The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Hey, I just noticed that this thread is getting highlighted again, for each new comment.

• edited April 2021

I love that every House of the Dead game, no matter how new always has terrible voice acting. I feel like it's a contractual obligation or something. I can't wait to suffer like G did.

• Ok

Wait

Oxenfree 2 is slated for this year?

Ohhh I need to lie down.

• edited April 2021

Sam & Max: Save The World Remastered is getting a physical release:

Collector Editions for both the Nintendo Switch and PC Versions are also opening pre-orders on April 30th, I'll share that announcement under a spoiler tag so to not completely cover the page with my comment. The Switch Collector Edition is going for $75, the PC Collector Edition is going for $65

Also, The Sam & Max Save the World PC Collector's Edition has all the same goodies as its Switch counterpart, but comes with a DVD featuring both the original and the remastered releases.

UPDATE:
    Jaysus, they're also adding the Sam & Max Case File from 2007. It's back in the Collector's Edition, with a few updates to the art to match the new lighting in the remaster.

• Still have my original Sam & Max case files! There's a new write-up of the story behind the Season One Case File at https://skunkapegames.com/samandmax/casefile/ .

Sam & Max: Save The World Remastered is getting a physical release: https://twitter.com/skunkape/status/1382767507119828992 Coll

• I stumbled across the write up earlier, Emily Morganti shared it, I like the design of the case file, it's simplistic, but the little details like the small stains to show its age and wear, it's just so aesthetically pleasing to me.

I applied for three jobs today, so if I am successful in landing one, I'm making sure I get my hands on the more expensive Collector Edition for collections sake.

How about you? Is this something you'll be pushing to get?

WarpSpeed posted: »

Still have my original Sam & Max case files! There's a new write-up of the story behind the Season One Case File at https://skunkapegames.com/samandmax/casefile/ .

• Heyeyey, it's good to see you guys @Cocoa2736 @iFoRias @CAITT @InGen_Nate_Kenny @AChicken !

Kinda a late response. I'm doing good! I've started studying graphic design this year, and I've been playing the new Oddworld game.

How you all doing?

I'm glad to hear Wolf 2 is still in development! I saw the announcement trailer aaages ago but haven't heard anything else since. (I still gotta play the first game... ahaha)

Also, it looks like I'm not the only one who's popped in after not being here for a while. It's good to see you again @dylanwoods777 ! Also, hey there @Tolispro and @Isabella8656 ! I don't think I recognise ya'll, but I wanted to say welcome back anyway!

(I haven't used a forum in a while. I wasn't sure if I should've made separate replies, or just one responding to all)

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Infinity Train Book 4 released today. Go watch Infinity Train.

• Hey there! It's been a long minute, I'm happy to see you pop in :smile: What has graphic design been like for you? How long have you been studying and/or how long will you be studying?

I'm on the homestretch for my second year in Applied Social Studies, I mainly did the course for the psychology part (it was part of year one) but it wasn't as front and centre as I'd have liked. This academic year has been more focused on disabilities and mental health, I felt I've really grown and matured as a human being because of it.

I had a lot more to say in my comment, but felt it is already too long :joy:

Heyeyey, it's good to see you guys @Cocoa2736 @iFoRias @CAITT @InGen_Nate_Kenny @AChicken ! Kinda a late response. I'm doing good! I've s

dojo32161 posted: »

Infinity Train Book 4 released today. Go watch Infinity Train.

• edited April 2021

Just finished the 4th and final book of Infinity Train. It's very good and is by far the most lighthearted season overall, considering the events of the previous seasons. Though it definitely still has its fair share of serious and somber moments. The shift in tone feels like a much needed change from the incredibly dark Book 3 which completely fucked me up. I feel that this was the right tone to end it on, despite how premature of a death the show has suffered. However, I do think the public reception of the season will suffer because of this due to it being the final season, regardless that this was not planned to be the final season. Ryan, Min and Kez are great characters with very relatable issues, to the point of being uncomfortable to me, and the cast do a great job with the characters. In particular with Minty Lewis as Kez in my opinion who I found to be a fun character. Also I find it funny that Niki Yang is Cartoon Networks number one choice to voice a Korean woman lol.

