The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Heyyyyyy Chicken! Sorry for late response!

The beginning of the term started with tutorials for Adobe programs like Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, but now I've just been getting into my assignments. Right now I'm working on a zine (mini magazine), a hypothetical logo for a town, perspective drawing, and learning basic photography to better understand using Photoshop to manipulate images. And I'll be starting on creating a realistic, super detailed, super daunting vecter image in Illustrator this week!

That's so cool you're doing acting!!! I think I remember you talking about either being interested in it, or studying theatre or something before 🤔 Either way, that's really awesome to hear you're doing it now! It must be tough though with the pandemic and whatnot. Are you doing theatre/stage stuff or like filming stuff?

AChicken posted: »

Ahhhhh I missed this a bit, but AHHHH Hey PsychoKinesis!! Long time no see! Wow. Awesome to see you here. Hope that graphic design cour

• Right now I'm working on a zine (mini magazine), a hypothetical logo for a town, perspective drawing, and learning basic photography to better understand using Photoshop to manipulate images. And I'll be starting on creating a realistic, super detailed, super daunting vecter image in Illustrator this week!

That all sounds super cool! Good luck with it!

That's so cool you're doing acting!!! I think I remember you talking about either being interested in it, or studying theatre or something before 🤔

Yeah that's all true, but, ahhh... Funny you should mention that now... It didn't work out, as mentioned here :sweat_smile: :grimace:

It must be tough though with the pandemic and whatnot. Are you doing theatre/stage stuff or like filming stuff?

Yeah, it's pretty different and not at all what we went through in Year 1.
    This year was split 50/50 with most of our classes being online with the occasional large class/project needed to do online.
    I had just wrapped up a 3-hour performance for the end-of-semester project in Period Study (the period was 17th century theatre and the implications of slavery)

But, regardless of that, I hope to continue with acting in the future, either at a different program, or I might try to do it alone. I don't have a plan for that yet.

Heyyyyyy Chicken! Sorry for late response! The beginning of the term started with tutorials for Adobe programs like Illustrator, Photosho

• So theres some rumors going around from apparently a pretty reliable source saying a Borderlands spin-off is going to be announced soon, and it is "not a numbered series, and is something different."

Tales From The Borderlands 2 - By Gearbox sinking in

• May the Fourth be with you all!

I have to watch the new Bad Batch series soon. I'm just real busy lately, so I can't. Going to be tough to avoid spoilers but I'll try.

• Actually it's a mobile game called - Borderlands Runner - a cheap knock-off of Subway Surfer. I hope you are excited.

Poogers555 posted: »

So theres some rumors going around from apparently a pretty reliable source saying a Borderlands spin-off is going to be announced soon, and

• Please tell me thats true because I'd rather have a cheap knock-off Subway Surfer Borderlands game than knock-off TFTBL

Actually it's a mobile game called - Borderlands Runner - a cheap knock-off of Subway Surfer. I hope you are excited.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

It's not true.

Please tell me thats true because I'd rather have a cheap knock-off Subway Surfer Borderlands game than knock-off TFTBL

• damn

dojo32161 posted: »

It's not true.

• Yeah, I'll share a piece from a website for Dyspraxia to explain it:

Dyspraxia, also known as developmental co-ordination disorder, is a disability that affects movement and co-ordination. It is thought to be caused by a disruption in the way messages from the brain are transmitted to the body.
    Dyspraxia is characterised by difficulty in planning smooth, co-ordinated movements. This leads to:

clumsiness
    lack of co-ordination
    problems with language, perception and thought

So with school, my ability to write wasn't up to speed, I was very self-conscious about it as people would be waiting for me to catch up, and with learning, it took me a while to get into what the topic was, just when I started to grasp an idea, we moved onto a new topic, so I had to drop it and try and get up to speed with the new topic, with maths, I am decent at basic math and some forms of multiplication and division, but try talking to me about Pythagoras Theorem and I'll show you the door :joy:

I had a lot more to say on it about how it affects me in other areas, but it was very long and really got into things if you get what I mean?

Regarding graphic design it is a bit different here, but it could be that teachers were just strict on having distinguishable sheets of drawings for the sake of time and moving ahead with the curriculum, I only did it for a couple of months in secondary school before we were moved to our preferred classes.

And thanks, with writing I'd like to be able to tell a story to help others, as my experience with games has been that they've helped me through some seriously tough times, last year I hit a low, and The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series got me through it, especially The Walking Dead: The Final Season, despite the very in your face horrors and bleakness the games convey, I see that hope shines through for each of the games and acts as the dominant theme. The Series helped me through lows before, and last year, it did that job especially well, and I appreciate the work of the Devs for that, so I'd like to "repay" them by going forward and utilizing the format of a video game to write and tell a story that can lift up others.

And all good, I'm by no means an expert on using the Forums either, I still haven't the foggiest idea on stuff like changing text colour, uploading images and using markdown, as long as I can type a comment, I'm good for the most part.

Just wanted to say, I've read your comment in its entirety, there is some stuff I didn't address but I appreciate your kind-hearted comment and your well wishes, it really means so much to me :blush:

Does dyspraxia mess with your coordination and stuff? It sounds like it'd be pretty frustrating to have. I'm glad you've found ways to impro

• So Randy Pitchford basically said the Borderlands rumors about it being a spin off are not true, but instead they are working on "the big one" so I guess Borderlands 4.

• I thought 3 was supposed to be the big one.

So Randy Pitchford basically said the Borderlands rumors about it being a spin off are not true, but instead they are working on "the big one" so I guess Borderlands 4.

• Randy Pitchford:

I thought 3 was supposed to be the big one.

