The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited March 2021

The BAFTA 2021 Games Awards Nominations have been announced. Before you ask, yes, there's a lot of noms for TLOU Part 2. 13, to be exact. Ghost of Tsushima comes in with 10, while Hades has 8.
    (Surprisingly, one of the few awards events not to nominate TLOU2 for Best Narrative... But AC:Valhalla did lol. Also no 13 Sentinels that I've heard so much about)

EE Game of the Year (Public Vote!)

• Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Call of Duty: Warzone
    • Ghost of Tsushima
    • Hades
    • The Last of Us Part II
    • Valorant

Best Animation

• DOOM Eternal
    • Final Fantasy VII Remake
    • The Last of Us Part II
    • Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    • Spiritfarer

Best Artistic Achievement

• Cyberpunk 2077
    • Dreams
    • Ghost of Tsushima
    • Hades
    • Half Life: Alyx
    • The Last of Us Part II

Best Audio Achievement

• Astro's Playroom
    • Ghost of Tsushima
    • Hades
    • The Last of Us Part II

Best Game

• Ghost of Tsushima
    • The Last of Us Part II

Best British Game

• Dreams
    • F1 2020
    • Fall Guys
    • The Last Campfire
    • Roki
    • Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Best Debut Game

• Airborne Kingdom
    • Call of the Sea
    • Carrion
    • Factorio
    • The Falconeer
    • Roki

Best Evolving Game

• Destiny 2: Beyond Light
    • Dreams
    • Fall Guys
    • Fortnite
    • No Man's Sky
    • Sea of Thieves

Best Family Game

• Astro's Playroom
    • Dreams
    • Fall Guys
    • Minecraft Dungeons

Best Game Design

• Astro's Playroom
    • Ghost of Tsushima
    • Hades
    • The Last of Us Part II

Best Game Beyond Entertainment

• Before I Forget
    • Dreams
    • Spiritfarer
    • The Last of Us Part II
    • Tell Me Why

Best Multiplayer

• Deep Rock Galactic
    • Fall Guys
    • Ghost of Tsushima
    • Valorant

Best Music

• Ghost of Tsushima
    • Hades
    • The Last of Us Part II
    • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    • Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Best Narrative

• Assassin's Creed Valhalla
    • Cyberpunk 2077
    • Ghost of Tsushima
    • Hades
    • Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition

Best Original Property

• Carrion
    • Fall Guys
    • Ghost of Tsushima
    • Hades
    • Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
    • Spiritfarer

Best Performer in a Leading Role

• Ashley Johnson as Ellie in The Last of Us Part II
    • Cherami Leigh as Female V in Cyberpunk 2077
    • Cody Christian as Cloud Strife in Final Fantasy VII Remake
    • Daisuke Tsuji as Jin Sakai in Ghost of Tsushima
    • Laura Bailey as Abby in The Last of Us Part II
    • Nadji Jeter as Miles Morales in Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Best Performer in a Supporting Role

• Carla Tassara as Judy Alvarez in Cyberpunk 2077
    • Jefferey Pierce as Tommy in The Last of Us Part II
    • Logan Cunningham as Hades, Achilles, Poseidon, Asterius, Charon and The Storyteller in Hades
    • Patrick Gallagher as Khotun Khan in Ghost of Tsushima
    • Shannon Woodward as Dina in The Last of Us Part II
    • Troy Baker as Joel in The Last of Us Part II

Best Technical Achievement

• Demon's Souls
    • DOOM Eternal
    • Dreams
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator
    • The Last of Us Part II

Judging by this list, I really need to seek out Spiritfarer

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Also no 13 Sentinels that I've heard so much about

Sad, but not surprising.

AChicken posted: »

The BAFTA 2021 Games Awards Nominations have been announced. Before you ask, yes, there's a lot of noms for TLOU Part 2. 13, to be exact. Gh

• BAFTA really out here saying "bro Assassins Creed is pretty deep"

The BAFTA 2021 Games Awards Nominations have been announced. Before you ask, yes, there's a lot of noms for TLOU Part 2. 13, to be exact. Gh

• edited March 2021

Jefferey Pierce as Tommy in The Last of Us Part II

Are you for real? Tommy was barely in the game, his development was lacking a lot, no offense to the VA. I wouldn't consider him a supporting character.

EDIT: Wait, TLOU2 didn't get nominated for Best Narrative? You know what, I'm not upset about that.

• Just a warning if you get Spiritfarer, there is a gamebreaking bug where you can get stuck on some ice once you get past a certain point in the game (2 to 3 hours in) and you would be forced to restart the game entirely since you can't progress. It happened to me and it kinda turned me off on the game for a bit despite really enjoying it so far. I think they've since patched it out though, I'm not sure.

• edited March 2021

Also announced today, the Annie Awards (Animated Film/TV Awards) for 2021.
    I'm not gonna write down the whole list for this one, it's pretty long, but here's a link to it!

It really reminded me that, oh yeah, Midnight Gospel, The Willoughbys, and She-Ra were all things that came out in the last year.
    Boy, 2020 was a blur, wasn't it?

@lupinb0y will be happy to note WolfWalkers gets quite a few nominations, as well as Hilda S2E9 "The Deerfox" gets a few noms as well.

There's even a videogame category for 'Best Character Animation', between:

Best Character Animation – Video Game
    • League of Legends, Riot Games, Inc.; Jose “Sho” Hernandez, Lana Bachynski , Christopher Hsing, Matthew Johnson, Jason Hendrich

• Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales, Insomniac Games; Brian Wyser, Michael Yosh, Danny Garnett, David Hancock

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Moon Studios Xbox Game Studios iam8bit; Jim Donovan, Warren Goff, Boris Hiestand, Kim Nguyen, Jason Martinsen

• The Last of Us Part II, Naughty Dog; Jeremy Yates, Eric Baldwin, Almudena Soria, Michal Mach, August Davies

• Aww yeah, Wolfwalkers getting that recognition!

