The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited April 2021

I just wanna play mah Lego's :cry:

Oh well, as long as the podracing isn't absolutely impossible to control they can take as long as they want.

AChicken posted: »

Sad times. TT Games (not our TT Games) has delayed the Lego Skywalker Saga indefinitely for the time being. Hmmm https://twitter.com/TTGames/status/1377984167233744899

• I replayed Assassin's Creed 2 for the first time in ages! I am surprised to say that this game is not as fascinating as I remember. It did not age well because the climbing system is dated as fuck, the combat was very repetitive, it's way too long, the voice acting is weird and the frame drops were distracting (Played on PS3, I don't trust my PC to run it well).

Despite all of that, it was still a great experience. It reminded me how special the AC franchise used to be and was obsessed with it but lost my whole interest after I played Black Flag. Now it's trying to copy Witcher 3 because that's the game everyone loves, right? Oh well, you be soft.

• How did I not know this existed?

• The summary of the Borderlands movie has been released:

"Two-time Academy Award® winner Cate Blanchett teams up with Kevin Hart in director Eli Roth’s Borderlands. Lilith (Blanchett), an infamous outlaw with a mysterious past, reluctantly returns to her home planet of Pandora to find the missing daughter of the universe’s most powerful S.O.B., Atlas (Ramirez). Lilith forms an alliance with an unexpected team – Roland (Hart), a former elite mercenary, now desperate for redemption; Tiny Tina (Greenblatt), a feral pre-teen demolitionist; Krieg (Munteanu), Tina’s musclebound, rhetorically challenged protector; Tannis (Curtis), the scientist with a tenuous grip on sanity; and Claptrap (Black), a persistently wiseass robot. These unlikely heroes must battle alien monsters and dangerous bandits to find and protect the missing girl, who may hold the key to unimaginable power. The fate of the universe could be in their hands – but they’ll be fighting for something more: each other. Based on the game from Gearbox and 2K, one of the bestselling videogame franchises of all time, welcome to Borderlands."

Sounds like they had a generic, sci-fi script on hand, and decided to plaster Borderlands on it to get some extra cash out of it. I'm not even a huge fan of the first Borderlands game, but reading this actually hurt me with how much they're changing. I get it, it's a movie/film adaptation, you have to make changes from the original for the sake of a new medium and to appeal to people who haven't played the games. But this, this is giving me a lot of red flags.

No mention of vault hunters or vault hunting, Atlas is a person instead of a gun manufacturing company searching for a Vault, Tiny Tina and Krieg are involved when they weren't introduced until Borderlands 2, Krieg is TT's protector (there was a fan theory that Krieg is actually the biological father of Tina and that he turned into a psycho due to Hyperion's experiments, but this was debunked by Gearbox), no mention of Lilith as a siren but as an "outlaw with a mysterious past," and searching for a missing girl instead of a vault ($20 bucks says the girl's name is Angel, even though that's Handsome Jack's daughter).

• lmao I saw it as well. After the casting I think we all knew that leaked plot from a while ago was real but no one wanted to believe and no here we are.

Dont know why video game movies are so cured. Just adapt BL2 into a movie, probably one of the easier video game plots to trim down to fit a 2 hour story mark. No idea why they want to change it up so much.

Real question is who is gonna be cast as Handsome Jack for the post credit scene of the sequel that will never happen?

The summary of the Borderlands movie has been released: "Two-time Academy Award® winner Cate Blanchett teams up with Kevin Hart in direct

• You right now

The summary of the Borderlands movie has been released: "Two-time Academy Award® winner Cate Blanchett teams up with Kevin Hart in direct

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited April 2021

The pit in my stomach was already forming with "returns to her home planet," and they lost me at "to find the missing daughter"

Two of the most milquetoast plot points in the first sentence

also what idiot decided to make Atlas a singular person instead of a company

• That was my first thought, why change Atlas from a company to a person? If you're going to do a person known as the "universe's most powerful S.O.B." why not just make it Handsome Jack? At least then the missing daughter would be somewhat of a reference to the games, and you could just make it Angel.

