The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• A few years ago I was in a discussion on the forums and I wrote a word that I reckon was blacklisted(?), and so a mod would have to approve the message because it would contain a word that's normally not allowed. Could be a link or something like that by pure chance had a word like that.

AChicken posted: »

Whoa. Is my account under lockdown or something, or because I posted a comment with more than one media item (picture/video), or due to post

• Looks like I am going to become an uncle. Well, more or less. Because my step-sister got pregnant a few days ago.

• edited February 2021

Maybe that's it... Hmph.

Weirdly enough, i found the comment sitting in my drafts (with a few missing sentences, as it didn't save the full draft) and posted that instead, and it appeared instantly.
    But just now, the other comment that needed approval just got posted too! Strange!

Edit: Ahh, in the comment under review, I included the artist name to one of the videos I linked to. I just straight up copied the Korean(?) characters from the channel name, so that might be what tripped the system. Non-English characters.
    The draft that didn't have the artist's name was sent in instantly.

captainivy1 posted: »

A few years ago I was in a discussion on the forums and I wrote a word that I reckon was blacklisted(?), and so a mod would have to approve

• Let's fucking get it gamers!!!

• California is trying to kill all of America's favorite athletes. Lesson here is don't ever move to and live in California.

In all seriousness, for those who haven't heard, pro golfer Tiger Woods was involved in a serious car accident earlier today. His car flipped over several times after going down a steep incline, where first responders had to use the jaws of life to extricate him. He is alive, but had serious injuries to his legs that required immediate surgery. This is already on top of Woods' 5th back surgery and this occurs weeks before one of golf's most famous tournaments, The Masters. My prayers go out and I hope for a full recovery, but this could have serious implications, and the possibility that Tiger Woods' career may finally be over.

• edited February 2021

Sony is bringing back their Play At Home Initiative. It starts in March and will last for 4 months.

Last year, we got the opportunity for one month to download Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey for free -- and you'd keep it forever.

This year, kicking off on March 1st, you'll be able to download Ratchet and Clank (2016) and keep it forever. The offer will last until March 31st.

Later in March on the 25th, a promotion partnering with anime streamer Funimation and Wakanim (Europe) will happen. You'll be able to redeem a 14-day trial that includes a 90-day bonus, for a total of 104 days or, just over 14 weeks.

Details about future offers will probably come at the end of March.

There's also another Nintendo Direct Sony State of Play coming on Thursday.

a State of Play broadcast will serve up new updates and deep dives for 10 games coming to PS4 and PS5, including new game announcements and updates on some of the third-party and indie titles you last saw in June’s PS5 showcase.

The show is clocking it at 30 minutes or so, give or take. Can’t wait to hear what you think! And a quick note: there won’t be PlayStation hardware or business-focused updates in this show.

• Yeah, it might have been them. There a few characters that need approval - most of them are sketchy links and non-English characters, which spam bots use a lot. You're fine.

Maybe that's it... Hmph. Weirdly enough, i found the comment sitting in my drafts (with a few missing sentences, as it didn't save the fu

• damn i’ve always been able to see past marketing and people trying to sell you something but I have to give props: even if this is just for PR this was really nice of them

• A Plague Tale: Innocence is on sale for 16$ on PS4 where I'm at. Definitely picking it up at that price.

Also in the sale is a stunning 1$ USD (1.34$ up here) for Oxenfree: .

• I am definitely gonna get Ratchet and Clank for free on PS4. Do I need to mention how much the lack of PS5s in Europe still hurts?

• What???
    https://www.thevulcanreporter.com/news/avatar-studios-nickelodeon/

Nickelodeon Launches Avatar Studios With Plans To Expand World of ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’

Nickelodeon has announced their plans to expand on the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender with the establishment of Avatar Studios. The newly formed content division of Nickelodeon was created to develop original animated projects based on the Avatar: The Last Airbender franchise, which includes a spin-off series titled The Legend of Korra.

The first project that will be developed under Avatar Studios is a currently untitled original animated theatrical film. Projects made under Avatar Studios will debut in theaters and on platforms such as Paramount + and Nickelodeon’s own linear and digital distribution platforms.

The original creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, DiMartino, and Konietzko, have signed on to serve as co-chief creative officers of Avatar Studios, reporting to Ramsey Naito, president of Nickelodeon Animation. Brian Robbins, president, ViacomCBS Kids & Family

• edited February 2021

Noice, Nickelodeon finally realises they can make money with Avatar.

I wonder if the movie will take place after Korra or before Aang, or if it'll be a continuation of either of the aforementioned shows.

AronDracula posted: »

What??? https://www.thevulcanreporter.com/news/avatar-studios-nickelodeon/ Nickelodeon Launches Avatar Studios With Plans To Expand W

• edited February 2021

This already put the Netflix adaptation to shame.

