The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• the new game from the Dead Space creator (Forgot what it was called).

The Castillo Project. Oh yeah I remember that. I think that is something I am definitely getting. Cause it is being made from the Dead Space game creator. That is fuckin awesome.

Still i think I am going to look forward to the next mass effect. Although I am getting that game

AronDracula posted: »

Yeah, I don't have anything to look forward to, except for Elden Ring, Dying Light 2, maybe Resident Evil 4 Remake and the new game from the Dead Space creator (Forgot what it was called).

• I doubt Wolf 2 will be at E3. Telltale kinda said earlier on Twitter not to expect them at E3 a few weeks ago I think, so I doubt that has changed. Honestly I dont think we will even get an update on Wolf 2 this year, if we do it will probs be in December and overall very minor.

Would be cool if they showed off something really small at E3 though (like a new Bigby render), but I doubt they would do that even if they have the new official Bigby look at this point in time, as that tiny teaser would make people think more news would be coming really soon, which lets be real its gonna be a long time.

(inb4 Wolf 2 releases October 2023 just so it can be exactly 10 years)

strwar3 posted: »

So It looks like E3 is coming up soon in a few days. I think first,it is EA over the Battlefield 6 teaser and hopefully (dear God pls let th

• Poogers555 posted: »

I doubt Wolf 2 will be at E3. Telltale kinda said earlier on Twitter not to expect them at E3 a few weeks ago I think, so I doubt that has c

• edited June 2021

I'm most excited for Halo Infinite, the gameplay demo last year looked alright in some areas, but very rough in others, (textures popping, the infamous Craig meme), and to think it was originally going to launch in November 2020...

They committed to providing monthly updates on different aspects of development that was called "Inside Infinite" and the game does look much better, albeit they were still images. They were due to release an Inside Infinite at the end of May but they cancelled as they intend to show off stuff for E3.

I have a gut feeling they'll launch it on November 15th, as that is when Halo: Combat Evolved launched, and Halo Infinite was developed with the full intent of bringing Halo back to its beloved roots, it would be very poetic and would be coming full circle.

There are rumours of Starfield getting a tease at the Bethesda/Xbox conference, presumably a look at the next Forza game, Psychonauts 2, maybe a glimpse at S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2?

I doubt Telltale will be at E3, they'll probably have stuff to share before the end of the year, like in October-November, but E3 seems way too early for anything from them.

I am on the fence on whether or not to tune into the Square Enix Presents on June 13th, on the one hand, I'd like to get the extended look at Life Is Strange: True Colors, but I'd like to go into it blind, so it'll depend on how I feel on the day.

So It looks like E3 is coming up soon in a few days. I think first,it is EA over the Battlefield 6 teaser and hopefully (dear God pls let th

• I'm most excited for Halo Infinite, the gameplay demo last year looked alright in some areas, but very rough in others, (textures popping, the infamous Craig meme), and to think it was originally going to launch in November 2020...

I'm still worried if they are really going to use the color shaders that you have to pay real money for just to color your spartan, similar to what Destiny uses which no one likes.

I'm most excited for Halo Infinite, the gameplay demo last year looked alright in some areas, but very rough in others, (textures popping, t

• If it's purely cosmetic then I'm not all that flustered, but I'd be pleased if they introduced an alternate route to obtain said shaders through playing the game.

In general I don't care for microtransactions if they're purely cosmetic, they don't give an edge in gameplay, but are just aesthetically pleasing.

I'd like if they went with the current system that exists in Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you earn currency through seasonal events, buy gear and other colour variables through it, and hey presto, that's my personal preference.

Menofthe214 posted: »

I'm most excited for Halo Infinite, the gameplay demo last year looked alright in some areas, but very rough in others, (textures popping, t

• I'd like if they went with the current system that exists in Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you earn currency through seasonal events, buy gear and other colour variables through it, and hey presto, that's my personal preference.

Huh, I haven't played Halo:MCC in a long time. I didn't know there was a currency system.

If it's purely cosmetic then I'm not all that flustered, but I'd be pleased if they introduced an alternate route to obtain said shaders thr

• Yeah they brought it in last year I believe? Though this Season, Season 6, they've changed how to obtain items and have a unique armour set or piece of armour as being centre of the Season. This Season they've brought in new gear for Halo 3, which looks very good.

They're currently flighting Season 7, and one of the biggest features of the upcoming Season is fixing the classic graphics for Halo: Combat Evolved. For the release of The Master Chief Collection, they used the Xbox 360 Anniversary port, which was based off the Gearbox 2003 PC port that had several problems rather than use the 2001 Xbox version of the game.

