The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• You asked for it.

Poogers555 posted: »

yeah Im thinking episode 5 witching well. I demand harder.

• ha ha ha you make me LAUGH. Clearly this is from The Wolf Among Us: Episode 3 - A Crooked Mile just as they try to leave the Puddin N Pie!

lupinb0y posted: »

You asked for it.

• edited March 2021

Heh.

Right episode, wrong moment.

ha ha ha you make me LAUGH. Clearly this is from The Wolf Among Us: Episode 3 - A Crooked Mile just as they try to leave the Puddin N Pie!

• I have become shame.

Heh. Right episode, wrong moment.

• edited March 2021

Your hubris was your undoing.

I have become shame.

• That's really neat! Makes sense why the rest of the scene is pretty barebones if the camera isn't shooting there. The crowd for this scene is positively tiny! (Also there's a lot of teleporting NPCs lol.)

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO!!!!

• New Life is Strange game announced and Borderlands 3 Director's Cut delayed

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

• edited March 2021

Looks great! I wonder what horrible fate will befall these two that will mentally scar me for life.

Damn, it's also been confirmed to be the final season by Dennis Owen. Hopefully it knocks it out of the park.

dojo32161 posted: »

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO!!!!

• Bicyclist reliving near-fatal accident while dreaming, 2021 colorized

Your browser does not support HTML5 video! https://i.imgur.com/RdKZdhM.gifv

• If it wasn’t for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Grammys would certainly win the award for the most brain-dead, dickless, money grubbing cunts in music. One of the most influential, innovative rock guitarists of all time, a generational talent in Eddie Van Halen, and all you can muster is a 15 second tribute. When other artists got full segments and artists performing to tribute them, all you give the guitarist of one of the greatest selling bands ever is a short clip with a dimly lit guitar on stage. Meanwhile, his son wrote an incredibly touching and emotional song in honor of his father, a song that was No. 1 on the Billboard Rock charts. Could have had him perform it on stage, or had him to give a speech, or even another guitarist do a medley of his best work. But no, we don’t have time for that I guess, in a 3 hour show.

Meanwhile, we had time to watch Megan Thee Stallion and Cardi B (the female Bill Cosby, whose actions would certainly have got her cancelled if she was a guy) perform a song called Wet Ass Pussy and scissor on stage. Lovely.

• edited March 2021

People of the Telltale forums. I need your help. Please vote green:

I need to beat someone.

• lowkey hoping TFTBL's re-release and Switch port actually don't do well so Gearbox doesnt make their own TFTBL2 while at the same time knowing it could also hurt a Telltale's TFTBL2 ever happening

• Unfortunately, my froggy friend, I fear that the decision on making a TFTB 2 might already be set in stone, regardless of how well the Switch Port performs...

We can only pray Gearbox chooses to work with AdHoc on the writing or something (that is, if the BL3 versions of the characters can even be saved... At least they haven't touched Fiona and Sasha yet, right? (And Gortys, best bot)

lowkey hoping TFTBL's re-release and Switch port actually don't do well so Gearbox doesnt make their own TFTBL2 while at the same time knowing it could also hurt a Telltale's TFTBL2 ever happening

• edited March 2021

A second The Dragon Prince tabletop game has been announced, this one is a board game. Not going to lie though, at this point, it feels somewhat frustrating, and definitely an over saturation of the title. Since Season 3, the latest season of the show, came out in November, 2019, the following has been released or confirmed to be in production:

• The Art of The Dragon Prince art book
    • Book One: Moon, a novelization of the show's first season, with some minor/major changes from the events of the show
    • Book Two: Sky, the novelization of the show's second season coming out August 3rd
    • Book Three: Sun, novelization of third season, no confirmed release date
    • Callum's Spellbook, Callum's journal of the events of the first three seasons from his perspective, basically a lore book going more into the history of the show's universe and world
    • Through The Moon, a canon graphic novel/comic book that takes place shortly after the events of Book 3 and that will tie hugely into the events of Book 4 (to those who read it, you know what I mean)
    • Bloodmoon Huntress, a second, recently announced graphic novel set as a prequel to the show which is described as "an action-packed tale featuring a young Rayla" coming out March, 2022
    • An unnamed multiplayer video game, which was one of the earliest planned developments in regards to the show
    • Tales of Xadia, the first tabletop game, an RPG set in the world of The Dragon Prince and, while not featuring any of the main characters to my knowledge, I think is supposed to have some elements that may be referenced or alluded to in upcoming seasons of the show
    • And now, this, The Dragon Prince Battlecharged, a second tabletop game for up to 6 players where you play as characters from the show (Rayla, Ezran, Callum, Amaya, Janai, Viren, Claudia, and Soren).

