The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• tfw Wolf 2 was the second to last reveal at the game awards and was pretty poggers so they said "No thanks, bro, Vin Diesel time!" and ended it on the lamest thing they could've picked lmao

AChicken posted: »

Definitely that. People tune in for the announcements of games not announcements of awards. God, I wish that weren't the case, but it is.

• edited April 2021

And those celebrity appearances? Ehhhh no thanks. Sometimes they're okay, other times they're weird.

Not to mention, Christopher Nolan was the worst guest you could ever invite to Game Awards. Nothing against the guy, but why would they invite a filmmaker to a show which has absolutely nothing to do with his own career? I cannot recall Nolan ever playing games in his spare time or being involved in gaming except for the fact that Batman Begins has been adaptated to a game and The Dark Knight almost had one but was cancelled.

If I didn't make it very clear, he mentioned something like "All those nominees have a very strong narrative and writing". That is completely irrelevant, considering that one of the nominees is Animal Crossing New Horizons, a life simulation game which has no narratives or any stories to tell. I think it's obvious that Nolan never played any of these games.

Definitely that. People tune in for the announcements of games not announcements of awards. God, I wish that weren't the case, but it is.

• The Muppets stuff is cringe, no beating around the bush with it, it's goofy, I do roll my eyes when I see it, it's a light-hearted part of the show, which is fine, but, I wouldn't miss it if they removed it.

How dare you. Seeing Bunsen and Beaker advertise Untitled Goose Game was amazing, I'm still mad that the Beaker thing wasn't real.

True, I mean more so like advertising for other stuff, where this part of my comment fails is I can't recall an ad from the last Awards, but

• The Game Awards views are not going to drop this year at all and will very likely be extremely high again because there's more of an incentive to watch as an audience member.

No you don't understand, the game I didn't like won big awards. This years Game Awards is going to go broke this year mark my words.

Poogers555 posted: »

I mean if you want the real answer to why Oscars and other Award Shows ratings dropped but Game Awards keep rising its simply because there

• edited April 2021

I think I got bored of Munch’s Oddysee somewhat and that’s why I don’t really remember it lol I’ll have to check out Soulstorm sometime

I had some problems with it and never really finished the game but I’m glad you enjoyed Part 2 still. It’s crazy how controversial the game was

Have you played any other games recently? I’ve been having trouble staying invested in new games now so usually I’ll buy a game and barely start it before losing interest haha

I might have to pop into the TLOU thread sometime. I imagine there's lots of walls of text there lol.

Ohh yeah, Munch's Oddysee is the weakest of the Oddworld games, but it still has some great art, cinematics, story, and charm to it. It's pr

• edited April 2021

Fair points, I can see where you're coming from with the music, and I agree with the Muppets inclusion, if it were axed, I wouldn't miss it, if it's there, I roll my eyes and wait for what's after.

The pre-show awarding ceremony wasn't at all good, like I can get wanting to kick off the show a bit earlier with some smaller Awards, but make them a big deal, they are a big deal to people.

@AronDracula Christopher Nolan is interested in video games as a storytelling medium, he was part of development for an Inception game that didn't see the light of day, Tenet had a trailer premiere in Fortnite, and you mentioned a Batman game based on The Dark Knight, so he has an interest in the medium and acknowledges the potential it has to create compelling games filled to the brim with quality Storytelling.

In an interview with Geoff Keighley he said he's interested in having a film of his adopted into a game, so I think that further reinforces that he does care about the industry and is open to exploring the telling of stories through it.

Even if he isn't directly involved with the process, his storytelling and characteristics of his worlds have inspired game developers to adapt them into their own games, essentially inspiring art that we in our corner of entertainment are fond of.

And if we disregard that too, his presence still brings an audience that want to see him, and him recognizing video games as an industry and in being a major name from the filmmaking industry shows the power of the industry and how it is as capable of influencing culture like films do. Him simply being there opens up more people to video games, that can't be a bad thing, it's making our industry bigger and better.

I'm not super sure what they could do to add more interactivity. I feel it has enough as it is seeing how that's the reason why it has so ma

• Saddest news all year. El Risitas died :cry:

• Bo Burnham is coming out with a new comedy special soon and I am HYPED

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Huh, seems the thread isn't saying "New Posts' again anymore.