I'd love to see them touch up Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST's graphics, both are still pretty games but compare them to the Remastered version of Combat Evolved and Halo 2: Anniversary, they're lagging behind. I've yet to play Halo 4 but I suspect it's stunning visually.

To be brief about the currency system, it's purely based on gameplay, as far as I can tell there's no way to purchase the currency.

Menofthe214 posted: »

I'd like if they went with the current system that exists in Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you earn currency through seasonal events, b

• It aint gonna be Wolf

• edited June 2021

Tales From the Borderlands 2 rises from the dead, with its mangled, money-stuffed limbs, clawing at the potential to make Gearbox money.

Poogers555 posted: »

It aint gonna be Wolf

• Gosh I sure hope they don't re-cast Fiona! Surely Gearbox understands how strong of a voice cast the Tales characters had and would love to bring them into the greater world in a respectful way!

AChicken posted: »

Tales From the Borderlands 2 rises from the dead, with its mangled, money-stuffed limbs, clawing at the potential to make Gearbox money.

• I was surfing YouTube and found a video talking about an unofficial Pokemon magazine, named Pokemon World, created by fans of the series and I had this weird emotional reaction to it because I actually owned a couple copies of it when I was a kid (early-mid 2000's) and I remember loving it a lot.

Each issue was packed with content like tips and info about the games, fan art, Q and A's with letters from fans just talking about the games and the series, theories about what the next game would have, and a design your own Pokemon contest. It was made with so much love and care and even as a dumb kid you could tell the people who worked on it were really passionate about Pokemon and the community.

I dunno it just made me feel old lmao.

• Raya and the Last Dragon is now free on Disney plus.

Also the new Disney short 'Us Again' is free too. I think released alongside Raya in theatres, and maybe with the premiere access, but idk.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Amphibia season 2 was also added.

Raya and the Last Dragon is now free on Disney plus. Also the new Disney short 'Us Again' is free too. I think released alongside Raya in theatres, and maybe with the premiere access, but idk.

• edited June 2021

What the hell is happening with those youtube gamers who were popular around 2012-2015? They used to create entertaining content and all of the sudden, they turn into creeps, thus ruining their own careers.

• Well, looks like my boss is going to go to space. That’s, certainly not news I thought I was going to hear.

• What the hell is happening with those youtube gamers who were popular around 2012-2015?

Which ones? The only YouTube gamer o watched during 2012-2015 was PewDiePie or some random gaming channel i watched time to time

What the hell is happening with those youtube gamers who were popular around 2012-2015? They used to create entertaining content and all of the sudden, they turn into creeps, thus ruining their own careers.

• edited June 2021

Cryaotic, Raedwulfgamer and Mini ladd from what I've heard so far. Raedwulfgamer's case is the WORST.

What the hell is happening with those youtube gamers who were popular around 2012-2015? Which ones? The only YouTube gamer o watched during 2012-2015 was PewDiePie or some random gaming channel i watched time to time

• Cryaotic

Wow i used to watch that guy's game walkthroughs. What happened? Is their video about it on YouTube?

I will go check it out and find out about it. Still wow that is insane.

Cryaotic, Raedwulfgamer and Mini ladd from what I've heard so far. Raedwulfgamer's case is the WORST.

• Groomed numerous minors (who were also fans), while also cheating on his girlfriend at the same time.

Admits to it in the last video uploaded on his channel:

Cryaotic Wow i used to watch that guy's game walkthroughs. What happened? Is their video about it on YouTube? I will go check it out and find out about it. Still wow that is insane.

• edited June 2021

When youre trying to draw something and it just won't. fucking. look. correct. please. god. why. won't. you. work.

• finished death note. cowboy bebop time babey. how's everyone doin this week

• i'll be honest man, i think it's less a case of them turning into creeps all of the sudden and more like they were always creeps and having a fanbase of thousands of young girls has allowed them to enact that creepiness without consequence. i think it's a very big possibility that much like cry and projared, we're going to see the same information come out about people like markiplier, theradbrad, pbg, etc. and it's going to continue to happen with this new generation of gamer youtubers. you already see it with people like dream and callmecarson.

the best thing we can do is draw a clear line between fandom and obsession, and not allow stan culture to cloud our view of human beings, who are inherently flawed and fallible. it's the same with the obsession of people like jon faverau or keanu reeves, yes it's all well and good to like them and appreciate their work, but if you put them on a pedestal, they'll likely not only start to and continue to hurt people, but it'll be harder to bust them on it because we've build a shield around them. case and point: bill cosby.

