The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Yeah Thief 2014 is pretty not good, never got that far because it was simply not any fun. (And yes, ironically Dishonored was inspired by Thief, so Thief came back swinging and missing extra hard lmao)

Trying my hand at Thief (2014). I'm saying "trying" because, honestly, it just kind of feels like a poor man's Dishonored. Which feels kind

• Con I get an Outkost allbum now?

AChicken posted: »

I'm gonna say it: Shuba Duck is this year's second best meme so far behind Think, Mark. (Spoiler)

• Shit what do you have to do in order to make a girl be intrested in you?

• Mass Effect 2 is amazing, and contains one of gaming's greatest missions. Your choices will definitely matter, and I highly advise you pay attention to the characters' strengths and weaknesses. For example, notice how Zaeed's stories always turn out. That's a hint for something. And the loyalty missions are so good! Really fun. Do all of them! Characters are great - Mordin, the Illusive Man, and even some side characters (did you save Shiala on Feros? Please tell me you did).

I actually brought the ME legendary edition and to this day. I am happy i did. So far i think graphics are really amazing. I can tell the difference between the old game of Mass effect to the new one right now. I had to look at a IGN video comparison of each game. It looks beautiful and amazing. I look forward to playing Mass effect 2 on this after i do femshep. I did my male shep first. Almost done anyway.

Were you playing the Legendary Edition? I love Mass Effect. Virmire is awesome - Saren and Sovereign are equally awesome. The writing is

• Yep I did.

Same here too. I liked her character

lupinb0y posted: »

Yep, a friend sent it to me as a gift so I've been playing it. I'm still pretty early into it but really like most of the new characters

• Glad you are enjoying it. It seems that 2021 paid us off with better game releases than 2020.

strwar3 posted: »

Mass Effect 2 is amazing, and contains one of gaming's greatest missions. Your choices will definitely matter, and I highly advise you pay a

• Yup so how's Resident Evil 8 doing so far? Good or Bad? Cause i heard from YouTuber reviews say that the game is good,but,as some lost potential within the game not to mention choice. Which,one of the YouTuber reviews with other ppl in a podcast.

AronDracula posted: »

Glad you are enjoying it. It seems that 2021 paid us off with better game releases than 2020.

• The game is fucking awesome. Some of those reviews don't make any sense. RE8 is a huge improvement over RE7, gameplay wise. It does feel more action-y but it's not fast-paced.

Anyway, I'm currently replaying this game for platinum. I lost count of how many times I finished the main story. Not to mention, it runs so well on PS4 (Looking at you, Cyberpunk 2077). It does have a few unloaded textures and some frame drops but I'm so happy that I don't have to wait for a PS5 for it. I'm still frustrated by the fact that I cannot play Demon's Souls remake.

Yup so how's Resident Evil 8 doing so far? Good or Bad? Cause i heard from YouTuber reviews say that the game is good,but,as some lost potential within the game not to mention choice. Which,one of the YouTuber reviews with other ppl in a podcast.

• Be interesting.

Shit what do you have to do in order to make a girl be intrested in you?

• edited June 2021

Did anyone else get a "503 server temporarily unavailable" screen when logging into the Forums? It happened to me an hour ago.

• DontNod's Tell Me Why is free for the month of June as it is Pride Month:

https://www.polygon.com/22463243/tell-me-why-free-pride-dontnod-xbox-game-studios

Also, Happy Pride Month people! :heart:

• edited June 2021

How? Thats the question, they're very complicated and sometimes really amaze you! :#

WarpSpeed posted: »

Be interesting.

• Damn,i was gonna post it but i was too busy changing my pfp,been a while since i've used Gravatar anyway Happy Pride Month everyone.

It's actually pretty cool of them to give the entire game for free,i definitely recommend it there's only 3 episodes but it's a pretty chill and well written game.

DontNod's Tell Me Why is free for the month of June as it is Pride Month: https://www.polygon.com/22463243/tell-me-why-free-pride-dontnod-xbox-game-studios Also, Happy Pride Month people!