• It is showing for me. How funky.

dojo32161 posted: »

• edited April 2021

And just as soon as it returned, it was gone again. Floating away, like a turd in the wind.

• how

It is showing for me. How funky.

• edited April 2021

Tales of Monkey Island: Full Season is now available on iOS Devices

Also... Invincible has been picked up for Season 2 and Season 3 on Amazon Prime Video. Today has been an awesome day

• Also... Invincible has been picked up for Season 2 and Season 3 on Amazon Prime Video.

That's amazing, couldn't be happier rn

Tales of Monkey Island: Full Season is now available on iOS Devices https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1387813965346926597 Als

It's been nice seeing New Telltale treating these older series well.

Tales of Monkey Island: Full Season is now available on iOS Devices https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1387813965346926597 Als

• edited April 2021

Sony had a State of Play on Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart that just concluded.

In the spoiler tag I've shared about 15 minutes of gameplay. Nibel came in clutch and has a Twitter thread of screenshots from the game, they'll be in the spoiler tag too, sorry if my frequent posts have bothered anyone

• edited April 2021

Definitely the first title I need to get whenever I get around to upgrading to next-gen.

That State of Play was super tiny though. Ratchet and Clank was neat, but a bit of info on Subnautica and a tease of Among Us was the rest of it? They couldn't get any other indies on-board, or shown what next month's Play At Home titles are? Weird to make such a big deal of it in a presentation when they could have easily released all this separately.

Sony had a State of Play on Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart that just concluded. In the spoiler tag I've shared about 15 minutes of gamep

• Now this wasn't shown in the State of Play stream, but it also dropped today. A gameplay demo from the developers of the rogue-like action game Returnal. Looks pretty darn fun.

• Invincible has been picked up for Season 2 and Season 3 on Amazon Prime Video.

• edited April 2021

Why should I watch a 3-4 hour award ceremony, when I can watch a 5-10 minute recap on YouTube, have someone live tweet the winners, or just google “Oscar winners 2021.”

Kind of like the draft from Bill Burr the comedian complain about where you know what the picks for each nfl team goes too the next day. They will have list for it. Like,Wth should ppl watch that for hours. LoL also ratings from these awards show show ppl just don't care anymore. Like this year's Oscars were boring and came off like what Ricky Gervais last year on a different award show known as the Academy Awards. To this day his words remain true. No one really cares about what the celebrities say tbh. They are hypocrites cause this idea that we should listen them? Is pure BS! They are full of it.

One person I actually agree with for once when it comes to this has been Bill Maher.

That is a guy i sometimes agree with too. Once a while. Cause I don't agree with his views on things. Still very much facts from what he said here.

Also man,i feel good to be back. Because I took a long break to workout and get fit. Gym time is good. Including movie theaters. Saw King Kong vs Godzilla. Cheered for Godzilla cause he is my bro! Love that badass monster since I was a kid. I hope everyone is doing well. I hope you stay safe,guys

Some of it probably has to do with people finding other stuff to do, but even during a pandemic and lockdowns, when people were cut off from

• Came across this on a scroll.

• edited April 2021

POV: You wrote a response in agreement but the original comment was deleted the second you did so now you have to replace it with this

It truly used to be a good dang.

POV: You wrote a response in agreement but the original comment was deleted the second you did so now you have to replace it with this

Anyway, just a general reminder that we don't allow political discussion, it was getting a bit close with some earlier discussions here.

• edited April 2021

POV: dojo saw I originally edited my post to "dang" before I put something I thought was funnier from a serious situation, as my serious response to a serious post would awkwardly be there without context, but now dojo knows I changed it to dang as I changed it making it more awkward

It truly used to be a good dang.

• Yeah so I unintentionally made an oopsie, thankfully dojo came in and dealt with it. So... how's the weather for everyone?

• Warm, but humid. I hate humidity man. How about you?

Yeah so I unintentionally made an oopsie, thankfully dojo came in and dealt with it. So... how's the weather for everyone?

• Today was pretty dull and cold, we had a good string of days that were bright and warm, but it's Ireland, one second we have sunlight and the next we are battening down the hatches in preparation for heavy rain.

I appreciate the sunny days as it's a real mood booster, the winter months were hard, especially in lockdown.

Warm, but humid. I hate humidity man. How about you?

