The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Going after underage girls, especially when you are in late 20's or early 30's, is illegal. I cannot consider it a mistake.

DabigRG posted: »

Isn't that usually how that goes? You know, minus the cheating part.

• edited May 2021

That combination of sentences is kinda funny. I understand what you mean, but that's having to put a voice to text for ya.

But really, those situations tend to happen a fair bit and sometimes for good reason--underage generally means 17 or sometimes 16, where many people are pretty much grown up minus the high school diploma and birthday to make it official.

Anywho, I obviously don't know this guy and might not have ever watched a video of his before, but I feel like that's the cherry on top of a karma sandwich. Not only did he cheat on his girlfriend and got called on it, but the girl he did it with turns out to have been underaged[ at the time]--that's effectively a double tap for how he shouldn't have done the first part in the first place.

AronDracula posted: »

Going after underage girls, especially when you are in late 20's or early 30's, is illegal. I cannot consider it a mistake.

• It's actually a bit worse than that.

If memory serves, there were nearly 20 known alleged victims who came forward about Cry's behaviour. Some of who were underage when he began having "relationships" with them, with a number of them experiencing verbal/psychological abuse from him during their "chats." Some of them only began to turn sexual when they turned 18, but there were apparently cases of him going that route right from the get go. Many of these accusations actually had proof to back up their claim, however I know there was at least one person who faked a claim which was unfortunate. He also had an affair with his best friends at the time girlfriend, and supposedly several others, which was backed up by a number of his friends.

It certainly didn't help that when the first accusations began to rise, he joked about them on his Discord and seemed to be enjoying the attention. Well until more accusations came out, then he had a mental breakdown on stream then disappeared off the internet.

DabigRG posted: »

That combination of sentences is kinda funny. I understand what you mean, but that's having to put a voice to text for ya. But really, th

• Oh, well fuck him then.

Geez, fame really does turn people into corrupt serial abusers these days.

lupinb0y posted: »

It's actually a bit worse than that. If memory serves, there were nearly 20 known alleged victims who came forward about Cry's behaviour.

• every couple months i like to visit the forums just for the satisfaction of knowing it's still open. still satisfied.

hi forums! what have you guys been up to?

• Not much. Just playing Resident Evil Village. Love that game so much.

every couple months i like to visit the forums just for the satisfaction of knowing it's still open. still satisfied. hi forums! what have you guys been up to?

• me too dude, its definitely my favorite RE game right now for the rad chad dad ethan winters alone. im almost done with my village of shadows playthrough.

i also played through undertale, resIdent evil 0, and a bit of fallout 76 lately. been fun clearing out my backlog

Not much. Just playing Resident Evil Village. Love that game so much.

• I'm also about to finish VOS difficulty. I was about to do it without infinite ammo but I raged quit at the second lycan attack. Those enemies became bullet sponges. I died like 5 times to the first lycan attack and it took 20 bullets and 10 knife stabs to take it out. That was way too much.

me too dude, its definitely my favorite RE game right now for the rad chad dad ethan winters alone. im almost done with my village of shadow

• yeah i was a lil bit pissed on mine so i bought the infinite ammo on my shotgun. it has not helped very much. next playthrough i do is gonna be on casual let me tell you

I'm also about to finish VOS difficulty. I was about to do it without infinite ammo but I raged quit at the second lycan attack. Those enem

• edited May 2021

Thank you for making me aware of this website @ClemyClooAndBabyboo

Edit: Oops, wrong thread

• I caught this about a year ago.

I remember first watching Cry play facade many years ago. Then his telltale let’s plays and when he’d play horror games.

It really sucks what was revealed about him. You never really know anyone on the internet.

I was just roaming around youtube as usual, then a youtuber which I haven't visited in a long time came into my mind and that is Cryaotic. N

• you cant just randomly drop a release date like that, Bo omg

:astonished:

• edited May 2021

My parents had a fight yesterday and they almost considered a divorce. My step-father was shouting like a maniac throughout the whole house. Not sure why that happened though but all of the sudden, today they kind off got along a little bit, at least I think so. That almost affected my school work and I was afraid that I would fail another year again.

EDIT: Now they act like nothing happened last weekend. Parents can be weird sometimes.

• edited May 2021

Watching the PGA Championship on TV, this crowd at hole 18 is beautiful to see. It's great to see fans back in attendance. Congrats to Phil Mickelson on his win, oldest person ever to win one of golf's majors.

• It was real exciting to watch. So happy for Phil.

Watching the PGA Championship on TV, this crowd at hole 18 is beautiful to see. It's great to see fans back in attendance. Congrats to Phil Mickelson on his win, oldest person ever to win one of golf's majors.

• I really wanted to get tickets for it a couple months ago. While I’ve never played it, The Ocean Course is one of my favorite golf courses in the world, and since my parents live about an hour and a half away in Hilton Head, I tried to get tickets for Sunday. The problem, tickets for the event were actually more expensive than booking a tee time to play it (tix were about $350, a tee time is about $330 depending on the season).

