffer.

• edited February 2021

Lemme see the new Splatoon 3 idols

The heavy rock-influenced sound of Splat 3 (and Mad Max-like apocalypse) makes me wonder if we'll see a takeoff on KISS in this entry, lol.

lupinb0y posted: »

Lemme see the new Splatoon 3 idols Nintendo. Also I love that weird fat fish pet thing with the hairdo.

• Thundercats?

They released some animation stills of HBO Max's Aquaman: King of Atlantis, some weird DC animated show I've never heard of. Every day, we must suffer.

• Looks like Tarsier Studios are done with Little Nightmares and will be focusing on new IP's from now on.

According to the CEO of Embracer, the publisher that owns Tarsier Studios;

"I'm super-thrilled, and I spoke to the CEO of Tarsier the other day, and congratulated him [on] the critical success of Little Nightmares 2. It's an IP they created, but it's owned by Bandai Namco and published by Bandai Namco, so it doesn't really have any significant commercial impact for us, even though if it does really well it could have some royalty revenues over time. But I'm super excited about them achieving such a game again, because the first game was very well received, and this game looks as well received. Now, having that game created, they will move over to create new IPs, and I'm super excited, and that was the main reason we made this acquisition a bit over a year ago."

This doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be any more games in the series, since Bandai Namco owns the franchise they could hand it over to another developer, but Tarsier won't be involved with the series going forward.

• edited February 2021

Alright, so each region's Star catalog is going to differ slightly, but from what I've gathered from official press releases about everything included in the catalog, most of the Alien and Predator franchises will be included on the service come Monday. (Yes, even the crossover films.)
    So that's Alien 1-4, Prometheus (in some regions), Covenant, Predator 1and 2, Predators, The Predator reboot (in some regions) and the two Alien vs. Predator films.

Example: Here's the official France catalog I've found

And while I haven't found an official PDF Press Release for Canada for myself, a bunch of news outlets are posting similar, or probably identical lists.
    Such as this website
    (Here's a reddit list FAQ with a bunch of different regions' lists.)

The list is looking pretty dang cool for my region, if those end up being true.

There's some pretty mature films on there like for some reason the original Borat film, two of the Transporter movies, the Taken trilogy, 28 Days/Weeks Later, the Die Hard films... Plus there's a lot of iconic TV series being added such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Futurama (hell yes), Firefly (aw yeah), plus some sitcoms Fox apparently owns like Black-ish, How I met Your Mother, and Modern Family, among others...

AronDracula posted: »

So does that mean Alien and Predator will also reach the service?

• That sounds great. I think I will renew my subscription for another month to watch some of these.

Alright, so each region's Star catalog is going to differ slightly, but from what I've gathered from official press releases about everythin

• Make sure to do that before the 23rd, or you'll be paying 33% more.

Also worth noting: To any current subscribers, the old Monthly and Yearly subscription prices will be honored for 6 months, and will only start charging you the new price-increased tiers after August 22nd, 2021.

That sounds great. I think I will renew my subscription for another month to watch some of these.

• Well shit, I cannot renew my subscription because I cancelled it and I have to wait until March 2nd to subscribe again. Oh well, I guess I have to choose just a few movies to watch since I will only have one week to binge.

Make sure to do that before the 23rd, or you'll be paying 33% more. Also worth noting: To any current subscribers, the old Monthly and Ye

• edited February 2021

Fortnite is hosting a small film festival with their Short Nite event this weekend.

A bunch of short animated films will play on their "Party Royale" mode big screen, and you can watch 'em. In Fortnite. Yup.

I don't know if the execution is going to be good (there is apparently an option to just make the footage full-screen and not view it in-game, but we'll see.)

It starts this Saturday at 2pm Et, runs for 30 minutes and will replay non-stop for the following 24 hours

• Oh no, I can hear them getting back on their high horses (who am I kidding, they never got off of them)...the Zutarians are swarming. Everyone run and shelter in place.

In all seriousness, if this is true, why? What does this accomplish, feels like you’re taking away from both Sokka AND Katara’s character by doing this. Look, I already lost hope when Mike and Bryan left the project, but if this is true, I’m getting ready to remove Shyamalan’s movie as the worst Avatar related media. Not set in stone, but needless to say, I’m eyeing the shelf it’s on.