I'm not sure. I would like to see Iroh's story when he was about to conquer Ba Sing Se with his son Lu Ten. I would also love the story of the second incarnation of Avatar and I am talking about the one after Avatar Wan. Whatever it is, I'm all for it. Also also, I would like a backstory for Ozai.

lupinb0y posted: »

Noice, Nickelodeon finally realises they can make money with Avatar. I wonder if the movie will take place after Korra or before Aang, or if it'll be a continuation of either of the aforementioned shows.

• My only response to this is...HELL FUCKING YES!!!

Honestly, I was feeling a bit down today, and this was exactly the news I needed to hear to perk me up. In lieu of them revealing that there won't be anymore Avatar: The Last Airbender comic trilogies (they're still releasing one-offs and I think they still might be doing ones for The Legend of Korra) and the fact that Bryke aren't involved with the live action reboot, this is easily the next best thing.

And in a sort of cruel and ironic twist, I feel like we have to kind of acknowledge that this probably happened because of the affect of the COVID-19 pandemic, as the lockdowns and Avatar popping up on Netflix almost certainly had an impact on this happening. Looks like I will have to subscribe to Paramount+ now, good thing I just cancelled Disney+ then.

What??? https://www.thevulcanreporter.com/news/avatar-studios-nickelodeon/ Nickelodeon Launches Avatar Studios With Plans To Expand W

• Man, if you become any more of a boomer you'll shrivel up and die.

Daft Punk announces their retirement Me:

• As unoriginal as the idea is, I really do want to see a movie, or even a miniseries, of the Gaang as adults. Or even just slightly older, like where the comics left them off. A new series about the Avatar after Korra could be interesting, see how the next Avatar deals with being the second in the new cycle. But honestly, one thing I'd LOVE to see is Avatar Yangchen. Aang/Korra got a show, Kyoshi got a book, let's give Yangchen a movie. The Kyoshi novels, as well as The Rift comic, have done a good amount to make her life very exciting. Her time was so great that it's peace lasted throughout Kuruk's lifetime, but she overly sided with the humans at the expense of the Spirits, which further angered them and Kuruk was left to clean up her mess and it led to his death at a vert young age. Again, we got a glimpse of this in The Rift with General Old Iron, I'd love to see more of this unfold and the implications it would have for Kuruk.

lupinb0y posted: »

Noice, Nickelodeon finally realises they can make money with Avatar. I wonder if the movie will take place after Korra or before Aang, or if it'll be a continuation of either of the aforementioned shows.

• I would like to see them make a movie or a miniseries about Sokka's last years of his life, considering he is the only one from Gaang who didn't get a major involvement in Legend of Korra and his family in adulthood is still a mistery.

As unoriginal as the idea is, I really do want to see a movie, or even a miniseries, of the Gaang as adults. Or even just slightly older, li

• I guess the show being added to Netflix (and then being really popular) helped it gain traction and attention from Nickelodeon. (That, and the fact that Bryke aren't working on the Live Action show anymore.)

This is awesome news. Hopefully not too much of that content ends up being exclusive to Paramount+, though I don't know if that'll even come to Canada.
    Plus, it'll be awhile before anything comes of this, let alone an animated film.

• Oh. That's Gabe, about to play ANF. Heh ohh boy.

Nice he found a role in that game, but, eh, too bad the character is pretty poorly written.

DabigRG posted: »

Well ain't this an unexpected not of meta https://m.twitch.tv/thepurgedoctor?desktop-redirect=true

• Nothing against this guy but I REALLLY despise his character.

Well ain't this an unexpected not of meta https://m.twitch.tv/thepurgedoctor?desktop-redirect=true

• Too bad most of that game was poorly written, honestly

Oh. That's Gabe, about to play ANF. Heh ohh boy. Nice he found a role in that game, but, eh, too bad the character is pretty poorly written.

• edited February 2021

You're a kid now, you're a squid now. You'reakidyou'reasquidyou'reakidyou'reasquidyou'reakidyou'reasquidyou'reakidyou'reasquidyou'reakidyou'reasquidyou'reakidyou'reasquidyou'reakidyou'reasquidyou'reakidyou'reasquidyou'reakidyou'reasquidyou'reakidyou'reasquidyou'reakidyou'reasquidyou'reakidyou'reasquidyou'reakidyou'reasquidyou'reakidyou'reasquidyou'reakidyou'reasquidyou'reakidyou'reasquid-

Looks fun! I think it's really interesting to have the water instantly activate the their monster forms instead of them having full control. I also like that it's an entirely different art style from Soul.

• edited February 2021

I don't know if anyone here cares about Bioware, but Anthem's expansion (or you could say revamp) was officially killed yesterday.

I have conflicting feelings on this. On the one hand this is the second game in a row that Bioware abandons after a rocky release. I do believe they company owes it to the people who bought their game continued development, updates and fixes, especially after making a bunch of blog posts filled with pretty promises for what the game was going to become. They got people hoping for a No Man's Sky redemption arc and then dipped and people are rightfully angry.

On the other hand, I wish that game had never existed and I'm glad they aren't wasting one more second on it. Bioware was never about their multiplayer experiences and it was never what made their success. They gambled with the fate of their two biggest IPs in order to support this game, and now that's finally over. Andromeda didn't need to be sacrificed for this, Dragon Age didn't need to be delayed beyond comprehension for this.

