The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• this is so fucking baller and im honestly more hyped for this than twau2 rn

Clementine is getting her own graphic novel titled Clementine Book One, which will see her embark on a brand new adventure. It will be writt

• I don't know if you got a bundle or not, but if you want a spiffy new PS5 title to play when it arrives, There's currently a weekend flash sale for the big launch titles, until June 29th.
    Weekend flash sale

(all USD)
    Returnal is 30% off at $50.
    Spider-Man Miles Morales is 40% off at $30
    Demon's Souls is 30% off at $50.
    and Sackboy: A Big Adventure is 30% off at $40.

Finally, I was able to order a PS5, took a lot longer than it should have, but soon, it will be in my hands. First up, Spider Man Miles Morales.

• Feel like this is a decade and a half too late, but I'm sure this will definitely please 90's/early 2000's fans of Cartoon Network. Me, I could never get into Courage, but I hope this ends up good.

lupinb0y posted: »

I've died and have been transported back into the early 2000's.

• edited June 2021

Just got the regular disc PS5, no bundle. However, I was able to snag Miles Morales and Demons Souls off of Amazon thanks to Prime and got some good deals on them. Plus, got a new Amex card with a 20% cash back on Amazon orders for the first 6 months, so that's an extra benefit. Did look at and consider Returnal, but I want to do more research on it and held off until it gets a bit cheaper. Still need to get a few other games before as well, like Mass Effect, Jedi Fallen Order, Ratchet and Clank, etc.

AChicken posted: »

I don't know if you got a bundle or not, but if you want a spiffy new PS5 title to play when it arrives, There's currently a weekend flash s

• look at and consider Returnal

I'm pretty hyped for the game, but I'd still say: wait until we hear news about a quick-save feature before buying the game.

One of the big issues some people have had (especially busy people) is that there's no save option. Either you quit, making you restart your run the next time you boot the game up, or, you play through the game for at least 3 hours to get to the end.

To me, it's silly there's no save feature at all, even one that forcibly quits the game, but allows you a one-time continue when you start it up again.
    The devs are currently discussing how they might want to implement a save feature, so there's hope.

Just got the regular disc PS5, no bundle. However, I was able to snag Miles Morales and Demons Souls off of Amazon thanks to Prime and got s

• I am downloading Horizon Zero Dawn right now because I have nothing else in my mind. I played Dark Souls Remastered a little bit but I stopped after the first half of the game because I was not in mood to defeat every single boss in the game. I hope Horizon doesn't bore me because I'm not interested in open world games anymore (Except for Elden Ring, of course).

Takes 5 fucking hours to download it by the way. I hate how long it takes to download a game and its updates on PS4.

• The game starts out a bit slow and take some time to get use to the mechanics, but trust me, it soars to amazing levels when the world begins to open up more. Just stick with it, and you will not regret it. And yeah, it’s a big game.

AronDracula posted: »

I am downloading Horizon Zero Dawn right now because I have nothing else in my mind. I played Dark Souls Remastered a little bit but I stopp

• edited July 2021

It was on sale so I finally bought a copy of the Dragon Prince artbook! It's lookin' real nice so far but I wish they showed more of the concept designs for the characters. You get a peak at one early design for Rayla where's she's green but that's about it, at least from where I'm at.

• edited July 2021

Who says you can only wear the rainbow on the 6th month of the year? Screw that, I’m riding this out through July…

(Still don’t know who I am yet, sorry. The rainbow seems to be a catch-all, so I’m sticking with that.)
    And lol imagine drawing a hand for a wing. I sure can’t.

• edited July 2021

So Pride Month has wrapped up (let's go again next year!), and Sony has wrote a blog post on Diversity and how inclusion gives a more realistic portrayal of in game world's, and perhaps shake up how we look at our own:

“Like any other creative medium, games are a canvas for storytelling, and authentic LGBTQ+ stories deserve to be told. But games also go further by adding interactivity and agency,” says Blair Durkee, Special Consultant for Gaming, GLAAD. “Games are the only medium that allow people to embody a character, to see and experience, and even craft the story through that character’s eyes. For the LGBTQ+ community, it’s an incredibly powerful tool for building empathy and understanding.”

