The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• It's... It's an incredibly stupid play on words of "Masters/Master's".

You can shoot me now. :dizzy:

lupinb0y posted: »

... I used all the remaining braincells I had to write that essay.

AChicken posted: »

It's... It's an incredibly stupid play on words of "Masters/Master's". You can shoot me now.

• edited April 2021

Last month, I got the pleasure of going to a hockey game for the first time in over a year. Now, in May, I’ll get to go to a baseball game again. Will get to see the Yankees take on the Asteriks Astros. Now if I can find a way to sneak a trash can into the game, I will be all set. I’ve been waiting for this moment since 2019, and I am going to lavish it.

(for those that don’t know what I’m talking about, look up the Houston Astros cheating scandal)

• edited April 2021

Well I've finally tracked down, checked out the Animaniacs reboot. Only the first episode, but nonetheless...

I like it! It's a lot more cartoonish and zany than I expected -- and really feels like they've brought back the format and comedic style of vintage cartoons. Lots of visual gags, silly animated physics, and a quirky charm to the main Warner cast.

There definitely feels like there's some context I'm missing, where some older references don't make a lick of sense to me or the whole "Let's check out the iconic characters 22 years later", but it's mostly enjoyable.
    It's too early to call, since it's only Episode 1, but I much prefer the meta antics of the Warner siblings than the Pinky and the Brain segment (and judging by their flashy 3D title card, it seems like each episode might be split into 60/40 for Warner/P&B.) I'll probably warm up to it later.

The music in the show is fantastic. Sounds like they brought back the brass band of old, gave them the recording of the show and let them play. It's got all the usual music-timed-perfectly-to-character-action that is so prevalent in cartoons of old.

There's even a nice song about reboots.

First impression: yeah, cool. I'll continue with it if I can find the other episodes. It's a nice introduction to them.

• Me when I found out that the guy who pitched the idea for our short film didn't even read the book he was basing it all on.

• I figured "Hamlet" was all about ham and the meat packing industry, so I figured our short film should cover the dilemma of the executives on whether or not to start accepting cattle. "To beef or not to beef" and all that.

Me when I found out that the guy who pitched the idea for our short film didn't even read the book he was basing it all on.

• edited April 2021

Then... What the heck did he "base" the idea on if he didn't know what the original thing was?

Yeouch

Me when I found out that the guy who pitched the idea for our short film didn't even read the book he was basing it all on.

• Wanted to drop in and say I hope all of you are keeping well and staying safe.

• edited April 2021

Clementine will return in a Comic Book Series known as Skybound X along with Rick Grimes in 2021

UPDATE: URL wasn't working for a bit, but it's working now:

https://www.skybound.com/comics/announcements/skybound-x-comic-clementine-first-appearance

• Hey there been a while.

I hope all of you are keeping well and staying safe.

Same to you.

Wanted to drop in and say I hope all of you are keeping well and staying safe.

• edited April 2021

I got my wish, I literally asked for this. Since her story seems to just be a one shot issue I wonder what it'll be about. Maybe have a comic character stumble upon the school and tell them about the Western Alliance or something. More likely it'll probably just be a fun catch up on what she's been up to than anything super big.

The Rick 2000 comic sounds fun. I remember being really confused when I first read the alien fake out in issue 75.

Clementine will return in a Comic Book Series known as Skybound X along with Rick Grimes in 2021 https://twitter.com/TheWalkingDead/statu

• He knew what it was about, mostly the themes of the book when he pitched it to us. Then when we decided to adapt it I asked him if he read the book and he said no. So I bought the book and read part of it, and while he got the themes right, the book itself is fuckin' weird. He's missing the parts about aliens, Martian colonies and other stuff.

I have no idea why he was so adamant on doing this despite never having read the thing. So now I'm the only one of us who's actually read (part of) the book lol.

Then... What the heck did he "base" the idea on if he didn't know what the original thing was? Yeouch

• Doesn't seem to be a one shot thing, Skybound X is a five issue limited Series, Issue #1 has a lot of variant covers, so maybe each Issue delves more into each of the stories like Rick Grimes 2000, Clementine, and other Skybound Comics?

I got my wish, I literally asked for this. Since her story seems to just be a one shot issue I wonder what it'll be about. Maybe have a comi

• Hey there been a while.