• Looks awesome!

I bought Tell Me Why during Christmas sales, I never got around to playing it as I was busy with college and prioritized Halo: The Master Chief Collection, but if all goes well this month I may get into playing it.

I like the premise though, and DontNod have a good record in handling LGBTQIA+ characters so I trust them with Tell Me Why.

iFoRias posted: »

Damn,i was gonna post it but i was too busy changing my pfp,been a while since i've used Gravatar anyway Happy Pride Month everyone. It's

• Billions of pages have been written on the topic of finding love, but it all really just summarizes down to that "Be interesting" line.

One possible route:

1. Realize girls are people, too.
    2. Make it clear what you like, and look for girls with compatible likes.
    3. Have a discussion, and if it seems right, say you'd like to take her out and talk some more.
    4. If it doesn't work, don't be sad or mad at yourself. Some people have other priorities or just don't feel ready. Try again with someone else. Preferably not 30 seconds afterward, though.

If you don't like the process above, just stick with the "Be interesting" part, and eventually they start coming after you! Especially if you bring cookies.

How? Thats the question, they're very complicated and sometimes really amaze you!

• edited June 2021

I finished Mass Effect 2. It's pretty darn great. The story's really interesting, I really like the new characters, aside from Jacob and Zaeed, they gave the Normandy crew members personalities to get attached to, the gunplay just feels good, and the romance in general is significantly better written. Overall it's a big improvement over the first game! It's a nice leap in quality. The final hour had my heartrate spiking, and I'm 98% sure that it wasn't just my cholesterol.

I just finished Mass Effect 2 and it's pretty darn great. It feels like a big leap in quality from the previous game which I already thought was pretty good.

Aside from Jacob and Zaeed which I felt were pretty bland all the way through, I really enjoyed the new characters. A lot of them are surprisingly layered and their development over the course of the game was interesting and fun to watch. Mordin is probably my favourite of the bunch and I'm surprised at how much I ended up liking Jack who has a lot more going on than I initially expected. I like that they gave a few of the Normandy crew members personalities, it's a relatively small but genius move on Bioware's part. The romance in general is also significantly better written than whatever was going on in the first game. No awkward love triangle and you actually have to spend time talking and helping them before anything can spark up. The gameplay overall just feels good, especially the gun play. Finally, the final hour of the game had my heartrate spiking and I'm 95% sure that it wasn't just my cholesterol acting up.

In terms of criticism, I will say that the facial animation does look pretty jank in a lot of places with Shepard's weird dead stare and Miranda's neverending smile. There's a number of times where you can feel the writers fetishes leaking out from the game, especially when it comes to anything Asari lmao.

[Spoiler for one of the loyalty missions] Like, come on man;

Asari's have to mate with other species because if not, there's a chance that the offspring could end up being a sex vampire that kills you mid-coitus with the greatest orgasm of your life that gives you a brain hemorrhage. How fuckin' horny do you have to be to write this.

Also a lot of the female outfits sure are skin tight or really revealing, like what the fuck is Jack wearing. However, these are relatively small gripes I have. I don't have any big issues with the rest of the writing or story as of right now.

Overall the game's great and is a surprisingly big improvement from the first game. I'm looking forward to finishing off the trilogy, then maybe picking up Andromeda, unless I'm told otherwise lol.

Some spoilery notes

• Legion's a really interesting character, especially with them literally wearing a piece of Shepards armour. Almost like they're imitating him. Either that or they're slowly becoming their own "person". Either way, it's wild to have a Geth as a friend after mowing hundreds of them down in the first game.
    • Why'd they make Samara so absurdly attractive. Like, it's not even the outfit, but her face and eyes are so weirdly alluring.
    • I actually accidentally got all the Normandy crew members killed the first time around lol, but I did manage to save all of the suicide squad. I felt bad about it and having an empty ship felt really eerie so I went back in time to save them too.
  • Oh thanks man! Really appreciate the help. Hope it'll work for the best :)

WarpSpeed posted: »

Billions of pages have been written on the topic of finding love, but it all really just summarizes down to that "Be interesting" line. O

• edited June 2021

God of War: Ragnarök's release window has been pushed to 2022

Also, it is confirmed in a PlayStation blog post that God of War: Ragnarök will be a cross-platform title, meaning it'll be available on the PlayStation 4 as well as the PlayStation 5.