Jason Schreier posted an article a few hours ago on how all the multiplayer elements for the upcoming Dragon Age 4 are being dropped completely. I hope this signals a brighter future for Bioware, though it's been hard to keep positive.

• edited February 2021

Loving that this game visually it looks like a big budget animated movie. Hopefully they manage to full off the gameplay which looks pretty neat as well.

• Anthem totally deserved it. Remember when EA said "People don't enjoy single player games no more"? Anthem proved that live-service was never what people wanted to play to begin with.

I don't know if anyone here cares about Bioware, but Anthem's expansion (or you could say revamp) was officially killed yesterday. I have

• Fortnite: Alien

So now there's Predator and Alien in Fortnite. Oki doki then...

(this also means Xenomorphs with guns. Not sure if scarier or...)

Fortnite: Short Nite

I also checked out the Short Nite event last weekend. It was pretty good, but I'd much rather have seen these short films seperatly (that luckily are all mostly pretty old and easily available online). The big thumbs down of the event was that you were watching the films through a screen in-game, through your own screen.
    No option to stream it full-screen, no way to stop other players from standing in front of you -- and worst of all: no way to stop players from throwing those silly Paint bombs and sticky arrows at the screen. No idea why Epic made the screen an actual prop that can be messed with.

All in all, it was a nice showcase of shorts. Weirdly enough, they were pretty... Mature and risky, IMO, for a game aimed at kids. Lots of (cartoonish, but dark) death.
    The first one had a blob-person eat a smaller, starving blob-person (ah, yes cannibalism). Another had a woman choke to death, while a different one had a woman age really fast and become a pile of ashes.
    I'm fine with it, I just didn't expect so much death showcased.

The final short was pretty cool though! It was made by Aardman (the Wallace and Gromit people) and was this mockmentary-style interview of different animals living at the zoo.

Some select, interesting shorts from the event.
    Bench

Oktapodi

A Single Life

Carpark

Creature Comforts

• especially after making a bunch of blog posts filled with pretty promises for what the game was going to become. They got people hoping for a No Man's Sky redemption arc and then dipped

Unfortunate, but it's easy for EA to change plans like that when they've got plenty of money-making projects in the works they can shift to.
    NMS was Hello Games' third game, and they only had 10-12 people on the team. I'm sure the massive amount of pre-orders let them take that money and use it for the project as well as support the employees. Plus, they started releasing the "missing content" just a few months after launch, whereas Anthem somehow wanted to revamp the entire game in a 1.5 year period.

At least Dragon Age isn't a "service"-based multiplayer game now and is a single-player vision like many fans have been expecting. The success of Jedi Fallen Order and death of Anthem actually made EA change their mind on "multiplayer money-suckers" being the future of entertainment.

I don't know if anyone here cares about Bioware, but Anthem's expansion (or you could say revamp) was officially killed yesterday. I have

• May I ask why Michonne, Darryl, and now a Xenomorph are considered suitable for that?

Fortnite: Alien (Spoiler) Fortnite: Short Nite (Spoiler)

• Epic wants money. The owners want promotion. (whether it's kids or not, they probably don't care)

May I ask why Michonne, Darryl, and now a Xenomorph are considered suitable for that?

• I never bothered with Anthem outside of watching the gameplay reveal trailer, but if the game crashing and burning was what it took for BioWare to stick to the single-player stories that they’re known for that’s fine with me.

• Sunday March 14th
    5pm
    Devils vs Islanders
    Prudential Center

Got my tickets, so excited to finally be able to go to a hockey game again. Funny thing is, it's almost exactly a year to the date of my last attempt to go to a game. I had tickets for a game, but that was the day that the NHL and the rest of the sports world pretty much shut everything down when Covid started getting really bad.

• So the arena is only allowing 10% capacity. Temp checks at doors, no proof of vaccination or negative test needed. Tickets can only be bought in groups of 2 or 4, with seats and rows surrounding available seats blocked off to ensure SD. Masks are to be worn at all times while in the building, even if you're sitting next to family/friends/people you live with. Concessions will be ordered through an app, where you will be alerted when it's ready and location where to pick it up, so you don't come into contact with anyone.

• Cool. How the heck did you come across this?

• I finished my quarantine and am back home.

• Yeah... I'm thinking my crossover is gonna be epic.

• fatal frontier let's gooo

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah... I'm thinking my crossover is gonna be epic.

• how is the sam and max section open even though this company doesn't own the license anymore, but the TWD section is closed for the same reason

• Wait what

how is the sam and max section open even though this company doesn't own the license anymore, but the TWD section is closed for the same reason

• I believe it is still up because New Telltale was actually kinda involved with the remasters and New Telltale and Skunkape have a small relationship. I guess Skunkape just said they had the okay to reopen it on the forums because of their relationship.

how is the sam and max section open even though this company doesn't own the license anymore, but the TWD section is closed for the same reason

Sign in to comment in this discussion.