I do intend to play it one day, but as for being there, perhaps another year. But I wish I could’ve been a part of that crowd surrounding the 18th green watching Phil win it all.

It was real exciting to watch. So happy for Phil.

• Hope you're doing okay. I know it's always awkward and a bit scary after the parents have a fight.
    I'm sure they'll work through this -- whatever it is.

My parents had a fight yesterday and they almost considered a divorce. My step-father was shouting like a maniac throughout the whole house.

• You can now book a June timeslot for any of the Tribeca Games demos, and yes this includes your very own 12-minute time slot for Twelve Minutes AHHHHH

https://tribecafilm.com/games#selections

AChicken posted: »

Twelve Minutes is going to be featured at the Tribeca Film Festival in their Tribeca Games Award category https://twitter.com/12minutesga

• I'm ok. I just hate how this happens randomly.

Hope you're doing okay. I know it's always awkward and a bit scary after the parents have a fight. I'm sure they'll work through this -- whatever it is.

• Ooo I'd never heard of Lost in Random. It looks really Tim Burton/Laika Studio-esque. The dice gameplay looks interesting.

You can now book a June timeslot for any of the Tribeca Games demos, and yes this includes your very own 12-minute time slot for Twelve Minutes AHHHHH https://tribecafilm.com/games#selections

• Telltale posted a bunch of new job related stuff recently, all involving 3D art (animator, character artist, environment.)

So this seems good, looks like Telltale is in a position to start really putting the game together as these are some pretty meaty positions. I doubt this really matters as I am sure they just want to have an animator who has a lot of knowledge, but for lead animator it mentions a focus on bi and quad pedal and animation (so humans and Bigby Wolf form), but does mention "winged and other fantastical creatures" so that's pretty cool, may possibly mean they have a character with wings planned to be in the game. I can only think of Bufkin off the top of my head for any Fables character with wings, so there may be a new Fable who's real form is a winged creature.

• decided to start worshipping zack snyder as a deity. no reason, just felt like it.

• I'm sorry.

decided to start worshipping zack snyder as a deity. no reason, just felt like it.

• edited May 2021

Sony will be holding a State of Play this Thursday, May 27th, with gameplay of Horizon Forbidden West being centrepiece to the event

• That's interesting. Dead By Daylight gets a Resident Evil update for the game. With Leon and Jill (The ironic two characters who never met each other in the franchise) as new survivors and Nemesis as the new killer. This will probably be the only time Silent Hill and Resident Evil got a crossover.

• edited May 2021

Valve is apparently developing a Switch-like console:

Video game and hardware studio Valve has been secretly building a Switch-like portable PC, designed to run a large number of games on the Steam PC platform via Linux—and it could launch, supply chain willing, by year's end.

Multiple sources familiar with the matter have confirmed that the hardware has been in development for some time, and this week, Valve itself pointed to the device by slipping new hardware-related code into the latest version of Steam, the company's popular PC gaming storefront and ecosystem.

On Tuesday, SteamDB operator Pavel Djundik spotted the change in Steam's code, which pointed to a new device named "SteamPal." The name is a derivative of a previously discovered code term, "Neptune," which began appearing in September of last year and came with a "Neptune Optimized Games" string. At the time, curious code crawlers thought this discovery referred to some type of controller.

Technically, that's true. The "SteamPal," whose name we're putting in scare quotes because we do not have final device-name confirmation, is an all-in-one PC with gamepad controls and a touchscreen. In other words, it looks and functions like a Nintendo Switch (albeit without removable "Joy-Con" controller functionality).

This device is very likely the subject of an announcement Valve co-founder Gabe Newell hinted to in a panel conversation at a New Zealand school earlier this month. There, he dodged a question about Valve's plans for future console video games with an indirect answer: "You will get a better idea of that by the end of this year... and it won't be the answer you expect. You'll say, 'Ah-ha! Now I get what he was talking about.'"

If you want to read into it more, feel free to follow the link below:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/05/exclusive-valve-is-making-a-switch-like-portable-gaming-pc/

• So "E3" is in like 2 weeks apparently

• you may think me a fool and a traitor, but zack snyder is an auteur and a genius i say. in this 4 hour video essay, i will--

lupinb0y posted: »

I'm sorry.

you may think me a fool and a traitor, but zack snyder is an auteur and a genius i say. in this 4 hour video essay, i will--

• edited May 2021

I finished Enderal: Forgotten Stories a few weeks back but haven't really had the time or brain capacity to talk about it. Gonna spoiler tag it to save space lol.

I just want to say that I cannot believe this game is free, because the writing is leaps and bounds better than anything that could be found in Skyrim. Look, I enjoy Skyrim very much, it's a game I've been going back to for hours on end for the better part of a decade now but the writing isn't exactly the most engaging thing about it. Enderal's equivalent of the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood storyline alone is better written than a majority of what can be found in Skyrim. The world of Enderal is dark and hopeless, where pretty much every corner of land has some gruesome tale to tell. It's surprisingly interesting to learn and explore the world. There are even some novella sized books that you can find and read in the game. The first book I picked up was like 40 pages in length.