Sony also have around 25 titles in active development, and about half of those are new IP, so good news for you PlayStation players :smile:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/06/02/hermen-hulst-qa-whats-next-for-playstation-studios/#sf246401757

I'm not in the PlayStation ecosystem, but I know how much this game means to people so I thought it would be important to share the news, I hope that all of you enjoy it once it releases.

• ta daaa

happy pride month

I don't really know who I am, but I'm pretty sure I'm not straight. So I made this for the occasion.

• Happy Pride Month :smile: I wish you luck in your journey to self-discovery, you're still cool to me regardless of who you are.

ta daaa happy pride month I don't really know who I am, but I'm pretty sure I'm not straight. So I made this for the occasion.

• Samara is funny, because she's this justiciar dedicated to morals but like has the most revealing outfit in the game. Still, her face is what I would call "classically beautiful." Interesting how that works out. Jack lol, yes. Fun fact you can kill Zaeed in his loyalty mission if you do it after the Suicide Mission. You can kill a lot of people in the suicide mission by giving them jobs they aren't suited for, and it can be pretty funny. Mordin is the very model of a scientist salarian.

Also, yes, asari...

I finished Mass Effect 2. It's pretty darn great. The story's really interesting, I really like the new characters, aside from Jacob and Zae

• Man I sure hope ME3 is less horny because that is terrible lmao. Funny, but terrible.

Samara is funny, because she's this justiciar dedicated to morals but like has the most revealing outfit in the game. Still, her face is wha

• I think it's fine as long as it doesn't just appeal to horny dudes,ME3 does a better job with all this because you also have M/M and F/F romances,and they're pretty well written but overall that's just how these games are even Dragon Age.

Man I sure hope ME3 is less horny because that is terrible lmao. Funny, but terrible.

• Fun fact you can kill Zaeed in his loyalty mission if you do it after the Suicide Mission

I think you can do that even before the Suicide Mission,you just need to save the civilians and not save him.

Samara is funny, because she's this justiciar dedicated to morals but like has the most revealing outfit in the game. Still, her face is wha

• Yeah that's true. If you're gonna make it horny, don't just make it horny for one side of the audience. Make it horny all around.

iFoRias posted: »

I think it's fine as long as it doesn't just appeal to horny dudes,ME3 does a better job with all this because you also have M/M and F/F romances,and they're pretty well written but overall that's just how these games are even Dragon Age.

• edited June 2021

Anyone else remember Cyberpunk 2077? You know, the game everyone wouldn't stop talking about for 4 years and thought it would change the gaming industry forever?

Yeah, me neither. This game has been forgotten ever since it launched. And CD Project lost a lot of money because of it. I think this game is beyond redemption and will not meet the great standards of the open world games that came before it. I could be wrong, of course but it seems too late for that in my point of view.

• I think it definitely has changed the industry forever, just not how it was intended. The case of Cyberpunk once again showed how prevalent crunch was in today's industry, and showed us all once more that the flawed mentality of crunch being for the greater good of the game is sheer nonsense.

I've got more to say, but I'll spoiler tag it so it doesn't cover the entire page.

I feel for the team all round, but QA I'm sure have taken the brunt of the backlash, but it's not their fault, as they're simply required to highlight the bugs.

The response from some consumers has been extremely toxic, I get their frustration, people pay money for a game that operates, but it's next level lunacy to insult the ability of the devs who put the game together, call them lazy, or send them death threats. Hell, a cyber attack in response to the state of the game locked devs out of their computers, so it just delayed weeks of work that could've went into patches.

