The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• So this is the thing now huh? Batman vs. whatever the hell we can come up with. Batman vs. Superman. Batman vs. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Batman vs. Bigby.

This pretty much happens in comics all the time. Sometimes it's really neat, and then other times it's just so weird.

So this is the thing now huh? Batman vs. whatever the hell we can come up with. Batman vs. Superman. Batman vs. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Tur

• The Joker pays his taxes, and Bruce Wayne doesn't...

batman vs the IRS... that one actually sounds quite appropriate

• edited June 2021

I finished Mass Effect 3. This might actually be my favourite of the trilogy. I really enjoyed my time with it.

The gameplay is easily the best of the three and just felt really good in general. The visuals have aged really well for the most part. I loved the characters, both new and old. I even found myself enjoying the company of those I previously didn't particularly connect with. The story and characters also had me feeling the big sad a few times throughout the course of the game. The voice acting is the strongest it's ever been. Martin Sheen plays a fantastic villain in this. It was also interesting seeing the kind of impact my choices in the previous games had in ME3. Also the Citadel DLC is so stupid it's incredible. I absolutely loved it. Also it wasn't super horny like the previous games lmao.

My biggest criticism would be that my ending fell a bit flat for me. It just felt really weird lol, which does put a damper on some of my enjoyment of the overall game which I thought was excellent. Aside from that the animation felt pretty jank at times, there was this weird bug where I'd get alt-tabbed randomly, the non-important NPC's are pretty damn ugly, and I think some of the voice direction at the end could have been improved.

Overall, I really loved the game. I thought it was great for all the reasons listed above and I had an absolute blast with it.

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is probably my game of the year so far. It's brilliant, with each installment being better than the last. It has some of the best storytelling, characters and emotional moments I've seen in video games, and I'm glad I finally got around to playing it.

Some random notes on ME3 off the top of my head

MORDIN WHYYYYYYYYYY
    THANE WHYYYYYYYYYY
    LEGION WHYYYYYYYYYY
    Love the return of the ME2 cast and I'm glad most of them played a sizable part in the game. Especially Mordin and Jack.
    It was funny walking in on Tali and Garrus hugging. I'm very happy for them. I guess Tali got over her human fetish.
    The Citadel DLC is amazing. Really dumb but legitimately very entertaining and funny. I especially enjoyed the party at the end.
    My God the NPC's are uggo.
    Why'd they give Miranda's sister such a generic looking model that looks nothing like her instead of the one in ME2 which at least looked unique. Like seriously, she looks older than Miranda in this despite supposedly being a teenager.
    They really should've made the effort to make younger looking models. It was weird having Jack refer to her students as kids and then you see a bunch of adults who look 10 years her senior. Same with Jacob looking after the "kids" in the Citadel DLC. Why is Jacob giving these grown ass adults change to use at the arcade.
    I got the "merge organic and synthetic life" ending. It was super weird. Not a big fan the weird green sheen everyone suddenly has.
    In the stargazing epilogue, why'd they shrink down an adult character model instead of the using the child character model they already have.

• I wonder if it will make the car crash

AChicken posted: »

A Tesla car can play Cyberpunk 2077. wtf elon

• Sneak peek at the upcoming League of Legends animated series that's coming to Netflix. Every frame of this is absolutely gorgeous, hot damn! Very much looking forward to this despite not being a LoL fan in any way. Now hopefully the writing is good.

• edited June 2021

Yup, it's a sequel.

I don't like the trailer editing shenanigans they're doing here. Some of their lip synching is off, but I'm sure that's because of the fast-pace presentation they've set in the editing room. It paints a bad look for the show.

• edited June 2021

Glad you enjoyed it as much as i did,yeah ME3 is possibly my favorite of the trilogy they did a fantastic job,the stakes are really high and they really make you feel like you're in the endgame the whole time there are a lot of emotional scenes it's a hell of a ride.

It was also interesting seeing the kind of impact my choices in the previous games had in ME3

Yeah,that's something that i'm always impressed about when i replay the games,to see characters who could've died in the first or second game for example be in ME3 i've never seen any other franchise handle determinant characters the way they did so big props to them for that.

And yeah the Citadel DLC is amazing lmao it's the last dlc they made i think so there's a lot of fan-service,memes it's great.