• Yeah kinda had the same thought, bit odd to say "the big one" after you just released the last one. Just Randy things I guess.

I thought 3 was supposed to be the big one.

• Me wanting to play Resident Evil 8 but I have to wake up early to finally start shooting the short film.

• It sucks but gotta do your assignments first.

lupinb0y posted: »

Me wanting to play Resident Evil 8 but I have to wake up early to finally start shooting the short film.

• game of thrones

• game of thrones

c4rbss posted: »

game of thrones

• game of thrones

TheFurryOne posted: »

game of thrones

• game of thrones

Cocoa2736 posted: »

game of thrones

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

God I want to be playing Judgment 2 right now.

• edited May 2021

'''

• edited May 2021

I laid in bed for three hours and slept for like 20 minutes total before I decided to just say fuck it and do an all nighter. So I started playing RE8 lol. Then I had a 30 minute nap before waking up again.

Gonna function on less than an hour of sleep for the rest of the day I guess. This'll be fun.

Good thing most of the filming today will be stationary.

• I... wat? I was mentioned here?

'''

• Shame on fumes

game of thrones

• edited May 2021

First day of filming went well! It was exhausting and by the end of it I wanted to pass out from sleep deprivation but overall it was fun.

Hopefully tomorrow goes just as well, minus the sleep deprivation.

• Damn, getting into watching some chill swinging videos of the Miles Morales game, and it is so good. The style, the playfulness of the swinging, really makes me want to get it.

But... I kinda want to wait until next winter, since it'll be fun to play a game relevant to the occasion.

• So, bit of an update to school stuff: I'm taking a chance and appealing the school's decision of withdrawal.

To be honest, after this week of thinking about it, I have mixed feelings about re-joining the program, but I've only got 10 business days to submit an appeal, so I figure if I don't do it now I'll never have had a chance to counter it. If I don't get back in, then fine, I'll figure something else out, if I do get in, then great! Lots of friends I'd be missing and there's lots of courses I was excited for and I hope to do well and get that shit done earlier.
    At the moment, I'm being re-enrolled for Semester 4, so I should be going back in on Monday if the coordinator sends me all the schedules and stuff I've missed out on till now.

I've also got a meeting with the Chair to discuss this issue on monday. Thankfully my therapist helped me through this this past week and gave me good points to go over as to how I could explain my case.

• Nothing to lose by trying, and maybe you can convince them you have plans to improve. Good luck!

AChicken posted: »

So, bit of an update to school stuff: I'm taking a chance and appealing the school's decision of withdrawal. To be honest, after this wee

• Tomorrow is our last day of filming so hopefully everything goes well. It might end up being the toughest as well since we'll be in an enclosed space and we'll have to set up our lighting and all that. Then after that we'll have to go through the grueling work of editing it all together lmao.

We were looking through scenes and found that in all the takes for one of the shots we could see me and the boom mic operator in the reflection of a window for like a couple seconds at one point lol. Luckily after a few hours we figured out how to key us out of the shot to the point that you can hardly notice it.

• edited May 2021

Call of The Sea is releasing tomorrow on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5

I bought the game at Christmas, at the time it was exclusive to Xbox. The graphics allured me, and what sealed the deal for me was the inclusion of Cissy Jones, but I never sat down and played it due to college, but since my last day of college was today, I've a lot more free time to get into it :smile:

• I've finally finished filming the thingy. Now just a few more days of PAIN and I'll be done.

• Hey. Hey hey hey. Hey.
    I got my first dose of the Covid vaccine today!! The Pfizer version.

• My pitch for a reboot of the Madagascar franchise would be for it to be a rated R film packed with edgy middle school humor and sex jokes where Mort is basically King Henry the 8th and they're trying to stop him from murdering his wives.

• edited May 2021

Twelve Minutes is going to be featured at the Tribeca Film Festival in their Tribeca Games Award category

Also, media previews have finally started. Gimme a Fall 2021 release date and I'll be set for the rest of the year.

Other games being featured in the category and at the festival are:

• Harold Halibut
    • Kena: Bridge of Spirits
    • NORCO
    • Sable
    • Signalis
      and

• The Big Con

• "Mass Effect director hopes Legendary Edition will change feelings about that infamous ending"

The article also mentions how Mass Effect 3's multiplayer might make a return in the future

https://www.cnet.com/news/mass-effect-director-hopes-legendary-edition-will-change-feelings-about-that-infamous-ending/

• Going in with an open mind could be good for your experience, I get that it may not have clicked with you about a decade or so ago, but having another go a decade later, may or may not change how you feel.

• edited May 2021

Good news about the Multiplayer it was truly amazing and fun.

I experienced the Extended Cut so i didn't have a problem with the endings but i doubt the ones who played the original endings will change their mind about it but maybe.

"Mass Effect director hopes Legendary Edition will change feelings about that infamous ending" The article also mentions how Mass Effect

• edited May 2021

Well, Eden looks like a pretty cool 3D anime. (This trailer removes some of the mystery of teasers from earlier though)
    The MC's dub voice is kinda... grating here, so I might watch the sub instead. But... I'm 90% sure the villain's voice is Neil Patrick Harris and that really makes me want to see the dub.

• A friend just gifted me the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition on Steam.

I've never really played the games before. I played like a bootleg copy of Mass Effect 1 YEARS ago for like 10 minutes but couldn't get into it. It'll be interesting to see what all the hype is about after all these years.

• I can't speak for everyone else but 2021 feels very empty in terms of game releases. All I can think of for now is Resident Evil Village which thankfully turned out awesome and should be a GOTY because it's not possible for God of War Ragnarok to come out.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.