I like it when shows and games have supplemental material, but I have to be honest, Wonderstorm (makers of TDP) are really pushing it here. This is a lot that they're doing, and some of it is in-house (the video game most notably, but even the novels are being written by the show's creator Aaron Ehasz). Even the stuff they aren't fully doing like the tabletop games and comics have heavy oversight and involvement from the creators and writers. Meanwhile, there's still no news whatsoever on S4, outside of a post on Twitter saying it's being worked on. I know the pandemic has had an impact on development, but when you see all of this other stuff going on, even if some of it is being outsourced, you have to wonder if this is having an impact. All I'm saying is, I'm having some PTSD considering how Telltale ran themselves with how many games they made, don't want to see it happen here. All I can hope for is that The Dragon Prince gets the She-Ra treatment, in that the remaining seasons are made in such close conjunction with one another that the waits for the remaining seasons aren't too long (I have no idea what kind of impact it had on She-Ra's quality, I have never watched it, and don't really intend to).

That being said, those miniature figures looking absolutely amazing, I feel like that alone justifies the $40 purchase.

• Sadly I also think they are going to make TFTBL2 Ft. No one who worked on the original either way.

Knowing Gearbox, they won't. Especially if that is going to be happening now I dont see how Telltale or AdHoc could be involved.

So yes, I am very excited for TFTBL written by the people who couldn't write a non-complex story game to now write an even more story focused game. Surely it will be high quality.

AChicken posted: »

Unfortunately, my froggy friend, I fear that the decision on making a TFTB 2 might already be set in stone, regardless of how well the Switc

• Let's...fucking...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Finally, finally, finally, Techland is ready to start talking about Dying Light 2 again.

No release date yet, but that'll probably be revealed in a future announcement. I'm assuming the 2021 at the end of the video confirms we'll at least see the game come out this year.

• Horizon Zero Dawn is announced for the next "Play at Home" game to be free for all PS4/PS5 owners to play on April without PS Plus. Awesome

• I just realized that this month marks the 1 year anniversary of COVID-19 spreading all over the world, thus everything going on a lockdown.

• WHOA! Not only that, but they've announced a mega content drop for the end of March! 10 free games from Playstation independent partners.

These games, available for free starting March 25th, 2021 include:

• Abzu

• Enter the Gungeon

• Rez Infinite

• Subnautica

• The Witness

• Astro Bot Rescue Mission (Playstation VR)

• Moss (Playstation VR)

• Thumper (Playstation VR-optional)

• Paper Beast (Playstation VR)

There's also the Funimation/Wakanim promotion which gives new subscribers an additional 90 days on top of the 14-day free trial.

H:ZD will be free on April 19th.

This Play at Home promo still goes until June, who who knows what other surprises they've got planned for the next two months. This is awesome.

AronDracula posted: »

Horizon Zero Dawn is announced for the next "Play at Home" game to be free for all PS4/PS5 owners to play on April without PS Plus. Awesome

• edited March 2021

Fortnite started a new season. I would have loved to see the legal documents for the opening cinematic.

You've got Sarah Connor shooting up Xenomorphs, Ellen Ripley saving her from the Terminators, with The Predator, Ryu, Kratos, and Master Chief all making appearances too.

And fun fact: The Russo Brothers had a hand in directing it, apparently.
    (Neat, but, meh? -- "Donald Mustard is a visionary storyteller" -- lol. I don't much care for the 'Lore' of Fortnite, it's all one big convoluted way to justify the amount of collabs they've been doing now anyway. Although I like how they're putting their Animation department to good use. They make some pretty cool stuff.)