• This website apparently has a history of reporting false news.

Oh no, I can hear them getting back on their high horses (who am I kidding, they never got off of them)...the Zutarians are swarming. Everyo

• edited February 2021

Look how they will massacre my girl.

Jokes aside, if this is really true, then it's probably going to be another Fant4stic situation. Why the fuck is it so hard for them to not make the same mistakes as the previous live action incarnation? It just reminds how Shyamalan reduced Haru to this 10 year old boy with that atrocious Chinese hair. Never had hopes before but the worse it gets, the more I boycott.

EDIT: That doesn't even make sense because it will now be impossible for Aang to get engaged with Katara now that she is 4 years older than him. Are they actually going to consider Zutara for this story? I swear to fucking God, they drink a lot of cactus juice during their work.

Oh no, I can hear them getting back on their high horses (who am I kidding, they never got off of them)...the Zutarians are swarming. Everyo

• I was getting bored recently so I decided to rank my favorite horror games. Here is my Tier List

• I did say if it’s true. More than likely, it is probably bullshit, but I’m seeing some people treat it as confirmed. If it is fake, the I guess they got what they wanted, a bunch of people talking about their story.

dojo32161 posted: »

This website apparently has a history of reporting false news.

• edited February 2021

And the funny thing, it's still way better than the album they did with Lou Reed (no joke, that exists).

And yes, even I want to forget this exists.

To make matters even more ironic, Metallica did kind of do this to themselves. Before Spotify and other music sharing websites, one of the originators was a website called Napster. It was a peer to peer audio sharing website, that allowed people to share MP3 files with other users. Basically, if I had a song on my computer, and you wanted to own it, I could let you download the file from my computer through Napster, and boom, it's yours.

Many bands and record labels didn't take too kindly to this, and one of the leaders was Metallica, more specifically drummer Lars Ulrich, after they found a demo version of their song "I Disappear" from the Mission Impossible 2 soundtrack on Napster. They sued Napster in 2000, and other labels also sued, which caused Napster to be shut down after having the case appealed all the way to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in the US. The labels argument was that they were violating the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), and since then, DMCA enforcement has become very strict and punishments severe.

On the one hand, I do understand where Lars was coming from. A leaked, unfinished version of your song somehow finds its way online on the Internet (which remember, this was 2000, when a lot of this tech was still relatively new and knowledge about it unsure), it's getting played on radio, and you haven't released it yet, that is sort of theft and violation of copyright. And you want to go after the website that is allowing this theft to occur, okay then. What I can't defend, is that they didn't really just go after the website, they went after the users as well. As part of their lawsuit, they compiled a list of over 300,000 users suspected of sharing the song, and demanded they be banned from the service, which ended up happening. Not to mention it does make Lars kind of hypocrite. He goes after a website that allows people to share music with other people without needing to buy it directly from the source, when a big reason people like him got into their favorite types of music in the 70's and 80's was through similar methods. Not over the Internet obviously, but they would talk and write to their buddies and lend out or trade their cassettes (you youngsters wouldn't know what those were), vinyls, and Betamax videos (again, going way back) for others to listen to when they couldn't buy it for themselves. Lars would even make his own cassettes of other bands music and give them to his friends to listen to, almost kind of like what people were doing through Napster, but online. He got into a lot of bands because of these methods, which is how a lot of people got into bands like Metallica or others in the early 2000's.

From Mick Wall's "Enter Night: A Biography of Metallica," (yes I own this book, what did you expect from me): "Lars would make his friends tapes of highly prized rarities by groups such as Crucifixion, Demolition, Hellenbach, Night Time Flyer - 'all this NWOBHM stuff,'...In return, Scott was able to introduce Lars to bands like Accept from Germany and a next-generation outfit from Denmark named Mercyful Fate...He begged Patrick: 'I'll trade you anything of my collection for it!'" Again, very hypocritical to go after people doing a modernized version of what you were doing.

dojo32161 posted: »

This is incredibly fucking funny. https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1362901765029527553 https://twitter.com/moyetes/status/1362924085404180484

• edited February 2021

I AM THE TABLE
    Wait, why are they doing to Katara?

