The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Regular price, I was able to get it through Sony Direct. With taxes and shipping, came out to $540

AronDracula posted: »

How much did you pay for PS5 though?

• Ah, of course, the website that is exclusive to America and I am from Europe. I shouldn't have been surprised.

Regular price, I was able to get it through Sony Direct. With taxes and shipping, came out to $540

• Well America is the greatest.

God damn do I fucking love this country.

Ah, of course, the website that is exclusive to America and I am from Europe. I shouldn't have been surprised.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Good song lambasting the US, never actually watched Team America.

Well America is the greatest. God damn do I fucking love this country.

• New He-Man trailer: Uses Holding out for a Hero
    New Guardians game trailer: Uses Holding out for a Hero
    New Loki episode: Uses Holding out for a Hero

wtf is this matrix stuff

• GTA Online shutting down on old gen consoles.

• Final Round of the US Open today, tight leaderboard coming into it, going to be an exciting day. Rooting for Bryson, but part of me still wants Rory to pull it off and get back to winning majors.

• Found this article about the Switch port for the new GOTG game. In it, they use this picture of Rocket, crediting the image to Square Enix.

But that's not theirs! It's Telltale's Rocket! Lmao.

• Not even an American citizen, but I did some serious singing and dancing to that tune back in the day

Well America is the greatest. God damn do I fucking love this country.

• LAW SUIT LAW SUIT LAW SUIT.

AChicken posted: »

Found this article about the Switch port for the new GOTG game. In it, they use this picture of Rocket, crediting the image to Square Enix. But that's not theirs! It's Telltale's Rocket! Lmao.

• I should have posted this before, but for those of you who don't know, Volition's Community Developer IdolNinja (one of the developers for the Saints Row games) has had Cancer for a while and he says he doesn't have much time to live.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/9480/discussions/0/3149682775496734153/
    I gotta give this man credit, even with cancer he is still managing to finish the Saints Row 2 patch.
    One more thing he said is that the new Saints Row Game is gonna be amazing. I hope we get some news on this soon.

• Poor man. He deserves a lot of respect for trying to make the customers proud before the end of his life. Not a fan of Saints Row in general but I'm sending my condolences to him and his family.

Menofthe214 posted: »

I should have posted this before, but for those of you who don't know, Volition's Community Developer IdolNinja (one of the developers for t

• It's a real shame. He was getting better before last Christmas and even made a tweet saying that he was getting back to work :'(

Poor man. He deserves a lot of respect for trying to make the customers proud before the end of his life. Not a fan of Saints Row in general but I'm sending my condolences to him and his family.

• PSA: The Player's Space videos are still active (unlisted), surprisingly.

• edited June 2021

As a consumer: Hooray, Prime Day is here, time to get the best deals.

As a manager in an Amazon warehouse: FUCK! Prime Day is here. You’ve all made my life hell for the past few weeks and the next couple of ones to come.

• I love the movie and all but it's very different from the graphic novels.

Oh yeah, for sure. I honestly really wish they waited until the comic was finished instead of making a movie before it ended. I personally, really liked the comic much more than the film.

lupinb0y posted: »

I hope Scott Pilgrim gets made into an animated series one day. I love the movie and all but it's very different from the graphic novels. Sc

• Wait a second, it didn't have that purple tint to it in the original game. Right?

Found this article about the Switch port for the new GOTG game. In it, they use this picture of Rocket, crediting the image to Square Enix. But that's not theirs! It's Telltale's Rocket! Lmao.

edited June 2021

That still happening in the US? Prime Day was delayed here in Canada.

As a consumer: Hooray, Prime Day is here, time to get the best deals. As a manager in an Amazon warehouse: FUCK! Prime Day is here. You’ve all made my life hell for the past few weeks and the next couple of ones to come.

• edited June 2021

Sam & Max: This Time It's Virtual! is releasing on July 8th

• Yeah, it's happening over there. I think it was postponed here since some major Amazon centres in southwest Ontario had a couple small outbreaks this March, and they had to shut down for a bit.

Also, huh, I don't think I knew you were Canadian.

dojo32161 posted: »

• Yep, Prime is today and tomorrow. Once again, America proves to be the greatest.

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

dojo32161 posted: »

*The worst

Yep, Prime is today and tomorrow. Once again, America proves to be the greatest. AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

• Yea i just brought some movies already on prime day. Including brought a movie channels like Showtime and Cinemax. There's a deal to buy these channels for 99 cents for two months and goes back to it's original price every month after that.

Also looks like EA play will have a Dead Space remastered next month.... don't know how to feel about that other than. I am cautiously optimistic cause well Mass Effect remastered legendary edition is good. But,thst was with Bioware. Soo visceral games isn't around anymore.

Yep, Prime is today and tomorrow. Once again, America proves to be the greatest. AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

• I think it was postponed here since some major Amazon centres in southwest Ontario had a couple small outbreaks this March, and they had to shut down for a bit.

Damn that is still going on over there? We are actually open here in the U.S. sorry to hear that,man.

I hope it gets better soon

Yeah, it's happening over there. I think it was postponed here since some major Amazon centres in southwest Ontario had a couple small outbreaks this March, and they had to shut down for a bit. Also, huh, I don't think I knew you were Canadian.

• It's doing a lot better here than it was earlier.