Damn, I'm really going to miss this show. Maybe it'll get a revival sometime down the line, but for now I'm glad that Owen Dennis had a chance to tell some really great stories.

TLDR;
    The Infinity Train wasn't infinite after all. False advertising 0/10. Worst show ever.

• Spent the day choreographing a fight scene for our short film. It took like four hours to do and we were exhausted by the end, but it was really fun.

It felt cool pretending to fight like I know what I'm doing lol.

• edited April 2021

Oh hey I didn’t know a new oddworld game came out. I still need to finish new & tasty.

Nice to hear you’re doing good. Life’s been going good for me too.

(I still gotta play the first game... ahaha)

I really recommend it since I still feel like it’s Telltales best game. There hasn’t really been much news on S2 of Wolf yet outside of the announcement I don’t think

Heyeyey, it's good to see you guys @Cocoa2736 @iFoRias @CAITT @InGen_Nate_Kenny @AChicken ! Kinda a late response. I'm doing good! I've s

Seems like it'll be some shorts for Earth Day.

• Now THIS I will be watching. This is something you can tell me what to do.

Seems like it'll be some shorts for Earth Day. https://twitter.com/AvatarNews_/status/1383146945837879300

Go watch Infinity Train.

Now THIS I will be watching. This is something you can tell me what to do.

• edited April 2021

Go watch Infinity Train.

• When during the show will this series take place? Like after the show?

Seems like it'll be some shorts for Earth Day. https://twitter.com/AvatarNews_/status/1383146945837879300

I don't even know if they'll be canon.

Menofthe214 posted: »

When during the show will this series take place? Like after the show?

• Man... I still need to finish ATLA.

• Well that's a gaffe. Oof.

RIP https://twitter.com/MKatwood/status/1383250911040995328

• Agghhhh, why is Avatar so bad at giving good news? (With Zuko's voice)

• Nooo... It can't be...

• I just got my first dose of Pfizer about 45 minutes ago. Super easy, super painless. My upper left arm does feel a little more stiff, but otherwise I'm feeling good, feeling fine. Pfizer gang rise up.

• edited April 2021

Netflix's Hilda has won three Annie Awards it was nominated for! It won Best Character Animation, with The Deerfox episode winning Best TV/Media - Children and Best Editorial, all under the TV/Media category.

Wolfwalkers also won five Annie Awards, nearly edging out Soul which won seven, which is incredibly impressive! It won Best Indie Feature, Best Character Design, Best Direction, Best Production Design and Best Voice Acting, all under the feature category. Wolfwalkers was my favourite animated thing last year, so I'm very happy it's getting the recognition it deserves.

• YEAH!!
    Guess Wolf walkers is really good then, huh?

Also, surprised to see Spider-Man Miles Morales win best Video Game Character Animation. I was really seeing TLOU2 win that one. (Then again, seeing clips of it, those new web-swinging animations are smooooth.)

Mandolorian won best live action animation. Neato.

Also Netflix's Big Mouth won a Writing - TV award for an episode? Huh.

lupinb0y posted: »

Netflix's Hilda has won three Annie Awards it was nominated for! It won Best Character Animation, with The Deerfox episode winning Best TV/M

• edited April 2021

Guess Wolf walkers is really good then, huh?

If anything, at least watch it for the gorgeous hand drawn animation. That's not a knock on the writing, it's just that the animation is incredible.

Also, surprised to see Spider-Man Miles Morales win best Video Game Character Animation. I was really seeing TLOU2 win that one. (Then again, seeing clips of it, those new web-swinging animations are smooooth.)

Ooo that's actually surprising, but yeah a lot of the action and web-swinging going on in the game is smoother than butter so that's probably what did it.