And the funny thing, it's still way better than the album they did with Lou Reed (no joke, that exists). And yes, even I want to forg

• An unverified rumor is going around that, in Netflix’s live action remake of Avatar, Katara will now be the older sibling instead of her brother Sokka. Sokka will be 14, but Katara 16, while Aang stays 12. Mainly, most people are upset that the sibling dynamic from the original will be ruined. A huge part of Sokka’s character is about being the older, protective brother who tried to love in his father’s shadow and lead, and ultimately becoming, despite his status as a non bender, a rational thinking, decisive, and tactical leader and fighter. Katara’s was that of a child who ended up taking on more responsibility at a young age due to the loss of her mother and learning how to be a kid again while sill dealing with the trauma of what happened. Switch up those ages, it fucks with the dynamic. Then, of course, you have the shippers, which just to have to make everything worse. Kataangers are upset because they’re making Katara significantly older, while Zutarians are saying that this will mean Zutara will get together in this version because she and Zuko will be the same age. Needless to say, I’m getting a good laugh at some of the overreactions.

DabigRG posted: »

I AM THE TABLE .......... Wait, why are they doing to Katara?

• Yeah, I was gonna say, the only reason they would age her up is to soften the blow of having to become the mom of the village in tandem with what Sokka said about her in Season 3.

An unverified rumor is going around that, in Netflix’s live action remake of Avatar, Katara will now be the older sibling instead of her bro

• I just realized that today marks the 16th year anniversary of Avatar The Last Airbender. The lack of honor for it in this forum disturbs me.

• I am sorry. I must burn for my crimes.

@DeliciousDeku

Fuck tonsilitis.

Do you have tonsillitis, my guy? I feel you. I had that (or, was at risk of it) when I was around 10, I think. They were swelling up pretty big, had to get a tonsillectomy to snip them out.

I just realized that today marks the 16th year anniversary of Avatar The Last Airbender. The lack of honor for it in this forum disturbs me.

• Daft Punk announces their retirement

Me:

• YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! Finally, I was hoping it wouldn't be too long after NY's announcement of allowing fans to attend. Hopefully there will still be tickets left to the general public, but you better believe I'm going to a game if I can get my hands on one.

• edited February 2021

So I know I’m way late but I just watched Spiderman: Into The Spiderverse yesterday. Very solid movie! Granted from what I heard I was expecting something a little more Pixar-esque with more deeper moments and a closer character study of spiderman (and when the movie does go into those things it’s really good), but it was still really funny and exceeded my expectations in many ways.

This one part near the end kinda irked me though:

Am I the only one kinda let down by how Miles defeats Kingpin? For one Miles just survives the punch that killed Peter Parker, and fair enough OG spiderman was already wounded before the smash, but then Kingpin just kinda stands there and lets the radioactive superkid place a hand on him when he was hellbent on killing him earlier. Sure he could’ve been surprised but he should’ve seen that blast coming.

I don’t know, for a movie that had so much detail put in Kingpin going down like that just felt weird. The punchline was hilarious though.

• Day 438

Still no update on The Wolf Among Us 2

• This one part near the end kinda irked me though

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure when Kingpin kills Spider-Man, he uses two fists at once, whereas later in the movie against Miles he only uses one fist. That could be why he managed to survive it. Kingpin underestimated this newer, scrawnier Spider-Man.
    Or, you could easily explain it away with "Miles has better Main Character Plot Armor".

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I really love that film, with it being a different take on the Spider-Man origin story, added in some parallel-dimension shenanigans (which I looove) and especially with it being so inspired by the comic-book visual style. It's got a really unique look and feel. Bonus points for the awesome soundtrack and licensed music.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

So I know I’m way late but I just watched Spiderman: Into The Spiderverse yesterday. Very solid movie! Granted from what I heard I was expec

• Just because I happen to be awake at 3AM...

