The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• This is fascinating. I've never heard of a book like this and I am intrigued.

dojo32161 posted: »

This is an interesting novel I need to read for a university course.

• Why is school so boring? It was fun and then boom, now it's just meh.

Also wow. I haven't posted as much as I used to.

• Somebody somewhere decided you needed to learn some boring stuff and didn't figure out how to teach it in a non-boring way.

Why is school so boring? It was fun and then boom, now it's just meh. Also wow. I haven't posted as much as I used to.

• Sucks how a lot of useful skills and knowledge are barely touched upon in today's school curriculum.

But some teachers can make learning fun and engaging for students, so they're cool.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Somebody somewhere decided you needed to learn some boring stuff and didn't figure out how to teach it in a non-boring way.

• Today's the day, by the way!

Get your hands on 10 indie games for free on the Playstation Store. They're available until April 22nd.

AChicken posted: »

WHOA! Not only that, but they've announced a mega content drop for the end of March! 10 free games from Playstation independent partners.

• Today is the two-year anniversary of the release of the final Telltale Walking Dead episode, and the long, long hiatus between the closure and Revival of Telltale.

• edited March 2021

First trailer for the reboot (-ish?) THE Suicide Squad is out. (note the added "the" -- wayyy different from 2016's title.)

It looks fun, I'm interested in the gimmick where a lot of these C-list characters played by A-list actors are going to die by the end of the film, but... I'm not holding out hope just yet for it.

The original film had awesome Queen-filled trailers that were well-edited and catchy. The final film turned out to be a much different beast. (Though James Gunn I think has a better understanding of the harmony between film and music if we're looking at the GOTG films.)

• Honestly its kinda funny seeing WB and DC trying to remake movies like Justice League and Suicide Squad. ZSJL was def better than the theatrical release, so WB went and said it wasnt canon, as if the DCEU ever had any consistency in the first place lmao

This does look good though and I think it will be good unlike what happened last time with the trailers being good but the movie not so much. I think it probably has a much clearer vision plus because they kinda gave up on DCEU junk they can just make a fun movie instead.

First trailer for the reboot (-ish?) THE Suicide Squad is out. (note the added "the" -- wayyy different from 2016's title.) It looks

• Was he Steppenwolf?

lupinb0y posted: »

I watched the Snyder Cut. This movie is the greatest heist movie I have ever seen because I have never seen anyone get robbed as hard as Ray Fisher did in the original movie lmao.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

He was Cyborg.

DabigRG posted: »

Was he Steppenwolf?

• Ghost of Tsushima isn't even a year old and Hollywood already decided to make a movie adaptation of it with the director of John Wick. Yep, running out of ideas as always.

• He played Cyborg.

Was he Steppenwolf?

• I love King Shark already.

First trailer for the reboot (-ish?) THE Suicide Squad is out. (note the added "the" -- wayyy different from 2016's title.) It looks

• What makes him even better is the fact that he is played by Sylvester Stallone.

I love King Shark already.

• I've only had King Shark for three minutes, but if anything happened to him I would kill everyone in this forum and then myself.

AronDracula posted: »

What makes him even better is the fact that he is played by Sylvester Stallone.

• edited March 2021

Seems the John Wick team (mainly the writer) is jumping on major video game IPs, trying to make another huge money maker.

So far, I know we've got

Honestly, I think it's a bit crazy (I don't see all those projects making it out of the game -- though I'd be interested if they did.)
    I haven't played Ghost, but isn't that game all about Samurai combat? I think Stahleski jumping onto the Ghost train and attempting to get it in theatres is a pretty neat idea. With his connections to the stunt team from the John Wick films, I'm sure they could make a really cool samurai action flick.

Honestly, this movie announcement has me excited for Sucker Punch. Just recently, the co-directors of Ghost, were named permanent ambassadors of the island. And ever more recent than that, it seems the Mayor of Tsushima was so impressed and honored with how popular and well-recognized his island is getting, he just wants to honor the whole team at Sucker Punch/Sony by making them ambassadors.
    I don't know about you, but this game is drawing a lot of eyes and getting to be quite the successful, boundary-breaking game from Sony. I think that's cool, and they can evolve this IP however they want. I'm interested in that film, actually. (Especially since it should be a bit easier to adapt, given it's somewhat based on real events.)

I should really pick up that game one day, hehe... :sweat_smile:

AronDracula posted: »

Ghost of Tsushima isn't even a year old and Hollywood already decided to make a movie adaptation of it with the director of John Wick. Yep, running out of ideas as always.

• ...oh.
    What, there were a lot more cool scenes for him?

He played Cyborg.

• I've heard Cyborg essentially becomes the main character of the film, or a large part of it.
    In the original cut, he only had like 10 lines or something.