Gonna repeat myself a bit here but i'm glad you enjoyed it it's been fun reading your thoughts on the games.

lupinb0y posted: »

I finished Mass Effect 3. This might actually be my favourite of the trilogy. I really enjoyed my time with it. The gameplay is easily th

• So it is out officially then? I heard it had been leaked a couple of days back and now it's suddenly got more people actually talking about it.

Okay, why is The Owl House fandom going nuts? What the hell could possibly happen in two fucking episodes that's gotten them this worked up? (checks YouTube) Ooooooooooookay, now I get it.

• That Elmer Fudd one was the most surreal thing.

Then I remembered the Mad Hatter is a borderline B lister.

The closest thing you'll get are those comicbooks of Batman fighting a Predator in the 90's. Or that time he fought a Xenomorph. Or that time he went toe to toe with Elmer Fudd.

• I think a couple episodes were released early for Pride Month

DabigRG posted: »

So it is out officially then? I heard it had been leaked a couple of days back and now it's suddenly got more people actually talking about it.

• edited June 2021

Great showcase of Indie games. So glad I can try a few out next week.

0:55 Signalis
    4:28 Kena: Bridge of Spirits
    11:12 Norco
    16:28 Harold Halibut
    24:33 Sable
    32:05 Lost in Random
    35:28 Twelve Minutes
    41:35 The Big Con

• Yeah... I'm thinking Wolf Among Us Leak 12 is gonna be the one, Gamers. B)

• Yoooo another confirmed leak from the always correct GamingLeaksAndRumors subreddit! I love those guys! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah... I'm thinking Wolf Among Us Leak 12 is gonna be the one, Gamers.

• Out of everything that's been posted in the past this sounds like the most legit simply because it's just a re-release of the game with the soundtrack and a digital copy of the TWAU comicbook.

Yeah... I'm thinking Wolf Among Us Leak 12 is gonna be the one, Gamers.

• tfw Deluxe Edition is "game plus soundtrack thats it" cant believe this is totally real!!!

Out of everything that's been posted in the past this sounds like the most legit simply because it's just a re-release of the game with the soundtrack and a digital copy of the TWAU comicbook.

• Surprising amount of restraint shown here, ngl.

Out of everything that's been posted in the past this sounds like the most legit simply because it's just a re-release of the game with the soundtrack and a digital copy of the TWAU comicbook.

• Inb4 TFTB: Redux is just a re-release of the game plus soundtrack.

tfw Deluxe Edition is "game plus soundtrack thats it" cant believe this is totally real!!!

• Yeah, where's the collectables that'll unlock different outfits for Bigby including one with him just in his undies?

Surprising amount of restraint shown here, ngl.

• Or stripper Bigby emotes.

Yeah, where's the collectables that'll unlock different outfits for Bigby including one with him just in his undies?

• THE FABLES #2 BIGBY FIT CONFIRMED FOR WOLF 2!?!?!?!?!

Yeah, where's the collectables that'll unlock different outfits for Bigby including one with him just in his undies?

• Legendary Item only obtainable during special event loot box drop event during the episode 3 launch

Or stripper Bigby emotes.

• I cannot comment on the forums through my computer. What happened?

• Wait, was it saying something like "You don't have those permissions"? Something like that happened to me too earlier.

AronDracula posted: »

I cannot comment on the forums through my computer. What happened?

• Amateurs. I've had login problems like that for a week now.

Wait, was it saying something like "You don't have those permissions"? Something like that happened to me too earlier.

• edited June 2021

All these forum issues are because the site is getting ready to announce The Wolf Among Us: Deluxe Edition - including a digital soundtrack and a digital comic that does not follow the same story of Wolf 1 even though its an adaptation and that's it. Yeah. I think its happening, Gamers. B)

• Yeah, it's been a fun month. I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed them!

I'm considering getting Andromeda. I know the writing quality isn't exactly on the same level as the main trilogy, but I'm kind of itching to get back into the world lol.

iFoRias posted: »

Glad you enjoyed it as much as i did,yeah ME3 is possibly my favorite of the trilogy they did a fantastic job,the stakes are really high and

• edited June 2021

I'd say go for it if you want i remember getting it on sales on ps4 and having a good time,and recently bought it again on pc a few months ago to play the multiplayer i can tell you it has the best gameplay in the franchise so you'll probably have fun playing it.