Mandolorian won best live action animation.

I'm struggling to think of any other live action show recently that has had animated characters in it so I guess?

Also Netflix's Big Mouth won a Writing - TV award for an episode? Huh.

I've heard that the writing in the show is actually quite good if you can look past the visuals. But of the nominations I was hoping She-Ra would have won that lol.

AChicken posted: »

YEAH!! Guess Wolf walkers is really good then, huh? Also, surprised to see Spider-Man Miles Morales win best Video Game Character Anima

• edited April 2021

But of the nominations I was hoping She-Ra would have won that lol.

Even though I just discovered She-Ra this last year, and even though I know it might not be super amazing, it's got a lot of stand-out moments, especially in that last season. (Plus, I believe each season is better than the last. It's a rare "it only goes up from here" kind of show.)

Bit disappointing that it didn't win anything, but the fact that they got it nominated twice is great.
    (Last year, it only got nominated for music. The year before, it didn't get nominated at all.)

lupinb0y posted: »

Guess Wolf walkers is really good then, huh? If anything, at least watch it for the gorgeous hand drawn animation. That's not a knoc

• edited April 2021

Yep, while I really enjoy the first couple seasons, it really hit its stride in the third season when it became more serialised and less episodic.

But of the nominations I was hoping She-Ra would have won that lol. Even though I just discovered She-Ra this last year, and even th

• Im oshul, i like games and making stuff.

Im wondering if TellTale is thinking of maybe releasing the TellTale tool to the public now that it isn't being used anymore...just imagining the moding possibilities.

• No they haven't any plans to release the Telltale Tool to the public

oshul posted: »

Im oshul, i like games and making stuff. Im wondering if TellTale is thinking of maybe releasing the TellTale tool to the public now that it isn't being used anymore...just imagining the moding possibilities.

• Even the Telltale developers hated the Telltale Toollike a placeholder texture in Guardians of the Galaxy has text that says ‘I hate the tool’ on it lol

It was never really a good engine

oshul posted: »

Im oshul, i like games and making stuff. Im wondering if TellTale is thinking of maybe releasing the TellTale tool to the public now that it isn't being used anymore...just imagining the moding possibilities.

• Apparently it was pretty great for actually writing in with a lot of the writers saying they wish they had similar tools with engines they are using now.

So I guess the yin yang is the Telltale Tool was great for branching narrative stories but terrible for actual building a game in lmao

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Even the Telltale developers hated the Telltale Toollike a placeholder texture in Guardians of the Galaxy has text that says ‘I hate the tool’ on it lol It was never really a good engine

• Sony will no longer shut down the PS3 store. Hallelujah

• I think we all knew it was going to happen but I think this is like, confirmation that Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space as well as Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse will be getting an eventual Nintendo Switch port. Why I think that is Limited Run Games have put up a preorder for a Sam & Max Slipcover designed to house all three games. It'll be available for preorder on April 30th.

Link to Limited Run Games listing: https://limitedrungames.com/collections/sam-and-max/products/sam-max-switch-slipcover

• Turns out yelling at corporations works again!

Jim Ryan, why'd this have to happen in the first place?

AronDracula posted: »

Sony will no longer shut down the PS3 store. Hallelujah

• Still have doubts about this idiot but at least he took the feedback seriously. Unlike Nintendo who still refuses to re-release Super Mario 3D All Stars in the store.

Turns out yelling at corporations works again! Jim Ryan, why'd this have to happen in the first place?

• edited April 2021

I've been wondering if this year we'd hear more of this...

Love, Death, and Robots Season Twoooo!!

May 14 AAAHHH
    and there's a season 3 coming in 2022 AHHHHH

• Someone earlier asked what upcoming game I was looking forward to, and I wasn't thinking at the moment, so didn't reply, but here it is. The third major game of the "To The Moon" series should be out soon. It's called "Impostor Factory" and was supposed to be out last year, but lots of things were supposed to happen last year. There's no announced date on it, but hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.