...oh. What, there were a lot more cool scenes for him?

• edited March 2021

He's an actual character with an arc this time, essentially the main character instead of whatever he was supposed to be in the original cut. Now I'm not saying he's amazing but it's a big improvement.

...oh. What, there were a lot more cool scenes for him?

• edited March 2021

I tried La Croix for the first time today, the orange one specifically.

It tasted like sparkling water that was made next to a bucket of oranges.

• La Croix is no good friend. Why would you do that to yourself?

I tried La Croix for the first time today, the orange one specifically. It tasted like sparkling water that was made next to a bucket of oranges.

• That makes so much more sense, honestly. No one else really stood out that much despite how they handled Flash and Aquaman's introductions. Plus, Cyborg had the most to prove with simply being in the movie.

I've heard Cyborg essentially becomes the main character of the film, or a large part of it. In the original cut, he only had like 10 lines or something.

• I drink La Croix all the time, and I agree that to people used to sodas, it tastes simply disgusting.

They do have a "Curate" brand though that mixes two flavors in the same can. Those are slightly less bad, if you're determined to drink La Croix.

I tried La Croix for the first time today, the orange one specifically. It tasted like sparkling water that was made next to a bucket of oranges.

• Lol I'd heard about it's notoriously subtle flavours and wanted to try.

La Croix is no good friend. Why would you do that to yourself?

• I actually didn't think it was too bad until the fizz went away in like 10 minutes and I was left with weird flavoured water.

Not really determined to drink it, was just curious since I'd never seen it in Australia before. I didn't see a curate version of the drink at the store I went to but if I come across it I might try it then.

WarpSpeed posted: »

I drink La Croix all the time, and I agree that to people used to sodas, it tastes simply disgusting. They do have a "Curate" brand thoug

• Sony is gonna close the PSN store from PS3 on Summer and I have to buy some games which I'm in mood of replaying or playing. So far, I bought:

• The first 2 InFamous games
    • GTA 4
    • Silent Hill
    • The Resident Evil classic trilogy
  • edited March 2021

Writing the script now for a short film me and my crew are working on. I was really unenthused with the story idea for it at first but once I got it all rolling in my head I'm actually pretty excited. It's gonna be neat. We hope to film some sort of choreographed action scene so I'll be working with the director to see how that'll go. We're hoping to use this as part of our portfolio so hopefully it doesn't end up being mega ass lmao.

• I had a chance to order a PS5 on Amazon, then everything changed when I saw the price...

• Don't look now, but I think that cute boy is lookin at you

• Getting major Poker Night vibes from this.

(C'mon Telltale, let them play cards!)

Poogers555 posted: »

Don't look now, but I think that cute boy is lookin at you

• edited March 2021

Hand over Poker Night 3 and no one gets hurt

(And also photo mode)

Getting major Poker Night vibes from this. (C'mon Telltale, let them play cards!)

• July 8th, 2021

July 8th, 2021

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited March 2021

Me when it is 2021 and Poker Night 3 is not a thing (edit, okay it doesn't take you to 0:47 like I wanted, but that's the real money so watch that bit):

Hand over Poker Night 3 and no one gets hurt (And also photo mode)

• Try as you might, Poogs. You can't make another F17. The magic has all been used up.

July 8th, 2021

• I watched the first three episodes of Invincible. I think it's really damn good. It starts off fairly standard but it does a great job of setting itself apart of other superhero properties. It also helps that it's pretty darn violent. The action's also pretty well done and you get quite a few really well animated and great looking action scenes, particularly in episode 2.

Steven Yeun continues to show off his voice acting skills and J.K. Simmons is fantastic as Omni-Man. Aside from Yuen, the show also has a bunch of other Walking Dead alumni which is really neat and they're fun to listen to since I couldn't recognise any of them aside from Khary Payton who has a more recognisable voice.

Try as you might, Poogs. You can't make another F17. The magic has all been used up.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

...A bit odd to be seeing Infinity Train advertised with Sesame Street.

• edited March 2021

Ah, I remember complaints in summer of last year, advertising Infinity Train alongside other kids' shows as "Great HBO MAX Kids Content" (such as sesame street)

Good to know they haven't learned their lesson. (And are in the unfortunate mindset of "AniMatIOn Is jUsT FOr kIdS")

Though I guess you could call it "family entertainment"? More in the tween/teen age range, rather than HBO's usual Mature offering.

dojo32161 posted: »

...A bit odd to be seeing Infinity Train advertised with Sesame Street. https://twitter.com/InsideHBOMax/status/1376647548232986625

• edited March 2021

🐤🐥🐣

July 8th, 2021

Sign in to comment in this discussion.