The writing is..different,just as long as you remember it's not the main trilogy and more like a new begininng it should be fine.

Yeah, it's been a fun month. I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed them! I'm considering getting Andromeda. I know the writing quality isn't exactly on the same level as the main trilogy, but I'm kind of itching to get back into the world lol.

• Twelve Minutes: releases August 19 2021. Just announced in the Xbox stream.
    YES (I was expecting a late Fall release)

• YOO @lupinb0y
    PLAGUE TALE 2 - REQUIEM

• I am very excited for The Outer Worlds 2. I loved that game. It was so clever and witty. So much fun.

• I'm not really interested in the game itself, but I have to admit that was a very entertaining trailer.

I am very excited for The Outer Worlds 2. I loved that game. It was so clever and witty. So much fun.

• Hooray, The Outer Worlds 2 is announced.

(sees Xbox)

Fuck, I forgot Microsoft bought Obsidian.

I am very excited for The Outer Worlds 2. I loved that game. It was so clever and witty. So much fun.

• edited June 2021

So, uh, the Squenix Guardians game was just previewed... From the looks of it, I'm very mixed.

• The game looks very inspired by the modern comics/MCU look. Okay, something familiar to draw me in.
    • Music plays a big part once again. I love me some music.
    • I'm not a fan of the voices. I might just need to get used to them, but with the stellar movie cast and Telltale's great attempt at re-creating it (Nolan North is a VA god), these totally original takes, accents, inflections of the characters is off-putting.
    • The character designs look way too busy. Gamora looks the less busiest-design, and she really stands out because of it. It's strange.
    • The graphics on environments and detail on the characters is impressive, though. Not gonna lie about that.
    • The gameplay is a third-person shooter/RPG-style combat system. So, damage numbers, levelling, buffs, etc. Not my kind of game. Looks like you only play as Star-Lord :cry: but can tell other characters to assist in combat.
    • There's a mechanic used where you blare out the speakers on Peter's mixtape for a boost to you and your teammates. Song used? A cut version of Joan Jett's Bad Reputation. Ooh.
    • The game looks like it's a full-fledged single-player story experience. None of that MMORPG fluff from Avengers, with a games-as-a-service schedule that inevitably fails if the game flops.
    • Surprisingly, they seem to be heavily inspired by the themes of dysfunctional family that grinds the Guardians together and mayyyybe Telltale Games' rendition -- where there's dialogue choices in cutscenes! I don't think any of them have a major effect on the story, (since the player chose one thing, and later the opposite happened), but it's interesting that we'll dive into clearing up the family bickering once again.

I'll keep this one on my radar, but I'm not too impressed or interested in it being a must-buy game.

...Don't mind me, I'm just a really big fan of the modern Guardians characters. :lol:
    Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Official Reveal Trailer

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Gameplay First Look

• Off-brand Marvel is my new favorite sub-genre

Looks much more focused than the Avengers game at least in terms of "what it is." Could end up being pretty good. (And yeah, pretty funny how it is pretty similar to Telltale's GOTG with how it has a focus on choices.)

Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy - Deluxe Edition!

So, uh, the Squenix Guardians game was just previewed... From the looks of it, I'm very mixed. * The game looks very inspired by the mo

• They even put in a "Rocket will remember that" line so they have to be self-aware of how similar the games are.

Off-brand Marvel is my new favorite sub-genre Looks much more focused than the Avengers game at least in terms of "what it is." Could end

• So far, nothing from E3 earned my attention. Elden Ring is all I got.

• Oh, naturally

I think a couple episodes were released early for Pride Month

• Square Enix, those thieves. Even the Drax design looked similar. Frankly, it's kind of bizarrely close the games are, at least based on the trailer.

Still though, it was a nice looking game. Although that voice acting was awful.

iFoRias posted: »

They even put in a "Rocket will remember that" line so they have to be self-aware of how similar the games are.

• YEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH PLAGUE TALE SEQUEL AND OUTER WORLDS 2 BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

YOO @lupinb0y PLAGUE TALE 2 - REQUIEM

Sign in to comment in this discussion.