Now people can criticize, the whole point of criticism though at its core is to be constructive, but that's not what happened with some people, instead, they just decided to abuse, harass and send death threats, over a game. People can be unhappy, but it's hardly noble or justifiable to behave like that in response to conditions people hardly know of that are the cause of the problem, it's never alright.

Anyone else remember Cyberpunk 2077? You know, the game everyone wouldn't stop talking about for 4 years and thought it would change the gaming industry forever? (Spoiler)

• edited June 2021

I can totally understand that the criticism they received wasn't constructive and people were too toxic about the final product. But CD knew what they were doing. They are the ones who said the game will be like the true next generation of the open world genre. Hell, they even said it will be as refined as Red Dead Redemption 2. For what is worth, they announced the release date of the game at E3 2019 and the game wasn't even 50% finished. They have been saying multiple times that game will come out when it's ready and what we got was not what I would call "Ready". Even if the game was playable on all platforms, the game would still be overhyped because it lacked what was promised for the game and it would still not be in the same category with GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Horizon Zero Dawn, Skyrim, Bully and more.

Now I'm not saying I'm 100% on the audience side and I'm sure it's not every CD dev's fault for how Cyberpunk turned out. I think the directors of game or whoever caused the crunch deserve the criticism. If they can't keep a promise, then they shouldn't have made promises to begin with. I can already tell Todd Howard is laughing his ass off at this whole situation.

I'm replaying GTA 4 which came out in 2008, and I still feel immersed in its world and characters. Cyberpunk shouldn't have been an even worse game than Driver which came out on the original Playstation.

I think it definitely has changed the industry forever, just not how it was intended. The case of Cyberpunk once again showed how prevalent

• edited June 2021

I started Mass Effect 3 (only an hour in or so) and I can't believe how much better the gun play is, and Shepard can actually run good now! I'm proud of my boy, he should have shared his secret with Joker. Shooting feels surprisingly satisfying. However, I will say that the cover system is a bit frustrating to work with, at the moment at least, because of how quick Shepard moves now. I'm probably just not used to the updated controls.

Also only an hour in and I can already see the writers barely disguised fetish with that robot lady lmao.

• edited June 2021

That's some good stuff right there!

It's cool that you're comfortable enough to share that about yourself!

ta daaa happy pride month I don't really know who I am, but I'm pretty sure I'm not straight. So I made this for the occasion.

• NOTE: I got carried away typing this, I feel very strongly on the topic of crunch, well-being of Devs etc. so I just typed and typed, I'll spoiler tag it so it's not an eyesore for everyone :joy:

Oh yeah higher levelled management was definitely poor, that is something I forgot to mention in my comment, but I wholeheartedly agree, it was that poor, so much so that the Dev Team wasn't even aware of what was going on a lot of the time, they'd hear news of delays and such only when the news went public, that's how bad it was.

Another nail in the coffin was the amount of time between announcement and launch, it was announced nearly a decade ago right? In 2013 or so? It may have been sooner, but in that span, expectations skyrocketed, the mind imagines these grandiose styles of gameplay that click with us, and in turn sets up our expectations, and with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, expectations skyrocketed further. We inevitably set ourselves up to be disappointed as fans.

They did hype up the game, but that is business, nobody is going to market their product as "fairly average but you could find enjoyment there", they're going to be like "This game is revolutionary, and excels in several departments, you must play this", it's smart, it stimulates us, it encourages us to buy, but it is manipulative, as we are going to think about what it'll be like, and set expectations that may be unrealistic.

On the Dev side, I'm out of my league, but it's a matter of balancing ambition I think, everyone wants to make a GOTY, and with the reception of The Witcher 3, having the next game be bigger and better, and wanting to make something that would inscribe the names of the developers in gaming history, it's a natural reaction I think but keeping the feet on the ground and giving the engineers, artists and writing team more time to work their magic is the winning recipe that seems like common sense, but the industry doesn't see it until a flop in sales, or a major Schreier-esque exposé comes out to show the horror show behind the scenes.