@AronDracula
    I can confirm that here in Canada, Disney+ now has the entire Alien franchise (including the prequels), the entire Predator franchise (including the reboot and crossover films), the entire Die Hard franchise, among others.
    Notable additions include Futurama (all 10 seasons -- even the Comedy Central seasons). Yes, Borat, somehow. The X-Files and the movies. A whole bunch of Fox animated series, that Hulu Marvel show Cloak and Dagger and plenty other stuff. Hopefully your catalog is of a similar size.

Cool thing: I browsed a bit of the Star catalog and stumbled upon the film Juno. It's an old Fox movie starring Elliot Page. Just to see if Disney hadn't accidentally used an old synopsis with their old name or didn't care to change it, I checked and... they got his name right! Cool.

• So apparently, considering that I live in Europe, I cannot find any Predator movies except the first AVP. For some reason, I also do not see Rise of the Planet of the Apes anywhere despite the last 2 movies of Ceaser trilogy being added. What the fuck Disney? Not to mention, I can actually watch A Good Day to Die Hard which is a movie NOBODY EVER WANTED OR ASKED FOR. No one cares if it's part of a beloved action franchise, everyone hates it and pretends it never existed.

I'mma be first say that region exclusivity SUUUUUUUCKSSSS!!!!!

Besides all that, there is some stuff which I finally get to watch. Like Unbreakable, Lost, Braveheart and rewatch some awesome films like Aliens, Dawn and War for the Planet of the Apes and Starship Troopers.

Just because I happen to be awake at 3AM... @AronDracula I can confirm that here in Canada, Disney+ now has the entire Alien franchise

• edited February 2021

Damn. I was expecting Non-North American regions would get a smaller catalog addition than us. Seems you guys don't have that great a catalog. And you also seemed to have gotten the worse movies from those franchises I listed. Yyyikes. :grimace:
    Sorry for hyping you up like that.

Hopefully there's some thing good you can check out in your final week. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: if it's any consolation, I don't have Braveheart or Lost

So apparently, considering that I live in Europe, I cannot find any Predator movies except the first AVP. For some reason, I also do not see

• edited February 2021

I can confirm that here in Canada, Disney+ now has the entire Alien franchise (including the prequels), the entire Predator franchise (including the reboot and crossover films), the entire Die Hard franchise, among others.
    Notable additions include Futurama (all 10 seasons -- even the Comedy Central seasons). Yes, Borat, somehow. The X-Files and the movies. A whole bunch of Fox animated series, that Hulu Marvel show Cloak and Dagger and plenty other stuff.

Same here in Australia.

Just because I happen to be awake at 3AM... @AronDracula I can confirm that here in Canada, Disney+ now has the entire Alien franchise

• edited February 2021

Sony has announced that a "whole slate" of Playstation games will be making their way to PC, starting with Days Gone which will be releasing this spring.

We find ourselves now in early 2021 with our development studios and the games that they make in better shape than they’ve ever been before. Particularly from the latter half of the PS4 cycle our studios made some wonderful, great games. There’s an opportunity to expose those great games to a wider audience and recognise the economics of game development, which are not always straightforward. The cost of making games goes up with each cycle, as the calibre of the IP has improved. Also, our ease of making it available to non-console owners has grown. So it’s a fairly straightforward decision for us to make.

Aside from game development getting more expensive, this decision is also in part due to the success of Horizon Zero Dawn which I personally really enjoyed.

in terms of the straightforward success of the activity of publishing the game on PC, people liked it and they bought it. We also looked at it through the lens of what the PlayStation community thought about it. There was no massive adverse reaction to it. So we will continue to take mission steps in this direction.

More games is always a good thing! I wonder what are the other ports they have in store 👀

• Whoa. Is my account under lockdown or something, or because I posted a comment with more than one media item (picture/video), or due to posting in an older, inactive thread?
    Posted something in the "Parrots" thread, and it said the comment would display 'after it has been approved'. That's new.

• Oh yeah that makes sense. It’s really kindof a nitpick though in a way, this is definitely my favorite spiderman movie out of all of the ones I watched.

(Spoiler) Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I really love that film, with it being a different take on the Spider-Man origin story, added in s

Sign in to comment in this discussion.