• Don’t mind me, just taking a trip down the memory lane.
    Man, I haven’t been here for almost 3 years, ever since telltale closed down and people were being afraid that they’d soon also shut down this forum.
    Telltale games and this forum were a huge part of my childhood and now It feels like I came back home, like a character from a movie returns to the old family house where he lived a long time ago. It’s almost desolate, everyone moved someplace else except for a couple of old geezers (no offense, guys) and it looks like it’s taking its last breaths before eventually crashing down. But it still feels... peaceful.
    Despite everything, it’s still one of the coziest places on the internet for me. I’m definitely never forgetting this forum and its people.
    Thank you.

• You are aware telltale is back, yes?

Don’t mind me, just taking a trip down the memory lane. Man, I haven’t been here for almost 3 years, ever since telltale closed down and pe

• Yeah, I know, but so far they haven’t really done much. I’m patiently waiting for them to take their time with TWAU S2, hoping that it becomes a cult classic like the first game, therefore giving a second life to the Telltale community.

captainivy1 posted: »

You are aware telltale is back, yes?

• Agreed. If it's a disappointment telltales done for good no doubt.

Here's hoping we didn't wait a decade for TWAU: ANF.

Yeah, I know, but so far they haven’t really done much. I’m patiently waiting for them to take their time with TWAU S2, hoping that it becomes a cult classic like the first game, therefore giving a second life to the Telltale community.

• "ay Tone, what da fuck is dis?"

• edited March 2021

Sweet dreams truly are made of this...

And capocool

(Also, trying to understand if that's MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY)

"ay Tone, what da fuck is dis?"

• I watched the Snyder Cut. This movie is the greatest heist movie I have ever seen because I have never seen anyone get robbed as hard as Ray Fisher did in the original movie lmao.

• edited March 2021

Just watched Raya and the Last Dragon. I’d say I enjoyed the movie. Nice story with a wholesome message, energetic and likable characters, great action scenes, beautiful animation (part of the fun of animated Disney/Pixar movies is watching the animation gain new heights year by year). If you’re hungry for more Disney this film does a solid job.

The only thing that really fell flat for me was Sisu in some parts. They tried to continue the Disney tradition where the mythical legendary being is more pop culture focused and modern and it didn’t really work for me here. That and I wasn’t too keen on how furry the dragon designs were, but that’s a nitpick.

I also felt like the moral of trusting in the good of other people and breaking past divisions could’ve been handled a little better. It’s a good message but given how many times Raya and Sisu very narrowly escaped death from trusting the wrong people it might be wise not to be too trusting at times.

But yeah, overall good movie :smile:

• So there is finally a freecam mod for TFTBL which has been pretty fun to mess around with. Sadly, there isnt that much to actually see behind the scenes (Which is actually pretty good, cuz what you see in game is pretty much everything!)

Anyway, in the spoiler tag are a few screenshots of some of the goofyness or cool shots yo

Wide

Floating

This "milk snack" thing you cant normally see in Ep 1

Scooter's Satellite

Usually when TTG's cut between levels, they have the other one loaded in its own little pocket dimension, and then there's this scene:

Here are a few Ep 2 areas of the Gortys Facility

Gortys

Hell1

Hell2

Cool beer taps in the Skag

This shot is funny af because they moved Rhys for the camera shot, but its ridiculously high

Ep 4's ship camp has a fire

• This smile makes me uncomfortable.

• Apologize.

This smile makes me uncomfortable.

• ...forgive me for I have sinned.

Apologize.

• edited March 2021

So uhhh here's a Japanese Splatoon 3 ad I found online. Lookin' good.

I'm most interested in the bottom-left, however, where you can see a picture (postcard?) of... Daft Punk on vacation?!

Some Daft Punk-inspired idols would be neat. I'm still holding out hope for a hard rock-influenced group though.

• "Haha I am glad you enjoyed that first reveal of Tales from the Borderlands 2! Now let's meet the people behind the game, ladies and gentlemen please get your hands together for Gearbox's narrative team!"

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

This is an interesting novel I need to read for a university course.

• Well, now I'm hooked and interested...

What a cool way to publish a novel!

dojo32161 posted: »

This is an interesting novel I need to read for a university course.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.