Sure has, I dipped, didn't feel like I offered much here, I talk too much :joy:

Same to you.

Much appreciated

iFoRias posted: »

Hey there been a while. I hope all of you are keeping well and staying safe. Same to you.

• edited April 2021

Each issue of Skybound X follows a different Skybound character with the first one being about Clem. It's just that each issue also contains the Rick 2000 comic as well.

Also welcome back!

Doesn't seem to be a one shot thing, Skybound X is a five issue limited Series, Issue #1 has a lot of variant covers, so maybe each Issue delves more into each of the stories like Rick Grimes 2000, Clementine, and other Skybound Comics?

• Each issue of Skybound X follows a different Skybound with the first one being about Clem. It's just that each issue also contains the Rick 2000 comic as well.

I am daft :joy: my stupidity is immeasurable

Also welcome back!

Thanks! I doubt I was missed, but maybe I'll check in more often, I'm sure the Forums didn't miss my long comments :joy:

Each issue of Skybound X follows a different Skybound character with the first one being about Clem. It's just that each issue also contains the Rick 2000 comic as well. Also welcome back!

• I took a glance at the TWDG subreddit to see what they thought about the comic announcement and it's... kind of uncomfortable? It's a lot of complaining that Clem looks too dark skinned in the comic cover.

This is the comic cover (Spoiler tagged to save space).

Also a concerning amount of people on there can't seem to read.

• sees third picture

Kirkman, I swear to God. I already had to suffer once through this, don't do it to me again. Keep those walkers away from her.

Clementine will return in a Comic Book Series known as Skybound X along with Rick Grimes in 2021 https://twitter.com/TheWalkingDead/statu

• Sure has, I dipped, didn't feel like I offered much here, I talk too much :joy:

There's nothing wrong with that honestly anyway welcome back.

Hey there been a while. Sure has, I dipped, didn't feel like I offered much here, I talk too much Same to you. Much appreciated

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Welcome to the Internet, they're very yikes.

I took a glance at the TWDG subreddit to see what they thought about the comic announcement and it's... kind of uncomfortable? It's a lot of

• Off, Sony is making things worse recently. That Jim Ryan guy is already one of the worst CEOs of the recent era and I still cannot get my hands on a PS5.

You know what? Fuck Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. All three do give us quality games but they SUCK at management.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Killing Clementine in a one-shot story-- one that's unrelated to the Telltale corner of TWD universe no less-- would almost certainly cause a localized shit show

As much as he likes stirring the pot, I don't think even Kirkman would risk kicking that hornet nest

sees third picture Kirkman, I swear to God. I already had to suffer once through this, don't do it to me again. Keep those walkers away from her.

• You see, I want to believe you, but after the haphazard way he killed Rick and decided “Fuck it, I’m done with TWD comics,” I’m a bit hesitant.

Deltino posted: »

Killing Clementine in a one-shot story-- one that's unrelated to the Telltale corner of TWD universe no less-- would almost certainly cause

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited April 2021

Sure, but Rick was his character, and it was his book. This is Telltale's character, and Telltale's corner of the sandbox.

It's one thing for him to throw his hands up and end his own series, it's a different thing to pull the plug on the character and story that somebody else made. He might be the creator of TWD universe, and technically has the final say and all, but doing that would be a bit... unsporting, to say the absolute least.

You see, I want to believe you, but after the haphazard way he killed Rick and decided “Fuck it, I’m done with TWD comics,” I’m a bit hesitant.

• I mean like, the Ending wasn't bad, it was sudden, but The Walking Dead is full of surprises. He felt there wasn't much direction for the Story to go, he got to end it how he wanted to end it and at the end of the day, the creator should determine when it's time to put down the pen and it's up to the audience to accept that.

You see, I want to believe you, but after the haphazard way he killed Rick and decided “Fuck it, I’m done with TWD comics,” I’m a bit hesitant.

• Oxenfree 2 was announced

• edited April 2021

The first game was an amazing experience i'm glad there's gonna be a sequel.

Poogers555 posted: »

Oxenfree 2 was announced

• I swear when I'm done with college work and replay some of the games I'm desperate to replay, I'll actually sit down and complete Oxenfree.