The story follows your character known as the Prophet/Prophetess, as you try and uncover the truth behind a cataclysmic cycle of events known as The Cleansing that has devastated the world for thousands of year, and try to prevent it from happening again, with the help of some friends that you'll meet along the way. Throughout the story you'll meet a number of charismatic, yet tragically written characters that I grew to both love and hate, with some really well written romancible characters. For the most part the voice acting is actually quite good, with some really standout voicework from some of the main characters. However, there's also certainly some jarringly... not as good voice acting scattered throughout. The game also gives you choices that'll have an effect on these characters and the world around you, but don't expect anything too major. While the game is an RPG, you are still very much playing The Prophet, you are never really playing yourself. Aside from a few things, including the ending, the main story itself is pretty linear. Side quests however have more variety to them. Things can get very grey at times and it's not always the best idea to play the people pleaser.

While the writing and characters are top notch, the gameplay is its downfall. It's not bad, but it's pretty much Skyrim but with some more thought put into certain elements like magic and classes. The game can also be incredibly difficult, even on normal, which is why I cowarded out and switched the game to its easiest setting which is akin to Skyrim on normal lol. The game is also a bit harder to cheese than in Skyrim, at first anyway. Once you develop your skills and all that, you can pretty blow through enemies pretty quickly. The games... unique skill tree is also a bit confusing to work with at first but once you understand it, it's not so bad. It's just a bit weird, but pretty comparable to what you can find in Skyrim. The game can also get a bit buggy at times. I've had a couple crashes, there's some bad hit detection, I fell through the world a few times, there's some big empty sinkholes that will pop up in the water, characters will get stuck, etc. The usual stuff.

While Enderal may not be one of the best things I've ever played, it certainly is one of the best stories I've ever experienced in a game, with a dark and tragic narrative that culminates into a message of hope and perseverance against impossible odds that had me breaking down in tears by the end of my 70 hour playthrough.

Enderal is the fourth game in the series, with the previous three entries (Myar Aranath, Arktwend and Nehrim) being total conversion mods to Morrowind and Oblivion. The developers, SureAI, are reportedly working on an actual game, and if it ends up being another entry in this series then they'd have to mess up really bad for me to not get excited about it.

TLDR;
    Story very good. Gameplay okay. Would recommend to try.

• I finally got my first dose of the COVID shot like two days ago. I literally didn't even feel the guy put the needle in my arm at all. But the side effect were ass. At first, my arm got sore but that always happens to me. When I woke up the next day, I had like this really bad head ache and my arm was even more sore and I had the chills.

• I bought the Devil May Cry HD collection on sale. Not much of a hack-n-slash gamer myself but I am in a mood for another Capcom IP to check out after playing Resident Evil. Especially considering the fact that the franchise originated from one of the early prototypes for Resident Evil 4. I heard good things about the whole franchise, except for DMC2 and the controversial 2013 reboot.

• hehe duckzilla

(Neytiirix on twitter)

• Welp, June 20 is gonna be my Tribeca Games Day. Signed up for a few demos, seems fun! It's like dedicating a day to seeing whatever looks interesting at a Film Festival, but instead it's for video games!

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Seems Dragon Quest 12 was announced.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

...Apparently Mistborn is in Fortnite now? Did not expect them to choose a book character.

• edited May 2021

Finally, it's been revealed: Dying Light 2 is coming out on December 7th!

There's 3 base editions (Standard, Gold, Ultimate), plus a Collector's Edition. They're planning on adding 2 story DLCs to it.
    It's a cross-gen game, too, which is great news.

• Finally. I hope they do not pull a Cyberpunk 2077 with the old gen consoles.

Finally, it's been revealed: Dying Light 2 is coming out on December 7th! There's 3 base editions (Standard, Gold, Ultimate), plus a

• Yay! I had so much fun traversing through Harran and the Countryside in Dying Light, the modern Dark Age idea they are going for looks nice based in the trailers and gameplay that have been shown thus far. I've yet to see what the new gameplay trailer looks like, but I haven't a doubt it's fleshed out and it's a game that I'll be dying to pick up when it releases!

Finally, it's been revealed: Dying Light 2 is coming out on December 7th! There's 3 base editions (Standard, Gold, Ultimate), plus a

• In what way? Like a severe downgrade? I think it'll run nicely, I could be wrong, but I think Cyberpunk has really driven a fear into publishers of making sure a product is operable before launch.

I'm on the Xbox One X so chances are it should run smoothly for me and look gorgeous, but I'm hoping to make the leap to the Xbox Series X before the end of the year, then it'll definitely look good

Finally. I hope they do not pull a Cyberpunk 2077 with the old gen consoles.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.