I agree with your statement of whoever causing the crunch deserving the criticism, their top priority should be the health of their staff, open communication, providing good support channels, the list goes on, and that wasn't adhered to sadly.

It may seem like blind optimism, but I think with the stories we've got from the past decade, from Telltale Games, to Rockstar Games, CD PROJEKT RED, the possibility of reform in the industry so it isn't so cutthroat is greater. The human cost has been exposed, the stifling of the creative process in several studios has been exposed, and the negative PR will inevitably in my eyes cause much needed change.

For us players though, I think it comes down to us to educate ourselves on the industry further, know where to direct our criticism, because I feel there's too much unnecessary flak thrown at actual devs, like I remember when Old Telltale writers used to be targets because their writing style didn't click with people, but the creatives are professionals in their craft, what should be done is for management to provide appropriate facilities so that the professionals can do their work, and for players to be constructive, because calling writers that work 90+ hour weeks lazy isn't the way for us, it reinforces the current stigma of video game players, it's unsubstantial feedback that is vague, insulting and needless.

The way I see it, there's little benefit in destructive criticism, because it just tears down, constructive criticism builds a foundation of confidence for people to work and improve on, some people can have a "I'll prove them wrong" attitude with destructive criticism, some people may require a push to work, but not a punch.

I'll try wrap this up but I think as unpopular as it is, they should scrap last-gen versions, give refunds, or provide compensation in the form of a copy for the current generation of consoles (Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5), I this isn't a No Man's Sky situation, the game was advertised as being a next-generation experience in its style of game. Will that anger last-gen owners? Yes, it's a lose-lose situation, but it's either work on a version for the superior tech exclusively, and minimize further crunch, or try and work on a port for inferior tech that the game just isn't capable of running on efficiently.

I can totally understand that the criticism they received wasn't constructive and people were too toxic about the final product. But CD knew

• So It looks like E3 is coming up soon in a few days. I think first,it is EA over the Battlefield 6 teaser and hopefully (dear God pls let there be a Mass Effect 4 news. I am not talking about ME Andromeda cause i don't think that is canon in the mass effect community. Like that game is by farrrr the most stupidest and most difficult game to get into. It doesn't feel like Mass Effect. I am sorry,it just doesn't).

Then Xbox next day after. Halo Infinite gameplay (probably better than the one we got last year and better graphics and release date this year) don't know what else i think in the Xbox conference. Also probably some surprises. Like i can't think of any so far.

Also don't know if Telltale games will be there this week. Hopefully i am wrong and this will age very well on the hope Telltale game like Batman S3 or The Wolf Among Us S2(pls dear gaming gods! Answer Our Prayers). What do you guys like about E3 this week will show?

• Apparently we're gonna see a GOTG game at E3.

• Hold up a minute, source?

Apparently we're gonna see a GOTG game at E3.

• edited June 2021

From Jason Schreier himself, so it's probably true.

He also confirmed a list of 2K game leaks which include an XCOM styled Marvel game developed by Firaxis. The same leak also confirmed that they will be revealing a Borderlands spin off based around Tiny Tina titled, "Tiny Tina's Wonderlands," which will apparently have the same gameplay as the previous games.

Hold up a minute, source?

• Yeah, I don't have anything to look forward to, except for Elden Ring, Dying Light 2, maybe Resident Evil 4 Remake and the new game from the Dead Space creator (Forgot what it was called).

So It looks like E3 is coming up soon in a few days. I think first,it is EA over the Battlefield 6 teaser and hopefully (dear God pls let th

• holy shit there's backstory to this picture and it's so freaking cuuuute

Thank you, random youtube recommendation!

hehe duckzilla (Neytiirix on twitter)

• After the... mess... that was Marvel's Avengers, I'm pretty darn scared now.

Eidos... you better not be doing what I think you're doing...

From Jason Schreier himself, so it's probably true. https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1400468483113095169 He also confirmed a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.