Poogers555 posted: »

Oxenfree 2 was announced

• edited April 2021

Yeah he joined earlier this week as a Senior Project Manager

• To follow up on Poogers' post (I'd tag him but I'd rather not spam his notifications), here's the trailer for Oxenfree II: Lost Signals

They also plan on adapting Oxenfree into a TV Series as well, originally they partnered with Skybound to produce a film, but it just never materialised: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/night-school-studios-interview-oxenfree-movie-tv-show-series/

• edited April 2021

I will say, Oxenfree 2 was not the news I was expecting, but definitely a piece of good news. While Afterparty was kind of disappointing, the first Oxenfree was fantastic, so I'm definitely on board for this.

EDIT: Shit, it's only going to be on PC and Switch. This might be a problem for me (cries in PS4 and Mac)

• Wait, you have a Mac instead of PC? Cause if I remember correctly, you did play Arkham Asylum, City and Origins on PC or are they available on Mac too?

I will say, Oxenfree 2 was not the news I was expecting, but definitely a piece of good news. While Afterparty was kind of disappointing, th

• edited April 2021

TUNING RADIO WITH AGGRESSIVE EXCITEMENT

Man, I've been looking to replay Oxenfree again recently and looking to write a little piece about it (cause I've got such fond memories of it).

This is fantastic news. Hopefully it's a great sequel. Afterparty just didn't hook me in the way I wanted it to.

@MetallicaRules
    Considering it's not exclusive to one platform, I'm sure it'll come to Xbox and Playstation later down the line. Plenty of indie studios and titles have been doing similar things.

The indie Katana Zero released on PC and Switch 2 years ago, got an Xbox port late last year and recently just got rated for a Playstation release.

--

According to Night School, Oxenfree 2 might have some light choice mechanics.

Oxenfree 2 has a very similar look and feel to the original game, but the developer said players will be able to “shape [the story] is unexpected ways with the choices they make.”

To follow up on Poogers' post (I'd tag him but I'd rather not spam his notifications), here's the trailer for Oxenfree II: Lost Signals

• At the time, my Mac ran dual Windows and Apple operating systems. If I wanted to play a PC game, I booted up the Windows system and played it through that. However, since I don't really do anything anymore on YouTube gaming wise, and I had switched predominantly to PS4, I got rid of my Windows software to free up the space on my harddrive. Really regretting that decision now.

AronDracula posted: »

Wait, you have a Mac instead of PC? Cause if I remember correctly, you did play Arkham Asylum, City and Origins on PC or are they available on Mac too?

• I hope Oxenfree 2 is a lot like the original. I think it is a pretty common opinion that most people found After Party to be not that engaging, so I hope Oxenfree 2 keeps the engagement level the first one had.

TUNING RADIO WITH AGGRESSIVE EXCITEMENT Man, I've been looking to replay Oxenfree again recently and looking to write a little piece abou

• I loved the ending, honestly. There was something beautiful about it - the suddenness made it feel real. Sure, I would have wanted more issues, but all things must come to an end, and Kirkman got the ending he wanted.

I mean like, the Ending wasn't bad, it was sudden, but The Walking Dead is full of surprises. He felt there wasn't much direction for the St

• Oh, hey, the new message indicators are working for me again!

• I remember seeing Taika tease this a few weeks ago on his Instagram account, I wasn't aware it was out yet.
    That's... Wow, that's really well-made. Message hits hard, too.

For something I also find cool -- one of my favourite animation Youtubers, Jacadamia, made this cute thing.

Taiki Waititi stars in this cute and fun little stop-motion animated short about a bunny. It's really well animated and voice acted.

• edited April 2021

Absolutely loved Oxenfree which was probably my GOTY in 2016 so I'm very excited for this. Interesting that the game takes place on a different location close to Edwards Island. I wonder if that means the ghosts somehow managed to leave the island and made their way to Camena. Also seems like a cult of some kind is involved if those masked people are of any indication, so maybe they're the reason the Kanaloa crew managed to escape their imprisonment.

Also it'd be neat if one of the previous characters will make a cameo appearance, just to say here they are and they're okay.

To follow up on Poogers' post (I'd tag him but I'd rather not spam his notifications), here's the trailer for Oxenfree II: Lost Signals

• That's pretty cute, though I thought it was gonna take a dark turn once all the other rats showed up, but nah they just want the spaghet lol.

I remember seeing Taika tease this a few weeks ago on his Instagram account, I wasn't aware it was out yet. That's... Wow, that's really w

Sign in to comment in this discussion.