And Atlas as a person pretty much confirms that elements like the Crimson Lance, Commandant Steele, and General Knoxx aren't going to be here.

The more I hear of this, the more it sounds like the Super Mario Bros. movie mixed with some elements of The Last Airbender.

Deltino posted: »

The pit in my stomach was already forming with "returns to her home planet," and they lost me at "to find the missing daughter" Two of th

• The more I hear of this, the more it sounds like the Super Mario Bros. movie mixed with some elements of The Last Airbender.

It actually sounds more like the DOOM movies, which are just shameless rip-offs of "Aliens" with some DOOM aspects slapped into them.

That was my first thought, why change Atlas from a company to a person? If you're going to do a person known as the "universe's most powerfu

• The plot leaked?

Poogers555 posted: »

lmao I saw it as well. After the casting I think we all knew that leaked plot from a while ago was real but no one wanted to believe and no

• A long time ago now, a basic synopsis was leaked for the BL movie which everyone who read it came to the conclusion that it sounded terrible. Today we now know it is official as the official synopsis of the film is almost word for word the same. (So the entire plot did not leak, but as long as you read Metalica's comment you're caught up.)

lupinb0y posted: »

The plot leaked?

• I love Kevin Hart, but I will say there is no way in the world I would be intimidated by him. I wonder how different Roland will be. Maybe he'll drink milkshakes.

Interesting to see where they go. It is kind of weird to have Atlas when like, that sounds perfect for Handsome Jack. But it is not. RIP.

• Twelve Minutes is now getting rated in different regions. A release date shouldn't be too far off, now.

• edited April 2021

Hot damn, this looks absolutely incredible! It looks and feels like something Wes Anderson would direct.

They did an absolutely amazing job mimicking the claymation look, it took me a minute to realise it's all in-engine.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

That looks really interesting.

Hot damn, this looks absolutely incredible! It looks and feels like something Wes Anderson would direct. They did an absolutely amazing job mimicking the claymation look, it took me a minute to realise it's all in-engine.

• Nice,i've had this game on my Steam wishlist for a while i love indie games and this one has a great cast too looking forward to it.

Twelve Minutes is now getting rated in different regions. A release date shouldn't be too far off, now. https://twitter.com/12minutesgame/status/1377784343423287300

• Taiki Waititi stars in this cute and fun little stop-motion animated short about a bunny. It's really well animated and voice acted.

• Yikes.

I agree with you on that, it feels really really generic. By the summary, it seems like this movie is going to likely end up really mediocre. It's just the same plot point we've seen in several science fiction movies just with some questionable casting and with the Borderlands characters desperately slapped on to it just to get people to watch their movie.

Sounds like a normal video game movie.

• edited April 2021
  • edited April 2021

fiona i dont feel so good

• Cursed picture.
    What's going on here?

Poogers555 posted: »

fiona i dont feel so good

• tomorrow i post epic B)

Cursed picture. What's going on here?

• me when the wolf is wolf among us 2

• edited April 2021

Three minutes of Infinite Train Book 4 were released!

I wonder if the twist in this, if there is one, is that only Ryan was supposed to be put on the train, since Min seems to have his life on track.

• Prince Philip finally died. Honestly he's been at death's door for years but beaten it every time, so it surprises me that he finally passed. Sad.

• Hello, gamers

Oh, neat, Erin Yvette's going to be in Neo TWEWY.

• No release date on 12 Minutes yet, but here's some details on how the game plays and how long it might be!
    Star-Studded Indie Game 12 Minutes Is Really Almost 20 Hours Long

During his ID@Xbox interview, Antonio mentions that the game will function similarly to an old-style point-and-click game, just more polished. While the game itself will not give any direction as to how to move forward, players can expect a wide range of interactable objects within the apartment. Explore the various rooms, the characters, dishes, and furniture and combine them with one another or with other characters to see what happens. It's up to the player alone to find the secret to breaking the loop cycle.