• Sorry to hear that,Man

please send all your virtual hugs. i need that today

• I actually love the warm and hot weather today here. It feels good. Also it is going to get again here lol back and forth to hot and cold one last time i guess. Well after next week. Because that weekend is weird. One day is cold and the other it is hot. Still can't wait for summer and going back to the pool

Warm, but humid. I hate humidity man. How about you?

• Now the new message indicators are back on this thread but gone on the Vent/Help thread.

• And just as soon as it was gone, it returned again. Floating back, like a turd in the wind.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Now the new message indicators are back on this thread but gone on the Vent/Help thread.

• After binging Lost which became my second favorite tv show, I feel.....lost in real life. I felt like I wished goodbye to a friend.

• I'm sorry to hear that happened. I hope your family will take the news well.

please send all your virtual hugs. i need that today

• Toys for Bob has been converted into a support studio for Call of Duty: Warzone

Activision has put Crash Bandicoot 4 developer Toys for Bob on Call of Duty: Warzone development duty.

A tweet from the official Toys for Bob Twitter account said the studio was "proud" to support development for Season 3 of Call of Duty Warzone, "and look forward to more to come."

However, California-based Toys for Bob appears to have suffered staff exits as part of this shift. Character designer and illustrator Nicholas Kole, who worked at Toys for Bob up to January on Crash Bandicoot 4 and, before that, the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, tweeted: "it's the end of an era, but I wish my former coworkers still with TFB all the best with what's ahead!"

Then: "everyone I interfaced with and worked along was let go, I'm very glad it's not a totally shuttering."

Game designer Blake Maloof is another former Toys for Bob developer who tweeted to say they had left the studio. "I left on my own terms," they said. "I had been needing a change anyways, so this just pushed my decision."

If you want to read the article, here's the link:
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-04-30-activision-puts-crash-bandicoot-4-dev-toys-for-bob-on-call-of-duty-warzone-development-duty

• Had all the actors together for the first time in person to do a script reading and it was great! Even got to practice some of the choreography. The actors were all great, really friendly and helped tighten up some stuff with their input. Filming will begin in less than a week so hopefully it all goes well.

• edited May 2021

Just found out that Dan Sartain the man who had one of his song in TWD S1 in 400 days (in Nate's car) died in March at 39 years old.

Some people set up a gofundme to help pay for a burial,service for his family and friends and a trust fund for his daughter.

Here's a link to Dan's song for those who want to listen to it again.

Brings back some great memories rip Dan.

• Never listened to his other music, but Walk Among The Cobras was a good song.

Looks like they disabled new donations to the fundraiser

May he rest in peace

iFoRias posted: »

Just found out that Dan Sartain the man who had one of his song in TWD S1 in 400 days (in Nate's car) died in March at 39 years old. Some

• Does dyspraxia mess with your coordination and stuff? It sounds like it'd be pretty frustrating to have. I'm glad you've found ways to improve it though.

You don't need to be a good drawer to be good at graphic design, actually. My course does have drawing classes, but from what I've heard, they're pretty new for this particular course because a lot of graphic designs don't know how to draw with paper and pencil.

Yeah, having a balance of caring about your study but not stressing yourself out over it sounds like a good mentality to have! Hopefully I will learn it too one day, haha.

"but I'm not out of the woods yet"
    Haha, pun intended? Seriously though, that's really admirable that you want to help others! And I agree that stuff to do with the mind is really fascinating! I'm sorry to hear that you're not out of the woods yet, but that's good that people have been there to support you!

"My interest in the course has died down a bit because of working from home, I'm still interested in psychology, I think a change of scenery would be welcomed. ..."

That sounds totally understandable. Being stuck at home can make everything feel kinda monotonous and stagnant.

"I'm thinking of trying out writing..."

Oh, that's so cool! Dude, I encourage you to create stories and write! You're already very articulate at expressing yourself through writing, and since you're creative as well, I think you'd be great at writing stories!

(Sorry this is super late. I kept starting my response to you then running out of time to finish it, haha. I've been pretty busy the passed few weeks. Also... I can't remember how to quote individual pieces of text from a message 😅 )

I wish I could do graphic design, but I'm not that great at drawing due to a condition I have called dyspraxia, it affects both my fine and

Sign in to comment in this discussion.