It really reminded me that, oh yeah, Midnight Gospel, The Willoughbys, and She-Ra were all things that came out in the last year.
    Boy, 2020 was a blur, wasn't it?

I completely forgot all of those came out just last year. 2020 felt like it was two years ago.

Also announced today, the Annie Awards (Animated Film/TV Awards) for 2021. I'm not gonna write down the whole list for this one, it's pret

• Season 4 of Fall Guys is going to be batshit insane. New obstacles, new levels that are mostly hybrids of the old, and now with 50 levels to unlock in the season.

I can't wait for the port releases for Xbox and Nintendo switch coming this summer. Playing on ps4 has been great, but this will greatly open up its playability.

• Today I started thinking about games to stream in the future, and Back To The Future The Game was one of them, so I go to download the game and I see that I created this account 10 years ago today! POG!

• edited March 2021

I watched Raya and The Last Dragon, just gonna put out some quick thoughts.

I liked it! Really good looking in terms of visuals, particularly the environments, Raya, Sisu and the rest of the gang are fun characters, the cast all around do a good job with their voice work, the fighting choreography is really well done for the most part, it has a really good score with a nice mix of different South East Asian styled music, I absolutely love the South East Asian inspiration in general, and I found the message of the movie to be surprisingly touching.

I do have a few criticisms and nitpicks however. For one thing, aside from a couple moments, the plot is a bit too straightforward and plays it a bit too safe. I wish Sisu had a more Eastern dragon look to her design, whiskers, scales and all instead of fur. While I am perfectly fine with the art style of the movie, they have a couple scenes in this really cool cel shaded look that makes me wish the whole movie looked like that lmao. The first fight in the movie had too many quick cuts which had me worried for the rest of the movie but thankfully it seems to be contained to that one fight scene for whatever reason.

Overall, I really quite enjoyed the movie.

• I wonder how my Nintendogs are doing.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Nice

VeryTori posted: »

Today I started thinking about games to stream in the future, and Back To The Future The Game was one of them, so I go to download the game and I see that I created this account 10 years ago today! POG!

• Probably long dead like mine.

lupinb0y posted: »

I wonder how my Nintendogs are doing.

• Only real gamers can relate.

• edited March 2021

You've just gone from awesome gamer™ to dope gamer™ in my eyes, Poogs.

I prefer The End though

Poogers555 posted: »

Only real gamers can relate.

TheFurryOne posted: »

Probably long dead like mine.

• Okay, why did no one tell me about this amazing Easter egg in DOOM: Eternal? I had no idea this existed until today.

• Why must I be like this

• yes.

Why must I be like this

• edited March 2021

How I'm showing up

• Ikr

Why must I be like this

• edited March 2021

RIP Riley (2007-2021)

• I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm sure she's eating all the treats she could want up there in heaven.

RIP Riley (2007-2021)

• My condolences. It's devastating that cats and dogs have a very short life span.

RIP Riley (2007-2021)

• Sorry dude :(

RIP Riley (2007-2021)

• Im sorry about your dog Metallica.

RIP Riley (2007-2021)

• sorry bro, i hope the family is doing alright

RIP Riley (2007-2021)

• Sorry homie. Hope those 14 years were amazing.

RIP Riley (2007-2021)

• @Poogers555 @Menofthe214 Thank you both.

@4k60fpsHDR We’re doing okay, my mom is taking it the hardest. She worked from home, so naturally, she was around a lot more to take care of her throughout her life. As a result, Riley was overly attached to her, she would cry when she left, she would lay down next to her work chair, and at night, sleep either next to or in my mother’s bed. My mom was there when she was put to sleep, so at least in her last moments, she was there with the her, until she closed her eyes for the last time.

@InGen_Nate_Kenny They were. She’s been in my life since I was 9, so it’s a little hard to think about the fact that, the next time I visit them, she won’t be there. I hope that Riley knew just how loved she was by all of us and that for her, those 14 years were just as beautiful and fun for her as they were for us.

• Sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing a pet that's been with you for half your life. I'm sure it lived a good one.

RIP Riley (2007-2021)

• I know it's too early to say but 2021 has been a boring year so far, at least for me. I mean not a lot happened and being better than 2020 doesn't say much.

• After the shit that happened in 2020, I'm more than happy with a boring year.

AronDracula posted: »

I know it's too early to say but 2021 has been a boring year so far, at least for me. I mean not a lot happened and being better than 2020 doesn't say much.

• I'd say it's still too early to judge whether 2021 is doing well or not.

Hey, at least Australia isn't on fire again.

AronDracula posted: »

I know it's too early to say but 2021 has been a boring year so far, at least for me. I mean not a lot happened and being better than 2020 doesn't say much.

• I wanna do an experiment. Someone send me an image like this and I want to see if I know what scene it is from.

I need to figure out if twau lives frame by frame in my head

• Here you go.

I wanna do an experiment. Someone send me an image like this and I want to see if I know what scene it is from. I need to figure out if twau lives frame by frame in my head

• edited March 2021

First of all, tell us what scene that image is from. Then maybe I'll consider your proposition...

I wanna do an experiment. Someone send me an image like this and I want to see if I know what scene it is from. I need to figure out if twau lives frame by frame in my head

• edited March 2021

yeah Im thinking episode 5 witching well.

I demand harder.

lupinb0y posted: »

Here you go.

• edited March 2021

Tis episode 2 interrogation cellar, of course.

First of all, tell us what scene that image is from. Then maybe I'll consider your proposition...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.