Antonio also mentioned that while the game was being playtested, although he estimated it to last roughly eight hours, they found that the playthrough time was as high as nearly 20 hours. The player can look forward to an extensive amount of story options and unique experiences. Players will need to learn from their past mistakes or be doomed to remain trapped in a never-ending time loop.

Twelve Minutes is now getting rated in different regions. A release date shouldn't be too far off, now. https://twitter.com/12minutesgame/status/1377784343423287300

• 12 Minutes Is Really Almost 20 Hours Long

False advertising, 0/10.

I wonder how they're gonna make spending around 20 hours in a single apartment entertaining. There has to be an absurd amount of stuff that you can do if it takes that long to complete the game.

No release date on 12 Minutes yet, but here's some details on how the game plays and how long it might be! Star-Studded Indie Game 12 Minu

• Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical on it having 20 hours of content/alternate takes. It's either that, or the playtesters were so confused, it took them 20 hours to finish the game :joy:

Maybe each loop isn't 12 minutes though, and that's just how long the first one is where the MC gets killed by the mystery man.
    (It's either a "time resets at X minutes" loop like Groundhog Day or "time resets when you die" loop like Russian Doll.)

12 Minutes Is Really Almost 20 Hours Long False advertising, 0/10. I wonder how they're gonna make spending around 20 hours in a

• I've been playing the standalone version of Enderal which was a mod for Skyrim and I've been really enjoying it. It's got a really interesting world and story, there's a variety of characters you can meet and form relationships with, it's more challenging and harder to cheese than Skyrim, and the world also contains a lot more varied environments and colour than Skyrim which is nice.

However, the game does suffer from the fact that it runs on the Skyrim engine lol. So certain bugs and glitches from Skyrim are carried over here. Also there's two really bullshit bossfights who are legitimately impossible to beat even on the easiest setting which required me having to turn on godmode to finish that questline. Other than that I've been having fun with it.

If anyone's interested in trying it out, it's completely free. You just need to own either Skyrim or Skyrim: Special Edition on Steam, no installation needed, then download the version of Enderal which corresponds with the version of Skyrim you have.

• edited April 2021

Last year I wrote a 27 paged exegesis (also known as a big ass essay) for my Master's degree and one of my lecturer's recently asked for my permission to include my work in an anthology collection of the best student research papers of 2020. Apparently I am one of a maximum of three people in my entire Master's degree that will have their work featured in the collection. The exegesis was incredibly stressful to work on and soon I will be one of those people who will have their work shown to students as an example of what to do when working on their research.

That's pretty neat.

• edited April 2021

That's amazing! Good job!

What was the essay about? I don't know what I'd write 27 pages on...

Last year I wrote a 27 paged exegesis (also known as a big ass essay) for my Master's degree and one of my lecturer's recently asked for my

• This year's Masters is getting really exciting towards the end.

• Thanks!

Essentially it was about the process of creating a podcast (writing, recording, editing, etc) and how I used those methods to create my own podcast about a historical event in Malaysia known as the 13 May 1969 Incident, which involved a general election sparking a racial riot that cost the lives of a lot of Malaysian citizens.

Also technically it was 19 pages with the remaining pages being additional things like references, a release form, interview questions, and the podcast script, but 27 pages sounds more impressive :grimace:

That's amazing! Good job! What was the essay about? I don't know what I'd write 27 pages on...

• Omg, I have not been on this website for years... How is everyone doing lol

Good

Omg, I have not been on this website for years... How is everyone doing lol

• I don't know... Does it, @lupinb0y? :wink:

I wrote a 27 paged exegesis for my Master's

This year's Masters is getting really exciting towards the end.

• edited April 2021

I used all the remaining braincells I had to write that essay.

I don't know... Does it, @lupinb0y? I wrote a 27 paged exegesis for my Master's

• Looks like Water ship Down there tops this

OzzyUK posted: »

Demon Easter bunny?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.