“When I play a game, and feel as though I was left out, it feels almost intentional. As a member of the LGBTQ+ community, we don’t have to be front and center all the time, but it shouldn’t be rare when we are recognized,” says Schatz. “As someone who develops games and crafts interactive experiences for characters, I think it’s important to clearly acknowledge the character’s identity, and then show how it is just a small part of the complex and unique person they are..”

For a full read, here's the link: https://www-sie-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.sie.com/en/blog/gaming-creating-worlds-of-authentic-storytelling/amp/

It's about time we normalize LGBTQIA+ characters in games, instead of treating every case as "fulfilling a quota" or something stupid. They've got their place in entertainment and that should be recognised, if that bothers anyone, sorry not sorry, but there's little harm, genuinely little harm in seeing the world of a game through a different lens, and not all games will feature characters that are written in such a way that they achieve the seemingly impossible standards that are set out by "Gamers™" to somehow justify the presence of a diverse character or cast, but it's all about normalization, sharing the stage, rather than setting a strict list of requirements that are subjective and a thinly veiled way to keep out stories that go against industry norms by going against the generic white protagonist that always gets the girl trope. I just want new stories that, when I'm up for them, get me thinking, and acknowledge that there's different people from all walks of life with stories waiting to be told. At the very end of the day, it breeds innovation and rejuvenates a market that is oversaturated with more of the same, giving something totally new, that'll shake things up for the better, and further evolve how we tell stories. I love video games, and I think I'm not the only one who thinks that it's a medium that's perfect for telling stories, but it's about time for a different kind of story to be told.

• Anyone here fancy a game of Rocket League sometime? I'm pretty poopoo when it comes to Rocket League, but who knows, we may have a laugh at my shortcomings and my inability to competently drive a car :joy: Send me a DM or something and we can organize a time to play via crossplay. My Epic Games username is DylanWoods777

• Just announced: Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut, an expansion to the game with a new island and PS5 features.

Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut arrives on PS5 and PS4 consoles on August 20

The expansion on PS4 costs 20$ US.
    The full edition on PS4 costs 60$ US, and the PS5 version 70$.

Upgrading between Director's Cut PS4 to PS5 will cost 10$ US.
    Upgrading between Base PS4 to DC PS5 will cost 30$ US

• What's with the director's cut releases for this and Death Stranding? It's not like Sony interfered in development to remove or change what the directors were going for, right?

Just announced: Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut, an expansion to the game with a new island and PS5 features. Ghost of Tsushima Directo

• I just watched Episode 7 of TWD Season 2...Wth...

• I think that's just Sony's new, cinematic way to call it a 'Game of the Year edition.

Their studios are usually pretty open and allow tons of freedom to their creatives, so I doubt it's as if these new editions for Death Stranding or Tsushima are the directors re-claiming or adding that one specific thing Sony wouldn't allow. (especially so for Kojima. They hired him because he could do whatever he wanted.)

What's with the director's cut releases for this and Death Stranding? It's not like Sony interfered in development to remove or change what the directors were going for, right?

• I would say that is probably how Sony does view the director cuts.

Now if only Gearbox figured out what a Director's Cut is. (That name choice still really bothers me- its really the opposite of a Director's Cut lol)

I think that's just Sony's new, cinematic way to call it a 'Game of the Year edition. Their studios are usually pretty open and allow ton

• it's probably a mixture between a marketing ploy to get more people to buy the game and the devs wanting to add in cool stuff they didn't have enough development time to add.

What's with the director's cut releases for this and Death Stranding? It's not like Sony interfered in development to remove or change what the directors were going for, right?

• edited July 2021

First time in a LONG time I’ve changed my picture, but for good reason. I’m a bit early, but Happy Fucking Birthday to the United States of America.

Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans.

• Every time I get 7+ notifications about the Last of Us thread

(why'd Naughty Dog have to create a literal fandom civil war? Why? I only hope that one of these days those replies are about Factions II instead :weary:)

• You fool, you've made the mistake of talking about it on the general thread. What have you DONE?!

Every time I get 7+ notifications about the Last of Us thread (why'd Naughty Dog have to create a literal fandom civil war? Why? I only hope that one of these days those replies are about Factions II instead )

• Moments like this is why hockey is the best sport in the world. Wish the Islanders ended up making the Stanley Cup.