Unfortunately in the first few months of the year some areas of southern Ontario got some pretty heavy record daily cases. I've been safe though. Lots of vaccine areas are opening up.

strwar3 posted: »

I think it was postponed here since some major Amazon centres in southwest Ontario had a couple small outbreaks this March, and they had to

• Yeah, I heard Ontario was struggling pretty hard. I'm in the golf subreddit, and almost every day for months, someone was posting how places, including golf courses (which makes no sense to me at all since golf is one of the most socially distanced sports ever made), were all still shut down. Good to hear that things are at least getting better and Canada is sort of getting caught up to where we are in the States.

It's doing a lot better here than it was earlier. Unfortunately in the first few months of the year some areas of southern Ontario got some pretty heavy record daily cases. I've been safe though. Lots of vaccine areas are opening up.

• Unfortunately lots of places around me are still closed.
    We're slowly opening back up, with lots of outdoor activities and spaces being open to use, plus things like grocery stores and outdoor patios to restaurants, but things like libraries, indoor malls/retail stores, indoor dining, movie theatres, museums, gyms, and barber shops are still closed.

For the past couple weeks, I've had to wear my hair in a small ponytail for the very first time. It's been over 6 months since my last haircut, I've never gotten it this long.

Yeah, I heard Ontario was struggling pretty hard. I'm in the golf subreddit, and almost every day for months, someone was posting how places

• Honestly, not going to lie, kind of want to see a picture of that. I've always wanted to grow my hair long (the metal head in me wants the long flowing hair), but my hair just grows bushy and super thick, it never grows out. But yeah, all of that sounds like it sucks. Even here in NJ, one of the most restrictive and poorly managed states for COVID, things are opening up again and the mask mandate has gone away. Hopefully things can start to open up again soon for you.

Unfortunately lots of places around me are still closed. We're slowly opening back up, with lots of outdoor activities and spaces being op

• I've always wanted to grow my hair long (the metal head in me wants the long flowing hair), but my hair just grows bushy and super thick, it never grows out.

Dude when I was teen. I thought the same. I wanted long hair and looking more like a badass. LoL also glad things there in NJ are awesome for you.

Honestly, not going to lie, kind of want to see a picture of that. I've always wanted to grow my hair long (the metal head in me wants the l

• I've died and have been transported back into the early 2000's.

• Now this is what I would call the most ambitious Scooby Doo crossover and I hope it ends up good. Why they took so long to make this happen is beyond me.

I've died and have been transported back into the early 2000's.

• Cartoon Network did do promos/bumpers featuring the two crossing over that played during ad breaks but that's about it. I'm surprised it took almost 20 years for this to actually happen.

Now this is what I would call the most ambitious Scooby Doo crossover and I hope it ends up good. Why they took so long to make this happen is beyond me.

• I did see those promos now. For some reason, I never knew of them as a kid.

Cartoon Network did do promos/bumpers featuring the two crossing over that played during ad breaks but that's about it. I'm surprised it took almost 20 years for this to actually happen.

• bro I really wish I signed up for 'The Big Con' demo at Tribeca. that game looks so zany and entertaining and I'm sad I overlooked it

• god i feel you dude. i haven't had my haircut since april 2020, i've had to start tying it, as it now covers my entire face when it's unkept. haircut places are open around me but im so busy with work and then when i actually get days off i either dont have the money for a haircut or i dont have a way to the barber shop.

Unfortunately lots of places around me are still closed. We're slowly opening back up, with lots of outdoor activities and spaces being op

• This is incredibly surreal

I've died and have been transported back into the early 2000's.

• edited June 2021

Clementine is getting her own graphic novel titled Clementine Book One, which will see her embark on a brand new adventure. It will be written by Tillie Walden, the Writer for Clementine's Story in SKYBOUND X Issue #1

Here's a synopsis:

It’s a new beginning for Clementine, the star of the bestselling video game franchise TELLTALE’S THE WALKING DEAD, in CLEMENTINE BOOK ONE, as she’s back on the road, looking to put her traumatic past behind her and forge a new path all her own. But when she comes across an Amish teenager named Amos with his head in the clouds, the unlikely pair journeys North to an abandoned ski resort in Vermont, where they meet up with a small group of teenagers attempting to build a new, walker-free settlement. As friendship, rivalry, and romance begin to blossom amongst the group, the harsh winter soon reveals that the biggest threat to their survival…might be each other.

Tillie Walden's thoughts on the Clementine book:

“Starting out with a character like Clementine is both a huge responsibility and joy. Clementine is a person who brings adventure with her everywhere she goes, and the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to take her beyond the world of the games, to somewhere new and thrilling (like the top of a mountain!),” said Walden. “She is a force and drawing and writing her story has been one of the best experiences in my cartooning life.”

Here's the link to the Skybound Press Release if anyone would like to read it:
    https://www.skybound.com/comics/skybound-comet/announcing-ya-middle-age-graphic-novel-imprint.

Finally, here's the cover for Clementine Book One

• Finally managed to buy the Xbox Series X from Best Buy. And seems I was lucky because it's now sold out.

• edited June 2021

Since it's titled Book One, I assume this is the beginning of a series starring Clementine. Tillie Walden is a fantastic writer so I'm looking forward to this, or at the very least cautiously optimistic.

I wonder how long after TFS this takes place if she's comfortable leaving AJ's side. Unless the one shot we're getting in the Skybound X issue is a prelude to the series and something... happens.

Just looked it up, it's part of a planned trilogy of books starring Clem.

Clementine is getting her own graphic novel titled Clementine Book One, which will see her embark on a brand new adventure. It will be writt

Sign in to comment in this discussion.