The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited June 2021

Gameplay looks alright. I like that you command the Guardians to attack and do combos.

Not a fan of the designs for Star Lord, Gamora and Groot, they look way too busy like you said especially with the weird looking shoulder pad things. I do like Drax and his weird new skin patterns, and I like Rockets beard braid. There's also waaayyy too much talking. Also did they say fuck?

EDIT
    Just realised that the game is being written by Dan Abnett, who re-defined the Guardians team as we see them now, so that gives me more confidence about the writing and story.

AChicken posted: »

So, uh, the Squenix Guardians game was just previewed... From the looks of it, I'm very mixed. * The game looks very inspired by the mo

• Is it possible we've reached the point where Telltale as a game genre is now a potential 'trend' the big-wig companies chase? :o

iFoRias posted: »

They even put in a "Rocket will remember that" line so they have to be self-aware of how similar the games are.

• edited June 2021

Somerville has been announced by Jumpship, a studio co-created by one of the co-creators of Playdead, who developed Limbo and Inside.

I liked Limbo and really enjoyed Inside so I'm looking forward to this.

Also another trailer for Twelve Minutes with a release date!

Super weird hearing Daisy Ridley with an american accent.

• a fun youtuber 'Nerdcubed' I follow has been releasing some entertaining E3 recaps. Nice quick way to check out some highlights from the various streams.

Summer Games Fest Abridged
    Wholesome Direct Abridged
    Ubisoft Abridged

Wholesome Direct 2021 if you want to check it out (it's cute!!)

• I just logged onto my personal laptop again after not using it for a while and saw that I have a Wordpad file full of Walking Dead stuff that was last used back at the end of June 2019.
    Good grief

• Capcom had literally nothing in their presentation. At least we're getting RE8 DLC lmao.

• In just a few short hours, we will once again be reminded that Nintendo Switch don't got games.

• ...but we'll be reminded that the New Switch Pro +Ultra DX does got games instead!

Disclaimer: Nintendo confirmed that only Switch Software will be shown in the presentation. Do not expect a Switch Pro reveal.

Poogers555 posted: »

In just a few short hours, we will once again be reminded that Nintendo Switch don't got games.

• edited June 2021

Really enjoyed the Nintendo Direct! Just non-stop announcements and content with barely any breaks. Easily the best presentation of this years E3 by far.

A new Metroid game that has a horror-vibe to it, new Warioware looking like a fever dream I had once, SMT5 looking like a big budget Undertale, Fatal Frame finally getting released from Wii U purgatory, Mario Golf and Mario Party lookin' stupid fun, and of course Breath of the Wild 2 lookin' like a fuckin' snack hot damn does that game look gorgeous.

• Cyberpunk 2077 will be available to purchase on the PlayStation Store again beginning on June 21, 2021.

• Wasn't disappointed by E3 because I literally had no expectations. It was bad but at least Elden Ring was confirmed real.

• "Maybe Mario Kart 9 will finally happen, I mean its only been 7 years"

• Finally I can use my computer to navigate through the forums.

• edited June 2021

I'm actually looking forward to LiS: True Colors since it's made by Deck Nine, who I thought did a good job with Before the Storm, so I started up LiS2. I finished episode 1 and I thought it was pretty good. It had a strong beginning and end, I like the brothers who I felt had some pretty good chemistry, got to meet Seth Rogen who was a chill dude and beat up a racist old man and steal from him. All in all, it was a fun time. Voice acting was good overall, and the dialogue didn't make me want to die or try to get me to watch Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within so that's a plus. I do think it went on a little long though, and the game still has similar issues with its lip syncing and facial animations like the previous games. Other than that, I enjoyed it.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I'm actually looking forward to LiS: True Colors since it's made by Deck Nine, who I thought did a good job with Before the Storm

Honestly, that's the reason why I'm scared about True Colors, I thought they squandered pretty much ever plot point in BTS to an amazing degree. Only reason I'm somewhat hopeful is that it's pretty clear there were rewrites to some degree that caused the third episode to be really disjointed.

lupinb0y posted: »

I'm actually looking forward to LiS: True Colors since it's made by Deck Nine, who I thought did a good job with Before the Storm, so I star

• The third episode of what?

dojo32161 posted: »

I'm actually looking forward to LiS: True Colors since it's made by Deck Nine, who I thought did a good job with Before the Storm Ho

...Life is Strange Before the Storm

DabigRG posted: »

The third episode of what?

This might be the weirdest premise for a cartoon that I'm onboard with.

• So it's an isekai featuring a horse as a main character. Also there's a complete tonal shift between the dark, normal world and this bright, musical fantasy world.

Very weird pitch for a show, but it got my attention.

• Im trying to remember what that one was about, but I assume it was when Damon starting getting involved

...Life is Strange Before the Storm

• What the actual fuck

The last episode

Im trying to remember what that one was about, but I assume it was when Damon starting getting involved

• edited June 2021

Yeah I wasn't too fond of the last episode with all those dropped or abrupt end to plot points (Rachel manipulating Chloe, the stuff with the mom, the mob boss dude, etc) but apparently by the final episode they were facing some budgetary problems that forced them to have to quickly close things out so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Plus they're not constrained to being a prequel and an episodic game so I have a bit more hope that they'll handle things better.