• Rest in Peace, Philece Sampler, the voice actress who played a certain beloved character in The Legend of Korra.

Old Toph Beifong

• Oof.

Every time I get 7+ notifications about the Last of Us thread (why'd Naughty Dog have to create a literal fandom civil war? Why? I only hope that one of these days those replies are about Factions II instead )

• US Mutherfuckin A,Baby 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 Happy 4th of July 🇺🇸

First time in a LONG time I’ve changed my picture, but for good reason. I’m a bit early, but Happy Fucking Birthday to the United States of America. Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans.

• Big Oof! Thank Neil from Naughty Dog for that BS. Ugh that guy created more BS from Last of Us 2 and now the thread is in a civil war over literal fandom.

That game will always be the worst. Also on the Game Awards the only award that deserves the most respect is the voice actress for Abby. Who is a Telltale game favorite for all of us here,Laura Bailey. She deserves it. Everything else? Nope. Sorry.

Also i hope everyone is having a good day today. Stay safe

Oof.

• Happy Birthday America 🎉

• I'm sorry, my boy...

• The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition is a reward on Twitch Prime this month...

Also Batman: The Enemy Within (the previous season was a reward last month)
    get 'em free with your amazon prime subscription

• Is Remedy's Control worth playing? I plan to buy it when I get a PS5.

• Thank you Reddit

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Heck yeah

Is Remedy's Control worth playing? I plan to buy it when I get a PS5.

• Guess who just got their second vaccine dose? Me.

I got the Moderna this time. Here’s hoping i don’t get any awful side effects tomorrow. The first one (pfizer) went very smooth.

• Can’t seem to comment or anything on PC for this place :(

Had to pull out my tablet to type this.

• Are you magnetic yet?

Guess who just got their second vaccine dose? Me. I got the Moderna this time. Here’s hoping i don’t get any awful side effects tomorrow. The first one (pfizer) went very smooth.

• That's annoying. Were you having login issues or was it just not working?

Can’t seem to comment or anything on PC for this place Had to pull out my tablet to type this.

• I can look at comments but the account and login pages don’t load at all.

That's annoying. Were you having login issues or was it just not working?

• edited July 2021

Okay, so it looks like other parts of the world got the first Skybound X comic featuring Clementine. After seeing and hearing some stuff about it, I am pretty glad I didn’t waste my money on this.

I said one of two options was going to happen, (I won’t say out of spoilers) and yep, one of those things happened, and it was even worse than I could have possibly imagined. Art looks horrendous too. All I can say is I’m not even remotely optimistic for the graphic novel series. This comic did the unimaginable, it made me hate Clementine, like actually come to despise what was my all time favorite character. Even ANF didn’t manage to do that, holy fuck. But Tillie Walden, she was able to do it in only 12 pages

I’ve always hated when someone argues something they don’t like attached to a series they claim to enjoy is “not canon” (I see this from Avatar fans in regards to The Legend of Korra all the time), but this comic makes a very good argument for doing so. Honestly, Clem should have died in the barn, because what she does here, it’s insulting.

• I said one of two options was going to happen, (I won’t say out of spoilers)

So what happened? Everyone died or she left for a stupid reason?

Honestly, Clem should have died in the barn, because what she does here, it’s insulting.

Is really that bad, huh?

Okay, so it looks like other parts of the world got the first Skybound X comic featuring Clementine. After seeing and hearing some stuff abo

• She left for not only a stupid reason, it’s completely out of character. She abandons AJ (apparently wasn’t even going to say goodbye to him), leaves Ericsons, and everyone there because she’s “unhappy.” Are you fucking shitting me?! She seemed pretty happy to me in her last shot of the game. Relieved, actually, that her fight was over. But no, apparently, we’re going to make Clementine an absentee and deadbeat mom, because that’s better than keeping her with her loved ones after fighting tooth and nail to secure a home after years and years of surviving. Jesus Christ, how do you fuck up a character that badly.

I’ve honestly read fan fiction better than what was made for this. I’d trust the 14 year old with a fanfiction.net account over Walden at this point, the comic was that bad.

I said one of two options was going to happen, (I won’t say out of spoilers) So what happened? Everyone died or she left for a stupi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.