• edited June 2021

So, we're getting the reveal of Gearbox/2K's next project later today in the Summer Games Fest livestream.
    I pray they stay the hell away from Tales.

https://www.twitch.tv/thegameawards

• So there's 2 major sides to the ProJared controversy.
    1. Claims that he was exchanging nudes with fans on tumblr and snapchat.
    He did do this, while making clear that it was for consenting adults only. Is there a weird power imbalance there? Yup, but the choice was with the fans and they did not get anything from him except reciprocation with his own nudes. I disagree that what he did was predatory.
    2. Two of these participating fans were underage at the time and allegedly ProJared was aware of this.

One of them alleges that he stated his age at the beginning of their correspondence (they had no evidence of ever interacting with the youtuber). This entire story is said to be a fabrication by ProJared, and in this situation it's just his word against the accuser, therefore there is zero conclusions to be drawn from here. Though if you want to look for it there is even more information to be found that can lead you to believe that the accuser's testimony is unreliable.

The other person had photos of their chats on tumblr, but they only posted sections of it that fit their agenda. They
    made very similar accusations, and alleged that ProJared never asked for their age. Obviously the youtuber had access to a conversation that he participated in, and as it turns out he did ask for their age, and the accuser had lied. Fake accusation.

Then there's the whole alleged affair thing though that's like, not at all anyone's business.

i'll be honest man, i think it's less a case of them turning into creeps all of the sudden and more like they were always creeps and having

• E3 is still happening this year, in case anyone forgot.

Gearbox has an event going on the 12th.

• I think the Xbox Conference is the one I am looking forward too. I guess i have to wait next month for EA play. I hope EA play gives us some Mass Effect 4 news. I hope they gives us some news about it.

E3 is still happening this year, in case anyone forgot. Gearbox has an event going on the 12th.

• edited June 2021

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands will release in Early 2022

Elden Ring will also release on January 21st, 2022

Here's some screenshots for Elden Ring:

George RR Martin was involved in the development of Elden Ring, particularly in the world building. It's a game I've not followed too closely, but journalists and outlets I follow seemingly never stop chatting about it so my interest increased, and I like what I saw, I'd like to pick it up when it launches

• Okay, why is The Owl House fandom going nuts? What the hell could possibly happen in two fucking episodes that's gotten them this worked up?

(checks YouTube)

Ooooooooooookay, now I get it.

• edited June 2021

Control is currently free to keep on the Epic Game Store for a limited time so if you're interested in the game go get it because the game's great and I want a sequel dammit

• Yes, this is real, my friend. I cannot wait for this game to suck the next weeks of my life.

• A gameplay overview for Evil Dead: The Game was uploaded to YouTube, and it is narrated by Bruce Campbell:

• So theres going to be a Fables and Batman cross over

• No freakin way!! Pretty neat.

(Batman is currently doing a crossover comic with Fortnite. DC must be really hungry for other fandoms' money.)

So theres going to be a Fables and Batman cross over

• So this is the thing now huh? Batman vs. whatever the hell we can come up with. Batman vs. Superman. Batman vs. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Batman vs. Bigby.

Next year it's going to be Batman vs. The Teletubbies, and then Batman vs. The IRS, Batman vs. The DOOM Slayer...actually that one sounds fucking awesome.

So theres going to be a Fables and Batman cross over

• edited June 2021

Also more Fables news for those interested, Fables is getting a continuation with Fables #151, which'll be the start of a 12 issue series (so going to Fables 162) which will apparently be set after #150 and will seemingly focus on older characters like Bigby and Snow and other new characters.

Unsure how I feel about the continuation as Fables as a series fell apart pretty early on, and the finale was pretty dull. So maybe this can be a good chance to correct some wrongs, but I kinda doubt it. Also I feel this is mostly happening because Wolf 2 is in the works, which is actually a pretty good sign as I think this means it is very likely Wolf 2 will get some real news in 2022 as I am assuming DC knows that when Wolf 2 comes out/is being advertised, new interest in the Fables comics will tick upwards again, really dont think its a coincidence that Fables ended in 2015, had an attempted revival later but DC canned it, and now its getting back into full swing now that Wolf 2 is a thing.

• edited June 2021

I'll never be able to own a PC that can run it, but screw it, it's free and I want my Alan Wake 2!

lupinb0y posted: »

Control is currently free to keep on the Epic Game Store for a limited time so if you're interested in the game go get it because the game's great and I want a sequel dammit

• batman vs the IRS... that one actually sounds quite appropriate

• They fuckin' released a full version of Brie Larson's amazing cover of Black Sheep from the Scott Pilgrim movie.

Time to blast this on repeat until the end of time.

• edited June 2021

The closest thing you'll get are those comicbooks of Batman fighting a Predator in the 90's. Or that time he fought a Xenomorph. Or that time he went toe to toe with Elmer Fudd.

So this is the thing now huh? Batman vs. whatever the hell we can come up with. Batman vs. Superman. Batman vs. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Tur

Sign in to comment in this discussion.