I'm actually looking forward to LiS: True Colors since it's made by Deck Nine, who I thought did a good job with Before the Storm Ho

• Love the contrast between the gritty dark fantasy and the centaurworld that was clearly created by people that dropped a lot of acid. Looking forward to this.

• @dojo32161 The last episode

Oh yeah, that did wrap things up pretty suddenly, not to mention unsatisfyingly; at least it is apparently possible to get Sera and Rachel together. Also, the Eliot stuff felt super forced considering the playthrough I saw didn't see the stalker wall he apparently has.

What's up with all the Rachel manipulation stuff, btw?

Yeah I wasn't too fond of the last episode with all those dropped or abrupt end to plot points (Rachel manipulating Chloe, the stuff with th

• It's implied that Rachel manipulates a lot of the people around her either for fun or her own gain, but they don't go into it too deeply which was disappointing. It's kind of obvious considering in the first game it's revealed that she was seeing Chloe and Frank and around the same time without either of them knowing.

@dojo32161 The last episode Oh yeah, that did wrap things up pretty suddenly, not to mention unsatisfyingly; at least it is apparent

• Oh yeah.

Were she and Frank actually a thing cause I seem to recall him speaking about her in a vaguely unrequited manner?

It's implied that Rachel manipulates a lot of the people around her either for fun or her own gain, but they don't go into it too deeply whi

• He had pictures of them together and he made it clear that they were in a relationship. He even said that they had planned to take his RV and drive out of Arcadia Bay together or something like that before she was killed, but I think it was hinted that she had actually just been stringing him along and using him for drugs.

Oh yeah. Were she and Frank actually a thing cause I seem to recall him speaking about her in a vaguely unrequited manner?

• Ah. Poor dude either way

He had pictures of them together and he made it clear that they were in a relationship. He even said that they had planned to take his RV an

• Finally, I was able to order a PS5, took a lot longer than it should have, but soon, it will be in my hands. First up, Spider Man Miles Morales.

• You lucky charm bastard. Crying on Demon's Souls Remake

PS5s are like artifacts. As Indiana Jones would say, they belong to a museum.

Finally, I was able to order a PS5, took a lot longer than it should have, but soon, it will be in my hands. First up, Spider Man Miles Morales.

• edited June 2021

Enjoy your PlayStation 5, I'll be looking to buy an Xbox Series X, but from what I've read, PlayStation 5's are notoriously harder to get, so hats off to you for being able to get one. I sincerely hope you enjoy your experience with the console.

I'll just add, be wary of the DualSense, it's a mighty fine controller, but has an infamous reputation for problems arising after about 400 hours or so of usage. Maybe you'll not have any problems, and you have likely did your research on the accessories beforehand, but just thought I'd share a reminder as it'd be a pain to deal with.

EDIT: The DualSense has reportedly encountered stick drifting after 400 hours of use, the original version of my vague comment said that it sustained troubles after 100 hours of use. Also, to point out, I was vague as I forgot what the actual problem with the DualSense was, but I knew that there was a problem with it that circulated around the internet back at the start of the year.

Finally, I was able to order a PS5, took a lot longer than it should have, but soon, it will be in my hands. First up, Spider Man Miles Morales.

• Thank you for the heads up, I was actually not aware of this issue. I'll have to look into that some more and see what can be done.

Enjoy your PlayStation 5, I'll be looking to buy an Xbox Series X, but from what I've read, PlayStation 5's are notoriously harder to get, s

• edited June 2021

Not a problem, I should clarify what the specific issue is, as I was rather vague in my last comment, (reason being that I forgot the specific issue, I just knew at the time of writing that a problem with the controller was going around months ago). The issue that was making the news rounds a few months back was stick drifting, and to correct myself, there are people that have experienced this after 400 hours of playing, so forget my "100 hour" part, that was wrong.

I've a couple of links to share that go more into it, if you fancy reading them, I'll spoiler tag so to save space on people's screens:

Thank you for the heads up, I was actually not aware of this issue. I'll have to look into that some more and see what can be done.

• I hope Scott Pilgrim gets made into an animated series one day. I love the movie and all but it's very different from the graphic novels. Scott is a much bigger manchild in the comics, and the whole series is focused on watching Scott grow up, with the Seven Evil Exes essentially being a backdrop to everything despite still being an important element. Many of the characters get way more development, including the exes, except funnily enough the Twins who also got shafted in the movie lol.

What I'm saying is go read the Scott Pilgrims books, they're great. Just don't go in expecting the movie but in comicbook form.

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• I have nothing else to look forward to this year. I hope I get a chance to buy a PS5 this summer.

• God I hope this is finally happening. I'd love to own this on console. Last year was the 10th anniversary, this year's 11th came and went with barely any fanfare.

There may be an Alan Wake Remaster on the way: https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1405839809453740036

• How much did you pay for PS5 though?

Thank you for the heads up, I was actually not aware of this issue. I'll have to look into that some more and see what can be done.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.